CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

15 hours ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Pretty sure 343 said they would have a beta but idr when they said it would be.

They’re doing flights but we’ve no idea when. My guessing 343 plans on starting flights after they reveal gameplay at e3. I’m also guessing all we will get at e3 is 4-5 minutes of campaign gameplay, but it’ll still be something to look forward too.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:59 PM, Arlong said:

They’re doing flights but we’ve no idea when. My guessing 343 plans on starting flights after they reveal gameplay at e3. I’m also guessing all we will get at e3 is 4-5 minutes of campaign gameplay, but it’ll still be something to look forward too.

Better than nothing.

Even if they should be able to show off way more, since by e3 it’ll  be less than 6 months till launch.

Promethean Base Traits in Invasion 

Button Layout 

RT - Fire

LT - Scope, Alternate Fire

RB - Throw grenade 

LB - Jump 

A - Armor Ability 1 

B - Armor Ability 2 

X - Reload 

Y - Switch weapons 

L3 - Crouch 

R3 - Melee 

Up - Cycle grenades 

Armor Abilities

Teleport and Televate are activated with the A and B buttons.  Like Thrust, Teleport moves the user a short distance in one of eight horizontal directions but unlike Thrust, it does so instantaneously.  Televate teleports the user upward a short distance.  

Aerial Enhancement 

While airborne, the jump button (LB) activates Glider.  This movement enhancer gives the user greater control and maneuverability while airborne.  Gliding slows the user’s descent speed and increases his forward movement speed.  

Transformer 

While grounded, the crouch button (L3) activates Sphere, shrinking and transforming the player model into a ball that can roll around and jump but not attack.  Spheres can access paths and utilize various movement options that bipeds cannot.  

Melee Weapon 

Lightblade is activated with the melee button (R3).  Striking a player with this melee weapon instantly begins the user’s shield recharge.  

Grenade 

Conduit is activated with the throw grenade button (RB).  Rather than throwing an explosive projectile, the player fires a short range, short duration beam from his left hand.  The beam transfers the energy shields of an impacted player to the user at a rate of 1% every 0.005 seconds for a duration of 0.4 seconds.  The user’s energy shields can charge into overshield layers but they naturally decay over time.  

Fusion coils can be drained of their energy, rendering them inert.  Shield barriers can be drained of their energy, disabling them and unlocking access to a previously blocked path.  Bubble Shields and Hardlight shields are instantly disabled on impact.  

Invasion Base Traits as Arena Pick Ups 

Similar to Jetpack on the Jumper Jumper button layout, Glider can act as a pick up in arena that enhances aerial movement without allowing the user to snipe from top bubudubu.  Conduit is a grenade type, allowing it to be placed as a pick up on arena maps as well.  Since Lightblade enhances the player’s standard melee attack, it does not require any additional buttons to operate.  It is an arena pick up that upgrades an existing base trait. 

4 hours ago, Ember Celica said:

Better than nothing.

Even if they should be able to show off way more, since by e3 it’ll  be less than 6 months till launch.

It’s not the fact that should be able too, but I’d imagine they won’t want too. 343 has this attitude of keeping its fans in the dark right now, since they think they’ll be able to show off something that will really please halos fan base. Maybe they’ll show off more, I sure hope so, but 343 probably will deliberately not show off much. But since Xbox series x is a console M$ wants to advertise and since halo infinite is a launch title they’ll probably do just that. 

12 hours ago, Ember Celica said:

Better than nothing.

At that point it sounds more like a stress test rather than actually asking the community for feedback. Any meaningful changes that could be made to the gameplay probably won't happen until post launch.

• Like (+1) 1

Weapon Dropping 

Pressing the Y button immediately switches weapons.  Continuing to hold Y for a second after the weapons have switched causes the user to drop the newly equipped weapon.  This way, players can continue to quickly and repeatedly switch weapons without accidentally triggering a drop.  Switching weapons being a prerequisite to dropping a weapon prevents a player from dropping his only weapon. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dropping weapons being a mechanic would definitely make machinima easier. Remember when you had to do stupid bullshit to get your guy to not have a gun? And then the pose would be like a shitty judo stance? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

Weapon Dropping 

Pressing the Y button immediately switches weapons.  Continuing to hold Y for a second after the weapons have switched causes the user to drop the newly equipped weapon.  This way, players can continue to quickly and repeatedly switch weapons without accidentally triggering a drop.  Switching weapons being a prerequisite to dropping a weapon prevents a player from dropping his only weapon. 

Alternatively, holding X (Reload/Use) with a full mag buffers a prompt similar to picking up a weapon. Pressing Y (Swap Weapon) while this prompt is active drops your current weapon.

Removes any muddiness with sharing the Y button and allows you to drop a weapon within 1-2 seconds without needing an on-map pickup.

Dpad down: Inspect weapon. Dpad down twice: Drop weapon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

50 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Alternatively, holding X (Reload/Use) with a full mag buffers a prompt similar to picking up a weapon. Pressing Y (Swap Weapon) while this prompt is active drops your current weapon.

Removes any muddiness with sharing the Y button and allows you to drop a weapon within 1-2 seconds without needing an on-map pickup.

Holding X already has so many functions mapped to it (activate switch, pick up weapon, enter vehicle).  I think that configuration would trigger a lot of false positives.  Holding Y has no existing functions already mapped to it so there would be less false positives.  In addition, the requirement that a weapon switch actually occur before a weapon can be dropped prevents players from dropping their only weapon.  We all agree that players should not be able to disarm themselves, correct?

Double tap and hold Y to drop your equipped weapon is about as seamless as it can get.  Y-Yeeee.  Bye-byeeee.  

We saw gameplay for a new Half Life game before we saw gameplay for Halo Infinite. You wouldn't believe it if I said that would happen 4 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

We saw gameplay for a new Half Life game before we saw gameplay for Halo Infinite. You wouldn't believe it if I said that would happen 4 years ago. 

You could have told me that 6 months ago and I wouldn't have believed you.

If I had to venture a guess as to why we haven't seen anything it would be due to that we haven't seen any gameplay from any titles on the XSX. They are probably holding all of the gameplay trailers back for E3.

45 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Idk I mean it sounds dumb but it also sounds like something that would happen with Halo. They're better than GoT for subverting expectations

I guess it being a launch title for the next gen does make sense. M$ wants to show off the new console, and whatever comes with it as well. You could say one reason the Xbox one didn’t outsell ps4 like 360 outsold ps3 was partly due to its lack of games. Now in 360 didn’t release with halo, but it definitely was more appealing regarding its price and amazing controller(ps3 really sucked regarding that).

xbox one x series is launching with a game that holds a heavy title, and is one of the best marketing moves ever. Many have PCS, but I bet you most don’t have PCs like mine or yours that’ll be busting the game at 144fps plus. Showing off gameplay for the first time on the new console at 144fps(least I hope they show off FPS of that Caliber since the current Xbox x is capable of 120  and this console is superior to that one. In fact they even did a power scaling and it’s like fusing two of them together but that might just be in process speed than GPU differences).

What I would like is a full show casing of multiplayer gameplay with their pro team on stage playing a full 4v4 match. That would get people excited since not only are people seeing gameplay of the newest halo, they’re seeing how it’s played by competent gamers than the typical IGN player who plays like a little kid picking up a controller for the first time. it doesn’t need to be even competitive settings just something for us. 

I like many here want this game to take off. I pray that if we see sprint and abilities it doesn’t completely turn you off from the game. Sure I know it’s gonna leave a sour taste, but sour candy is good at times. 

I just wanna see some gameplay maaan. The fact that we've waited nearly five years and seen nothing substantial is actually kinda crazy. Then there's the fact that we'll probably see something at E3 only, which is 4 months away from release, and at that point everything is basically set in stone.

Wasn't Project A only announced a few months ago and yet we have already seen gameplay of it and it has 100x the hype of Infinite? 

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Wasn't Project A only announced a few months ago and yet we have already seen gameplay of it and it has 100x the hype of Infinite? 

Tbh it wasn’t the gameplay that excited people, but it was all the promising features to come with it.

If you could, what would you all opt to change with Strongholds? Hold off on the "replace it with KotH hahaHAHA" responses for just a second and level with me here. I've been tweaking and testing some things (faster capture time, shorter scoring frequency, removing capture progress stacking, increased score limit), though I always end up reverting back to vanilla settings. For what it's worth, should anything be looked into or are the current settings golden?

Vanilla settings for reference:

• Score to Win = 100 points

• Time to Capture = 10 seconds

• Scoring Frequency = 1 point every 3 seconds

• Progress Stacking = On (the more teammates in the plot, the shorter the capture time)

I think we can all agree needing two bases to score is a good rule so I'm leaving that out.

@HeX Reapers, the only thing I’ve wanted to change is adding a “contested hill” mechanic that halts scoring if a stronghold has an enemy in it. That’s the only thing standing in the way of having zero mathematical eliminations. It would make endgame scenarios much more tense, and make games last a little longer (which in SH’s case is good imo).

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

@HeX Reapers, the only thing I’ve wanted to change is adding a “contested hill” mechanic that halts scoring if a stronghold has an enemy in it. That’s the only thing standing in the way of having zero mathematical eliminations. It would make endgame scenarios much more tense, and make games last a little longer (which in SH’s case is good imo).

I like that idea, tbh. We’d see games where one team that has 97 points will win since unless you have 4 teammates in a hill you can’t capture it in time. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2020 at 6:19 PM, Basu said:

Dpad down: Inspect weapon. Dpad down twice: Drop weapon.

I'll be honest, the sheer prevalence of weapon inspection annoys me. Like, I like guns as much as the next American, but does every shooter need it? 

You know what would be better? Instead of weapon inspection, how about weapon tricks? Like hit down on the dpad and the play spins the AR on their finger like fuckin Magic Johnson. Silly shit that only exists just to buck the trend.

• Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I'll be honest, the sheer prevalence of weapon inspection annoys me. Like, I like guns as much as the next American, but does every shooter need it? 

You know what would be better? Instead of weapon inspection, how about weapon tricks? Like hit down on the dpad and the play spins the AR on their finger like fuckin Magic Johnson. Silly shit that only exists just to buck the trend.

We already have inspect animations, but you have to be afk for 45s to trigger them. If there are skins, inspect animations usually make sense. Tricks sound fun though.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Basu said:

We already have inspect animations, but you have to be afk for 45s to trigger them. If there are skins, inspect animations usually make sense. Tricks sound fun though.

I guess that's true. I also totally forgot about skins but that's because I usually never apply them.

Just let me melee cancel and YY in Infinite. I can boot up Midship and just BYY and YY around the map for hours. 

343i pls

Hear me out here...

A cross between Strongholds and Roaming King.

Two zones that continually travel back and forth, towards each other and away from each other, on symmetrical maps. The carnage ebbs and flows in tandem with the zones' proximities to each other. Maybe the two zones could interlock in the middle for several seconds each time they meet and give potential for a team to score big if they can plant all four players inside.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1