CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

29 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I've said this before but I have no problem with the lack of content/info so far. Way too much of Halo 5 was revealed before release, to the point that it felt like old news by the time it launched.

But why is that such a bad thing? It’s not ok for long development games to show nothing. It gets people more worried than hyped. Seeing the gsmeplY of h5 and having experienced the beta got be excited as I enjoyed the beta. Unfortunately the full game was ruined because of the horrible aiming.

Im going on an assumption we will be shown gameplay at e3, unless theirs some event coming up in the next month or two that could be a good show case for it. With the reveal of GP, they’ll announce floghting and that most likely will come a month or two before the games release, so we know this time around all the flighting will do is provide bug fixes instead of noticeable game changes. 

I can’t always blame 343 for keeping sprint in halo.

1. Console and pc(now) console gamers are very much used to sprint in every game, they don’t have the respect or desire to play a game without such a feature, and even pc gamers are no brainer. In CSGO and overwatchs Case, well there are ways to move around the map faster in OW, and CSGO is a fast kill time game, and it’s also a tactical shooter which makes it pretty different. We don’t have a good example to base halo off of besides quake but that game plays vastly different from halo, in nearly every way. 
2. Fear. 343 are afraid a no sprint halo won’t do so hot(even if their current titles aren’t the best) and they don’t think sprint has been a contributor to their games lack of success. They may or may not be wrong though considering h5s launch with less content than halo 2, and terrible aiming mechanics(trust me the masses noticed this, it’s just that most people don’t go on forums and twitter and complain they go to games where they can aim).

3. 343 sees hate and love for sprint, but unfortunately MOST people aren’t passionate gamers, most of them will simply say “I don’t care if sprints in halo or not” and 343 thinks that’s an “ok” for sprint in halo. 

4. The feel to be a spartan. Now not every halo player thinks like this, but there’s a decent sized crowd that thinks not being able to sprint is unacceptable for a super soldier. Although I’m sure a fast BMS could easily change these peoples minds.

personal opinion: like most of you I dislike sprint for what it does to the game. 343 have failed to make sprint work in halo, perhaps the biggest issues with it are the get out of jail free cards. Although I think a way to prevent those is no sprint unless full shielded. And if they keep the quick shield recharge that h5 has in infinite it could work. And we still could have a fast BMS. 

rant; fuck those people who never use their brains when saying shit “if you hate sprint then don’t sprint” gosh there’s no logical thought there. I wouldn’t sprint if that didn’t mean I was hindering myself. 

in the video he mentions friends that didn’t play halo because they thought it was unrealistic the spartan couldn’t sprint and I remember friends like this, having those same opinions. 

I know far more people who stopped playing Halo because of sprint than I know people who started playing Halo because of sprint. Anecdotal? Yes. But the sales and population stats of the recent games don't really bear out this idea that sprint is a "make or break" feature. The maps just need to be designed well so that people don't feel like it's taking forever to get into action.

• Like (+1) 6

I've just never understood the unrealistic argument when it comes to sprint. I mean which is more realistic? That a super soldier in the 2500's, wearing armor that costs hundreds of millions of dollars would still need to put his weapon down to sprint like any random dude? Or maybe with all that futuristic tech they've solved the problem and Spartans can sprint and shoot at the same time? 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hully said:

I've just never understood the unrealistic argument when it comes to sprint. I mean which is more realistic? That a super soldier in the 2500's, wearing armor that costs hundreds of millions of dollars would still need to put his weapon down to sprint like any random dude? Or maybe with all that futuristic tech they've solved the problem and Spartans can sprint and shoot at the same time? 

Guess the main problem is the fact the BMS in halo has always been slow. If you play halo CE anniversary playlist in reach RN, that’s how fast the default BMS should be. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you don’t feel like watching the video here’s the synopsis:  a new generation of gamers expect sprint because other games have it.  He mentions Sonic the Hedgehog.  Funnily enough, Sonic could still attack while “sprinting”.  Sprint empowered Sonic; it didn’t take anything away from him.  

• Like (+1) 1

You can and should blame 343 for putting Sprint in. The fact that they do keep putting it in the game conditions the audience and erodes the original identity of the series. "There will be more Halos with Sprint than without" no shit, if they keep putting it in.

And that's the thing... they DO keep putting it in. They do a shit job shoehorning it in promising people things will be different and it never is.

They also KNOW people don't like it for Halo. How many times over the years do you have to hear that it's a 'contentious mechanic', even within the development team. That video did a perfect job by someone who obviously doesn't mind Sprint, how many times did he say "the audience didn't like it"... I mean jesus christ that should be in the middle of a whiteboard at every single meeting at 343.

THEY DON'T LIKE IT

How about you stop trying to think of ways to nerf and curb the shit mechanic or manipulate your audience and just remove it. Then your level designers don't have to [wrongly] consider two cover-to-cover speeds and can design maps that don't have airport runways running through them. Then you don't have a large portion of your core audience (you know the ones that stay with your game for the full 3 year dev cycle) nagging you to give them a 'classic experience' only to have a half hearted effort from the sustain team a few years in.

343 choose to ignore the cries of a decent portion of their core audience chasing a mystical unicorn that doesn't really exist. People like good games, period. CSGO is back to being the number 1 game on Steam in it's 8th year as a title. Overwatch is 4 years in and still bopping on all platforms. "bUt ThEy'Re DiFfErEnT gAmEs?!" and that's the point, they're their own games doing what they do to a level that no one can compete with - Halo actually used to be in that catagory. The new hotness comes and goes but unique quality games prevail.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Arlong said:

I can’t always blame 343 for keeping sprint in halo.

They made that final decision to make it something everyone has access to. They made the decision to completely break down the design aspects of Halo, and try to build up an unarguably worse foundation from it. They made the decision to not only keep it, but nerf it, because they wouldn't go back on their vision, despite so much attrition and backlash. To top it all off, the surplus of video, text, and audio evidence supporting that their choices have made basic Halo combat tedious is only one of the many mistakes they most likely will never learn from, nor acknowledge.

Who is the bigger fool; the fool, or the fool that follows?

• Like (+1) 5

I hate the attempts to balance sprint. I'd honestly rather just have H4 sprint than H5's. I always hated needing to slow down to get my shields back, constantly trading my movement for my health. H4's was cheesy as hell and easy to abuse, but at least I could move how I wanted. And it's not like H5 prevented cheesy escapes either. It just forced you to eventually slow down so you could recover health. They were both shit, but H5's was more intrusive and annoying in my opinion.

My point is that it can't be balanced around. If sprint is in, the game will always operate under the assumption that you can sprint. So when you can't sprint for whatever reason, you're just spending large chunks of the game in some gimped state. Fuck that. I want all my options, all the time. There are plenty of other factors that can restrict your options in Halo. We don't need to be adding more.

• Like (+1) 9

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

If you don’t feel like watching the video here’s the synopsis:  a new generation of gamers expect sprint because other games have it.  He mentions Sonic the Hedgehog.  Funnily enough, Sonic could still attack while “sprinting”.  Sprint empowered Sonic; it didn’t take anything away from him.  

Lol he mentions sonic in the sense if we increased the BMS. Basically he’s talking as if we increase it to quake levels of BMS.

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I hate the attempts to balance sprint. I'd honestly rather just have H4 sprint than H5's. I always hated needing to slow down to get my shields back, constantly trading my movement for my health. H4's was cheesy as hell and easy to abuse, but at least I could move how I wanted. And it's not like H5 prevented cheesy escapes either. It just forced you to eventually slow down so you could recover health. They were both shit, but H5's was more intrusive and annoying in my opinion.

My point is that it can't be balanced around. If sprint is in, the game will always operate under the assumption that you can sprint. So when you can't sprint for whatever reason, you're just spending large chunks of the game in some gimped state. Fuck that. I want all my options, all the time. There are plenty of other factors that can restrict your options in Halo. We don't need to be adding more.

To be fair the get out of jail free cards were more or less because of sprint+thruster, but I bet without that ability, we’d of never had that. Lol and even then, it’s not like it helped an enemy pursue you, when your shields would come back in 3 seconds so by the time your enemy caught up to you, you were full shields. 

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

surplus of video, text, and audio evidence supporting that their choices have made basic Halo combat tedious is only one of the many mistakes they most likely will never learn from, nor acknowledge.

It’s basically this right here. Regardless of all the information, even factual information such as not being a faster game(the fact I’ve had many slayer truth games end by time limit, whom has never occurred on midship h2-3 versions both) is evidence enough. But besides my personal experiences 343 refuses to acknowledge the negatives. There’s a saying your cons outweigh your positives, and it’s true. 

Tidal Rifle 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 6 shots (1.2 seconds) with a headshot or in 9 bodyshots (1.9 seconds).  It has an 18 round magazine.  The Tidal Rifle is unique in that primary fire is magazine fed while alternate fire is battery powered.  

LT alt fires a single large projectile that sticks to an impacted surface, player, or vehicle.  The Gravity Anchor drags down an impacted aerial vehicle, prevents a ground vehicle from becoming airborne, or disables a foot solider’s ability to jump.  A Gravity Anchor remains active until damage is dealt directly to the stuck projectile.  

Impacting a Gravity Anchor with a primary fire projectile creates a stationary Gravity Vortex that sucks things towards it and damages them.  The vortex can be created while the anchor is in flight or once it has stuck to something.  Stuck infantry are near instantly killed by the vortex.  Stuck vehicles are damaged throughout the duration of the vortex.  If an anchor is damaged by anything other than the Tidal Rifle’s primary fire, it is destroyed and simply disappears.  

3 alt fire shots kill (1.4 seconds) but each alt fire shot consumes 20% of the weapon’s battery.  While there is a 0.7 second fire delay between alt fire shots, there is only a 0.24 second fire delay between an alt fire shot and a primary fire shot.  1 alt fire shot followed by 3 primary fire shots (0.7 seconds) is lethal when the final shot is a headshot.  

It’s pretty hilarious to me that 343 says in there video they aren’t going to chase trends anymore...then footage comes out of the game with a grappling hook. 😂

This company just can’t help themselves and it’s also cute that people think that this won’t be an ability that you always have access to this is 343i we’re talking about here so maps will be altered to accomodate it.

Though at this point I’m honestly just waiting for some gameplay footage and if it has sprint to make my decision on whether or not I purchase this game.

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

it’s also cute that people think that this won’t be an ability that you always have access to this is 343i we’re talking about here so maps will be altered to accomodate it.

The funny thing is, I believe a lot of “purists” would be completely open to these zany new additions... if they were delivered alongside a strong arena experience.  In addition to, not in replacement of.  

• Like (+1) 5

Frankie has come out and said that nothing was leaked. I don't know how much weight his word carries but that's what he said.

I feel like anything could be true at this point. Maybe development has taken so long because they threw out the H5 formula midway through and are developing an actual Halo game. Maybe they're just doing 343 things and Infinite is going to be another H4/H5. Maybe they're scrambling and a delay is inevitable. The fact that it's already February and we've seen nothing is concerning.

6 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

6 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

It’s pretty hilarious to me that 343 says in there video they aren’t going to chase trends anymore...then footage comes out of the game with a grappling hook. 😂

This company just can’t help themselves and it’s also cute that people think that this won’t be an ability that you always have access to this is 343i we’re talking about here so maps will be altered to accomodate it.

Though at this point I’m honestly just waiting for some gameplay footage and if it has sprint to make my decision on whether or not I purchase this game.

Haha I thought the exact same thing. It was great in Black Ops, especially in Blackout. Obviously it is meant for the Halo battle royale gamemode. 😛

So is there any sort of game event coming up where 343 will be at? Or is e3 the only one we have knowledge of? To think in 4 months we will most likely see gameplay. No way in hell can 343 get away with not showing gameplay this time. 

On 2/1/2020 at 2:48 PM, Mr Grim said:

Frankie has come out and said that nothing was leaked. I don't know how much weight his word carries but that's what he said.

It carries no weight. He both lies and tells the truth about leaks among other things in the past so if he comments it just doesn't mean anything because we can't reliably trust what he says

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

It carries no weight. He both lies and tells the truth about leaks among other things in the past so if he comments it just doesn't mean anything because we can't reliably trust what he says

To be fair, wouldn’t you lie? If something of your game was leaked? 

22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

To be fair, wouldn’t you lie? If something of your game was leaked? 

Why would you say anything at all?

40 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Why would you say anything at all?

Because fans will believe this leak is the truth, and I would want them to believe it’s not. My word holds more weight than a leaker to the average individual.