CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 hours ago, Infinity said:

I think it would be cool if the Ball had a timer on it like KoTH hills, or an amount of time that is "exhausted", causing the ball to respawn once it's held for a certain amount of time.

The timers for Ball spawns could then be synced to different weapon spawns/cycles to mix up strategy, and there could be multiple spawn locations on the map, causing strong/weak setups, at least for asym maps.

Throwing the ball is whack though, keep that out.

I like this.

I was trying to think of something like hot potato, but where the user doesn't die. This seems to alleviate that.
My only question is what do you do if teams refuse to pick up the ball or you throw it off map. Does it just respawn as a new ball with a fresh set of time.

12 hours ago, Infinity said:

I think it would be cool if the Ball had a timer on it like KoTH hills, or an amount of time that is "exhausted", causing the ball to respawn once it's held for a certain amount of time.

The timers for Ball spawns could then be synced to different weapon spawns/cycles to mix up strategy, and there could be multiple spawn locations on the map, causing strong/weak setups, at least for asym maps.

Throwing the ball is whack though, keep that out.

This is exactly what I did with the key in my key map since it acts as a soft obj to fight over, and I love it. Just gave it an ammo limitation and then 3 spawns it cycles between in order every time its burned/exhausted. 

22 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Thoughts on Oddball throwing? No auto pick-up and can still be dropped normally of course (grenade for throw and weapon swap for drop). Only realistic issue I could think of is cross-map playing, though I'd say in most situations it would be a pretty hard angle to pull off. Given it's an easy throw I'd guess the person would be close enough to toss it the old fashioned way regardless. Making long passes is admittedly really fun and adds an extra layer of teamwork IMO. My deduction so far is that it works well on interior maps, but can be questionable on outside/bridgework maps.

I always liked the idea and appreciated when it was used as intended in a smart way.  The goal is to avoid the shit we saw in that early AGL tournament with Ninja's team on Dispatch just hucking the ball across the whole map to where their teammates were spawning. That shit was a joke, but it was enabled by throw distances that were too long, and instant respawns.  If the ball can negatively influence spawns like it should, then proper 10sec respawns would make plays like that a lot harder to pull off.

H4 Ricochet actually has a pretty reasonable throw distance, and I like the way it works in that mode. It also has a noticeable delay between hitting the button and the actual throw, which minimizes panic throws and rewards intentional plays. So if you combine good respawn times, ball/spawn influence, modest throw distance, throw delay, and segmented/interior maps, I think it could work quite well. And then just make it a toggle to be turned off for exterior maps so play-balls don't become too easy. For reference, I think a good throw distance that would still be useful and game changing would be like Base Ramp to Street Pillars on Haven, or Shotgun to Back Door on Chill Out.

17 hours ago, Infinity said:

I could get behind this with one massive condition; the timer must always be ticking down. If it only ticks down when it's being held, you'll get scenarios where it's actually detrimental to go for the ball. Anyone remember Complex KotH in launch-H4, and that hill above the garage? No one in their right mind was going for the last 5 seconds on that hill.

I especially like this idea because it makes certain maps viable for Oddball that otherwise wouldn't be. Look at Foundry from the H3 Throwback playlist, or like Pit Oddball in H4, or Ghost Town. Maps like these always end up playing the same way. The ball gets taken to the best spot (Foundry Base, Shotgun, Pipes respectively), and it stays there the whole game because there's no way to play it. The setup may or may not get broken, but the ball will not move once it gets taken there. It makes for a really one dimensional, uninteresting game. This mechanic would completely solve that, and open up a ton of new maps to play Oddball on.

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I always liked the idea and appreciated when it was used as intended in a smart way.  The goal is to avoid the shit we saw in that early AGL tournament with Ninja's team on Dispatch just hucking the ball across the whole map to where their teammates were spawning. That shit was a joke, but it was enabled by throw distances that were too long, and instant respawns.  If the ball can negatively influence spawns like it should, then proper 10sec respawns would make plays like that a lot harder to pull off.

H4 Ricochet actually has a pretty reasonable throw distance, and I like the way it works in that mode. It also has a noticeable delay between hitting the button and the actual throw, which minimizes panic throws and rewards intentional plays. So if you combine good respawn times, ball/spawn influence, modest throw distance, throw delay, and segmented/interior maps, I think it could work quite well. And then just make it a toggle to be turned off for exterior maps so play-balls don't become too easy. For reference, I think a good throw distance that would still be useful and game changing would be like Base Ramp to Street Pillars on Haven, or Shotgun to Back Door on Chill Out.

I could get behind this with one massive condition; the timer must always be ticking down. If it only ticks down when it's being held, you'll get scenarios where it's actually detrimental to go for the ball. Anyone remember Complex KotH in launch-H4, and that hill above the garage? No one in their right mind was going for the last 5 seconds on that hill.

I especially like this idea because it makes certain maps viable for Oddball that otherwise wouldn't be. Look at Foundry from the H3 Throwback playlist, or like Pit Oddball in H4, or Ghost Town. Maps like these always end up playing the same way. The ball gets taken to the best spot (Foundry Base, Shotgun, Pipes respectively), and it stays there the whole game because there's no way to play it. The setup may or may not get broken, but the ball will not move once it gets taken there. It makes for a really one dimensional, uninteresting game. This mechanic would completely solve that, and open up a ton of new maps to play Oddball on.

Anyone have vod on that oddball game. I watched live but cant find vod

16 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Anyone have vod on that oddball game. I watched live but cant find vod

I was tempted to look before I posted but laziness won out. I’m not surprised it’s hard to find.

8 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I was tempted to look before I posted but laziness won out. I’m not surprised it’s hard to find.

Their twitch is deleted and its not on agl yt so its probably dead unless someone has the vod downloaded like holmbolm 

Hey does anyone know if scuf controllers have some unique modifications? I remember on my scuf(which broke after a year feelsbaeman) the input was way better. Like my aim was just that much better, and no I’ve gotten new controllers from Xbox and they don’t have that feeling? 

just look at his aim, my aim isn’t half consistent or quick 

"Bad aiming" is sort of a blanket statement. It's more the elusive heavy aim mixed with questionable hit reg. Halo's hit reg has always sucked ass online so I will have to admit It's blown a bit out of proportion when we give H5 so much shit.

16 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Hey does anyone know if scuf controllers have some unique modifications? I remember on my scuf(which broke after a year feelsbaeman) the input was way better. Like my aim was just that much better, and no I’ve gotten new controllers from Xbox and they don’t have that feeling?  

They have different thumbsticks available, not sure how they differ from a stock xbox controller.

I feel like my aim is pretty bad when I hop back on Halo when I haven't been on for a very long time. Sometimes it just takes time to get back how your aim use to be.

14 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

"Bad aiming" is sort of a blanket statement. It's more the elusive heavy aim mixed with questionable hit reg. Halo's hit reg has always sucked ass online so I will have to admit It's blown a bit out of proportion when we give H5 so much shit.

I can stay away from halo 1-3 and my aim still feels smooth and responsive. But in h5, it’s different. It doesn’t feel as good. 

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I can stay away from halo 1-3 and my aim still feels smooth and responsive. But in h5, it’s different. It doesn’t feel as good. 

"Feeling good" is sort of a blanket statement. It's more the elusive heavy aim mixed with questionable hit reg. Halo's hit reg has always sucked ass online so I will have to admit It's blown a bit out of proportion when we give H5 so much shit.

41 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Scufs are essentially basic Xbox controllers with some modded buttons and thumbstick customization, lol. There's essentially nothing different internally. You're headcasing. As I said in the other thread, we'd have to know what you're playing on to have any idea. If you have fucked deadzones, you could be gimping yourself and giving yourself delay. If you play normal sense settings, you could just not be good, and overestimating. You could be overshooting on a high sense, high accel. Undershooting on low sense, low accel. 

23 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Scufs are essentially basic Xbox controllers with some modded buttons and thumbstick customization, lol. There's essentially nothing different internally. You're headcasing. As I said in the other thread, we'd have to know what you're playing on to have any idea. If you have fucked deadzones, you could be gimping yourself and giving yourself delay. If you play normal sense settings, you could just not be good, and overestimating. You could be overshooting on a high sense, high accel. Undershooting on low sense, low accel. 

2/3 5 accel 0 dead

20 minutes ago, Arlong said:

2/3 5 accel 0 dead

Wow that's a jank ass sens. I recommend 4 sens 2 accel. Or 3 sens any accel. 1/5/5 works well too. Or if you want fast 3/3/2. Dont know why you're playing some weird combo if you're struggling with the aiming lol. 

51 minutes ago, Arlong said:

2/3 5 accel 0 dead

That'd be your problem. Go with what Beast said. I dunno if you're accustomed to high senses, but I play 4/4/2 on the extreme end of the spectrum and laser. It's all based on playstyle. But your slightly slower horiz is whacked out, regardless. Probably making you windmill a fuckload, and making you overshoot a lot when turning with that high-ass accel. You'd really only want 5 accel if you're playing 1, lmao. Maybe 2/3 if you bumped your horiz up with it. Glad you don't deadzone it up, though, lol. Least you're not actually fucking yourself, for no reason.

The Anti Vehicle Assault Rifle 

RT automatically fires bullets.  By default, LT does nothing.  Rounds for the AR’s underbarrel grenade launcher can be picked up off the map then fired with LT.  In arena games, these ammo pick ups could be nonexistent or treated like a power weapon.  In larger scale vehicular game modes, these anti vehicle rounds could spawn in a team’s base to provide them with some ability to combat enemy vehicles off spawn.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, HeX Reapers said:

So many things would have to align by chance to allow for something like that to occur. Sightlines, accurately throwing, respawn timing, spawn prediction, and time between the attacking team engaging the carrier. At that point I'd commend the carrier for such a play.

Is it really that great of a play? If I'm getting attacked with no teammates near me I'm just launching the thing as far as I can. Or hell even off the map

• Like (+1) 1

The Spiked Assault Wheel (SAW) is an armor ability that gives the user remote control of a vehicle designed to splatter.  

The SAW is a large spiked wheel that always rolls forward, killing whatever players it rolls over or vehicles it boosts through.  The spiked outer rim is impervious to damage, only the broad sides of the wheel are vulnerable.  Gravity Bumpers are continuously emitted from the broad sides of the wheel.  These can push and flip players, objects, or vehicles that pass too closely by but they also limit the wheel’s turn radius.  

The wheel can be deployed with either LB or RB.  LB deploys the vehicle while remaining in first person player view.  RB transfers the user into third person vehicle view upon deployment (holding X returns to player view).  

Once deployed, LB turns left, RB turns right, and LB+RB boosts forward.  Long flames shoot out of the broad sides of the wheel while boosting.  

38 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You come up with some bizarre shit. 

Vehicles have been at the top of the food chain for a while.  Vehicles hunt infantry.  The SAW flips that script and gives infantry a vehicle-hunter vehicle. 

The Scepter can alt fire a remotely controlled, first person, explosive projectile.  While in flight, LT activates Phase Shift, allowing the projectile to pass through solid objects for a short time.  Upon impact or manual detonation, four smaller secondary explosives are released around the primary blast.  

Phase Shift allows the weapon to act as a “bunker buster” and the cluster bombs are highly effective in confined spaces.  

Imagine making explosive weapons stupider by allowing them to fire through walls while being controlled. Imagine not remembering a Fortnite patch for something like this lasted less than a day before it was reverted.