CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

No.

Though I wouldn't mind 2-Plot Extraction coming back, looked fun from what I can tell.

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I'll be honest, the sheer prevalence of weapon inspection annoys me. Like, I like guns as much as the next American, but does every shooter need it? 

You know what would be better? Instead of weapon inspection, how about weapon tricks? Like hit down on the dpad and the play spins the AR on their finger like fuckin Magic Johnson. Silly shit that only exists just to buck the trend.

A cool thing would to have stuff like that as a customization feature. 

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Just let me melee cancel and YY in Infinite. I can boot up Midship and just BYY and YY around the map for hours. 

343i pls

The problem is that stuff was just basic glitches by the player. If 343 adds something that straight up cancels an animation, it beats the point of that animation existing or the time it takes to start firing. 

On 3/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, ChieftaiNZ said:

We saw gameplay for a new Half Life game before we saw gameplay for Halo Infinite. You wouldn't believe it if I said that would happen 4 years ago. 

Not really that surprising. Since it was over 10 years since the last half life, right? And Valve rarely ever makes things now.
Essentially meaning a trailer/gameplay for one of their projects is something to expect to drop sooner, compared to a company that released a game 3-4 years ago. 

Also, to many VR isn’t really a game, or has much “gameplay”. But thats talk for another day lel.

But, for the memes sake, even Half Life came out of retirement. Oof.

The Artifact is an item that allows the user to activate up to three scripted map events.  One map has an Artifact pick up that allows the user to change the direction of gravity’s pull.  LB rotates the map 90 degrees to the left and RB rotates the map 90 degrees to the right.  

In its default state, the map is wider than it is tall.  While rotated, the map is taller than it is wide.  Depending on which direction the map is rotated, the routes to the top are different.  A teleporter that moved players from the left side of the map to the right now moves players from the bottom to the top. 

9 hours ago, Boyo said:

The Artifact is an item that allows the user to activate up to three scripted map events.  One map has an Artifact pick up that allows the user to change the direction of gravity’s pull.  LB rotates the map 90 degrees to the left and RB rotates the map 90 degrees to the right.  

In its default state, the map is wider than it is tall.  While rotated, the map is taller than it is wide.  Depending on which direction the map is rotated, the routes to the top are different.  A teleporter that moved players from the left side of the map to the right now moves players from the bottom to the top. 

Dude you need to make your own game 

1 minute ago, RVG E Nomini said:

fixed...

source.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, Shekkles said:

That sounds not real whatsoever. 

Yunno at this point I'd take it as the only excuse for how long actual footage has taken, fake or not. New headcanon.

We don't need game modes like Strongholds and Extraction or any other king/bomb mashup. Just bring the basic stuff like slayer, CTF (no flagnum, no spotting), king, oddball, race and maybe a couple of others, then try to create some actual *new* gametypes alongside them. Not that that's easy, I have a hell of a time coming up with anything that can't be called a ball riff or king riff, but that's where the energy should go.

10 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

We don't need game modes like Strongholds and Extraction or any other king/bomb mashup. Just bring the basic stuff like slayer, CTF (no flagnum, no spotting), king, oddball, race and maybe a couple of others, then try to create some actual *new* gametypes alongside them. Not that that's easy, I have a hell of a time coming up with anything that can't be called a ball riff or king riff, but that's where the energy should go.

I'd prefer refining ideas with potential over adding new ones that are half-baked. That said, I'm really expecting Ball, King, and Bomb on release.

I'm also hoping that if they try an elimination mode again it follows the ideas Extermination rather than Breakout.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd take strongholds over slayer 10 out of 10 times, It also scales well for higher player counts in BTB imo.

35 minutes ago, Mow said:

I'd take strongholds over slayer 10 out of 10 times, It also scales well for higher player counts in BTB imo.

BTB Slayer is so fucking boring and should just not exist.

• Like (+1) 3

Strongholds should replace Slayer in the 4v4 competitive playlist, and the latter should make its home in a 2v2 competitive playlist.

Outside of Ranked, it should be a gamemode you can select with 343's Composer.

• Fire (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Where 4v4 arena has Hill, 6v6 squad has 3 Plots (or dominion or strongholds).  Where arena has 2 flag CTF on symmetric maps, squad has 1 flag CTF on asymmetric maps.  

Ricochet doesn’t really work on 4v4 arena maps.  Squad maps are a bit bigger with a few more players but not so big that they have heavy vehicles on them.  This is the sweet spot for a gametype like Ricochet.  

Similarly, 6v6 is the ideal player count for one sided objective gametypes like 1 flag.  The experience includes aspects like Warthog flag runs and locking down routes with a Ghost but players don’t have to deal with getting spawn trapped by a Scorpion.  The vehicle paths for Ghosts and Warthogs can be more tightly woven into a map.  Naturally, this creates more opportunities for interplay between infantry and vehicles because they are both operating in the same spaces (the opposite of a Scorpion sitting in an open field).  

It’s not about inventing new gametypes so much as effectively deploying existing gametypes.  

Speaking of riffs on existing gametypes, what do you think of Juggernaut where the Juggernaut is a Brute Chieftain with a fixed set of weapons and abilities? 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Not to mention objective gametypes offer players a chance to 'win' without being proficient at getting kills, if anything Slayer being the premier gametype turns newer players away from the franchise when the only way to find success/have fun is through kills alone. Ideally we would have Forge and a server browser at launch for all new Halo games so that even if you get bored of matchmaking you have the infinite possibilities that custom games offer up, which in turn keeps people on the game instead of playing something else, but 343 have still not yet achieved this. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Slayer is boring in general when competent players are against one another. In halo I’m sorry but slayer sucks for 4s+

The Tele Link is a pick up that can instantly transport the user to up to three locations.  On the Pit, it is located in Sword room.  LB teleports the user to blue mauler, RB to red mauler, and LB+RB to sword room. 

I have no issue with btb Slayer but I will say that ctf on sandtrap with the bases on the elephants is one of the greatest halo experiences I've ever had. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I have no issue with btb Slayer but I will say that ctf on sandtrap with the bases on the elephants is one of the greatest halo experiences I've ever had. 

Man that vehicle or the mammoth should be in halo 6. That vehicle was so fun for some strange reason 

The core mechanics of competitive Infinite need to be solid from the start and be able to remain relatively stable for the next 5-10 years. If not, it is doomed to fail just like the previous 3 games in the series from a competitive aspect. The gametypes don't matter much if the core game isn't fun to play on a competitive level.

It is pretty clear to me after H5 that Competitive settings should have 0.00% to do with the campaign or casual multiplayer settings. At the very least those settings should have no bearing on how to construct a competitive Halo. 

I expect 343 will be very deliberate in showing off "Competitive Halo" as its own part of Infinite. Most people on this forum will probably know about 10 minutes after it's revealed whether it will have any legs beyond its initial corporate push for marketing purposes (i.e. H5). 

• Like (+1) 1

BTB King is surprisingly fun

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

BTB needs to be bigger and become a proper vehicle sandbox. Bump that shit up to 20 vs 20 and let us fuck around with more vehicles. Seriously, how has the vehicle sandbox remained almost exactly the same as it was 17 years ago?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

BTB needs to be bigger and become a proper vehicle sandbox. Bump that shit up to 20 vs 20 and let us fuck around with more vehicles. Seriously, how has the vehicle sandbox remained almost exactly the same as it was 17 years ago?

Because of the engine. The engine didn’t allow such things I’d imagine. So far a new and improved game engine gives me hope for many things in halo. 

The Artifact is a pick up that allows the user to activate up to three scripted map events.  On Lockout, it is located in green.  LB disables top mid’s glass barrier.  RB activates a jump pad under glass.  LB+RB opens a portal from back green to library (in the corner by the entrance to top mid).  

In addition to existing routes, a team coming out of bottom lift can jump pad to S3, jump pad to BR3, or portal to library if they secure this pick up.  If your team has been forced to bottom spawns, it may be best to wait a few seconds for this pick up to spawn then launch a coordinated counter attack.  

On the other hand, if you’ve been forced to bottom spawns and the enemy also has the Artifact then they can harass you by firing down through open glass or by popping into green from library portal to potshot/nade you bottom lift.