CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I honestly find it hard to believe that people still care about campaign.

It’s hard to believe people care about Halo at all, given the state of both the SP and MP, yet here we are.

I have no hope that the narrative will be good. But i’d Love if the campaign at least played like a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It’s hard to believe people care about Halo at all, given the state of both the SP and MP, yet here we are.

I have no hope that the narrative will be good. But i’d Love if the campaign at least played like a Halo game.

Na, I don't just mean halo I mean campaigns as a whole. You tend to do these things in one day and you're done.

Most campaigns don't care about delivering a good gameplay experience because they can sell themselves on their story.  You play through the story for eight hours completely engrossed in that, then never touch the game again because the actual gameplay was easy and lacking in depth.  I totally understand buying the games for their story alone (and I do this), but at the same time I completely agree that 90% of the time they're play once then never again.

This isn't always the case though.  There are a few campaign games I'll play over and over again because the actual gameplay is solid.  Quake 1 and Halo Ce being some good examples.  Because they have enough difficulty, enough depth to their maps and gameplay, so on to be interesting each playthrough.  Unlike linear military shooter #350189.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which will die like every other remake of a classic game.

@@Ramirez77 only campaign I’ve replayed a more than a couple times is Goldeneye, honestly think I’ve ran through those missions 1000s of times speed running them. I’m no record holder but have kinda decent times (:

Brian Reed is gone so my hopes are high. I know it's a group effort, but you still have a lead  :). He's gone so maybe halo will not suck this time.

Na, I don't just mean halo I mean campaigns as a whole. You tend to do these things in one day and you're done.

oh. depends on the game. most of the time they are just 5-8h tutorials with some narrative thrown in. sometimes they actually have memorable sequences and storylines that i like you revisit. sometimes there's campaign scoring. other times they are lengthy - offering hundred of hours of gameplay.

a lot of people still only play campaign, believe it or not.

The OG Xbox was a good music/halo machine. I remember my mate saving 1000s of cds on that thing.

I don’t even want to see a new Xbox, this Xbox one infront of me is definitely my last console.

I remember having to name 1000s of songs on the OG. Man what a time

:')

• Upvote (+1) 1

Na, I don't just mean halo I mean campaigns as a whole.

For the same reasons people still read books and watch movies; for the story.

You tend to do these things in one day and you're done.

*Looks at 40+ completions of ME1*

Hah, yeah, me too....

I remember having to name 1000s of songs on the OG. Man what a time

:')

Yeah and I loved how I could listen to the music while playing GTA 3 and VC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finds black van, puts on own music radio station thingy and plays the A-team soundtrack.  Only me? ok. 

For the same reasons people still read books and watch movies; for the story.

*Looks at 40+ completions of ME1*

Hah, yeah, me too....

I can't say I've ever in my life played a game for the story. Maybe I'm in the minority (which I know I'm not LOL) but I thought games were about the "gameplay."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't say I've ever in my life played a game for the story. Maybe I'm in the minority (which I know I'm not LOL) but I thought games were about the "gameplay."

Last Of Us is a pretty good example of a story centric game, but it has good gameplay elements too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last Of Us is a pretty good example of a story centric game, but it has good gameplay elements too.

You know I thought of that game as I wrote out that message and was waiting for it to be slapped in my face. LOL

lol depends on the type of game.  Its not often i play a "pure" FPS with 8 hour campaign for the story, but if its an RPG or Adventure game (or anything that expects a long-ish time commitment) story is a big part. Far Cry is the most recent example where the gameplay from set piece to set piece was good, but the story (mostly the ending) really ruined my memory of the game.

Some are, like Portal. But the vast majority of single-player games/campaigns are much more about their story than gameplay mechanics, thank god.

I would always throw that in my PS2 friends face.

I would always throw that in my PS2 friends face.

I remember but they were realised way later on the Xbox.

Sooo...do we know anything new?

Barely one month after an announcement trailer it's unlikely we'll get anything for another year.

Barely one month after an announcement trailer it's unlike we'll get anything for another year.

It's also been three years since H5 dropped. 

It's also been three years since H5 dropped. 

THEY BUILT A NEW ENGINE

HeartyScholarlyCowbird-size_restricted.g

(obviously this is sarcasm but you have to do the whole "this is sarcasm" thing nowadays)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1