CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The first two generations of Pokemon are the only good ones. Gen 3 is tolerable and everything since is garbage.

I still play comp GSC from time to time. Shit's fun as hell. 

17 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay, so, to both of you. You and someone are across the map from one another. You're not engaging in a fight, you just see someone walking to the right of your FoV. You fire, leading ahead of them. In between the time where the projectile comes out of the gun and hits the enemy, they get occupied by a more near engagement, and reverse course, stepping back half a foot, and walking out of your bullet's path as it hits the wall behind them. How is that something you can compensate for when you're relying on the enemy's unknown (to you) movement patterns to determine whether or not you hit them. You can't entirely compensate for unknown factors. You'll only know results in hindsight, after you fire, not before. That's just inconsistent. And out of your control.

On top of that, you're essentially rewarding people for aiming off target, and also to lead on a game with aim assist. Why do we wanna enforce that knowing the above.

Point more so is, you can make cross mapping harder without making your fights more random or inconsistent. Just make the AA range shorter. IF you wanna gimp your players that is. Halo 5's pistol is the most consistent utility weapon we've ever had and people can't crossmap with it, and the RRR happens to be perfect for not being absolutely lasered by kids across the map from you, even on Arena maps, while being able to provide enough range for most engagements so you're not constantly within shitting distance of one another.

Did I ever say you can compensate people moving around when you shoot them with projectiles? No.
Sure you can lead your shot but it's still following the path you gave it and if he doesn't walk into it then it won't hit, that's basically what I would want to make the starting weapon not too good for long range. And no it is not inconsistent, just because emenies can move around and you cannot know exactly how projectile weapons can still be 100% consistent themselves.

Am I rewarding people for aiming off target? On long range maybe, and obv the RRR has to be adjusted so aim assist wouldn't mess up leading shots, but for close range and RRR projectiles can be fast enough to where aiming on target is totally viable, maybe you can aim on the target but more towards the direction it is moving but I wouldn't go with H3 snail BR speed.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:53 PM, Arlong said:

@Apoll0 gamers love shooters and love games with moderate big maps. Getting cross mapped isn’t something like. So games add bloom or RNG spread which pisses off skilled players. Recoil is the best solution because it’s effective but is controllable. 

uhhh... recoil is just one option in a toolbox that is loaded with options to control that.

• Projectile
  • Damage falloff
  • bullet drop
  • Hitboxes
  • Aim assist
  • Bullet magnetism

But honestly you don't even need most of that.  Just a quick projectile coupled with an aiming system that has minimal bullet magnetism and aim assist is enough to control weapon range.  Even hitscan doesn't need to be stupid if you just control the bullet magnetism.  The problem is modern games want to hold players hands throughout the entire sandbox instead of just with the low-medium damage, easy to use training wheel weapons.  Aim assist and bullet magnetism are clearly the 2 biggest offenders when it comes to compressing the shooting skill gap and a lot of games have them turned up to 11, with the last 2 Halo games being some of the worst offenders.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Basu said:

I still play comp GSC from time to time. Shit's fun as hell. 

How do you stand restTalk and types being tied to physical and special?

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

How do you stand restTalk and types being tied to physical and special?

I'm a GSC kid so I don't mind the physical/special because it's how I grew up I guess? The split is definitely the better way to go but I don't mind its absence. Resttalk and leftovers nonsense is really annoying though, matches going more than 50 turns just shouldn't be a thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Projectile is better than hitscan. 

It literally nerfs the primary weapon at long ranges. You know so people can't sit way back and cross map easily

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Shekkles said:

You will never know because he's with the Coopers now.

Who the fuck are coopers? Sly cooper? 

• Salt (-1) 1

20 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Hey, there's at least one Saint here, and I heard he's making a video game or something.

And who would that be? And what type of game? 

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Who the fuck are coopers? Sly cooper? 

Cooper is the ghost of shitposting past.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

There. is. no. fucking. compromise. for. sprint

Theres been three fucking different iterations of that shit dick mechanic and none of them have worked at all.

I’ll say it again it was fine in btb and Warzone. But not 4v4. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

7 minutes ago, Arlong said:

That’s why Sprint needs to be an Armor Ability and not a base movement ability.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Again, BTB map designed for no Sprint =/= Sprint on that map works just because it's big.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I certainly wouldn't say that sprint is fine in BTB. Less noticeable sure, but not fine. A lot of the best H2 and H3 BTB maps would play like shit with sprint, which is why even in BTB, map design has suffered in the sprint era. Warzone was a mess from the get go, so I don't even know if sprint was a major issue.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

Again, BTB map designed for no Sprint =/= Sprint on that map works just because it's big.

And is this a problem? Understand the sprint people exist! People only want sprint in btb or Warzone. Plenty of btb maps in h1-3 would play better with sprint. 

• Downvote (-1) 8
  • WutFace (+0) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

9 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

There. is. no. fucking. compromise. for. sprint

Theres been three fucking different iterations of that shit dick mechanic and none of them have worked at all.

CSGOOOO, small weapons drawn let us walk 5% faster. rockets, snipe, br, dmr, are all normal speed.

but no one liked that. I think its the most non intrusive but at that point it's not really sprint. It's just base speed increased with a different weapon. 

Yeah no compromise as long as there's any kind of animation and gun lowering.

Someone else suggested sprint tied to shields. So you lose shields when you sprint, but i'm sure people would still have "get out of jail free" moments with that too. Plus any difference in movement speed makes the game unpredictable, one movement speed is best. Leave the extra variable out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

FvMpAN3.jpg

I love seeing stuff like this. Its amazing to me how many people can't tell the difference between vocal minorities and a vast exodus of the player base when something is just bad. Its like they think if they see someone complaining its automatically the same as the other time someone complained 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I love seeing stuff like this. Its amazing to me how many people can't tell the difference between vocal minorities and a vast exodus of the player base when something is just bad. Its like they think if they see someone complaining its automatically the same as the other time someone complained 

Halo 2 was so hated that it stayed #1 on XBL from the day it came out until the day the servers were shut down. So hated that it started the golden era of MLG ten years before most people could even spell eSports. So hated that people cried for a remake for ten years and when they got delivered a turd still liked it better than the two mainline games that came before and the one after. Yes H2 was terrible but you millenials wouldn't understand. 

• Like (+1) 8

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

And is this a problem? Understand the sprint people exist! People only want sprint in btb or Warzone. Plenty of btb maps in h1-3 would play better with sprint. 

Plenty of BTB maps in those games would play better if they weren't shit maps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

As much as Projectile is a great equalizer for PC and Console players, I have no faith in 343 being able to create a consistent netcode akin to Battlefield or Apex Legends. Hitscan can be mitigated correctly with aim assist and bullet magnetism tuned accordingly, and to me, that seems much easier to work with in the case of 343 trying to figure out how to make a decent sandbox.

However, this all won't matter if the game is yet again a failure. Guess we'll see!

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 11/11/2019 at 12:16 AM, Arlong said:

I’m human shit.

He said it, not me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

The Triforce power up allows the player to activate one of three modifiers with Left, Right, or Down on the D-pad.  

A weapon enhancer, a melee enhancer, or a grenade enhancer.  

Power Glove provides a damage boost or unique enhancement for each weapon.  

Energy Sword increases melee damage and lunge distance.  

Hand Cannon fires a 2 shot kill Concussion Rifle with the Grenade button (holding RB causes the projectile to become laser guided, moving in the direction of the user’s reticle while simultaneously dropping over distance).  

You either get a glowing weapon in your right hand, a glowing sword that grows out of your left arm, or a glowing tube around your left hand.  

• Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

The Triforce power up allows the player to activate one of three modifiers with Left, Right, or Down on the D-pad.  

A weapon enhancer, a melee enhancer, or a grenade enhancer.  

Power Glove provides a damage boost or unique enhancement for each weapon.  

Energy Sword increases melee damage and lunge distance.  

Hand Cannon fires a 2 shot kill Concussion Rifle with the Grenade button (holding RB causes the projectile to become laser guided, moving in the direction of the user’s reticle while simultaneously dropping over distance).  

You either get a glowing weapon in your right hand, a glowing sword that grows out of your left arm, or a glowing tube around your left hand.  

A lot of this just sounds like power weapons with extra steps. 

7 minutes ago, Hully said:

A lot of this just sounds like power weapons with extra steps. 

Power weapons occupy the primary weapon slot.  These don’t.  The Energy Sword is activated by the Melee button and the Hand Cannon is activated by the Grenade button.  They are power weapons that don’t take away your utility weapon (or whatever weapon you have equipped).  Basically, you get to dual wield a Sword or Conc Rifle.