CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

True, but gamers aren’t exactly honorable, so if they find a way to win or get kills they’ll do whatever. 

It's not about appealing to player's honor, it's about making sure there are strong power items scattered around the map that allows the aggressive team to punish campers with. Also of course don't design map with dead ends, bottlenecks and uncounterable power positions. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Basically any game with non-recharging health ever means you can't hold down one location.

Most CE maps at a high level can't be locked down, Damnation might be the most egregious of the bunch with green room.

Chill out, prisoner, there’s much debate that can happen there.

I'm waiting to hear that the CE influence with Infinite isn't a meme. Please 343 just tell me the plan is not to create another Halo 2 with armor abilities and actually believe you've created something new.

1 hour ago, PolyG said:

I'm waiting to hear that the CE influence with Infinite isn't a meme. Please 343 just tell me the plan is not to create another Halo 2 with armor abilities and actually believe you've created something new.

The what now?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, Basu said:

DOOM 2016 MP...dual shotgun setup.

Triggered.

Edit:

Maps that can’t be camped to any degree of effectiveness, even in Slayer: Prisoner, Derelict, Hang Em High, Longest, Midship/Heretic/Truth/Simplex, Warlock/Wizard/Warlord, Amplified, Narrows, Zealot, Unanchored (Anchor 9), Haven, Skyline, Monolith, Coliseum, Fathom. Off the top of my head. There’s probably more if I looked at a list.

Sword as a powerup instead of a weapon is a sick idea. Same for thrust, so long as you can only use it for 45-60 seconds. I like the idea of certain map routes only being available to a powerup user.

• Upvote (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I like the idea of certain map routes only being available to a powerup user.

How would you go about blocking routes to other players and allowing passage to power up users?

2 hours ago, PolyG said:

They've only spoken on this in relation to the game's story and how it's laid out. Never MP. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, xSociety said:

The what now?

Well you see 343 has 1 QA tester who played ce on mcc some time in 2015. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

Well you see 343 has 1 QA tester who played ce on mcc some time in 2015. 

Mark forgot to turn it off in the Match Composer so thats two QA testers at least. 

Never forget that 343 made Kevin "Halo 1 did not have random spawns" Franklin the lead MP designer for H4 and after that trainwreck let him waste at least half the MP development resources on Warzone and Breakout.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Never forget that 343 made Kevin "Halo 1 did not have random spawns" Franklin the lead MP designer for H4 and after that trainwreck let him waste at least half the MP development resources on Warzone and Breakout.

Sauce?

I guarantee you almost everyone working on Halo post CE would assume the same thing or just not know how the spawns worked at all to begin with. Dude probably just didn't think about what would happen if you weren't influencing any spawns or the spawns were blocked and likely had hardly ever played the game if ever. That's not even surprising 

29 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I guarantee you almost everyone working on Halo post CE would assume the same thing or just not know how the spawns worked at all to begin with. Dude probably just didn't think about what would happen if you weren't influencing any spawns or the spawns were blocked and likely had hardly ever played the game if ever. That's not even surprising 

I guarantee you anyone working on anything past the original release date has their own ideas.  

8 hours ago, Boyo said:

Sauce?

8 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

The thing is he was talking to two pros (I think I remember Bravo being there) and they literally told him yes there are random spawns and he tried to act all smart "no, there were no random spawns in Halo 1". It was the perfect example of 343's smug attitude. I bet there were dozens of people at 343 that told him all of his ideas are pure asscheeks over the years but he simply ignored them because he thinks he knows better.

• Like (+1) 3

Just read a thread on how sprint should be removed but keep thruster pack but in a nerfed sort of way for extra speed, but still have a fast bms and higher fov. Could a thruster be ok for infinite? I’ve tried customs in h5 where we turned sprint off but thrust on and it felt decently good(we used forge maps I’ll add) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Basu said:

Remember that 343 claimed they did a poll with Pro's and they said they loved Breakout and then it turned out that didn't happen and they all hate it.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

19 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Remember that 343 claimed they did a poll with Pro's and they said they loved Breakout and then it turned out that didn't happen and they all hate it.

I enjoyed break out in the beta 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Arlong said:

I enjoyed break out in the beta 

The game mode as a concept is fine but claiming that the pro's all liked it when they did not is a disgrace.

28 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The game mode as a concept is fine but claiming that the pro's all liked it when they did not is a disgrace.

They probably played it on LAN where they had a “good time” playing it. Happens all the time dude. 
they probably had a good time playing it at the time, and probably were nice about it. Not everyone’s going to say “that mode was total dog shit” to them, because it’s rude. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

15 hours ago, Basu said:

I can't believe that they shoe-horned breakout into Halo, when it quite obviously conflicts with its play style, because ONE dude liked paintball. Still boggles my mind to this day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Just read a thread on how sprint should be removed but keep thruster pack but in a nerfed sort of way for extra speed, but still have a fast bms and higher fov. Could a thruster be ok for infinite? I’ve tried customs in h5 where we turned sprint off but thrust on and it felt decently good(we used forge maps I’ll add) 

• Fire (+1) 1

TL;DW:  Give us underhands nades for Infinite, Let us run slightly faster with our pistol out (no sprint compromise?), give us "look" icons like Portal 2 for ppl with no mics to callout place on the map to look at.

small things like that add to the game without ruining the already established gameplay

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

To continue off of that, how do people feel about the kill feed? Do we want the new system (Name/Weapon -> Name) or the old one (Name killed Name)

Different arm angles for grenades is interesting but I'm not sure there's any real point to it.

I could see trolls/griefers abusing the shit out of look icons.

Why not just have a customizable kill feed? If you want super detailed text like Reach (x killed y with a headshot), allow for that. Standard text like Halo 1 or 2, allow that. Name/weapon > name, include that as well. Or just turn it off. Put the option in player's profile options.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

They probably played it on LAN where they had a “good time” playing it. Happens all the time dude. 
they probably had a good time playing it at the time, and probably were nice about it. Not everyone’s going to say “that mode was total dog shit” to them, because it’s rude. 

In this case, there was literally no poll. Pro's were complaining about the inclusion of Breakout in HCS and then the head of game design at 343 said "We conducted a poll with Pro's and they said they liked it". Then the Pro's all sent out tweets saying "there was no poll" and then 343 did some damage control, actually did the poll and Breakout got wiped out of the HCS due to universal distaste.

Again, this is distaste for Breakout in HCS, not the concept as a whole.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1