Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It launched in November, and the big patch came out in like April. Bullshit no one noticed. That game was a fucking travesty when it came out. Y’all must not remember November 04. Anyone that played H1 MP even a moderate amount was upset with how the game changed so drastically. There was a lot of discontent. The reason that period isn’t remembered that way was because those people were severely outnumbered by campaign kids, BG CTF kids that played MP twice in their life, and kids brand new to the series that were drawn in by the unprecedented hype for H2. But make no mistake, H2 sucked shit when it launched, both from a balance standpoint AND a settings standpoint. It’s fondly remembered now because they saved the game with a massive patch 6 months after release.

I remember 6 melee's with a BR to kill.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

I remember talking about this when halo 4 was out and without a patch for a number of months. Shout-out to that crisp boltshot and weakass br.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I remember talking about this when halo 4 was out and without a patch for a number of months. Shout-out to that crisp boltshot and weakass br.

The 5sk BR.  It’s like they intentionally try to go against the grain for no other reason than it’s their idea.  Who could have possibly thought that was a good idea?  “We took something iconic that you love and made it shit” should be their slogan.  

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The 5sk BR.  It’s like they intentionally try to go against the grain for no other reason than it’s their idea.  Who could have possibly thought that was a good idea?  “We took something iconic that you love and made it shit” should be their slogan.  

It was extra shit because the dmr straight up had a faster kill time. It was also more accurate and had a better zoom and red reticle range. It was better in every way and they thought that was "balanced."

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Let’s say Spartans never drop their Magnum, only holster it when other weapons are picked up.  Picking up an Energy Sword would equip the blade in your spartan’s Left hand, activated by the Melee button, with the Magnum in his right hand, operated by the triggers.  

The Energy Sword would behave as it always has, lunging at a proximate targeted enemy when activated but the user would also be able to fire his utility weapon in between.  

Would Swognum improve gameplay? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Let’s say Spartans never drop their Magnum, only holster it when other weapons are picked up.  Picking up an Energy Sword would equip the blade in your spartan’s Left hand, activated by the Melee button, with the Magnum in his right hand, operated by the triggers.  

The Energy Sword would behave as it always has, lunging at a proximate targeted enemy when activated but the user would also be able to fire his utility weapon in between.  

Would Swognum improve gameplay? 

I feel that’s just op, at that point. 

Share this post


Link to post

There are three unique pick ups that are activated by buttons with existing functions.  Each has a limited amount of use/s before being depleted and removed from the user’s inventory.  

Jetpack is activated by holding the Jump button while airborne.  

Energy Sword is activated with the Melee button.  

Compressor is activated with the Crouch button.  

The Jetpack increases the user’s upward movement speed while airborne.  

The Energy Sword increases the user’s melee damage and lunge distance.  The blade stays equipped in the spartan’s Left hand, independent of the equipped primary weapon in the right hand.  Dual wielding does not disable grenade throwing.  

Once picked up, the Compressor disables standard crouch behavior.  Instead, the Crouch button turns the user’s player model into a small ball (~1/3 Spartan height) that can roll in any direction but not attack.  Running out of fuel in a small space kills the player when he automatically grows back to full size.  

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Boyo said:

There are three unique pick ups that are activated by buttons with existing functions.  Each has a limited amount of use/s before being depleted and removed from the user’s inventory.  

Jetpack is activated by holding the Jump button while airborne.  

Energy Sword is activated with the Melee button.  

Compressor is activated with the Crouch button.  

The Jetpack increases the user’s upward movement speed while airborne.  

The Energy Sword increases the user’s melee damage and lunge distance.  The blade stays equipped in the spartan’s Left hand, independent of the equipped primary weapon in the right hand.  Dual wielding does not disable grenade throwing.  

Once picked up, the Compressor disables standard crouch behavior.  Instead, the Crouch button turns the user’s player model into a small ball (~1/3 Spartan height) that can roll in any direction but not attack.  Running out of fuel in a small space kills the player when he automatically grows back to full size.  

So would this jet pack be similar to splitgates? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Arlong said:

So would this jet pack be similar to splitgates? 

What do you like about Splitgate’s Jetpack?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you like about Splitgate’s Jetpack?

Simply the fact all it’s used for is maybe a higher altitude point. It’s not like h4&reach jet pack that allows you to break map control. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Compressor can enter certain Forerunner statues/sculptures to bring them to life.  While inside, the player operates the golem, moving and attacking.  When the player exits, the golem returns to statue form.  

Campaign could feature a mini boss fight where you control a gigantic statue to box some giant enemy to death then grab a ship as it’s taking off.  

Maps could feature Pipes in the walls that the player could enter in Compressor form.  These Pipes would act as shortcuts between rooms/areas.  

The Compressor is like Sprint in that the player trades his ability to attack for something, in this case a smaller player model.  Where Sprint was the gateway to abilities like Spartan Charge, Compressor is the gateway to abilities like golem control and pipe travel.  

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Each species has a Jump modifier, a Melee modifier, and a Crouch modifier.  Some of these items are treated as pick ups in parts of multiplayer.  

 

Jump Modifier 

Spartan - Jetpack - hold to increase upward movement speed 

Elite - Wall Kick - situational upward and horizontal boost 

Brute - Ground Strike - instant Ground Pound with no secondary reticle 

Promethean - T-Boost - teleport double jump 

 

Melee Modifier 

Spartan - Combat Knife - hold to assassinate from behind 

Elite - Energy Sword - lunge 

Brute - Gravity Hammer - splash damage and knockback 

Promethean - Light Blade - begins shield recharge, disintegration on kill 

 

Crouch Modifier 

Spartan - Armor Lock - temporary invincibility immobility and reduced size player model, destroys fast moving vehicles on impact 

Elite - Camo - temporary invisibility while stationary, weak Camo while crouch walking 

Brute - Berserk - temporarily reduced size player model, head shielded by hand, increased damage resistance to bodyshots, increased movement speed, melee attacks only 

Promethean - Compressor - temporarily reduced size player model, attack disabled

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Boyo said:

Each species has a Jump modifier, a Melee modifier, and a Crouch modifier.  Some of these items are treated as pick ups in parts of multiplayer.  

 

Jump Modifier 

Spartan - Jetpack - hold to increase upward movement speed 

Elite - Wall Kick - situational upward and horizontal boost 

Brute - Ground Strike - instant Ground Pound with no secondary reticle 

Promethean - T-Boost - teleport double jump 

 

Melee Modifier 

Spartan - Combat Knife - hold to assassinate from behind 

Elite - Energy Sword - lunge 

Brute - Gravity Hammer - splash damage and knockback 

Promethean - Light Blade - begins shield recharge, disintegration on kill 

 

Crouch Modifier 

Spartan - Armor Lock - temporary invincibility immobility and reduced size player model, destroys fast moving vehicles on impact 

Elite - Camo - temporary invisibility while stationary, weak Camo while crouch walking 

Brute - Berserk - temporarily reduced size player model, head shielded by hand, increased damage resistance to bodyshots, increased movement speed, melee attacks only 

Promethean - Compressor - temporarily reduced size player model, attack disabled

what are you doing?

 

JauntyDirtyDegus.gif

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

I hope none of the ideas on this page come in halo infinite lol no offense

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just want to run around and BR in this armor

350px-HI_E3_2019_Trailer_John_117.PNG

 

Imagine it... You're on the 7th Midship remake, colors are on point, geometry is on point, BR is on point...

You're in the heat of battle! Beads of sweat dripping down your face and onto your input device of choice, you can feel it. You have this fight in your pocket!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

217f7a47f82fe89cfede01cd0e81925e.png

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, Arlong said:

I’ll say it again it was fine in btb and Warzone. But not 4v4. 

Fucking Eww

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The fact that aiming in pc halo RN is utter garbage still, the fact they can’t simply grow a pair and ASK another company to help out in that regard is bs. Heck’s ask blizzard or someone. OW is a hip fire only game so who ever coded that games aiming knows what they’re doing. 

Share this post


Link to post

Idk why sprint would be fine in BTB? Because their maps are just wide open areas that kinda suck?
Seriously if you make good BTB maps they will suffer from the same running away problems as 4v4 maps do, currently you might not notice that much of it because the BTB maps in the recent games hardly have interesting geometry for combat, guess 343 thinks BTB maps have to feel like you are playing Battlefield...

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

why sprint would be fine in BTB?

BTB has vehicles.  Vehicles require roads.  Sprint helps infantry cross the road.  

Share this post


Link to post

Sprint is just as harmful in BTB.  I'd actually say more harmful that something like 2v2 because if a dude runs away in 8v8 there's a 100% chance you're going to get bait-n-switched if you chase after him. Yay run or gun gameplay.

Plus it also adds another variable to the infantry-vehicle balance which has been awful as is in all the recent games. How to do balance a vehicle if people can just fly across the map and board you? You need to buff it. Oh now it completely melts people who are just running normally. Hmm, let's add more lazy cover all over the map and create a maze of swiss cheese. But now people can easily hide behind a rock and board you. Hmm, let's make dedicated vehicle sections that are void of cover and totally useless for infantry combat. And that is how the BTB maps in Reach, H4 and the WZ in H5 came to be.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Boyo said:

BTB has vehicles.  Vehicles require roads.  Sprint helps infantry cross the road.  

Vehicles don't require a massive amount of space tbh and even if you want to go with open maps I never felt like I need a sprint button on H3 Standoff for example and that map has a lot of warthog action going on. So yeah I just don't see it, it still breaks all the areas that are not very open of your map because people abuse it to get away, just view the infantry combat areas of BTB maps like small sections that use geometry similar to 2v2, 4v4 etc. maps.
 

Plenty of BTB maps in H2 and H3 work perfectly fine without sprint, now ask yourself this question:
Would they play better or worse if you added sprint?

I think the answer to that is rather clear...
Kinda tired of this lazy excuse that BTB has huge maps so you must have sprint, just because the maps in HR, H4 and H5 are designed with sprint in mind doesn't mean you can't apply another design philosophy to BTB maps and make them work just like they did in H2/H3.
Honestly I feel like most people here who say sprint is bad for 4v4 but okay for BTB just don't really care for BTB so they give no fucks and feel like this "they can keep it in BTB and Warzone" argument is closer to some sort of compromise to remove sprint from smaller modes...

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.