CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Favorite new map?

I never liked watching downrush but now that I got to play it a few times it's really solid. We didn't really try any of the others because we didn't have enough time.

• Like (+1) 1

It's funny considering Downrush is an Aerowalk remix from the first Quake game. I think they also did a ztn and a cpm3a remix for 1.5. Quake maps work rather well out of the box in HCE, weapons/power up spawns need to be changed but the maps naturally come with good spots to put them because Quake always had maps designed about major items for players to control.

• Like (+1) 3

The Crouch button executes the currently selected transformation.  The D pad toggles between Crouch, Armor Lock, Camo, or Sphere.  

With some help from the D pad, the crouch mechanic can be expanded on.  Crouch makes you smaller and harder to hit.  Armor Lock makes you smaller and harder to hit.  Camo while crouching makes you smaller and harder to hit.  Turning into a small rollable sphere makes you smaller and harder to hit.  

In Campaign, the player could acquire new transformations over the course of the game.  Armor Lock lends itself to vehicle heavy sections, Camo to stealthy, and Sphere to puzzle.  In multiplayer, they could be treated as pick ups in arena or as base traits in Invasion.  

Where Camo and Armor Lock are fairly straight forward, Sphere is a unique beast.  Maps can have doggy doors and vents that are only accessible by players using sphere.  Promethean vehicles can be entered by players in sphere form, where the vehicle operator essentially becomes a part of the vehicle.  Golems can be activated and controlled by a player in sphere form.  

Even without using size as the key to accessing unique paths, the sphere could have unique physics that allow it to perform maneuvers that a biped player could not, like bouncing off of a wall to get around a corner with no floor.  

Coupling the D pad with Crouch allows us to make it a multi function button.  Similar to crouch, those additional functions transform the player model. 

@Arlong In regard to this?

12 hours ago, Boyo said:

Turning into a small rollable sphere makes you smaller and harder to hit.  

Bigger than the oddball but smaller than a Spartan crouching.  Maybe a quarter to a third of a Spartan’s height.  

See how the Monitor is about the size of chief’s chest?  Around there.  

300px-343_Guilty_Spark_John_117_Meet-up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Boyo said:

@Arlong In regard to this?

Bigger than the oddball but smaller than a Spartan crouching.  Maybe a quarter to a third of a Spartan’s height.  

See how the Monitor is about the size of chief’s chest?  Around there.  

300px-343_Guilty_Spark_John_117_Meet-up.

So evade? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Sphinx is the Promethean mobile base.  There is a turret mounted to the outside that can launch players in sphere form to the location of their choosing.  Players enter the turret from inside the vehicle then independently aim and fire a single projectile which is their player model, causing them to exit the turret and the vehicle.  

While docked inside the cannon (while aiming, before firing), the player gradually charges an Overshield but waiting for it to fully charge deprives the team of that means of travel for a significant amount of time (multiple players could launch themselves in the time it takes one player to fully charge an Overshield).  

The Promethean Armor Abilities, Hoverboard or Glider, can be activated from sphere form.  The player is simultaneously transformed into a biped while his movement enhancer is activated, allowing him to begin gliding or zooming straight from his cannonball trajectory. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How would people feel about kill confirmed in halo? One the biggest complaints regarding team slayer is the lack of Needing to move outside a power weapon or up spawn. One solution to this is simply quick spawns like CE, but these aren’t completely ideal without a strong utility. But let’s say the h5 pistol is still the utility, same TTK and everything, same power up and timing, what now? Kill confirmed as far as I’m concerned forces movement and in halo this be great. Now with the potential for kill denial I say the score should be 30. Within coordinated teams confirms be denied constantly. So this wouldn’t be half bad to me. 
there’s also a higher chance for say a comeback than one when a team is in the 40s and one is in 20s. It’s a dead giveaway who’s going to win usually.

• Upvote (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Arlong said:

How would people feel about kill confirmed in halo? One the biggest complaints regarding team slayer is the lack of Needing to move outside a power weapon or up spawn. One solution to this is simply quick spawns like CE, but these aren’t completely ideal without a strong utility. But let’s say the h5 pistol is still the utility, same TTK and everything, same power up and timing, what now? Kill confirmed as far as I’m concerned forces movement and in halo this be great. Now with the potential for kill denial I say the score should be 30. Within coordinated teams confirms be denied constantly. So this wouldn’t be half bad to me. 
there’s also a higher chance for say a comeback than one when a team is in the 40s and one is in 20s. It’s a dead giveaway who’s going to win usually.

head hunter but without the zones? sure

6 minutes ago, znot said:

head hunter but without the zones? sure

Technically yeah, but headhunter is still different. Or we should have that mode in bo4 where it’s a mix of koth and tdm, with limited lives(it’s a round base mode I’ll add) gotta say cod comes up with amazing competitive modes. 

40 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Technically yeah, but headhunter is still different. Or we should have that mode in bo4 where it’s a mix of koth and tdm, with limited lives(it’s a round base mode I’ll add) gotta say cod comes up with amazing competitive modes. 

It's not that different. All that has to be adjusted is the spartan always drops 1 skull/tag and there's no hills to supply the skull to. Skull instantly gives your team a point depending on enemy or teammate skulls.

I wouldn't be surprised if action sack settings could pull this off now.

40 minutes ago, znot said:

It's not that different. All that has to be adjusted is the spartan always drops 1 skull/tag and there's no hills to supply the skull to. Skull instantly gives your team a point depending on enemy or teammate skulls.

I wouldn't be surprised if action sack settings could pull this off now.

I only don’t want the skull because they Bounce.

51 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I only don’t want the skull because they Bounce.

Yeah I think a more Halo approach would be to drop this fucking monster on our dead spartans as a pickup

9d00dcf74caee732b27bbf5b40fab616.png

The controller is a Sandbox Manipulator.  The button layout is designed to allow the player to use as many pieces of the sandbox as he can while keeping his fingers on the combat and movement buttons during an engagement.  

RT - Fire

LT - Scope, Alternate Fire

RB - Throw grenade 

LB - Jump 

A - Armor Ability 1 

B - Armor Ability 2 

X - Reload 

Y - Switch weapons (Hold to drop weapon and equip pistol)

L3 - Crouch 

R3 - Melee 

Up - Cycle grenade types 

Down - Cycle jump modifier 

Left - Cycle crouch modifier 

Right - Cycle melee modifier 

The purpose of the Y button is to modify the function of the Triggers by switching weapons.  The D pad operates in a similar fashion.  Each directional cycles through the available items in that class.  One of those items can then be activated by “fingers on” buttons during combat (Bumpers and Stick Clicks).  

Jump modifiers include Jetpack, Wall Jump, Ground Pound, and Teleport Double Jump.  To activate them, press or hold the Jump button while airborne.  

Crouch modifiers include Armor Lock, Camo, Berserk, and Sphere.  These replace the crouch function while grounded (crouch jumps are still possible).  To activate them, press the crouch button while your feet are on the ground.  

Melee modifiers include the Railgun, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, and Lightblade.  These items replace the melee function entirely.  They are activated with the melee button.  

In multiplayer, players will typically have zero, or at most one modifier so the D pad doesn’t need to be touched (outside of switching grenade types).  In campaign, or custom puzzle maps, players may need to switch between modifiers and the abilities they provide.  The D pad allows that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 12/1/2019 at 7:19 PM, Arlong said:

The default mode control? It's just Rush from Battlefield lol. But yes it is a good mode. 

What's funny is that Treyarch directly ripped off Headhunter in Bo3 with their DLC mode Fracture. What's even more funny is when they brought it back in Bo4 and called Stockpile for some reason.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Cod also had kill confirmed with mw3 after reach had headhunter.

What an underrated CoD, honestly. To go off topic for a second. 

18 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

The default mode control? It's just Rush from Battlefield lol. But yes it is a good mode. 

I don’t play BF, so never knew that was a thing 

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

Now it is but back in the day all the way to 2013 even my entire social sphere pretty much deemed Mw3 in a better light than black ops 2 especially it had more maps and guns people around me liked. MW3 was essentially the biggest launch of all time ridng the hype if mw2 and everyone was insane about it in 2011 and still played it in 2012 people used to bitch about black ops 2 spawns and maps like crazy back in the day my friend used to have a conniption over Bo1 map design even tho he kept playing it because the assault rifles felt good Black ops was always the goofy circus cod for gun game and zombies and everyone actually took modern warfare more seriously as a dedicated game would spend half of days at a time on weekends just stairing at their screen. I remember the Black ops 2 launch and my entire xbox live was complaining about spawns. people didnt start settling for BO2 until basically before Ghosts came out. late 2013 ish. nowadays the Internet tries to claim black ops 1 and 2 were like Platinum and that Modern Warfare 3 never existed. not exactly how it happened in my reality. i also liked custom infected lobbies more than zombies. i feel like 2013/2014 is when zombies really started bandwagoning but not as much before. but now bunches of kids view zombies and neon colorful maps as cod staple.

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

You misspelled overrated. 

17 minutes ago, Hully said:

You misspelled overrated. 

Really? I know a lot of people who really didn’t like it at all for essentially being an MW2 clone but worse. 

13 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Really? I know a lot of people who really didn’t like it at all for essentially being an MW2 clone but worse. 

Pretty much. It was basically MW2 but with worse maps, weapons, a much duller color palette, and super OP snaking. It was even dropped from the pro circuit. IMO it was the worst CoD title since CoD3. Now obviously comparing it to the jetpack era, and even recent BOTG games like WWII and Modern Warfare it starts to look a lot better by comparison. That being said, at the time, I absolutely hated it.

• Like (+1) 2