CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

12 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

on map ammo types for guns? Like you can pick up bouncy rounds or something, or shield vampirism rounds. I don't know if they'd be fun to play with but I just had the thought but I'm like 80% sure it's been discussed here.

Yeah.  There’s a few ways you could accomplish it. 1) Have a unique ammo pack pick up for every different weapon.  2) Have a Power Up that modifies whatever weapon you currently have equipped for a limited time.  3) Have a pick up that modifies whatever weapon you currently have equipped for a limited number of shots.  

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

Can we bring back Sniper/Rocket ammo?

Can players without the weapon pick up the corresponding ammo?

45 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Thruster as an on map power up seems like a waste of time to me. An ability pick up needs to be worth the effort and thruster doesn't seem like it. When everyone has it, sure it'll have an effect on the game. But if only one person has it who even gives a shit?

Also somewhat unrelated but has anyone here ever floated the idea of on map ammo types for guns? Like you can pick up bouncy rounds or something, or shield vampirism rounds. I don't know if they'd be fun to play with but I just had the thought but I'm like 80% sure it's been discussed here.

As I said you would have to change the thrusters to be more significant, can't tell me a single layer overshield that wastes a second of your playtime with an animation is much better and it decays as well because tanking 3 more BR shots would be too OP to be permanent. "who even gives a shit" - yeah, I am aware nobody does, that's what the discussion is about, changing the game so it's not just people killing each other with the starting weapon, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Ammo types for guns on the map make no sense imo, you cannot see what ammo a player has loaded, it would feel random at best. Halos weapon sandbox doesn't seem like an ammo system would fit in, there are already a ton of weapons that do basically nothing, I would rather see more unique weapons than ammo types for the countless rifle variations we already have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warlord Wossman said:

As I said you would have to change the thrusters to be more significant, can't tell me a single layer overshield that wastes a second of your playtime with an animation is much better and it decays as well because tanking 3 more BR shots would be too OP to be permanent. "who even gives a shit" - yeah, I am aware nobody does, that's what the discussion is about, changing the game so it's not just people killing each other with the starting weapon, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Ammo types for guns on the map make no sense imo, you cannot see what ammo a player has loaded, it would feel random at best. Halos weapon sandbox doesn't seem like an ammo system would fit in, there are already a ton of weapons that do basically nothing, I would rather see more unique weapons than ammo types for the countless rifle variations we already have.

We could just have it the way halo online does it where you only get ammo added to normal guns, dmr or BR. AR or smg. 

19 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Arlong really cops it around here. Now his grammar is being picked apart. Leave the poor guy alone he's just a Halo fan shooting the shit like the rest of us.

I knew it was petty and I did it anyways, because it annoys me to always read it, and there’s always the off chance that it might actually help. But I won’t bring it up again.

My fuck we need something to talk about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey are there any games that have join in progress that have it as a toggle option? I’m curious because I don’t know any mainstream ones that do.

5 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I knew it was petty and I did it anyways, because it annoys me to always read it, and there’s always the off chance that it might actually help. But I won’t bring it up again.

Just because no one cares about your faux professorial rants doesn’t mean there’s nothing to talk about.  I see plenty of people talking.  

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

How about map design?

Halo has had a bit of a stagnant design philosophy when it comes to compelling play spaces. Teleporters, man cannons, doors and bridges controlled by a button/switch, movable boxes and cans to mess around with, all of that has nearly vanished. Halo is not just about arenas and symmetric layouts.

Discuss what you'd like to see in Halo maps again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Just because no one cares about your faux professorial rants doesn’t mean there’s nothing to talk about.  I see plenty of people talking.  

To be fair, I wasn’t caught up on the thread before I posted. But I meant actual news, not discussing the same hypothetical items for the 10th time.

And I know no one cares about it. It wasn’t meant to spark conversation. It was 90% me expressing frustration, and 10% trying to help correct a bad habit. Like I said to Shekkles, I’ll stop.

Player choices reflected by map evolution.  

Just now, Hard Way said:

To be fair, I wasn’t caught up on the thread before I posted. But I meant actual news, not discussing the same hypothetical items  for the 10th time.

And I know no one cares about it. It wasn’t meant to spark conversation. It was 90% me expressing frustration, and 10% trying to help correct a bad habit. Like I said to Shekkles, I’ll stop.

No one gives a shit about your frustration.  Talk about Halo or 

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

How about map design?

Halo has had a bit of a stagnant design philosophy when it comes to compelling play spaces. Teleporters, man cannons, doors and bridges controlled by a button/switch, movable boxes and cans to mess around with, all of that has nearly vanished. Halo is not just about arenas and symmetric layouts.

Discuss what you'd like to see in Halo maps again.

Well, getting rid of sprintthrustslideclamber would go a long way in helping devs control how they want their maps to play, so I’d start there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Hard Way said:

Well, getting rid of sprintthrustslideclamber would go a long way in helping devs control how they want their maps to play, so I’d start there.

Such an original thought.  Let me hear more.  

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

No one gives a shit about your frustration.  Talk about Halo or 

tenor.gif

Does it make you frustrated?

1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

Let's assume Halo Infinite will be classic then.

What. Would you like. To see come back?

Just now, S0UL FLAME said:

Complaining = easy

Solutions = hard 

Forum = silence 

I have to go back to work, but while I’m gone, feel free to compile an exhaustive list of topics that you demand I respond to again.

8 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Not sure if you saw my long post, I talked briefly about map design being more room based with a focus on combat around power weapons and power ups. I totally agree with what you said about symmetrical arenas with not much to it, I also think having 2 power weapons spawn every 3 minutes is way too slow for a match with 8 players. Give more choices, make dynamic maps where you have to move around as a team, stuff like triggers and doors to allow for unique team play per map would be needed, but listing all of this it would still be easier for me to just play Quake Live and find exactly that than hoping Halo Infinite will not be midship BRs again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Just now, Hard Way said:

I have to go back to work, but while I’m gone, feel free to compile an exhaustive list of topics that you demand I respond to again.

No one gives a shit if you respond.  Just if you do, try to make it related to Halo and not grammar.  Got it?  Cool thanks.

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

No one gives a shit if you respond.  Just if you do, try to make it related to Halo and not grammar.  Got it?  Cool thanks.

Pretty sure I l’ve explicitly said, twice, that I’ve got it, but you seem more interested in trying out this cool new tough guy persona. It’s adorable btw.

24 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Pretty sure I l’ve explicitly said, twice, that I’ve got it, but you seem more interested in trying out this cool new tough guy persona. It’s adorable btw.

See how you keep replying to the inflammatory remarks and not the posts of actual substance?  Stop doing that.