CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

I'll record it.

And if you lose you’re probably not even gonna upload it. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I have a protractor

And I have a calculator 

Buffing the Short Strafe 

When a player changes his direction of movement, he should instantly accelerate to above top speed for a moment.  This allows for a more effective short strafe, making bullet dodging more of a possibility.  The downside is while a player is vibrating from side to side, he is not moving anywhere, leaving him vulnerable to grenades’ area of effect.  

Macro movement, map movement, provides the player with pick ups and positions.  Micro movement, strafing, effectively provides the player with a damage resistance to bullets. 

23 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Buffing the Short Strafe 

When a player changes his direction of movement, he should instantly accelerate to above top speed for a moment.  This allows for a more effective short strafe, making bullet dodging more of a possibility.  The downside is while a player is vibrating from side to side, he is not moving anywhere, leaving him vulnerable to grenades’ area of effect.  

Macro movement, map movement, provides the player with pick ups and positions.  Micro movement, strafing, effectively provides the player with a damage resistance to bullets. 

This isn't really neccessary. The strafe acceleration can easily be increased to make strafing more viable, no need for dodge mechanics.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

This isn't really neccessary. The strafe acceleration can easily be increased to make strafing more viable, no need for dodge mechanics.

Allowing the player to momentarily accelerate to above top speed upon direction change allows for an effective short strafe without increasing base movement speed.  

Increasing the rate of acceleration is great but is still limited by the max speed.  Increasing the max speed for a fraction of a second when the player changes directions bypasses this limitation without breaking map movement.  

Strafe is already a dodge mechanic.  It’s just terribly ineffective.  

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Allowing the player to momentarily accelerate to above top speed upon direction change allows for an effective short strafe without increasing base movement speed.  

Increasing the rate of acceleration is great but is still limited by the max speed.  Increasing the max speed for a fraction of a second when the player changes directions bypasses this limitation without breaking map movement.  

Strafe is already a dodge mechanic.  It’s just terribly ineffective.   

If you increase it by enough it becomes hard enough to hit targets. With just acceleration you can get into "too much strafe" territory and yes there is a thing as too much strafe it happened in early builds of our mod, it happened in CSGO when ADADAD spam was the meta. You don't need fancy mechanics for people to dodge shots (unless you want a flashy game).

Just now, Basu said:

ADADAD spam 

Halo is primarily a console game and should be designed around a controller first and foremost.  Unlike AD, the thumbstick has a physical distance it needs to travel in order to cause the player to change directions.  This physical travel distance prevents AD spamming.  

39 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Halo is primarily a console game and should be designed around a controller first and foremost.  Unlike AD, the thumbstick has a physical distance it needs to travel in order to cause the player to change directions.  This physical travel distance prevents AD spamming.  

Not really. You'd break your controller after a while but you can flick your thumbstick back and forth very quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Basu said:

Not really. You'd break your controller after a while but you can flick your thumbstick back and forth very quickly. 

Not as quickly as simultaneously releasing A while depressing D though right?  You can’t do the same things with a single analog input as you can with two binary inputs.  

2 minutes ago, Basu said:

But not as quickly or accurately as hitting A/D. And a lot of times a keyboard is more responsive even when a controller is plugged in wired.

11 hours ago, Arlong said:

And if you lose you’re probably not even gonna upload it. 

Ok I'll stream it. Was just trying to make Basu's life easier when he uploads it to the GPMA channel.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Ok I'll stream it. Was just trying to make Basu's life easier when he uploads it to the GPMA channel.

Very well I’ll be ready later on today 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lot of people on twitter seem to think Infinite might get delayed. I can't imagine that really. 

25 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Lot of people on twitter seem to think Infinite might get delayed. I can't imagine that really. 

If MCC was any indication, 343 would sooner release a literally unplayable game than delay it so I’m going to have to press X to doubt.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Toxic (+1) 1

The “Artifact” Armor Ability is operated with the Bumpers.  It modifies the map in some way.  LB activates action 1.  RB activates action 2.  LB+RB activates action 3.  

Zanzibar Fan 

LB - fan turns counterclockwise 

RB - fan turns clockwise 

LB+RB - fan rapidly spins for a short time, killing anyone inside 

Ascension Antenna 

LB - antenna rotates left 

RB - antenna rotates right 

LB+RB - activates shield over antenna 

Lockout Glass (top mid)

LB - disables glass 

RB - enables glass 

LB+RB - activates jump pad beneath glass 

Elongation Conveyor Belts 

LB - conveyor belts reverse 

RB - conveyor belts forward 

LB+RB - stops conveyor belts 

Yo guys, let's suppose that they were removing all H5 spartan abilities from Infinite except for one, and in his hypothetical scenario you absolutely had to keep one. Which would it be? To play a process of elimination:

-No sprint for self-explanatory reasons (ruins game flow, stretches out maps, etc)

-No sprint means no spartan charge or slide

-No ground pound because fuck that was stupid

-No clamber since that also negatively affects map design

-No thruster because you can't shoot while using it

I guess I'd keep stabilize. Seems like an alright ability to me.

I would keep Ground Pound because there is nothing inherently wrong with a vertical strike attack.  Seems like something that Brutes might perform.  

14 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

-No thruster because you can't shoot while using it

That is like the last reason it should be ditched lol

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

That is like the last reason it should be ditched lol

What’s the first reason it should be ditched?  Because it makes it too easy to walk into a fucked situation then use a get out of jail free card button to thrust back behind cover once you realize what you’ve done?

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What’s the first reason it should be ditched?  Because it makes it too easy to walk into a fucked situation then use a get out of jail free card button to thrust back behind cover once you realize what you’ve done?

That’s basically why it needs to go. The not being able to shoot is hardly a bad thing. In fact if you could shoot while doing it, that’d be OP.