CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

For the same reasons people still read books and watch movies; for the story.

*Looks at 40+ completions of ME1*

Hah, yeah, me too....

I never played Mass Effect, but isn't that game like twenty hours long? You've beaten it more than forty times?

I'm not judging, I'm happy you enjoy it that much. But I always heard Mass Effect 1 was the hardest to go back to due to some antiquated menuing and scanning planets being a chore.

I never played Mass Effect, but isn't that game like twenty hours long? You've beaten it more than forty times?

I'm not judging, I'm happy you enjoy it that much. But I always heard Mass Effect 1 was the hardest to go back to due to some antiquated menuing and scanning planets being a chore.

The core game can be rushed through in like 10-ish hours with a high ranking character. That's the vast majority of the playthroughs.

ME1 will always be the best of the series to me due to the quality of it's writing. ME2 was the planet scanner one.

It's also been three years since H5 dropped. 

Well maybe Halo: Infinite doesn't have sprint so they have to take it slow.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Okay, so what year do you guys think they'll release the game?

I'm thinking 75%-2019, 25%-2020.

More like the other way around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, so what year do you guys think they'll release the game?

I'm thinking 75%-2019, 25%-2020.

I'm thinking more like 10%-2019, 90%-2020.

A more interesting question would be: when are we going to get the first "test flight"? My guess would be around this time next year with first gameplay beeing shown at the next e3 but who knows...maybe they will wait for early 2020.

I think we honestly don't know enough to give it a release date without a bunch of maybes. If they were really candid and just told us they don't have anything other than the engine I would put money on 2020. They didn't really say that though. If you remember Halo 3 was officially announced with an in-engine trailer as well at E3 2006 and was released in September of 2007. So I wouldn't get too pessimistic about it yet without further reason to believe they're behind or just don't have anything. I do think the 2006 H3 trailer displayed a lot of work done in hindsight though. Much like Halo 3 and the 2007 E3 gameplay trailer I expect 2019 E3 gameplay trailers for Infinite. If that date slides they're probably behind. They might even try for a spring 2020 release so rather than years we're talking about +/- ~4 months from the start of 2020. We just don't know anything really

2020 at the earliest. No chance in hell it comes out in 2019, we didn't even see gameplay at E3 2018. 

I think it'll be a launch next gen Xbox game, even though it'll come out for the X1 as well. 

343 have said multiple times that it will be “a while” before we even get more info on the game. I’d bet 2020.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2020 at the earliest. No chance in hell it comes out in 2019, we didn't even see gameplay at E3 2018. 

I think it'll be a launch next gen Xbox game, even though it'll come out for the X1 as well. 

You're ignoring that you didn't see gameplay for H3 at the 06 E3 either though. Their actual gameplay reveal was 2007. The earliest I can find any sort of gameplay is this 

You're ignoring that you didn't see gameplay for H3 at the 06 E3 either though. Their gameplay reveal was 2007

Yeah, but it also announced a release date at the end of the E3 2006 trailer.

Y'all ever just have a random moment during the day and realise 3 years into a dying franchises AAA game all we got was a 2 minute tech demo of an engine?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't wait for them to reveal H6 gameplay and see the twitch chat go from excitement to disappointment in .0000001 seconds, just like when they revealed the H5 gameplay. That moment is burned in my memory.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't wait for them to reveal H6 gameplay and see the twitch chat go from excitement to disappointment in .0000001 seconds, just like when they revealed the H5 gameplay. That moment is burned in my memory.

I think its pretty important to be brutally honest with reactions to the gameplay we see with H6. That doesn't mean being rude or whatever intentionally but if I see another game with "enhanced" mobility I'm calling it trash right there in relation to what I want from Halo. I've given them the benefit of the doubt until I can play the game in Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5. I have no reason to believe in that vision or their ability to make it fun in the context of what I really want out of a Halo game. That isn't saying I wouldn't be willing to give feedback and explain why I don't like certain things once I can experience them. Maybe the game would be fun for a few weeks on its own with their more "modern" Halo approach. That just isn't what I want from them though

• Upvote (+1) 2

dang its been 3 years since i posted on these forums. im 23 and going to med school. realized halo will never die because of fans like yall. praying 343 delivers a solid, complete release for all of us. things i want:

- split screen

-a competitive, no bs game

-cool customization

-a good campaign

dang its been 3 years since i posted on these forums. im 23 and going to med school. realized halo will never die because of fans like yall. praying 343 delivers a solid, complete release for all of us. things i want:

- split screen

-a competitive, no bs game

-cool customization

-a good campaign

"Fans like yall."

V9r2PaZ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think its pretty important to be brutally honest with reactions to the gameplay we see with H6. That doesn't mean being rude or whatever intentionally but if I see another game with "enhanced" mobility I'm calling it trash right there in relation to what I want from Halo. I've given them the benefit of the doubt until I can play the game in Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5. I have no reason to believe in that vision or their ability to make it fun in the context of what I really want out of a Halo game. That isn't saying I wouldn't be willing to give feedback and explain why I don't like certain things once I can experience them. Maybe the game would be fun for a few weeks on its own with their more "modern" Halo approach. That just isn't what I want from them though

lol fuck that, I’m being rude immediately. I remember exactly what happened when h5 GP got shown.

“Wtf is this”, “343 fucking sucks”, “343 ruined halo” etc etc. there was a couple optimistic sentences saying try the game before you hate, but you could barely make them outside the hatred. These game devs don’t want to see the truth. That’s why they don’t look at their twitch chat, if they did their faces would have an awkward expression, or they’d be perma banning everyone who tells them to fuk off, because that’s how classic fans have felt for the past 8 damn years! Reach became good when V7 came out, but it was tied to one playlist, and 85% bloom and adjusted abilities were nice, but they didn’t TU the whole game and BK’s played OG reach over TU.

How dare anyone demand classic fans to be “respectful” when we’ve been disrespected for 8 years. We’ve been told to adapt(and yet most of us are better than these kids who did), we’ve been told to play mcc(broken since release and is just now getting fixed!), and people have the audacity to tell us to leave! Sheet someone must of lost their damn minds. The evidence is there! The people hate advanced mobility and y’all act like halos Decline is due to other games. BS again!

• Upvote (+1) 7

lol fuck that, I’m being rude immediately. I remember exactly what happened when h5 GP got shown.

“Wtf is this”, “343 fucking sucks”, “343 ruined halo” etc etc. there was a couple optimistic sentences saying try the game before you hate, but you could barely make them outside the hatred. These game devs don’t want to see the truth. That’s why they don’t look at their twitch chat, if they did their faces would have an awkward expression, or they’d be perma banning everyone who tells them to fuk off, because that’s how classic fans have felt for the past 8 damn years! Reach became good when V7 came out, but it was tied to one playlist, and 85% bloom and adjusted abilities were nice, but they didn’t TU the whole game and BK’s played OG reach over TU.

How dare anyone demand classic fans to be “respectful” when we’ve been disrespected for 8 years. We’ve been told to adapt(and yet most of us are better than these kids who did), we’ve been told to play mcc(broken since release and is just now getting fixed!), and people have the audacity to tell us to leave! Sheet someone must of lost their damn minds. The evidence is there! The people hate advanced mobility and y’all act like halos Decline is due to other games. BS again!

There's a lot of confusing the developers and random players on the internet going on here. I agree that I'm not happy with a lot of people that say stupid shit and I'm also not happy with what the developers have been shipping. I'm not ready to just lump those people all together though. I'm confident that developers can understand what we don't like and why so there isn't a real reason to just go out of my way to offend them. I can tell them the game sucks without just being a total asshole about it lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you look at the track record of launch H4->Turbo update ->Launch H5 -> Current H5, it is an encouraging trend. It’s a frustratingly low start point and an excruciatingly slow climb, but it is getting better, and that’s more than we can say for Bungie. In that respect I’m grateful they aren’t around anymore.

However, if they keep chasing trends and trying to make Halo somethingnit was never meant to be, then they are truly foolish. It’s one thing to think you can get away with it once, and maybe even provide a refined version of that vision, but it’s another to look at two failed games and ignore what makes them different from the successful trilogy. The solution is so fucking obvious to me it’s actually painful.

If the original formula is going to fail, then let’s see it actually fail. It’s NEVER had the chance to fail. All it did was win, and they fucking changed it anyways. And then, after the changes, all it does is lose. Why in the holy hell have we not gone back to what works yet?

I’d love t be wrong, but I don’t think anyone at the studio is interested in seeing if the original formula would fail in today’s market, they want to see if they can make the new formula succeed in today’s market.

This is clear when you look at the progression from H4 to 5. They focused heavily on the problems that were symptomatic of enhanced mobility, but never entertained the idea that enhanced mobility was inherently problematic.

So the end , they come up with a bunch of compromises that ended up moving the core loop further from its source material and creating new symptoms.

• Upvote (+1) 6

There's a lot of confusing the developers and random players on the internet going on here. I agree that I'm not happy with a lot of people that say stupid shit and I'm also not happy with what the developers have been shipping. I'm not ready to just lump those people all together though. I'm confident that developers can understand what we don't like and why so there isn't a real reason to just go out of my way to offend them. I can tell them the game sucks without just being a total asshole about it lol

I’ll stop being an asshole when the classic halo community gets the respect we deserve!

Let’s look at facts.

H4 was trash because it codified halo(though tbh ordinance drops were worse in halo since the meter didn’t reset after death like it does in cod) but worse so sprint provided the get out of jail free card(which reach implemented) and it pissed off majority of the community.

H5 decided to Nerf sprint, but brought along thruster pack which buffed the get out of jail free card. 343 also fucked the aiming up somehow(like what how we go through CE-4 with great aiming(ok h3 had acceleration issues but they weren’t game breaking like halo 5s) and the engine didn’t even feel smooth like at all.

One thing I’m glad about is a new engine equals better performance because modifying a 1998 engine for 2 decades is eventually going to break the damn thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Question:

What is considered a mentally demanding skill in shooters? And does Halo have any?

Question:

What is considered a mentally demanding skill in shooters? And does Halo have any?

what do you mean by mentally?

Predicting the way players will push, set up, or timing weapons and setting up for that properly.