CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Snipers in MW are already a joke with how OP they are. If it wasn't for CoD's traditional hard-on for assault rifles everyone would be running around with a sniper. SMGs and shotguns are near useless with how much they nerfed movement. Footsteps are also cancer and ruin any sort of tactical gametype like SnD.

Agree about claymores and flashes. Shit's stupid. Claymores should at least give up a perk slot like the used to. I always detested any sort of mine in video games, from claymores to tank mines in BF. Literally a "give me undeserved kills now pls" button.

Footsteps I think are ok because you shouldn’t be able to run around without me hearing you. This ain’t Black panther where you have soundless shoes.

• Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

I knew what you were talking about and i wasn't responding to it because if Infinite still has a need for an "Ability Radar" the game is doomed. I agree, the ability radar was the better choice for H5 than no radar, but that is just a testament to how shitty advanced mobility is in halo from the top down. If competitively a halo game is actually worse with radar just turned off, that's a bad halo game.

Ok that makes sense.  The game needs to come with these gametypes from launch.  None of this "The social settings and competitive settings are exactly the same." nonsense.

Claymores are just instant kills now.  iirc in past games there was a little "Click" then a pause then they exploded.  The claymores that killed me in the MW beta were just straight up instant, placed on the other side of closed doors so you didn't even have a chance to see the laser lights.  At least before, if you were paying attention and had any kind of idea where those claymore choke points were you could avoid them, but now it seems like you have no chance.

If the abilities are gone then we should have a radar that appears only when shooting like cod. 

Claymores at the very least should disappear after the user dies, or disappear after a total of 15 seconds.

Shotguns were so OP in this. I’m dying from such a far distance.

• Salt (-1) 1

You know what really grinds my gears? Is the fact that basically ANY video game with lore behind it, halo, Star Wars, lotr tries to make their games as “canon” as possible. We’ve seen how this has affected halo, as it’s one of the reasons 343 refused to bring playable elites back as they wouldn’t make sense to be in the Wargames, which is canon apparently.

Too many games are going that route which really brings a sense of irritation because it prevents creativity and fun. Like why should I care what’s canon or not? Do a lot of gamers really care about that stuff? 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

If the abilities are gone then we should have a radar that appears only when shooting like cod. 

Claymores at the very least should disappear after the user dies, or disappear after a total of 15 seconds.

Well, i mean i think the radar should be able to be customized in a variety of ways. Any movement, only vehicles, only gunfire, with and without elevation indicators, clean radar points like H5, blurry "estimate" radar points like Halo 2 etc.

I was referring to the claymores in MW.  Halo doesn't need claymores.  Not sure if you're saying the same thing lol.  You used to be able to spot claymores and take them out.  The person that placed it needed to realize if they heard an explosion but no damage, someone knows or is coming.  The way claymores were in the beta, that is basically a non-issue.  Either you're getting a kill with it or not. If you place it the right distance behind the last stair, you can't see the lasers and you're dead. No "Click" that gives you a split second to back off.  Put it behind a door and its a guaranteed kill. Set it and forget it.

20 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Well, i mean i think the radar should be able to be customized in a variety of ways. Any movement, only vehicles, only gunfire, with and without elevation indicators, clean radar points like H5, blurry "estimate" radar points like Halo 2 etc.

I was referring to the claymores in MW.  Halo doesn't need claymores.  Not sure if you're saying the same thing lol.  You used to be able to spot claymores and take them out.  The person that placed it needed to realize if they heard an explosion but no damage, someone knows or is coming.  The way claymores were in the beta, that is basically a non-issue.  Either you're getting a kill with it or not. If you place it the right distance behind the last stair, you can't see the lasers and you're dead. No "Click" that gives you a split second to back off.  Put it behind a door and its a guaranteed kill. Set it and forget it.

I know, that’s why they’re spaced out -_-.  Duh I know claymores aren’t in halo! 

The Teleporter Link equipment package allows the user to instantly travel to a number of preselected locations on the map.  Various Teleporter Exit Nodes are located throughout the map.  Button 1 cycles through available nodes.  Button 2 teleports to the selected node.  

Certain maps/gametypes spawn everyone with this equipment.  Exit nodes are surrounded by a hill that must be captured to enable team use. 

The Default control scheme:

RT - Fire

LT - Scope, Alternate Fire

RB - Equipment 1 

LB - Equipment 2 

A - Jump (Jetpack)

B - Throw grenade 

X - Switch grenades (Hold to swap weapon, Hold to Activate)

Y - Switch weapons (Hold to swap Equipment Package)

L3 - Crouch 

R3 - Melee 

The main point being, Scope is on LT and Equipment 2 is on LB, right next to each other.  

The second level zoom on the Sniper Rifle is unnecessary in arena gameplay but crucial to Team Snipers and larger scale game modes.  

An Equipment Package containing an 8x Scope on LB (and a Night Vision Scope on RB) allow the user to zoom in to traditional levels.  With Equipment on the bumpers, the user doesn’t have to double zoom or YY to get from single zoom to unscoped.  LT is a 4x scope.  LB is an 8x scope.  Plus, the user can toggle between 4x and 8x by holding LT then holding and releasing LB.  With independent buttons, the user no longer has to cycle through zoom levels in a single direction (unscoped, scope 1, scope 2, repeat).

Equipment on the bumpers benefits Team Snipers by mapping different zoom levels to different buttons.  In Infection gametypes, Alpha Zombies have easy access to the Sprint and Thrust buttons on the bumpers.  

The Bumper Jumper control scheme:

RT - Fire

LT - Scope, Alternate Fire

RB - Throw grenade 

LB - Jump (Jetpack) 

A - Equipment 1 

B - Equipment 2

X - Switch grenades (Hold to swap weapon, Hold to Activate)

Y - Switch weapons (Hold to swap Equipment Package)

L3 - Crouch 

R3 - Melee 

The Bumper Jumper control scheme switches A and B with LB and RB.  This maps all essential movement and combat functions to the triggers, bumpers, and stick clicks.  Arena gametypes without equipment packages simply have unused A and B buttons. 

20 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Pretty off topic but played the new CoD beta this weekend on PC. Crossplay, aim assist, controllers along with mouse and keyboard. Worked pretty flawlessly on those fronts besides people glitching out of maps. Hopefully 343 takes the hint. I've gotta say its probably the most fun I've had with a newer CoD in a long time. Felt like I was playing the real successor to the first couple modern warfares suprisingly since I'm really not a big cod fan. I'd probably be a bit scared of dropping in this games launch window

I really wanted to like the game because of all the awesome features it has, but the maps, lighting, and claymore type shit just make it an absolute campfest of randomness. It just wasn't fun for me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The TTK being so quick is why I love bo4 ttk. It’s long enough where it’s not who sees who first, and gives you a chance to out shoot your opponent. Claymores caused so much frustration for me. The map with the tunnel definitely needs better lightning. Shotguns need a range nerf. Snipers need scoping to be quicker, guns should be customizable 6/6 than 5/5(I felt 5 wasn’t enough) . Maps are utter garbage, too many corners, too many spots to camp. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1. Bo4's TTK is the longest in the franchise.

2. Weapons generally still outclass each other in Bo4 (god-tier weapons locked behind the battlepass btw) and is still very much who sees who first.

3. Bo4 had Mesh Mines which are arguably worse than claymores.

4. Shotguns are barely usable right now. They are only effective in barrel-stuffing range and need to be decked out in order to be useful anywhere else.

5. Sniper zoom-in is fine and probably has attachments that increase the speed anyway.

6. Heavy attachment customization is dumb and only adds more useless factors to gunfights. We need to go back to 2 attachments for primaries and 1 for secondaries with Bling and perk substitutes coming back from MW1 and 2.

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

1. Bo4's TTK is the longest in the franchise.

2. Weapons generally still outclass each other in Bo4 (god-tier weapons locked behind the battlepass btw) and is still very much who sees who first.

3. Bo4 had Mesh Mines which are arguably worse than claymores.

4. Shotguns are barely usable right now. They are only effective in barrel-stuffing range and need to be decked out in order to be useful anywhere else.

5. Sniper zoom-in is fine and probably has attachments that increase the speed anyway.

6. Heavy attachment customization is dumb and only adds more useless factors to gunfights. We need to go back to 2 attachments for primaries and 1 for secondaries with Bling and perk substitutes coming back from MW1 and 2.

Wtf 2 attachments? Shit, that’s a terrible ideas. Oh yeah I forgot about the op weapons bo4 added. And there’s definitely less see first scenarios in bo4. 

@Basu don’t question my footsteps post, hearing footsteps is good for gameplay, not to mention realistic, and if we want to talk about that, you’re in heavy metal suits, so hearing footsteps from those is reasonable. Awareness also involves your ears people not just your eyes. 

12 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

Good

Fuck that, people who run around with a shotgun in cod are so annoying.

I'm certain claymores will be changed in MW. Absolutely everyone I've played with and people in this thread have complained about them lol

21 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I'm certain claymores will be changed in MW. Absolutely everyone I've played with and people in this thread have complained about them lol

It’s because they’re Annoying as shit. My biggest gripe was the fact they’d stay after death. 

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

The TTK being so quick is why I love bo4 ttk. It’s long enough where it’s not who sees who first, and gives you a chance to out shoot your opponent. Claymores caused so much frustration for me. The map with the tunnel definitely needs better lightning. Shotguns need a range nerf. Snipers need scoping to be quicker, guns should be customizable 6/6 than 5/5(I felt 5 wasn’t enough) . Maps are utter garbage, too many corners, too many spots to camp. 

You gotta be kidding with the first sentence right? I literally couldn't play non-hardcore game modes bec the ttk was so long. 

If that's something you or anyone else likes, I'm not arguing that, bo4 ttk is not fast unless you were playing hardcore. 

Also fuck Activision for making exclusive content on PS4 for an entire year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey guys my name is Vryst and I like to hand out downvotes instead of contributing to the conversation in a meaningful way.

• Fire (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 4

Sooooooo who’s excited for Infinite? We’re almost at the one year mark boyz... hopefully they give us a sneak peek at some more campaign and multiplayer soon 🤤.

• Thonking (+0) 1

10 hours ago, Vyrst said:

Good

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Hey guys my name is Vryst and I like to hand out downvotes instead of contributing to the conversation in a meaningful way.

I don't know man, I can really feel the passion and subtleties from his elaborate and well put posts. Maybe you're just not on his level of expertise?

19 hours ago, Arlong said:

Footsteps I think are ok because you shouldn’t be able to run around without me hearing you. This ain’t Black panther where you have soundless shoes.

Part of me agrees with this, but a bigger part hates it when soundwhoring stagnates movement to unreasonable levels. Players need to be able to move freely so that effective flanking can occur.

13 hours ago, Arlong said:

@Basu don’t question my footsteps post, hearing footsteps is good for gameplay, not to mention realistic, and if we want to talk about that, you’re in heavy metal suits, so hearing footsteps from those is reasonable. Awareness also involves your ears people not just your eyes. 

Nah footsteps are stupid and ruin 1v1 and 2v2 modes, at least in Halo. Nothing is more boring than two teams sitting in a corner afraid to move because their footsteps will alert the enemies of their exact location. The "realism" argument is and always will be completely useless so please stop.

I can kind of tolerate footsteps in tactical shooters like CSGO, also because players have the option to walk instead of run and make no sound that way. I don't really care for it in CoD either way because the game is usually a massive clusterfuck anyways, but don't make them so loud that even gametypes outside of Search & Destroy turn into campfests.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Part of me agrees with this, but a bigger part hates it when soundwhoring stagnates movement to unreasonable levels. Players need to be able to move freely so that effective flanking can occur.

So you should be able to move freely? Why? Soundwhoring isn’t free info it’s info you have every right to have! Try running behind someone and the only way they’re not hearing you is if they’re deaf or something. No one is hearing footsteps when they’re firing at someone.  But if you’re too afraid to move that’s on you. But I don’t like the idea of being flanked with no consequences. 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 3

49 minutes ago, Basu said:

Nah footsteps are stupid and ruin 1v1 and 2v2 modes, at least in Halo. Nothing is more boring than two teams sitting in a corner afraid to move because their footsteps will alert the enemies of their exact location. The "realism" argument is and always will be completely useless so please stop.

I can kind of tolerate footsteps in tactical shooters like CSGO, also because players have the option to walk instead of run and make no sound that way. I don't really care for it in CoD either way because the game is usually a massive clusterfuck anyways, but don't make them so loud that even gametypes outside of Search & Destroy turn into campfests.

That honestly doesn’t matter at all, hearing footsteps is a legit tactic that belongs. Realism actually belongs in some fashion, even in HALO. And if that’s a problem in 1v1s maybe better maps in order.

I like to play with my sound off so instead of deafening footsteps, could players just be marked with a waypoint at all times?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2