CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 hours ago, Basu said:

I knew it was fake when I read 60 GB. H5 is already 110 or something, how is the "most ambitious Halo game" smaller than that? I'm totally buying Theater getting delayed and playing as Locke again (which no one asked for) though.

60 GB must be before the day 1 patch of another 60 GB

• Like (+1) 1

In all seriousness it doesn’t sound good hat infinite would launch as a 60 GB DL, unless they compressed the files. 

Hoping to god that 343i don't take inspiration from MCC when designing the layout of the playlists. People shouldn't be seeing the team heavies playlist before they see a single ranked playlist, and ranked playlists shouldn't have intimidating names like "hardcore" attached to them whilst not having any party matching. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Here's a supposed 'leak'.

unknown.png

I don't buy it. 

>Classic and New movement + Forge

Leak is fake as hell lmao

the most fake part is three seperate campaign characters. 343 knows locke was a fail no one wants to play as anyone other then chief 

36 minutes ago, boogerman said:

no one wants to play as anyone other then chief 

I think a lot of people enjoyed playing as the Arbiter from Halo 2. But overall I do agree nobody wants to play as Locke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Hoping to god that 343i don't take inspiration from MCC when designing the layout of the playlists. People shouldn't be seeing the team heavies playlist before they see a single ranked playlist, and ranked playlists shouldn't have intimidating names like "hardcore" attached to them whilst not having any party matching. 

There honestly should be only 2 ranked playlist too. Team arena(the tourney settings) and doubles. Then people would be satisfied. Part of the thing that discouraged people from ranked was there’s so many playlist. In most games there’s legit only “1” playlist. In reach case well pc ranked was killed by controllers. 

I wholeheartedly feel that there should be a ranked BTB playlist and that's a hill I'm prepared to die on.

10 minutes ago, Hully said:

I wholeheartedly feel that there should be a ranked BTB playlist and that's a hill I'm prepared to die on.

What do you think the ideal player count for BTB is?

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think the ideal player count for BTB is?

I mean I have no issues with 8v8.

11 minutes ago, Hully said:

I mean I have no issues with 8v8.

Is there any rhyme or reason to why 8v8 is ideal?  Why not 7v7 or 9v9?  

Personally, I think BTB should be dissolved and replaced with 6v6 Squad Battle and 9v9 Invasion.  6v6 maps can still be arena-esque while 9v9 maps would contain the necessary pathing and playspaces for heavy ground vehicles and multiple aerial vehicles.  

I feel like BTB has yet to truly capture the grand scale and awesomeness that Halo battles can offer.  

I personally tend to enjoy the arena esque BTB experience more, but I don't know if removing two players per team would really make that more accessible. Nor do I think adding one player per team and making maps more "grand" would either. 8v8 offers a good mix of tighter arena BTB and also larger vehicle heavy games. Both of which I enjoy. Maybe ranked BTB could be a more traditional Halo arena experience, and casual could focus more on heavies or whatever. Think Halo 3 Sandbox VS Halo 3 Sandtrap. 

All I know is ranked BTB is awesome and I'd love to see it return to the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hully said:

I personally tend to enjoy the arena esque BTB experience more, but I don't know if removing two players per team would really make that more accessible. Nor do I think adding one player per team and making maps more "grand" would either. 8v8 offers a good mix of tighter arena BTB and also larger vehicle heavy games. Both of which I enjoy. Maybe ranked BTB could be a more traditional Halo arena experience, and casual could focus more on heavies or whatever. Think Halo 3 Sandbox VS Halo 3 Sandtrap. 

All I know is ranked BTB is awesome and I'd love to see it return to the franchise.

I whole heartedly agree, but the reason 343 splits them is match finding. In halo 5 when BTB was brought to the game, it started out in ranked(idk if you know or remember) and it was quite enjoyable. But many people complained that things were just too “sweaty” for their liking. I feel if they have two of the same playlist this would just you know cause problems, like finding matches. I think 343 needs to do something that incentives people to play RANKED. People hate ranked because of its sweaty nature but fail to see this is one of the best ways to get what they want that social 8/10 times fails to provide, a “balanced match”. Here’s several methods I have off the table. Play certain amount or win X matches in RANKED to get a skin for X gun or armor(helmet, chest etc whatever). Double RP points or XP points. Let’s say a social slayer game “win” gives you 5K xp, well a ranked game gives you 10k. For some reason halo has always given more XP for playing social(BTB, infection, grifball you name it) but the ranked players are the ones who deserve to be rewarded. Ranked should have partial party matching(I think this works better than full) . If 343 were to do this, I promise you people would play ranked a whole lot more. Now that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t reward people for playing social with skins and armors since obviously people would be mad about that at 343 catering to Sweaties like us. But if they had a decent amount of skins Locked behind ranked only wins and double xp hot damn people be playing ranked more than ever. Also imagine on double XP weekends now you’re getting 20K per win. And 10k per loss. 

deep down casual players hate playing against those of us who’re really good at the game, especially in social. They often tell us to go play ranked. lol we would if it didn’t take 10+ minutes to find a match. This would prevent them from playing against us, since division ranking does a decent job of putting people where they belong. 

The majority of tournament gametypes are 4v4 objective.  Shouldn’t Team Objective be the sweaty playlist, at least until a tournament playlist comes out?  

• Thonking (+0) 1

24 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The majority of tournament gametypes are 4v4 objective.  Shouldn’t Team Objective be the sweaty playlist, at least until a tournament playlist comes out?  

The game should launch with a tournament playlist.

@Hully, I'm working on getting 8v8 Mayhem for H2 (and later H3). Last year we got it into H1 a couple months after playtesting it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The game should launch with a tournament playlist.

That means 343 would decide the tournament settings.  There’s no point in letting players get used to radar and ARs.  I would rather delay it until some other tournament authority releases their own settings.  

50 minutes ago, Boyo said:

That be a good idea but mlg,hcs whatever has always had slayer so I think team arena is a smarter gig

19 minutes ago, Boyo said:

That means 343 would decide the tournament settings.  There’s no point in letting players get used to radar and ARs.  I would rather delay it until some other tournament authority releases their own settings.  

Who's to say they can't bring Adam and the gang in early, or give them early access copies of the game to test in their offices and have a rough draft ready for launch day? They are the official partner with the HCS. This is perfectly reasonable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Who's to say they can't bring Adam and the gang in early, or give them early access copies of the game to test in their offices and have a rough draft ready for launch day? They are the official partner with the HCS. This is perfectly reasonable.

This would not be hard to do. You could eyeball most of the really wrong stuff with H5 that also took more than a year to fix. Someone was definitely blocking change over there since you didn't even have to actually play the game to see a lot of it you only had to play to confirm your fears

For example we had a weapon balancing thread on this website (before the game even released) where myself and others were discussing the AR being a spawn weapon that was also powerful and I pointed out that if it were strong enough you would simply use it because it was easier and thus more consistent for closer encounters than trying to land the perfect 5. Afterward there was some discussion about if making that conscious decision was a worthwhile skill to replace actually being able to aim. I didn't think it was and it took 2? years of professional crouching AR gameplay and a dude being hired to drop stats like bombs on 343 for them to realize good players were only marginally better than bad players at using an AR and that there was no distinctive difference between competent players and thus finally they stopped putting it into competitive settings. Its insane what had to happen to H5 to get its shit together. Random guys on a forum that just play Halo knew what was coming years before they could come to conclusions despite working on the game as their primary profession. Hopefully whoever was standing in the way of logical changes won't be around for Infinite because they were wilding out for the entirety of H5

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn’t the reason halo comp didn’t have autos was because they were too easy to begin with? I mean let’s look at h3. The autos aren’t weak, in fact the melee combo with them made them even stronger! Even in no radar settings I bet you people be doing that a lot. 

Anyone else anxious that we know almost nothing about the game play for Halo Infinite yet? and probably won't know anything until E3 2020. Idk how to feel about it ngl, should I be concerned or hyped?

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Yes the problem post CE, even somewhat in H2, was that autos were simply too easy to use so anytime their output started to create a similar kill time to that of perfect precision weapon kills the smart player just swapped to that weapon and made the high percentage play even if it was brain dead gameplay. The real problem occurs when two of those people meet and now they're just spraying autos and the outcome is nearly always a trade or slightly random without much room for outplaying anyone. That concept can be carried over into any game anywhere. Ease of use and efficiency can't come together unless you want people to always make that choice

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Anyone else anxious that we know almost nothing about the game play for Halo Infinite yet? and probably won't know anything until E3 2020. Idk how to feel about it ngl, should I be concerned or hyped?

Aren’t they suppose to have a beta too? 

3 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Aren’t they suppose to have a beta too? 

Pretty sure 343 said they would have a beta but idr when they said it would be.

7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

the outcome is nearly always a trade... without much room for outplaying anyone.

Watching the Reach tournament reminded me of how long the trade window was.  The kill should go to the player who meleed first or use Halo 3’s system of deciding who dies from a mutual melee by who has more shields/health.   

• WutFace (+0) 1