CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I like the idea behind everything, but I think the movement buffs on the sword need to be reevaluated. Remember CTF Truth in early H5? Flag runs were pretty silly with that sword. They took it out for a reason.

Looks like E3 is about to be cancelled, meaning that big E3 Infinite news dump we were expecting might come a bit earlier since theres no big event to hold that stuff back for now? 

In sprint halo like h5, the sword is perfectly fine without a speed boost. 

Just now, ChieftaiNZ said:

Looks like E3 is about to be cancelled, meaning that big E3 Infinite news dump we were expecting might come a bit earlier since theres no big event to hold that stuff back for now? 

What because of the virus? 

3 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

This, as well as some other rumblings that an announcement was supposed to happen today but slipped.

No idea why, but that seems the most likely.

Yeah so basically the virus. I wonder if 343 will release info about halo infinite earlier than they wanted. If e3 gets canceled then other gaming expos might not want to go about either, so 343 may just do a private live stream. Hopefully if they do that, they’ll advertise it. Maybe mention a battle royale.

This is a BIG bruh moment for 343, other than 1 trailer for the game its had no advertising at all and the event they were probably planning on going huge with advertising and game play get canceled...RIP

• Like (+1) 1

E3 - home of the fake gameplay trailer. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

This is a BIG bruh moment for 343, other than 1 trailer for the game its had no advertising at all and the event they were probably planning on going huge with advertising and game play get canceled...RIP

I doubt it will be that big of a blow. With the new console being this year and Microsoft looking at Halo being one of it's launch titles  they won't let it fly under the radar. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess some kind of E3 stream is still happening just hopefully without all the cringe talking in between. It's not like 343 is the only one who has prepared a "gameplay" trailer specifically for E3 so that's still happening I assume. 

24 minutes ago, Basu said:

I guess some kind of E3 stream is still happening just hopefully without all the cringe talking in between. It's not like 343 is the only one who has prepared a "gameplay" trailer specifically for E3 so that's still happening I assume. 

Yeah Microsoft had similar plans for GDC. Just to stream everything they had planned for it so could potentially be the same for E3.

They'll just do a nintendo direct-esque livestream for the content they were gonna cover during E3. E3 is a dinosaur that publishers are slowly realising they don't need in this era. This years cancellation will just accelerate the decline. I doubt E3 will even be a thing by 2025.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, Hxrshly said:

They'll just do a nintendo direct-esque livestream for the content they were gonna cover during E3. E3 is a dinosaur that publishers are slowly realising they don't need in this era. This years cancellation will just accelerate the decline. I doubt E3 will even be a thing by 2025.

17 hours ago, Arlong said:

Maybe mention a battle royale.

why do you post on this website

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Arlong said:

Yeah so basically the virus. I wonder if 343 will release info about halo infinite earlier than they wanted. If e3 gets canceled then other gaming expos might not want to go about either, so 343 may just do a private live stream. Hopefully if they do that, they’ll advertise it. Maybe mention a battle royale.

Only way I can see them showing a BR would be them using it as a way to show Forge's capabilities. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MrTummyTumms said:

Only way I can see them showing a BR would be them using it as a way to show Forge's capabilities. 

Someone mentioned having a Halo ring as the map. Obviously not to scale but just big enough to fit in ALL the competitive maps as point locations similar to Call of Duty's Blackout. You could have ODST drop pods in the beginning and at the end a pelican to take you off. I think it would work if it were F2P and the micro transactions were smart. 

• Like (+1) 4

Okay, sure, if a BR map had every single map in the franchise in it and arranged properly, I'd be impressed. But I damn well want to be able to trot my happy ass up through the Ice Fields into Sidewinder and through an Avalanche and be entering Valhalla via its snowy top and then take a boat from its shore to a Forerunner version of Longshore

And that's not gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

Okay, sure, if a BR map had every single map in the franchise in it and arranged properly, I'd be impressed. But I damn well want to be able to trot my happy ass up through the Ice Fields into Sidewinder and through an Avalanche and be entering Valhalla via its snowy top and then take a boat from its shore to a Forerunner version of Longshore

And that's not gonna happen.

If they took the effort to actually make that map, they should just release it as forge world 2.0. 

It's not even funny how much forge world carried Reach. That game wouldn't have had any competitive relevance at all if it weren't for forge world. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would actually love it if some suit at 343 is like "WE MUST HAVE A BR MODE!" and the 343 team do a malicious compliance and make it 100% within Forge to show off the Forge engine.

That would have zero resources wasted (as Forge is already a thing) and would show Forge off and what it can do. Launch it as a playlist on launch. 16-24 players max. Real basic, quick games that play like a super fast paced FFA. Magnum spawns, pick up powerups/weapons on map that are random. Whatever. That would give me mad respect for 343i. 

Also if Microsoft pull off a short-notice (3 months for such a big event is short term) "digital xbox event" I will also give them mad respect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

It shouldn't really be too hard. They have the speeches and trailers ready to go they just have to deliver the words sitting in a few chairs in front of a camera instead of on an E3 stage. This should actually be easier for them since they don't have to work with anyone else/setup stations for people to preview games

• Like (+1) 1

Should the first shot fired from an Assault Rifle fly perfectly straight with unlimited range?  Essentially, should an AR be able to descope a long range sniper by pinging him with the accurate first bullet before bloom kicks in?  

• Like (+1) 1

Combining the Assault Rifle and the Railgun 

RT automatically fires bullets that kill in 13 shots (1.6 seconds).  After the fourth consecutive shot, the small reticle begins to rapidly expand, increasing the spread of subsequent shots.  X reloads the 40 round magazine.  

Once alternate fire ammo has been picked up off the map, LT charges then fires the weapon’s integrated Railgun, killing infantry in 1 direct hit and dealing moderate damage to vehicles.  The maximum ammo capacity is 3 rounds.  

Off spawn, the AR is still the noob friendly spray and pray bullet hose we all know and love but there is a hibernating beast lurking within that stirs when Railgun Ammo is picked up from off the map.  Railgun Ammo unlocks the Assault Rifle’s alternate firemode, turning the underpowered spawn weapon into a one hit kill power weapon.  

Camo is a pick up whose functionality is modified by the AR (quick camo).  Railgun Ammo is a pick up that modifies the functionality of the AR.  Weaving higher skilled elements like securing pick ups and effectively using power weapons into a lower skilled weapon gives the AR more purpose in competitive play.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

Combining the Assault Rifle and the Railgun 

RT automatically fires bullets that kill in 13 shots (1.6 seconds).  After the fourth consecutive shot, the small reticle begins to rapidly expand, increasing the spread of subsequent shots.  X reloads the 40 round magazine.  

Once alternate fire ammo has been picked up off the map, LT charges then fires the weapon’s integrated Railgun, killing infantry in 1 direct hit and dealing moderate damage to vehicles.  The maximum ammo capacity is 3 rounds.  

Off spawn, the AR is still the noob friendly spray and pray bullet hose we all know and love but there is a hibernating beast lurking within that stirs when Railgun Ammo is picked up from off the map.  Railgun Ammo unlocks the Assault Rifle’s alternate firemode, turning the underpowered spawn weapon into a one hit kill power weapon.  

Camo is a pick up whose functionality is modified by the AR (quick camo).  Railgun Ammo is a pick up that modifies the functionality of the AR.  Weaving higher skilled elements like securing pick ups and effectively using power weapons into a lower skilled weapon gives the AR more purpose in competitive play.  

I'd change it from a railgun to an underslung grenade launcher. It'd free up room for a railgun in the sandbox, and it'd reduce the need for the AR to have a scope. 

TTK on the AR's fine, but what is that RoF lol

In all honesty I think Halo could make an amazing BR mode, but they need to get a good working Halo out the door first.

5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I'd change it from a railgun to an underslung grenade launcher. It'd free up room for a railgun in the sandbox, and it'd reduce the need for the AR to have a scope. 

All else being equal, an instant fire grenade launcher is more powerful than a charge then fire railgun.  I would prefer an instant fire grenade launcher for large scale vehicular battles but the charge time of the railgun seems better balanced as an arena pick up.  Ideally, the AR’s alternate fire would be both a soft anti vehicle weapon in BTB as well as a semi power weapon in Arena.  

5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

TTK on the AR's fine, but what is that RoF lol

You think 450 rpm is too low?