CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

RRR would ruin Smokes. If it cancelled RRR, players would use it more so for that reason than anything else. Reminds me of how I use Reach camo for the AA reduction rather than actually trying to camouflage.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Anyone think they should give slope jumps more utility? 

It's already a soft mechanic in all the games, but it doesn't really have all that much significance. 

Instead of giving the player marginally more speed when jumping off, give the player twice or thrice as much speed. 

It'd make for some cool map traversal options and power weapon pushes. 

We kind of had that in H5 with super slides. I don't necessarily hate the concept, but I feel it would either be really janky or really forced if we upped the movement speed that significantly.

Also I feel it would be extra button pushes without much benefit. Kind of like how  "jump thrust stabilize mash crouch and clamber" is a click tax, I don't really like having to push three or four different buttons to do something that I feel like I should just be able to do.

6 hours ago, Silos said:

We kind of had that in H5 with super slides. I don't necessarily hate the concept, but I feel it would either be really janky or really forced if we upped the movement speed that significantly.

Also I feel it would be extra button pushes without much benefit. Kind of like how  "jump thrust stabilize mash crouch and clamber" is a click tax, I don't really like having to push three or four different buttons to do something that I feel like I should just be able to do.

I imagined it being as simple as crouch-jump off a slope.

I figured out how to fix AR vs BR starts for Infinite.

Call the utility weapon (preferrably a 4sk projectile 2x zoom rifle), the "Assault Rifle".

That way everyone wins, players who understand gameplay spawn with a good gun and AR lovers always spawn with it. 

To further confuse them, call the old-style AR the "Battle Rifle" just to really add spice to discussion.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I figured out how to fix AR vs BR starts for Infinite.

Call the utility weapon (preferrably a 4sk projective 2x zoom rifle), the "Assault Rifle".

That way everyone wins, players who understand gameplay spawn with a good gun and AR lovers always spawn with it. 

To further confuse them, call the old-style AR the "Battle Rifle" just to really add spice to discussion.

Lmao. In all seriousness there’s no way that would ever work or solve anything. The casuals just hate the fact halo is dominant by precision weapons. 

I know that this isn't something that's part of Halo's identity or important at all, but I would like if Infinite had Quake 3 death chat dialogue in the kill feed. 

"Player X ate Player Y's rocket"

"Player Y got his face ripped off by Player Z"

"Player Z was shot in the head by Player X" 

"Player A was melted by Player Z"

"Player B broke Player Y's spine" 

Just something to give the multiplayer a little more character. 

Besides, if it comes to choosing between this and emotes/assassinations, I'd much rather have this. 

All they need to do is make an autos-only playlist for the scrubs. No need to worry about snowballing or any of that shit. Just give them a bunch of bright and colorful guns and call it a day.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

All they need to do is make an autos-only playlist for the scrubs. No need to worry about snowballing or any of that shit. Just give them a bunch of bright and colorful guns and call it a day.

Yeah I agree. 

23 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I know that this isn't something that's part of Halo's identity or important at all, but I would like if Infinite had Quake 3 death chat dialogue in the kill feed. 

"Player X ate Player Y's rocket"

"Player Y got his face ripped off by Player Z"

"Player Z was shot in the head by Player X" 

"Player A was melted by Player Z"

"Player B broke Player Y's spine" 

Just something to give the multiplayer a little more character. 

Besides, if it comes to choosing between this and emotes/assassinations, I'd much rather have this. 

Personally I prefer the shift to icons in H5

I want to be able to glance at the kill feed, not have to read it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Real talk the thing I’m most worried about is halo infinite’s aiming. I hope 343 understands h5 wasn’t good and has h4/h2a aiming inputs. Lower auto aim is a good thing, but idk how low it should go. Maybe h3 levels? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just a friendly reminder: It’s fair to criticize slayer as competitive game type in current iterations of Halo but we should remember to keep sight of the root problem. If you can’t make killing the enemy team work as a competitive game type in an FPS the problem is probably with the game and not the game type. 2v2 slayer in CE still has more depth and a wider skill gap then any game of CTF, KOTH, or Odd Ball on any map in any Halo since. Let us hope and pray that the gameplay in Infinite that slayer is once again a competitively viable gametype. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just now, LI Mr X IL said:

Just a friendly reminder: It’s fair to criticize slayer as competitive game type in current iterations of Halo but we should remember to keep sight of the root problem. If you can’t make killing the enemy team work as a competitive game type in an FPS the problem is probably with the game and not the game type. 2v2 slayer in CE still has more depth and a wider skill gap then any game of CTF, KOTH, or Odd Ball on any map in any Halo since. Let us hope and pray that the gameplay in Infinite that slayer is once again a competitively viable gametype. 

counter strike

A good progression system for infinite(now before you continue remember I’m talking about social play) would have a system similar to overwatch where you get the in game points and can spend those on skins,  etc, as well as having loot RNG loot boxes. What 343 should do is reward players for winning matches with a diamond req pack. (343 is obviously bringing back reqs for infinite) giving people incentive to play and win is always a good thing. Their should also be daily challenges, and monthly challenges. I’d say a good monthly challenge would say win 10X games in a row in ranked and you get a skin. Giving people something to play for is never a bad thing. Gameplay isn’t enough in most cases because even when the game is fun, eventually it gets repetitive, I’m not playing for anything. 

12 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Lol dude many people would disagree with th at. The complexity of slayer in CE isn’t anything special or holds a higher skill ceiling than obj. Most competitive video games do not have slayer as a competitive game type, and there is a solid reason for this. Heck’s slayer is just a boring game type. In ce you’re just killing your opponent and remembering the power up times. But other than that there’s no real build up. If one team has 40 kills and the other 19, there’s a solid chance they’re not comebacking, lmao it’s basically impossible at that point against competent players. But in OBJ like ctf or assault, my team being down 0-2 or 0-4 doesn’t mean I’m shit out of luck, I can make a comeback. Heck’s strongholds from h5 which I’m not even the biggest fan of is very good from an objective perspective. There’s been times where a team straight up got 97 points and my team won the game, in the end. It’s nothing impressive in ce just because of the power ups spawning every minute. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

A good progression system for infinite(now before you continue remember I’m talking about social play) would have a system similar to overwatch where you get the in game points and can spend those on skins,  etc, as well as having loot RNG loot boxes. What 343 should do is reward players for winning matches with a diamond req pack. (343 is obviously bringing back reqs for infinite) giving people incentive to play and win is always a good thing. Their should also be daily challenges, and monthly challenges. I’d say a good monthly challenge would say win 10X games in a row in ranked and you get a skin. Giving people something to play for is never a bad thing. Gameplay isn’t enough in most cases because even when the game is fun, eventually it gets repetitive, I’m not playing for anything. 

Progression systems linked in with cosmetics is an absolute minimum. Considering they're making the thing from scratch there's no real excuse for a lackluster design / implementation. Overwatch is a good example in terms of how to structure progression (linked in with themed events, linked in with watching and supporting the esport, linked in with competiting in the ranked playlists etc) and offers a good variety of paid verses non-paid options but outside of the creative design of the skins there isn't any scope for variety / value.

Something like CSGO provides a much better overall product:

• Items are unique - individual float values are present to show the exact wear of your item. Each item pattern has random elements that can range massively.
  • Invididual items have a wear value - a general indicator of value but also a means to allowing people with less money the opportunity to have the same skin but more worn
  • Items hold actual value - cannot be overstated the boost to interactions that allowing people to buy and sell their own skins creates.
  • Items are created by the community - who knows what the community wants best better than the community? You also remove the need for the developers to put any work in after the system is set up.
  • Items sustain the community - team stickers fuel the major events for CSGO with a cut going towards the teams attending. Teams make enough sticker money just participating to make it worthwhile, the event gets more eyes on it because of the in game interactions.

Sounds dumb but for armour specifically I wouldn't mind something akin to a progression tree with a mix of XP / challenge based unlocks

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, careh said:

Progression systems linked in with cosmetics is an absolute minimum. Considering they're making the thing from scratch there's no real excuse for a lackluster design / implementation. Overwatch is a good example in terms of how to structure progression (linked in with themed events, linked in with watching and supporting the esport, linked in with competiting in the ranked playlists etc) and offers a good variety of paid verses non-paid options but outside of the creative design of the skins there isn't any scope for variety / value.

Something like CSGO provides a much better overall product:

• Items are unique - individual float values are present to show the exact wear of your item. Each item pattern has random elements that can range massively.
  • Invididual items have a wear value - a general indicator of value but also a means to allowing people with less money the opportunity to have the same skin but more worn
  • Items hold actual value - cannot be overstated the boost to interactions that allowing people to buy and sell their own skins creates.
  • Items are created by the community - who knows what the community wants best better than the community? You also remove the need for the developers to put any work in after the system is set up.
  • Items sustain the community - team stickers fuel the major events for CSGO with a cut going towards the teams attending. Teams make enough sticker money just participating to make it worthwhile, the event gets more eyes on it because of the in game interactions.

Sounds dumb but for armour specifically I wouldn't mind something akin to a progression tree with a mix of XP / challenge based unlocks

One thing halo 5 did was bring gun skins into halo(I know h4 had em too but let’s not talk about that) in a way that was really amazing. 343 straight up needs skins for everything they got, because if there’s a skin to get people will want it, same thing with a cool looking armor design. An incentive to play is always a good thing. I wouldn’t say it’s the bare minimum, since it’s one thing that keeps many games alive. 

RANKED. Halo should have ONE ranked playlist. And that is Arena, aka pro settings.  Every game that has a competitive scene has one playlist for it usually. There’s a reason for this. This isn’t the old h3 days of people playing 5-6 ranked playlist, no deep down we only need one. Now considering halo does have a diverse competitive community, I’d recommend maybe two ranked. Arena and Doubles, but that’s it. 

19 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

And FFA. But yeah, I agree.

Nah I don’t think ffa is ok for ranked tbh. Sure I had a 50 back in the day in LW but I don’t think ffa is really that great for a competitive playlist. The game should just have a social ffa playlist meant for warming up, which is why most play ffa anyway. Having a champion in ffa isn’t impressive. 
now party matching should be partial party matching for the ranked arena, but doubles should be full matching. Doubles should be the same settings as arena settings, just obviously slayer only. I’ve played against and with many of the FFA gods of halo(kampy for example) and their skills don’t correlate well to team play. There’s some trends halo should and should not follow, but the one ranked playlist is definitely what it should follow. Also remove slayer from hcs, it’s such a boring game type and just annoying to watch. When a team is up by like 10-15 kills it’s 9/10 GG. Obj is way more fun to watch since comebacks are far more realistic. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Hey man you know I’m right,  I far prefer objective and always will 

18 hours ago, Arlong said:

Lol dude many people would disagree with th at. The complexity of slayer in CE isn’t anything special or holds a higher skill ceiling than obj. Most competitive video games do not have slayer as a competitive game type, and there is a solid reason for this. Heck’s slayer is just a boring game type. In ce you’re just killing your opponent and remembering the power up times. But other than that there’s no real build up. If one team has 40 kills and the other 19, there’s a solid chance they’re not comebacking, lmao it’s basically impossible at that point against competent players. But in OBJ like ctf or assault, my team being down 0-2 or 0-4 doesn’t mean I’m shit out of luck, I can make a comeback. Heck’s strongholds from h5 which I’m not even the biggest fan of is very good from an objective perspective. There’s been times where a team straight up got 97 points and my team won the game, in the end. It’s nothing impressive in ce just because of the power ups spawning every minute. 

Most shooters also play absolutely nothing like Halo. They are either tactical shooters with extremely fast kill times or hero shooters with extremely long kills times. The fact that slayer doesn’t work as a competitive game type in those games isn’t surprising. Like I said,  the problem is the GAME not the game type. Also, you are confusing entertaining with competitive. I said CE slayer has a wider skill gap than any objective game in any Halo since which is precisely why teams find themselves getting in a spot where they are down 19 to 40 with no chance of coming back. If any team can win on any given Sunday you probably have a fun game to watch but the skill gap isn’t all that wide and it isn’t all that competitive. In a really competitive game with a wide skill gap the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams aren’t interchangeable. The 1st really is the 1st, the 2nd the 2nd and so on. If upsets are frequent then they aren’t really upsets. I know it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I have no problem watching a competitive game where I can predict the winner of a match with 99% accuracy. That’s just the price you pay with a game that has a wide enough skill gap.

29 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Most shooters also play absolutely nothing like Halo. They are either tactical shooters with extremely fast kill times or hero shooters with extremely long kills times. The fact that slayer doesn’t work as a competitive game type in those games isn’t surprising. Like I said,  the problem is the GAME not the game type. Also, you are confusing entertaining with competitive. I said CE slayer has a wider skill gap than any objective game in any Halo since which is precisely why teams find themselves getting in a spot where they are down 19 to 40 with no chance of coming back. If any team can win on any given Sunday you probably have a fun game to watch but the skill gap isn’t all that wide and it isn’t all that competitive. In a really competitive game with a wide skill gap the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams aren’t interchangeable. The 1st really is the 1st, the 2nd the 2nd and so on. If upsets are frequent then they aren’t really upsets. I know it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I have no problem watching a competitive game where I can predict the winner of a match with 99% accuracy. That’s just the price you pay with a game that has a wide enough skill gap.

I mean so far its been that way in every halo. A team that wins majority of the time. And eventually loses. We’ve seen that with FB, carbon, instinct, Tox, optic etc. 

so to not double post like I usually do I’ll have this be a separate thing.

i was watching halo followers video on the leaked infinite gameplay and remember frank o Connor saying this was false, and halo follower believes it’s a true infinite leak because he pointed out some interesting things.

1. The compass. There is a compass like we’ve seen in BR games like apex and fort nite etc. far as I’m concerned. 
2. The HP bar is more similar to master chiefs in halo 3 a straight rectangle. 
3, the ammo counter is on the bottom right hand side. 

Nobody voted objective in games where map voting was featured, and anything that wasn't slayer or CTF almost always got vetoed away in Halo 3.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Nobody voted objective in games where map voting was featured, and anything that wasn't slayer or CTF almost always got vetoed away in Halo 3.

That’s because most people suck at anything that isn’t slayer. 

26 minutes ago, Arlong said:

That’s because most people suck at anything that isn’t slayer. 

But I thought "far prefer objective and always will"?

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

But I thought "far prefer objective and always will"?

I said objective is better than slayer, it’s just that halo fans fucking suck at strategy plays which obj requires.