CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Just because someone does something professionally does not mean that they're good at it. Or that they're above reproach.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

On 10/29/2019 at 6:16 PM, Stoppabl3 said:

Are you sure about that?

- Halo 3 sales 11.87 million 

- Halo 5 sales 5 million 

Reminds me, I bought Halo 5 used to not give them a sale. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like Fortnite more than Halo 4 and Halo 5. I don't really play either, but were I to start playing a game again competitively it would be Fortnite. For the most part it doesn't have anything to do with the big maps, the amount of players, or the fact that you can gather things and build with them.

* The aiming feels smooth

* Unfortunately you have sprint, but but whenever you pull up your weapon it feels instant. There isn't this delay like in Halo 4 and 5.

* You can't sprint up to someone, pummel them once and then deplete all their shields

* I said this many years ago but a fast paced game isn't a selling point. It isn't what attracts players. You need to give players something to do, whether you just died, or is wandering alone trying to find players - That is what actually sells. Involvement, at all times. Halo 5 has long open boring maps with nothing to do when you are looking for other players. In fortnite you'll gather resources, while in the older Halo games the maps are smaller so you'll find enemies pretty easily for the most part (Or if the maps are linear and it is only one way to go).

Obviously, when you are getting better at the game you will learn where players are at all times, what you should do, and shouldn't do during the cycle of a game. A dead player in a high level game will won't twiddle their thumbs waiting to respawn, but will instead call out and help their teammates scout for enemies, but a beginner player will, they will put their hands up on their chin, let out a big yawn, and wait to respawn.

* Obviously building is a huge part of the meta in fortnite when battling another player. Winning a battle against another player doesn't feel cheap. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

34 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

in the older Halo games the maps are smaller so you'll find enemies pretty easily

3 hours ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

Reminds me, I bought Halo 5 used to not give them a sale. 

Same lol. I'd rather support a shitty company like gamestop than 343/MS at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had so many great games in H3 on MCC, but when I turned on my xbox a few days after a 2 hour period is missing?

I got the games saved from 09pm to 11pm, and then it skips all the games from 11pm to 2 am. 

sure this is probably been talked about but I'm REALLY worried about Halo Infinite's launch

• Halo 5 had an established engine and launched with nothing... Oddball wasn't added to H5 until 2017
  • Forge didn't come until a month or so later? (worth the wait however)
  • Didn't launch with big team battle
  • Does Halo 5 even have KOTH now?
  • So you're going to make a new engine AND have content by launch when H5 didn't even do that with an established engine and crew?
  • OH did I forget to mention it has to run on base xbox one hardware? as if H5 didn't look bad enough AND it cut splitscreen on top of that. Imagine how bad infinite will look to make it playable on xbox one and include splitscreen at the same time...

KK8IkbL.jpg

(does xbox one X look any better? genuinely asking)

• Producer leaves "but we shouldn't worry because producers only make sure devs have what they need to reach deadlines" guess deadlines don't matter anymore. Or having resources to make deadlines.
  • I know a lot of the people have been there for a while, and no one likes to be stuck working on the same thing for the rest of their lives, so I get that respect. Just have a sneaking suspicion some of them are leaving to distance themselves from another PR nightmare like MCC was.
  • This game launches next year and we haven't SEEN anything.

Tin foil hat ON!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Wait infinite is still launching on og Xbox ones? Holy smokes..what in the world is MS doing? Why would you release a 2020 next gen game on a nearly a decade old console and erase peoples reason to buy your new one?

I literally don’t have to give MS any additional money to play infinite 😂. I already have game pass, so I’ll be able to play it day one on my dusty old Xbone in fall 2020. Hope they make up that 500 million dollar budget, not looking hot so far. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Wait infinite is still launching on og Xbox ones? Holy smokes..what in the world is MS doing? Why would you release a 2020 next gen game on a nearly a decade old console and erase peoples reason to buy your new one?

😂

Because they know the franchise is in the shitter (and I'm sure they blame everyone but themselves), and the amount of people willing to buy a new console primarily for Halo nowadays isn't anywhere near what it was even 5-6 ago, let alone when the series in its prime.

• Like (+1) 2

Consoles are just shit tier PCs at this point. Seeing as how the game is going to launch on PC and run on variable hardware I doubt its hard to just lower graphical options until it runs on an X1. They're literally selling you hardware upgrades for the same console generation at this point lol

• Like (+1) 3

I wouldn't read into people leaving the studio. Developers come and go all the time it's normal, Halo fans just like to stalk linkedin and publicize every little thing. 

Halo 5's texture work looks like the audio testing room from Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I wouldn't read into people leaving the studio. Developers come and go all the time it's normal, Halo fans just like to stalk linkedin and publicize every little thing. 

Didn't happen here but I remember some people hyping up that infinity ward picked up a lot of Titanfall devs before mw came out.

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Do main DEVS leave all the time though? You don’t hear about stuff like that happening at companies like blizzard or ea(I know a couple at blizzard had left because they felt it changed for the worse I’ll add) . This worries US the player because we keep hearing “lead” dev leaving and it makes us think this game is screwed.

ok at EA it does happen but that’s because of shitty practices from my knowledge. 

it just really looks bad, especially since we’re 1 year away from release. Like why are lead devs leaving so late in the game? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Do main DEVS leave all the time though? You don’t hear about stuff like that happening at companies like blizzard or ea(I know a couple at blizzard had left because they felt it changed for the worse I’ll add) . This worries US the player because we keep hearing “lead” dev leaving and it makes us think this game is screwed.

ok at EA it does happen but that’s because of shitty practices from my knowledge. 

it just really looks bad, especially since we’re 1 year away from release. Like why are lead devs leaving so late in the game? 

Holinka (WoW’s PvP dev) left the company in 2017. Rejoined the company in 2018 as lead combat designer. Outside of a few dedicated sites like mmorpg.com it never really made gaming news like IGN or Kotaku (as far as I could find with a 5 second google search at work). 

7 hours ago, Nokt said:

Holinka (WoW’s PvP dev) left the company in 2017. Rejoined the company in 2018 as lead combat designer. Outside of a few dedicated sites like mmorpg.com it never really made gaming news like IGN or Kotaku (as far as I could find with a 5 second google search at work). 

mmo-champion/Blizzard themselves post up threads for high profile devs leaving every few months at Blizzard for the past like 5 or 6 years. Just like how Mike Ybarra recently quit being corporate vice president of gaming at Microsoft and joined Blizzard. Other notable departures like Ghostcrawler/Greg Street leaving towards the end of WoD development to go work for riot come to mind. It should be noted that WoD was pretty much the worst received and least played WoW expansion ever. Perhaps the current one will be considered worse when its said and done though.

9 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

mmo-champion/Blizzard themselves post up threads for high profile devs leaving every few months at Blizzard for the past like 5 or 6 years. Just like how Mike Ybarra recently quit being corporate vice president of gaming at Microsoft and joined Blizzard. Other notable departures like Ghostcrawler/Greg Street leaving towards the end of WoD development to go work for riot come to mind. It should be noted that WoD was pretty much the worst received and least played WoW expansion ever. Perhaps the current one will be considered worse when its said and done though.

WoD is the only reason I know of that example of Holinka. The class balance in WoD was horrible and future patches didn’t make it any better. I searched for the person in charge of PvP so that I could complain to someone. In retrospect it was not a great idea. 

9 minutes ago, Nokt said:

WoD is the only reason I know of that example of Holinka. The class balance in WoD was horrible and future patches didn’t make it any better. I searched for the person in charge of PvP so that I could complain to someone. In retrospect it was not a great idea. 

Understandable though because that guy is a meme for a reason. He said some really unfortunately dumb things about the game publicly a few times so it looks really bad when the game is doing poorly. Obviously its a team effort but he put himself out there

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

I saw that clip years ago. Wasn't it OGRE 2?

Nah just some random reddit post that everyone nutted over bc they didn't know you could do that in H1. It's actually a fairly common play. There's all kinds of cool shit you can do in that game.

If you want to see Ogre 2 bust out some nutty nade tricks, see if you can find the one on Dammy where he double-nades rockets up to camo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 3

Do you think the Mantis would be more palatable if the operator was exposed on top?  Perhaps it has a small, non recharging bubble shield on top to initially afford him some protection?

tumblr_ppdu1irhD51y75jldo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Do you think the Mantis would be more palatable if the operator was exposed on top?  Perhaps it has a small, non recharging bubble shield on top to initially afford him some protection?

tumblr_ppdu1irhD51y75jldo1_500.gif

Nah, just bring back frontal boarding. The mantis became so op when that was removed.

• Upvote (+1) 1