CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

One major change I'd like Infinite to make is near Quake-levels of BMS and player acceleration/deceleration curves. Aside from raising the general skill ceiling, it would free up a ton of wasted space as far as weapon balance goes. Imagine a plasma rifle that acts like Quake 3's Plasma Gun instead of whatever it is now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

One major change I'd like Infinite to make is near Quake-levels of BMS and player acceleration/deceleration curves. Aside from raising the general skill ceiling, it would free up a ton of wasted space as far as weapon balance goes. Imagine a plasma rifle that acts like Quake 3's Plasma Gun instead of whatever it is now. 

But then it’s not halo, and aim assist would be so damn high. I don’t want such a massive bms in halo. I like halo not quake. And it’d immediately turn into that. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

A BMS equivalent to 120% of H3/Reach/4/5 would be great.

• Like (+1) 1

I think once the base movement speed encourages zooming around the map as opposed to strafing it starts to depart from what I think of as "Halo". Up until that point, I say the higher the movement speed (maybe "the crisper the strafe" is the better way to put it), the better.

That is my biggest gripe with H5 and advanced mobility. Sure, there is a skill gap in successfully executing the movement mechanics the game provides, but it involves skills that feel foreign to the franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Basu said:

A BMS equivalent to 120% of H3/Reach/4/5 would be great.

Isn't halo 3 actually kinda fast but the awful, garbage, cancerous 60 degree fov makes you seem slower?

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Isn't halo 3 actually kinda fast but the awful, garbage, cancerous 60 degree fov makes you seem slower?

Good point, 110% in MLG felt pretty good with the map scale. FOV was a joke in that game, agree. But so was H2's and that game feels much better movement wise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Looks like H5 tbh

But Heinz is playing it, and he joined 343 after Atlanta 2018, well after H5 development was finished, and well into Infinites dev cycle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

But Heinz is playing it, and he joined 343 after Atlanta 2018, well after H5 development was finished, and well into Infinites dev cycle. 

Those look like OG Xbox Ones.

I think infinite will have sprint either way though.

Multiplayer might suck because of sprint but on a more optimistic note, IIRC they stated that they wanted to tell a more "human" story with a focus on the Master Chief. In their recent video they mostly show cutscenes from Halo 4 and pretty much nothing from 5. We also have the Batman Arkham guy as the lead writer.

Does this mean we're getting a H4-esque story? If yes then I'm so down. I really want those ethical man-or-machine themes to return.

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

If that animation is what I think it is then #Sprinfinite Confirmed

Be honest we all knew sprint would be in infinite. At least I hope we don’t have another h5 heavy aim bs.

45 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Multiplayer might suck because of sprint but on a more optimistic note, IIRC they stated that they wanted to tell a more "human" story with a focus on the Master Chief. In their recent video they mostly show cutscenes from Halo 4 and pretty much nothing from 5. We also have the Batman Arkham guy as the lead writer.

Does this mean we're getting a H4-esque story? If yes then I'm so down. I really want those ethical man-or-machine themes to return.

Yeah I loved those. Chief for the longest of time has been a soldier where he doesn’t know the difference between machine and human. There’s actually a quote from halo legends where he states he’s not ready to die even knowing it was always his fate to die on the battlefield. 
If chief is to die in h6(I want him to die, a good ending to halos story should have him die in an honorable way), then I want this story to make chief realize that he’s human and always has been. 
"I do not remember my name. I do not remember my family. I do not remember my home. But I canremember the game. We played it every day. And I never lost. The game... It's the only thing I canremember about the life I had before I met Doctor Halsey. Since then, I have experienced a lifetime of combat. Through thirty years of war against alien aggressors... I have always known my fate. I knew someday I would die in battle. But now that it is here... now that it is time to die... I find I am not ready."

Fuck Master Chief already. Mercy kill him. "Hooman or macheen??!!" nobody cares. Halo wasn't "his" story until those hacks at 343 decided to insist that it was "his" story. Halo was the story of humanity - 500 years in the future - getting decimated by pissed-off religious aliens, then turning the tables on them after stumbling on an ancient world of unknown origin. Master Chief was the husk through which you, the player, viewed this world and did a lot of the killing that your AR kid marines couldn't do. That's it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Why does 343 insist on that sniper design still. Gosh it’s so ugly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Toaster sniper might just be placeholder if we're lucky. What I'm really worried about is that grappling hook on the HUD tho. Another 5 years of ability garbage? =/

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Fuck Master Chief already. Mercy kill him. "Hooman or macheen??!!" nobody cares. Halo wasn't "his" story until those hacks at 343 decided to insist that it was "his" story. Halo was the story of humanity - 500 years in the future - getting decimated by pissed-off religious aliens, then turning the tables on them after stumbling on an ancient world of unknown origin. Master Chief was the husk through which you, the player, viewed this world and did a lot of the killing that your AR kid marines couldn't do. That's it.

They should have left him missing aboard the FuD after the events of H3. 

8 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

They should have left him missing aboard the FuD after the events of H3. 

Don't worry, he's still asleep in his cryopod. The events of H4 and H5 are just a bad dream.

• Like (+1) 3

Imagine waking up from cryosleep and now your armor is fugly and you can't run and shoot at the same time anymore. This always bugged me to no end. Reach's gameplay changes already made zero sense with the lore, but at least it was a prequel set on another planet in another era of the war. The transition from H3 to 4 is insanely jarring.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Toaster sniper might just be placeholder if we're lucky. What I'm really worried about is that grappling hook on the HUD tho. Another 5 years of ability garbage? =/

What grappling hook?