CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Just now, Arlong said:

That’s basically why it needs to go. The not being able to shoot is hardly a bad thing. In fact if you could shoot while doing it, that’d be OP. 

Why would shooting during thrusting be overpowered?

Just now, Boyo said:

Why would shooting during thrusting be overpowered?

Because it’s already hard to shoot someone when they perform it. The time it takes for you to be able to shoot while doing it, isn’t even a second long. Lmao you can’t even appropriately respond to thruster pack because for a brief second all aim assist is removed to prevent perfect  tracking of thrusting opponent 

7 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Because it’s already hard to shoot someone when they perform it. The time it takes for you to be able to shoot while doing it, isn’t even a second long. Lmao you can’t even appropriately respond to thruster pack because for a brief second all aim assist is removed to prevent perfect  tracking of thrusting opponent 

If a player's aim assist was not disabled while his target was thrusting, would thruster still be overpowered?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If a player's aim assist was not disabled while his target was thrusting, would thruster still be overpowered?  

I like to think Maybe not. In h4 the thruster wasn’t that hard to hit because the aim assist wasn’t gone when they did it. 

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I like to think Maybe not. In h4 the thruster wasn’t that hard to hit because the aim assist wasn’t gone when they did it. 

Varying levels of aim assist, like the amount of bullet magnetism between the utility and the AR, should be considered while designing a console shooter like halo, correct?

Aim assistance should only exist to ensure aiming feels as close as possible to KBM. Nothing more. No peaks and valleys, no sudden or immediate cutoff ranges. It should assist you at ranges that make sense, and should never feel like a drag to fight, or aim for you. It should prioritize player comfort balanced with fair play. Bullet mag is a symptom of a slow TtK and should die in a hole.

H5 fails at every single one of these things, while every other halo fails at the Bullet mag part.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

Varying levels of aim assist, like the amount of bullet magnetism between the utility and the AR, should be considered while designing a console shooter like halo, correct?

But it’s no longer just a console shooter.

55 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Aim assistance should only exist to ensure aiming feels as close as possible to KBM. Nothing more. No peaks and valleys, no sudden or immediate cutoff ranges. It should assist you at ranges that make sense, and should never feel like a drag to fight, or aim for you. It should prioritize player comfort balanced with fair play. Bullet mag is a symptom of a slow TtK and should die in a hole.

H5 fails at every single one of these things, while every other halo fails at the Bullet mag part.

Wish more games had AA like that. Looking at fort nite and it’s issues regarding auto aim on pc. 

I know this is really an r/Halo tier topic to discuss, but what soundtrack from Halo do you guys really love? 

For me it has to be Second Prelude from H2A and Rock Anthem for Saving the World from HCE. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Out of darkness from halo 3 is awesome. It starts out soft and builds into a fuckin jam.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I know this is really an r/Halo tier topic to discuss, but what soundtrack from Halo do you guys really love? 

For me it has to be Second Prelude from H2A and Rock Anthem for Saving the World from HCE. 

DUDE YES! MY FAVORITE 

• Fire (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Out of darkness from halo 3 is awesome. It starts out soft and builds into a fuckin jam.

Broken Gates will never not be good, I suggest checking out Streets, Rooftops and Covenant from H2A. 

My favourite tracks:

Yeah I included H4. That game's soundtrack is seriously underrated.

H4s soundtrack is actually good. It just sounds nothing like halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would say Marty's style is halo but then again his work on destiny wouldn't necessarily fit. Generally halos music is structured in a very uncinematic way and incorporates less conventional instruments for an orchestral score. It's also somewhat simplistic I think? I'm not sure that's the right word but it's what comes to mind currently.

Pretty sure 1 joking post about what has happened before doesn't constitute anything deeper than that. But whatever. 

• Like (+1) 2

What you make of this?

I think it's just halo 5 gameplay cos there's no way they would even show a hint of Infinite gameplay without prior announcement, but tbh I don't think it matters cos Infinite *will* have sprint. 

God I forgot how terrible h5 looks and sounds.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hully said:

TIL if I don't like sprint I'm a Halo boomer. 

I've noticed this sentiment a lot recently amongst even competitive players. They always throw out vague phrases about "being modern" and "attracting young people" and they attach all of these concepts to the sprint mechanic. The arguments against it are the same as they have been for years and remain, for the most part unrefuted, but now I see more and more on twitter and elsewhere this almost scoffing attitude to people who are against it. I feel like this community has just turned into a massive social experiment in the study of Stockholm Syndrome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

They always throw out vague phrases about "being modern" and "attracting young people"

It’s like fashion.  You don’t wanna look like your parents so you wear something different to feel like your own person.  But these things go in cycles.  Eventually classic halo will become retro and come back in style once the “advanced” halo becomes old.  

1 hour ago, Hxrshly said:

I've noticed this sentiment a lot recently amongst even competitive players. They always throw out vague phrases about "being modern" and "attracting young people" and they attach all of these concepts to the sprint mechanic. The arguments against it are the same as they have been for years and remain, for the most part unrefuted, but now I see more and more on twitter and elsewhere this almost scoffing attitude to people who are against it. I feel like this community has just turned into a massive social experiment in the study of Stockholm Syndrome.

Microsoft throwing money at HCS and the relentless marketing of the Spartan Gimmicks as "advanced movement" has lead people to believe that these abilities are "competitive" and Halo would be "slow and dated" without them. Neither statement has any kind of evidence behind it and all it takes is a simple "what exactly is advanced about my gun pointing at the floor for half the match?" to shut them up. Since they're out of arguments, they call you a boomer or nostalgiafag. It's similar to the AR kids saying "git gud and learn to control the map".

The good thing is though: These people will eat whatever shit 343 throws at them. If Infinite turns out to be classic (lol) these people will be the first to talk about how good of a decision it was to go back to proper Halo, I guarantee it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1