CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Yeah the jack of all trades is why halo has such a pissed off fan base. Im not saying we should spawn weak but giving people SOME reason to pick up a BR-LR solves a lot of bitching. Heck’s having these weapons on the map period solves shit. Halo being recognized as an arena shooter yet spawning you with a powerful weapon where everything else is useless is something else. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

25 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Halo being recognized as an arena shooter is something else. 

True.

21 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Yeah the jack of all trades is why halo has such a pissed off fan base. Im not saying we should spawn weak but giving people SOME reason to pick up a BR-LR solves a lot of bitching. Heck’s having these weapons on the map period solves shit. Halo being recognized as an arena shooter yet spawning you with a powerful weapon where everything else is useless is something else. 

Issue isn't spawning with the jack of all trades weapon, it's the fact that the other weapons are useless. We haven't had proper niche weapons arguably since CE, with a few isolated exceptions (Noob Combo in H2, Mauler in H3, Needler in H3/Reach). And to say that the utility weapon is the reason for the state of the Halo community is laughable. No one had any problems in H2 and H3 when the BR dominated the game. Plenty of other elements in the recent games that are far more to blame for issues with the community.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Issue isn't spawning with the jack of all trades weapon, it's the fact that the other weapons are useless. We haven't had proper niche weapons arguably since CE, with a few isolated exceptions (Noob Combo in H2, Mauler in H3, Needler in H3/Reach). And to say that the utility weapon is the reason for the state of the Halo community is laughable. No one had any problems in H2 and H3 when the BR dominated the game. Plenty of other elements in the recent games that are far more to blame for issues with the community.

I think reach has clouded my judgement. In those games people can’t cross map. I was reading a waypoint post mentioning how not everyone is good with precision weapons so they use autos today and I thought to myself at first “git Gud with precision weapons then” but that’s not the right way to think. 

people should be allowed to pick up a weapon on the map that isn’t a power tool and feel strong. Heck’s we don’t even need them to be better thuan the utility they just need to be close in some way. The. BR and DMR in current h5 aren’t better than the pistol but are still good weapons to use. And autos aren’t complete horseshit. People just want variety and even a lot of weapons. 

47 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I think reach has clouded my judgement. In those games people can’t cross map. I was reading a waypoint post mentioning how not everyone is good with precision weapons so they use autos today and I thought to myself at first “git Gud with precision weapons then” but that’s not the right way to think. 

people should be allowed to pick up a weapon on the map that isn’t a power tool and feel strong. Heck’s we don’t even need them to be better thuan the utility they just need to be close in some way. The. BR and DMR in current h5 aren’t better than the pistol but are still good weapons to use. And autos aren’t complete horseshit. People just want variety and even a lot of weapons. 

I was trying to type out a more-thorough response, but I'm genuinely confused about what you're getting at. Let me know if this is even marginally addressing your point:

No one (well, maybe not no one) is disagreeing that people want variety in weapons. Weapon variety is not incompatible with a powerful utility weapon off spawn. We've seen it work in at least one Halo game, and it is a fairly simple thing to implement into the other titles with tweaks to the existing weapons, as the GPMA guys have demonstrated.

Spawning players with a shitty weapon doesn't create weapon variety if the rest of the sandbox is equally as bad. All you're doing is introducing an extra step of having to find the dominant weapon on the map. No one picks up plasma weapons in Reach, even with AR starts, because they are bad. Sure, you now may have to use your AR to get a DMR, but you're still not picking up other weapons on the map. Turning the game into a race for the DMRs is not weapon variety and it's certainly not a model to build off of for Infinite.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I was trying to type out a more-thorough response, but I'm genuinely confused about what you're getting at. Let me know if this is even marginally addressing your point:

No one (well, maybe not no one) is disagreeing that people want variety in weapons. Weapon variety is not incompatible with a powerful utility weapon off spawn. We've seen it work in at least one Halo game, and it is a fairly simple thing to implement into the other titles with tweaks to the existing weapons, as the GPMA guys have demonstrated.

Spawning players with a shitty weapon doesn't create weapon variety if the rest of the sandbox is equally as bad. All you're doing is introducing an extra step of having to find the dominant weapon on the map. No one picks up plasma weapons in Reach, even with AR starts, because they are bad. Sure, you now may have to use your AR to get a DMR, but you're still not picking up other weapons on the map. Turning the game into a race for the DMRs is not weapon variety and it's certainly not a model to build off of for Infinite.

You’re not close I’m just going to start off right there.

im saying we should still start with a strong precision weapon(and auto or pistol) but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be weapons on the map that are strong as well. Think of the h5 pistol and the h5 light rifle. Technically that weapon is stronger than the h5 pistol, it’s worth picking up, but a guy with a pistol isn’t fucked because his opponent has it. Your pistol is accurate/strong enough to compete. I’d prefer a sandbox like that across the board for all halo titles. Now this doesn’t mean we can’t have a jack of all trades, it just means other weapons similar to it are on the map with slight differences and we still will have our utility. I’ve never advocated for spawning with a shitty weapon, let alone Ar starts. You just need to make sure the variety is small-high, small is every weapon has some unique niche, where high is having that, but also weapons that are basically clones of your spawning weapon with a different trait, like the LR from h5(3shots to the head scoped) or the DMR(long ranged weapon). Storm rifle burns shields faster and hp slower than AR, etc. 

12 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You’re not close I’m just going to start off right there.

im saying we should still start with a strong precision weapon(and auto or pistol) but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be weapons on the map that are strong as well. Think of the h5 pistol and the h5 light rifle. Technically that weapon is stronger than the h5 pistol, it’s worth picking up, but a guy with a pistol isn’t fucked because his opponent has it. Your pistol is accurate/strong enough to compete. I’d prefer a sandbox like that across the board for all halo titles. Now this doesn’t mean we can’t have a jack of all trades, it just means other weapons similar to it are on the map with slight differences and we still will have our utility. I’ve never advocated for spawning with a shitty weapon, let alone Ar starts. You just need to make sure the variety is small-high, small is every weapon has some unique niche, where high is having that, but also weapons that are basically clones of your spawning weapon with a different trait, like the LR from h5(3shots to the head scoped) or the DMR(long ranged weapon). Storm rifle burns shields faster and hp slower than AR, etc. 

Gotcha––I don't think anyone disagrees with that: weapons on the map obviously need to be powerful enough in a given situation to warrant picking up. Your previous posts made it seem like you were blaming the utility weapon for the lack of incentive to pick up a weapon, rather than the lack of power in the niche weapons.

24 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Gotcha––I don't think anyone disagrees with that: weapons on the map obviously need to be powerful enough in a given situation to warrant picking up. Your previous posts made it seem like you were blaming the utility weapon for the lack of incentive to pick up a weapon, rather than the lack of power in the niche weapons.

Yeah it was a bit misleading. To put a simplification I think we should spawn with a precision weapon that has a perfect TTK of 1 second while others will be 1.1-1.2 with niche perks like extra range, larger reticule, something of the sort. Now for autos certain guns can have different spread patterns. Weapons outside the tier 3(power weapons) shouldn’t be the only go to weapons that give empowerment.

as for autos I’d be ok with what we currently have regarding h5 autos. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Why is it 2020 and yet no training mode in Halo

Halo 1 NHE has a training mode. The training mode on Halo 1 NHE has neutral host enabled, a talking timer, a HUD timer, alerts/navpoints for the power items(camo, OS, and rockets), shows the spawn points, and shows the random zones.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Yeah it was a bit misleading. To put a simplification I think we should spawn with a precision weapon that has a perfect TTK of 1 second while others will be 1.1-1.2 with niche perks like extra range, larger reticule, something of the sort. Now for autos certain guns can have different spread patterns. Weapons outside the tier 3(power weapons) shouldn’t be the only go to weapons that give empowerment.

as for autos I’d be ok with what we currently have regarding h5 autos. 

I cannot stand h5 autos. Zoom making them better is stupid and headshot damage makes zero sense.

34 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I cannot stand h5 autos. Zoom making them better is stupid and headshot damage makes zero sense.

I’m ok with that because they made the autos weak if you aim solely on the body. So kids who don’t aim at the head won’t do good with them. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

I’m ok with that because they made the autos weak if you aim solely on the body. So kids who don’t aim at the head won’t do good with them. 

Right but the guns are Uber random. Like, getting the headshot is entirely rng. Nevermind the big mcfuckhuge reticle that makes it easy to aim.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

cant wait to see yall disappointed again

also hey @Shekkles

The Missile Pod has four buttons dedicated to its use:  triggers and bumpers.  The Bumpers launch the missiles on different trajectories.  LB fires the missile angled to the left.  RB fires the missile angled to the right.  LB+RB fires the missile upward and forward.  

LT activates a 3x scope.  RT fires the guidance laser.  Once the laser is activated, all airborne missiles travel towards where the user is aiming his reticle. 

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Right but the guns are Uber random. Like, getting the headshot is entirely rng. Nevermind the big mcfuckhuge reticle that makes it easy to aim.

Well an AR being rng isn’t a bad thing to me. It’s not meant to take a lot of skill but that doesn’t mean it should be weak AF. I still look towards h4 for what I desire in a halo sandbox. The autos are strong but precision is superior.

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

an AR being rng isn’t a bad thing to me.

When AR headshots deal more damage but landing one is up to rng then going for the quickest killtime becomes gambling, similar to spamming the reach DMR.  This is bad.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

When AR headshots deal more damage but landing one is up to rng then going for the quickest killtime becomes gambling, similar to spamming the reach DMR.  This is bad.  

It’s an AR dude it is fine. It’s simply to give some power to autos without making them overpowered. And they’re only effective within their respective range. 

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It’s an AR dude it is fine. It’s simply to give some power to autos without making them overpowered. And they’re only effective within their respective range. 

The process for achieving the minimum killtime with a weapon should be clear and definite.  Double shotting and BXRing can reduce the BR’s killtime but they reduce it by an exact, predictable amount.  Going for headshots with an AR is hazy way to the minimum killtime.  You might be better off going for bodyshots because rng decided your headshots should miss at that range.  Giving every weapon an optimal method of operating it allows the player to achieve the minimum killtime, not rng.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The process for achieving the minimum killtime with a weapon should be clear and definite.  Double shotting and BXRing can reduce the BR’s killtime but they reduce it by an exact, predictable amount.  Going for headshots with an AR is hazy way to the minimum killtime.  You might be better off going for bodyshots because rng decided your headshots should miss at that range.  Giving every weapon an optimal method of operating it allows the player to achieve the minimum killtime, not rng.  

Dude it’s not hard to hit the head with an AR in halo, thus why headshots need to be rng based. And in h5 the AR is quite effective still. I’ve gotten in plenty of fights with it, vs another AR user, and won even when they shot first. The RNG isn’t  heavy like reach bloom, it’s very tight, so it’s clear these people aren’t aiming at my face. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 3

21 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Dude it’s not hard to hit the head with an AR in halo, thus why headshots need to be rng based. And in h5 the AR is quite effective still. I’ve gotten in plenty of fights with it, vs another AR user, and won even when they shot first. The RNG isn’t  heavy like reach bloom, it’s very tight, so it’s clear these people aren’t aiming at my face. 

Literally what the fuck. The AR has tons of bloom. Maybe the bullet mag is so insane that it compensates for it, but at it's core the H5 AR and SMG are lottery cannons. The H4 AR was perfect, idk why they keep fucking around with it.

• Like (+1) 1

You know I don’t get why so many of you disagreeing. The moment any of you get killed by an AR yall be bitching instantly if it was consistent without any rng. If it’s consistently strong(within respective range) y’all be calling for nerfs immediately. And don’t even try saying I’m wrong, when People on this forum believe a battle between anAr and the utility, they should be able to come out of the battle with more than half their shields.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

@MultiLockOn hit him with the brute pr/ar clips

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/multilockon/video/42266124

Aarlong I have never seen someone with such a ruthlessly poor understanding of game design.  I seriously can't help but down vote every opinion you put out. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1