CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

12 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

To continue off of that, how do people feel about the kill feed? Do we want the new system (Name/Weapon -> Name) or the old one (Name killed Name)

Get rid of head-shot medals and "x killed y with a head shot". Snipes should give head-shot medals only. If you head-shot someone, you KILLED so and so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, znot said:

, Let us run slightly faster with our pistol out

Still the same issue as Sprint as swapping weapons to move faster is functionally the same as lowering your weapon to run faster. Still gonna be caught with your dick out if moving with the pistol out instead of the DMR/BR utility.

23 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

To continue off of that, how do people feel about the kill feed? Do we want the new system (Name/Weapon -> Name) or the old one (Name killed Name)

I would personally restrict it to the "name killed name" format since the weapon icons in H5 give away too much information, if your teammate dies on the other side of the map there is no reason you should know they have rockets or where they have them positioned (unless that person gives you a callout ofc).
Probably not the biggest deal but I dislike the idea of people counting rocket ammo just by looking at the kill feed, multiple kills with a single rocket wouldn't even mess you up doing so since they would pop up at the same time...

• Upvote (+1) 2

And no, the pistol movement speed idea is bad if you ask me, I see it more as "you move slower for not having the pistol out" since I potentially want to move at the highest speed possible to cover distance. Generally having different movement speeds messes with map design, see things like sprint (which has a lot of other secondary influences tbf) or speed boost. Even thinking about "pistol only jumps" or different strafe speeds, please no, that's the last thing Halo needs at this point, maybe Halo should try to be Halo for once instead of taking stuff from other games, they tried it with CoD type loadouts and crap and you saw what happened.
And a mechanic like this doesn't really add anything but clutter, you should use a weapon because of the weapon itself not some artificial stat buff you gain from holding it.

• Like (+1) 1

@znot “Secondary weapons” should not exist in Halo.  Every weapon should be viable and not intentionally designed to be a shittier version of another weapon.  

A player’s equipped weapon should have no effect on his movement speed.  Securing a power weapon should not slow the player down.  

I don’t have anything specifically against different grenade trajectories but there are not enough buttons on the controller to support that.  

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@znot “Secondary weapons” should not exist in Halo.  Every weapon should be viable and not intentionally designed to be a shittier version of another weapon.  

A player’s equipped weapon should have no effect on his movement speed.  Securing a power weapon should not slow the player down.  

I don’t have anything specifically against different grenade trajectories but there are not enough buttons on the controller to support that.  

Fair enough, I'm not really pushing for less damage secondaries, but just any gun small enough. Pistol, noob combo, mauler, bolt shot etc. Also not saying power weapons should slow you down.

52 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

And no, the pistol movement speed idea is bad if you ask me, I see it more as "you move slower for not having the pistol out" since I potentially want to move at the highest speed possible to cover distance. Generally having different movement speeds messes with map design, see things like sprint (which has a lot of other secondary influences tbf) or speed boost. Even thinking about "pistol only jumps" or different strafe speeds, please no, that's the last thing Halo needs at this point, maybe Halo should try to be Halo for once instead of taking stuff from other games, they tried it with CoD type loadouts and crap and you saw what happened.
And a mechanic like this doesn't really add anything but clutter, you should use a weapon because of the weapon itself not some artificial stat buff you gain from holding it.

Just saying that small weapons should maybe give you a 5-10% increase in run speed. That's vanilla H3 to MLG settings. Again fair enough though, very reasonable arguments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, znot said:

Fair enough, I'm not really pushing for less damage secondaries, but just any gun small enough. Pistol, noob combo, mauler, bolt shot etc. Also not saying power weapons should slow you down.

Just saying that small weapons should maybe give you a 5-10% increase in run speed. That's vanilla H3 to MLG settings. Again fair enough though, very reasonable arguments.

Still the same issue as Sprint as swapping weapons to move faster is functionally the same as lowering your weapon to run faster. Still gonna be caught with your dick out if moving with the pistol out instead of the DMR/BR utility.

Unless the pistol is the utility weapon, and using long guns slow you down instead (eg Rocket, Snipes, DMR, BR etc.) 

21 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Unless the pistol is the utility weapon, and using long guns slow you down instead (eg Rocket, Snipes, DMR, BR etc.) 

No it's not. you're switching to a weapon, not an animation of running... You still have freedom to shoot in all directions but you just move 5-10% faster with the pistol. Switching weapons currently isn't an automatic death sentence. Neither is this. It's not a pants down situation, it's completely different. There's no locking you to an animation.

This is literally just pressing Y to go 5-10% faster which is something we already do now in Halo but without the increase in base speed...

The only real problem I see with it, is the same issue with H5. predictability. Any time there is more than one run speed, it can be hard to predict whether they're running full speed or not and when they'll get from point A to point B is a lot harder to judge with that extra variable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Punishing players for picking up on-map weapons does not encourage players to pick up on-map weapons.  Halo should encourage players to pick up on-map weapons.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Punishing players for picking up on-map weapons does not encourage players to pick up on-map weapons.  Halo should encourage players to pick up on-map weapons.  

I may not be understanding this right but Halo has always had the subpar weapons and the go to weapons. Plasma always does more shield damage, less health. And UNSC weapons do both but can clean up the kill faster than plasma after shield break.

I'm not much of a fan of 343's new weapons because they all TEAR. But you could argue that's balanced for the faster mobility to do more damage in a shorter time.

I like Bungie's weapon sandbox where there are shit weapons and god tier weapons. They all serve their roles in different scenarios. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What does any of that have to do with punishing a player for picking up a weapon?

12 hours ago, Basu said:

The thing is he was talking to two pros (I think I remember Bravo being there) and they literally told him yes there are random spawns and he tried to act all smart "no, there were no random spawns in Halo 1". It was the perfect example of 343's smug attitude. I bet there were dozens of people at 343 that told him all of his ideas are pure asscheeks over the years but he simply ignored them because he thinks he knows better.

Okay, but source? Like he asked?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The video has been taken down sadly all I could find is two gamefaq threads linking to it.

Bravo and Kevin Franklin talk Halo 4 Competitive Multiplayer

Bravo just released a 20 minute video with him asking the multiplayer lead, Kevin Franklin, a bunch of questions regarding competitive play. I'm not all the way through the video, so I'm not sure what is said completely, but it's pretty informative so far. enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNGxCbvgoSQ&feature=g-u-u

But honestly do you really need more proof that Franklin had no idea what he was doing all these years? The fact he thought H4 and Breakout were eSports-worthy and that Warzone is the best he could come up with for a large-scale MP mode tells you anything you need to know.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/25/2019 at 11:41 PM, Arlong said:

True, but gamers aren’t exactly honorable, so if they find a way to win or get kills they’ll do whatever. 

Since when is camping about honor?  Its about winning.  If camping is an effective way to play, that's what people will do.  Making maps where camping is simply not effective is of course possible.  If a player chooses to camp on one of those maps anyway, fuck it i don't care since they won't win or do well.

• Like (+1) 6

14 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Ok I’ll leave it that 

• Thonking (+0) 1

14 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Ok I’ll leave it that, no point debating. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

343 needs to implement a spartan company wars playlist. A leader board of which company is superior would be so awesome. Now I think there should be a variety 4s, 2s, and 8v8, and HCS for infinite. You can only party up with members of your company. Each member gets a special emblem depending on their companies ranking. The spartan company system really could of been better if it wasn’t just about getting that helmet which required farming. If 343 adds new armor every month make it so there’s a reward for being the best company such as a skin or armor set. Heck’s these clan recruitment maps in h5 forge are annoying mostly because being in one means jack SHIT! It’s not like a guild(as much as these kids want it to be) in wow where there’s a real good reason to be in one.

10 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

6477374bd78ef7d9b9c19e6e448da5b9.png

First quote is directly from Josh Holmes. And this is clearly snakebit replying... To sum it up, basically he's saying that some pro teams like it, but then when Teambeyond conducted their own polls, it was like a 95% decision to remove it. Meaning the "pros" didn't care for it, but maybe one pro or one pro team did.

Makes it sound like ALL THE PROS liked it, cause it was their new gametype they were TRYING to make us love.

• Like (+1) 3

Lol at 343 removing the vid. 

I dont like the direction of 2019 beyond. 2011-2017 i woulda said have thc/beyong design halo settings but the last month of this thread is alarming at what yall are suggesting or the shit yall sayd youd be okay with. Im about as confident in 343. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Lol at 343 removing the vid. 

I dont like the direction of 2019 beyond. 2011-2017 i woulda said have thc/beyong design halo settings but the last month of this thread is alarming at what yall are suggesting or the shit yall sayd youd be okay with. Im about as confident in 343. 

Lol I think the lack of anything new just has people wildin (this is the only way to describe the last few weeks) with ideas since most of the good takes or suggestions have just been repeated for a decade

11 hours ago, Basu said:

But honestly do you really need more proof that Franklin had no idea what he was doing all these years? The fact he thought H4 and Breakout were eSports-worthy and that Warzone is the best he could come up with for a large-scale MP mode tells you anything you need to know

Sick. All I needed. 

But yeah, I do. Not to be "that person" but don't get an ego and think you know better than someone just because you disagree with their design decisions. Arrogant as hell.

8 hours ago, znot said:

6477374bd78ef7d9b9c19e6e448da5b9.png

First quote is directly from Josh Holmes. And this is clearly snakebit replying... To sum it up, basically he's saying that some pro teams like it, but then when Teambeyond conducted their own polls, it was like a 95% decision to remove it. Meaning the "pros" didn't care for it, but maybe one pro or one pro team did.

Makes it sound like ALL THE PROS liked it, cause it was their new gametype they were TRYING to make us love.

Had nothing to do with what I was asking for a source for.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Had nothing to do with what I was asking for a source for.

They posted the source to what I was talking about a few pages ago lol

6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

He posted the source to what I was talking about a few pages ago lol

Yeah, which wasn't what I was asking for a source for.

• Salt (-1) 2

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, which wasn't what I was asking for a source for.

I know. You've confused them with your basic questions.