CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

And you have shit awareness and need the game to hold your hand. Use. Your. Eyes.

That’s not the game holding my hand, that’s the game not nerfing my ability to hear something as natural as footsteps. Like in real life, in majority of video games there’s footstep sounds. What you people want is to be able to move super quickly but as if you’re in stealth mode, gtfo with that bs.

seriously you only hate footsteps because you’d like to be able to move around your opponent and his only way of knowing where you are is with sight alone? Like h5 so far is the only game where that shit is super loud. I’m expecting h3 level of footstep sounds. 

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Your bad at the game and should feel bad.

I'm not too bad for a forge kid, right @My Namez BEAST

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

That’s not the game holding my hand, that’s the game not nerfing my ability to hear something as natural as footsteps. Like in real life, in majority of video games there’s footstep sounds. What you people want is to be able to move super quickly but as if you’re in stealth mode, gtfo with that bs.

seriously you only hate footsteps because you’d like to be able to move around your opponent and his only way of knowing where you are is with sight alone? Like h5 so far is the only game where that shit is super loud. I’m expecting h3 level of footstep sounds. 

Halo 3 footsteps are all but silent unless you're standing still in a 1v1 with your headset cranked so I don't really have an issue with that if that's your standard. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Halo 3 footsteps are all but silent unless you're standing still in a 1v1 with your headset cranked so I don't really have an issue with that if that's your standard. 

Yes that is my standard. I can admit h5 footsteps are loud and ruin 1s and 2s. Now 1s ok fuck off you don’t matter, but doubles has had a good community for years and should be acknowledged, and if footstep noises cause issues then a nerf is recommended. I still believe some form of noise is required. Best example would be S3 on lockout would hear a guy on s2. Now this might negatively effect 1v1s, but it results in more equal battles than lucky backsmacks or nade+1 shot kill(which still happens a lot in h4&5 I’ll add even with loud footstep noises.

23 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Nah you suck. Git gud kid. Ez clap. But for real yea I wouldn't say skill is this issue here. You arent a garbo random that cant play the game.

Footsteps suck. Regardless of skill level. You got outpositioned. You dont deserve the same info someone worked for just because they are moving. Dumb. 

• Like (+1) 8

Gotta say that 01 team not doing too bad. With some animation improvements it’ll be very neat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Arlong said:

Your bad at the game and should feel bad.

That's rich coming from the glorified laughing stock. Poor guy can't even use the right you're*. :^(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

12 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

That's rich coming from the glorified laughing stock. Poor guy can't even use the right you're*. :^(

Eh we all mess up time to time on that shit you salty bitch. 

40 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Eh we all mess up time to time on that shit you salty bitch. 

You're a Staff Captain stop quoting me.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

8 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

You're a Staff Captain stop quoting me.

• Like (+1) 1

A map has various security cameras placed throughout it at fixed locations.  An Equipment pick up where Button 1 cycles through available video feeds and Button 2 toggles between player view and the selected camera’s view.

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

A map has various security cameras placed throughout it at fixed locations.  An Equipment pick up where Button 1 cycles through available video feeds and Button 2 toggles between player view and the selected camera’s view.

Been playing five nights at Freddy's recently?

On 9/26/2019 at 7:31 PM, Shekkles said:

One is visual, one is audio. Two different senses, two different parts of the brain relay that information. That's like saying that there is no different between someone waving and saying hello. Both are a greeting and convey the same message, but the mediums in which they are delivered are entirely different. 

A blind person can hear footsteps, a deaf person can see radar.

How is that not a qualitative difference?

Qualitative as in its function, as in meanings, concepts, and so on. You can take my statement that literally if you like, but I think you know what I was saying.

6 hours ago, Boyo said:

Dude seriously where the hell do you come up with this shit? Some of the stuff you come up with would workout in a BR but when I think of regular 4v4 I just don’t know. Heck’s I gotta give you credit some are cool, 

yay yay I got invited to the Xbox one halo reGh flight 

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

regular 4v4

Halo is composed of much more than 4v4.  I think an ODST style city where the player can access live security cameras could be interesting in campaign.  A human survivor in Infection could use camera access to check various routes the horde may be heading down.  A large scale asymmetric gametype could give a defender remote eyes on certain paths.

A prisoner gametype could give one teammate, who is locked in a cell, camera access so he is the team’s eye in the sky and must communicate valuable information to his men on the ground.  

So I have t played halo in months, hecks I haven’t played console in months. I hop into h3 and get 16-4. Now you’re wondering where I’m getting at? That’s just it?! It’s so simple that I can be away and feel comfortable in the game. I don’t need to “re learn” everything. It’s this form of simplicity that halo needs again, because h5 is far from simple. 

1 hour ago, Xandrith said:

Qualitative as in its function, as in meanings, concepts, and so on. You can take my statement that literally if you like, but I think you know what I was saying.

Oh ok, my bad. When you posted a sweeping, truncated opinion as a statement it I thought you meant it literally. Now apparently it is I who made the mistake and not you when you failed to contextualize your own thoughts.

• Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Oh ok, my bad. When you posted a sweeping, truncated opinion as a statement it I thought you meant it literally. Now apparently it is I who made the mistake and not you when you failed to contextualize your own thoughts.

No, my bad, not the best word choice. I'm still convinced that you knew what I meant, but I'll clarify. There's no functional difference worth talking about, because the problems with radar and footsteps are the same, and even accentuated with the latter (depending on the game, but for most it's true.) At least I can crouch and move, albeit slowly, with radar. In games like PUBG, the new MW, and Apex to a lesser extent, I feel like there's a hidden progress bar that grows every time I move, like bad karma building up that'll eventually lead to my demise if I don't pick a corner and let it deplete.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You know how you can temporarily disable a Scarab’s movement by dealing sufficient damage to one if its legs?  You should be able to do the same thing to a Mantis’ knees.  

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

You know how you can temporarily disable a Scarab’s movement by dealing sufficient damage to one if its legs?  You should be able to do the same thing to a Mantis’ knees.  

The Mantis shouldn't exist. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, Basu said:

qSQFjlV.gif

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm still out here hoping for the Transport Hog to come into MP. ED doesn't count, though it's only made me want it in an official game even more. Infinite would be ideal, then again I wouldn't mind it making its way into MCC Reach. On that note, we need more campaign vehicles in Forge. Troop Hogs, Chain Gun Falcons, Forklifts, Pelicans, etc. I've always wanted to have a Sabre dogfight in Forge World, so many mini-game opportunities.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Basu said:

I agree that the Mantis is fairly redundant.  A Spartan carrying a detached HMG turret already performed similarly (slower but more firepower biped).

Do you think a mech could work at all in Halo?  If so, how would your ideal mech perform?  

I was thinking a “transformer” type of vehicle could be cool.  A fast car can turn into a slow mech or something along those lines.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

I agree that the Mantis is fairly redundant.  A Spartan carrying a detached HMG turret already performed similarly (slower but more firepower biped).

Do you think a mech could work at all in Halo?  If so, how would your ideal mech perform?  

I was thinking a “transformer” type of vehicle could be cool.  A fast car can turn into a slow mech or something along those lines.  

At least make it a two-people vehicle or something if it's going to be that powerful. Similar to the Banshee and Wasp it's just a nightmare to fight against. It can tank shots like a scorpion but has a much harder hitbox to hit, plus a recharging shield. They took all the worst aspects from the titanfall mechs without any of their redeeming qualities. They also forgot that in TF everyone spawns with an anti-titan weapon, C4, EMP grenades and can fly and wallrun, while even 343 mobility garbage Halo is still fairly slow so the mantis can easily mow down anyone on foot.

The thing is also sooooo clunky to operate, Jesus Christ. It's no fun to use and no fun to fight against. Honestly I'd rather see something wack like a transformer (some of the Transformer games were mad cool actually) than the mantis ever returning.