CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Do you think the Mantis would be more palatable if the operator was exposed on top?  Perhaps it has a small, non recharging bubble shield on top to initially afford him some protection?

tumblr_ppdu1irhD51y75jldo1_500.gif

Actually a fairly solid idea. It would still feel like shit to use because of it's weak-ass weapons and general slowness but at least it wouldn't be such a chore to fight against.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Actually a fairly solid idea. It would still feel like shit to use because of it's weak-ass weapons and general slowness but at least it wouldn't be such a chore to fight against.

It would then need to be buffed because we’d just have the issue with the warthog gunner being too easy to kill 

21 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It would then need to be buffed because we’d just have the issue with the warthog gunner being too easy to kill 

How would you buff an open top Mantis?  Health, firepower, movement, other abilities?

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

How would you buff an open top Mantis?  Health, firepower, movement, other abilities?

Press a button and the mantis flips the driver inside to regain his shields, then will flip in back out when his shields are regaining/ or regen. Vehicle still takes its own damage however.

giphy.gif

Nah.... Maybe have a bubble shield type window around the top that can be broken with enough firepower? Like a jackel shield?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@znot

I try to stay away from defensive abilities like hiding to regain shields. 

If Prometheans had the equivalent of a mech, how do you think it would behave?

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

@znot

I try to stay away from defensive abilities like hiding to regain shields. 

If Prometheans had the equivalent of a mech, how do you think it would behave?

Like a Destiny boss. Chase you, when you get it weak enough, it makes a cool stance and starts glowing to regen it's shields/health, but at the same time it's at  it's most vulnerable.

Maybe when it does go into stance you can slowly knock off bits and bobs of it and take it down.

Cause bungie does stuff right. well at least people want to play their games, I should say...

• Upvote (+1) 2

What do you think about a ground vehicle where the operator can decouple a portion of it to become a smaller, aerial vehicle?

latest?cb=20120727194349

The Eggmobile is a two man ground vehicle with a driver and a gunner.  The driver maneuvers the vehicle and operates a forward weapon.  LT quickly accelerates forward, RT fires the forward weapon (cannot be performed simultaneously).  

The gunner stands inside of the turret which is a hollow sphere with an open top that covers the lower half of his body.  The turret is not physically connected to the rest of the vehicle but is held to it by some force represented by a blue glow between the two.  LT decouples the turret from the vehicle, causing it to independently hover above the ground (about the height of a Warthog).  

LS moves the hovering sphere turret in the given direction.  RT fires the turret.  LT opens a black hole like pit beneath the turret that quickly shrinks down to a single point before disappearing.  The Bumpers thrust the turret left or right.  

If the turret comes into close proximity of the main vehicle, it will automatically recouple with it, removing its ability to travel independently.  

8 hours ago, Boyo said:

Faster movement, damage, and that’s it.

Vehicles that are easily killed or the gunner is, really aren’t favored well in halo. I thought h5 vehicle balance was great in the sense high power but low armor, to the point where two - three people could kill them. 

On 10/29/2019 at 9:55 PM, Shekkles said:

I want to agree with you but like... what do we talk about? There's zero information. If it gets heated I'll cull it down but it's just basic debate.

Big True

On 10/30/2019 at 2:31 AM, MultiLockOn said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that titsnfall failed because the game has fundamentally sucks. It sold fine, just didn't hold any players. 

Also comparing the general sales of 2 different products is not a good way to deny quality, aka CoD sells a lot and is bad therefore Halos declining numbers aren't indicative of anything. The theme and general presentation of your game will generally determine what your total possible outreach might be, and within that you can better judge how your quality stands. Call of duty is usually a grounded modern military shooter, halo is a stylized sci fi shooter. Just by that premise ALONE call of duty has unbelievably greater reach than Halo ever could. What you can do pretty easily is look at the sales numbers within the franchise sequels, or more accurately reference the player retention. Halo 5 hasn't done too hot on either front.

Cods sales and player retention shattered between infinite warfare and WW2. That should imply those are bad games. 

Titanfall sold a lot (generally speaking) and had garbage retention. 

Based. Titan Fall is an ADHD Sightline Meuseum

Was digging through some nostalgia and found this!

1gvcvPN.png

Can't wait for Infinite!!

Also  found this, can't forget they used this image below when discussing Halo 4's mechanics. 

lPYuuKQ.png

hahahahah

"historically Halo has been very hardcore and it's had a very steep learning curve that's turned off a lot of new players."

THANK GOD he's gone!

A real treat is watching a Bungie GDC talk, this dude literally talked for a half hour about changing the time between shots of the sniper for h3. Talked about the floatyness and how well shots will look for montages on youtube because of their animations and physics. etc. Bungie was ahead.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

The Promethean close quarters weapon is the Eneloop.  RT fires a three round burst of projectiles that travel along a short, egg-shaped loop; first up and away from the weapon, then down and back toward the weapon.  Although the projectiles do not travel far, they do pass through walls, allowing the user to “prefire” corners.  Ammo count is not reduced unless an enemy is impacted.  3 hits kill in 0.3 seconds (with an additional 0.15 second fire delay before the next burst can be fired).  

Holding then releasing LT fires projectiles with a longer range and wider area of effect than primary fire.  3 projectiles, all fired at the same time, travel away from the weapon on identical parabolic arcs angled towards 90, 225, and 315 degrees.  When the 3 projectiles meet, they combine into one larger projectile and near instantly travel back to the weapon, killing any players struck by it.  Alt fire consumes 33% of the total ammo and immediately overheats the weapon. 

What are your realistic expectations on when we'll see gameplay videos of Infinite and when insider flighting will begin? I know they've talked about Infinite going through a similar flighting process as MCC and I know the release is scheduled for 2020 holidays. Halo 5 beta was about a year before release, but of course Infinite flighting is going to be different.

54 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

What are your realistic expectations on when we'll see gameplay videos of Infinite and when insider flighting will begin? I know they've talked about Infinite going through a similar flighting process as MCC and I know the release is scheduled for 2020 holidays. Halo 5 beta was about a year before release, but of course Infinite flighting is going to be different.

My most realistic guess is "coming soon."

10 hours ago, timeforkoalas said:

I say a couple months before e3 or after 

Thinking possibly gameplay at X019. 18th Anniversary of CE/Halo falls in the middle of the event so I imagine they'll mention it, and what better way to do so than segue into "look at our new game 18 years after the journey started etc etc blah blah blah" it has sprint

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

If your goal was to make the detached human turret a competitively viable weapon, how would it behave?

13 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If your goal was to make the detached human turret a competitively viable weapon, how would it behave?

I'm not sure about competitively viable, but at the very least make it first person and remove or reduce the movement penalty, same goes for the flamethrower. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Stop thinking every weapon needs to be good for competitive 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

I never liked the "detachable" aspect. Turns it from a good anti-vehicle and base-defense tool into a cheesy weapon for camping douchebags.

So make it non, detachable, keep the ramp-up time, make it overheat after constant fire, give it some recoil and make it loud as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mow said:

I'm not sure about competitively viable, but at the very least make it first person and remove or reduce the movement penalty, same goes for the flamethrower. 

I agree with first person view and no movement penalty.  I would treat it like a two handed power weapon (cannot melee or grenade).  I think aim down sights could work on a detached HMG.  A larger Hipfire reticle shrinks to a tight ADS reticle but firing while ADSed momentarily obscures your vision (with muzzle flash and ejecting shells and smoke) since these weapons weren’t meant for aimed handheld firing (but you do it anyway cause you’re a emmer effin Spartan!).  

18 minutes ago, Basu said:

I never liked the "detachable" aspect. Turns it from a good anti-vehicle and base-defense tool into a cheesy weapon for camping douchebags.

So make it non, detachable, keep the ramp-up time, make it overheat after constant fire, give it some recoil and make it loud as fuck.

I agree that there are situations where a non detachable turret is preferable.  Do you think that something like a Shade Turret could satisfy the non detachable turret role while the HMG remains a hybrid turret/hand weapon?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I agree with first person view and no movement penalty.  I would treat it like a two handed power weapon (cannot melee or grenade).  I think aim down sights could work on a detached HMG.  A larger Hipfire reticle shrinks to a tight ADS reticle but firing while ADSed momentarily obscures your vision (with muzzle flash and ejecting shells and smoke) since these weapons weren’t meant for aimed handheld firing (but you do it anyway cause you’re a emmer effin Spartan!).  

How about the ADS perhaps slowing your movement speed as a trade off for a tighter spread? Also I agree with treating it like a two handed power weapon, I think I've mentioned this in the past but I can imagine a first person turret in Halo acting in a similar way as the sentinel beam has in the past, shooting bullets at a high rate of fire in a thin line, I think it should also overheat too after a certain amount of sustained fire like the sentinel beam.

• Upvote (+1) 1