Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, JordanB said:

The jump itself is maybe skill. But Clamber is not part of the skill. Clamber is holding A at the end. They could have designed skillful jumps without clamber

Many of the jumps shottzy found were ghost jumps. They were spots the devs didn’t expect could be clambered. 

Share this post


Link to post

Seems that if you explain something to Arlong he changes to subject.

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Seems that if you explain something to Arlong he changes to subject.

It’s not that, numb nuts. It needed to be changed, we’re not getting Anywhwre. I get the point these jumps aren’t as skillful as crouch jumps, big deal. The conversation was over anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arlong said:

It’s not that, numb nuts. It needed to be changed, we’re not getting Anywhwre. I get the point these jumps aren’t as skillful as crouch jumps, big deal. The conversation was over anyway. 

43301955-64d7-4fe7-881f-a945d3f9f2dd_tex

Share this post


Link to post

This was posted on the 20th

Hey Friends,This week the team has continued working on the Xbox PvP build for our next upcoming flight. So far, all core systems required for the flight to happen have been completed. A new build from the branched state was kicked off Thursday and made its way into test today. The team still has a couple isolated bugs that they are working through which are deemed ring blockers, but this week they went from 10 down to 2 blocking bugs so far. But before anything can even move forward from bug fix to flight, the team must isolate the content for the next flight and trim the build down to just the content wanting to be shipped out for it.

Xbox PvP Flight Ring Status – Ring 0
Right now, there is 1 Ring 3 blocker and 1 Ring 1 blocker that have been identified within the build that is in test.

Title Softlocks after completing a match

Reach Multiplayer installation issues

Once these have been fixed, and the build has been locked down to the planned content, things on that front will be moving forward quickly!

Please Delete Old Xbox Insider Builds
To those who have participated in previous Xbox Insider flights on the Xbox and still have the old ones installed, you will want to delete these entirely from your Xbox. This will help alleviate some issues that may arise if you try to update that old build to the next flighted build. A fresh install of the next flighting build is what you will want to do.

Xbox Flighting Differences
One key difference from Xbox and PC is the delivery method for the game. With flighting that was conducted previously on Xbox for MCC’s prior game updates, the setup was slightly different to how testing is being conducted now. The last series of flights on Xbox were setup to allow for anyone who owned MCC on Xbox to have access to it via the Xbox Insider program. We still will continue to use that program, but in order to target only the select Halo Insiders we want to have access, we have had to remove that setup and the satisfying entitlement flow for testing.

With the Setup being taken down, it required rebuilding the pipelines and requirements from scratch for our new flow of how we test builds. The great news is our partners have worked closely with us to ensure all is set back up properly and will be good to go as soon as we are ready to move into our first Ring 1 test soon. We are targeting next week to enter into Ring 1 testing.

As we move closer to the Xbox PvP flight and the Ring 1 testing, we will give more updates on how things are going. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Postums

 

Share this post


Link to post

Spartans never drop their Magnum.  The maximum weapon carry limit is still 2 but if a second weapon is picked up, the Magnum is holstered, not dropped.  Hold Y to drop second weapon and re equip Magnum.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

How would you guys feel about the advanced movement radar being the radar across everything? If 343 keeps or removes sprint/abilities I think it’s ok for it to stay. Someone appearing on radar only when shooting isn’t a bad thing . I mean you’ll most likely turn around based on hearing your teammate get shot at, but it would be better for the individual in case his teammates are non communicating. Like h5 you would disappear near instantly after you’re done shooting or sprinting, so flanking is still on the table. At least with a motion tracker I can tell which footsteps are mine and my teammates. 

i brought this up because 343 likes the idea of UNIVERSAL settings.

Share this post


Link to post

In gametypes with vehicles, ability tracker is fine.  Vehicles and players using advanced movement appear on radar.  Radar is unnecessary in arena gametypes.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Spartans never drop their Magnum.  The maximum weapon carry limit is still 2 but if a second weapon is picked up, the Magnum is holstered, not dropped.  Hold Y to drop second weapon and re equip Magnum.

hrmmmmm. How woudl this effect spawn weapons and would you still keep the magnum as a 3-5 shot kill? Or replace it with something more like a gunfighter? Would you spawn with like <DMR, AR, Gunfighter> or keep it as a 2 weapons spawn <Magnum, AR> and just add the 3rd weapon when you pick one up? No AR in competitive.

 

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

In gametypes with vehicles, ability tracker is fine.  Vehicles and players using advanced movement appear on radar.  Radar is unnecessary in arena gametypes.

I'm really fine with radar in most social gametypes.  I know its a crutch for a lot of players but in social hoppers its whatever. Doesn't really both me.  In competitive it can die in a fire.  If there is one litmus test for a proper Halo game, it would be that all you have to do to have good competitive gametypes is turn off radar.  To me, thats the gold standard of a Halo game.  Turn off Radar, and suddenly you have a legit competitive game.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

hrmmmmm. How woudl this effect spawn weapons and would you still keep the magnum as a 3-5 shot kill? Or replace it with something more like a gunfighter? Would you spawn with like <DMR, AR, Gunfighter> or keep it as a 2 weapons spawn <Magnum, AR> and just add the 3rd weapon when you pick one up? No AR in competitive.

 

I'm really fine with radar in most social gametypes.  I know its a crutch for a lot of players but in social hoppers its whatever. Doesn't really both me.  In competitive it can die in a fire.  If there is one litmus test for a proper Halo game, it would be that all you have to do to have good competitive gametypes is turn off radar.  To me, thats the gold standard of a Halo game.  Turn off Radar, and suddenly you have a legit competitive game.

I’m talking about the arena hcs radar you do know that correct? Radar isn’t a bad thing nor does turning it off require this insane awareness. It’s just the fact the halo radar usually is bad, but the new radar actually is a lot better. I’m fine with no radar, h5 wouldn’t of worked with no radar. The advanced movement radar was perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty off topic but played the new CoD beta this weekend on PC. Crossplay, aim assist, controllers along with mouse and keyboard. Worked pretty flawlessly on those fronts besides people glitching out of maps. Hopefully 343 takes the hint. I've gotta say its probably the most fun I've had with a newer CoD in a long time. Felt like I was playing the real successor to the first couple modern warfares suprisingly since I'm really not a big cod fan. I'd probably be a bit scared of dropping in this games launch window

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Pretty off topic but played the new CoD beta this weekend on PC. Crossplay, aim assist, controllers along with mouse and keyboard. Worked pretty flawlessly on those fronts besides people glitching out of maps. Hopefully 343 takes the hint. I've gotta say its probably the most fun I've had with a newer CoD in a long time. Felt like I was playing the real successor to the first couple modern warfares suprisingly since I'm really not a big cod fan. I'd probably be a bit scared of dropping in this games launch window

I agree, but one thing for sure is these maps are dogshit, and claymores gotta get removed.

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I agree, but one thing for sure is these maps are dogshit, and claymores gotta get removed.

I agree. The maps are bland as hell. Claymores need some sort of nerf because I see like 900 every game. 

Also the ground war map is pathetic. That cluster fuck at C is a joke.

Gunplay is great though. Sound design is also great.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Also the ground war map is pathetic. That cluster fuck at C is a joke.

That's... Kind of the point to the map, and the way it's designed enables gunplay more over the cheese you usually encounter, lol.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

That's... Kind of the point to the map, and the way it's designed enables gunplay more over the cheese you usually encounter, lol.

The map itself seems ok, but the objective layout and spawns ruin anything interesting. Half the players are clustered in a small area spamming nades and spraying and praying in a single corridor.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

The map itself seems ok, but the objective layout and spawns ruin anything interesting. Half the players are clustered in a small area spamming nades and spraying and praying in a single corridor.

Y-es. Combat's being funneled into a specific region equidistant from your spawn, with scattered battles past those regions. It's the center point, it's gonna be the center focus.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

hrmmmmm. How woudl this effect spawn weapons and would you still keep the magnum as a 3-5 shot kill? Or replace it with something more like a gunfighter? Would you spawn with like <DMR, AR, Gunfighter> or keep it as a 2 weapons spawn <Magnum, AR> and just add the 3rd weapon when you pick one up? No AR in competitive.

 

I'm really fine with radar in most social gametypes.  I know its a crutch for a lot of players but in social hoppers its whatever. Doesn't really both me.  In competitive it can die in a fire.  If there is one litmus test for a proper Halo game, it would be that all you have to do to have good competitive gametypes is turn off radar.  To me, thats the gold standard of a Halo game.  Turn off Radar, and suddenly you have a legit competitive game.

Magnum is a 4 shot kill in 1 second.

Gametypes can be modified in two ways.  With an “Arena” prefix and/or a “Pro” suffix.  By default, Slayer spawns players with an AR primary, Magnum secondary, and Radar enabled.  Arena Slayer Pro spawns players with a Magnum primary and Radar disabled.  Arena means no Radar and Pro means Magnum starts.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Y-es. Combat's being funneled into a specific region equidistant from your spawn, with scattered battles past those regions. It's the center point, it's gonna be the center focus.

I agree with you that it is deliberate. What I mean to convey is that I believe it to be poor design. The map is large enough to allow constant action in a variety of areas, but the objective layout denies this and clusters it all into a tiny area. I would much rather see the action spread out to allow flanking, pushes and pulls and some (slightly) more advanced tactics than grinding up kills in a literal corridor.

There are plenty of people who like that kind of gameplay, but with a map this size I would prefer a more spread out 'front line' type battle rather than a single choke point hogging all the action. Additionally the fact that you are basically perma-spotted at all times further deters people from doing anything other than be in the cluster which again, I believe to be poor, or at least immature, design.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The claymores at the very least need to disappear on death instantly. Gun play is great no changes needed, although I’d like it if we could customize our guns 6/6 rather than 5/5. In some areas it’s very hard to see your opponent so that’s pretty annoying. Not sure how good it’ll do but I want grenade indicators on flash bangs, god I’ve never played a cod where I flash bang and get flashed so often lmao.

snipers should be able to scope in faster, this slow AF shit is just so annoying and I’m not even a sniper player I’m the run and gun smg type of guy. 

Make enemy footsteps 30% louder than teammates(like fort nite for example)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Arlong said:

The claymores at the very least need to disappear on death instantly. Gun play is great no changes needed, although I’d like it if we could customize our guns 6/6 rather than 5/5. In some areas it’s very hard to see your opponent so that’s pretty annoying. Not sure how good it’ll do but I want grenade indicators on flash bangs, god I’ve never played a cod where I flash bang and get flashed so often lmao.

snipers should be able to scope in faster, this slow AF shit is just so annoying and I’m not even a sniper player I’m the run and gun smg type of guy.  

Make enemy footsteps 30% louder than teammates(like fort nite for example)  

 

Snipers in MW are already a joke with how OP they are. If it wasn't for CoD's traditional hard-on for assault rifles everyone would be running around with a sniper. SMGs and shotguns are near useless with how much they nerfed movement. Footsteps are also cancer and ruin any sort of tactical gametype like SnD.

Agree about claymores and flashes. Shit's stupid. Claymores should at least give up a perk slot like the used to. I always detested any sort of mine in video games, from claymores to tank mines in BF. Literally a "give me undeserved kills now pls" button.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Boyo said:

Spartans never drop their Magnum.  The maximum weapon carry limit is still 2 but if a second weapon is picked up, the Magnum is holstered, not dropped.  Hold Y to drop second weapon and re equip Magnum.

It's not a bad idea but I feel like it could cause problems. If I spawn with AR/Magnum and go grab Rockets, do I have the ability to drop my AR entirely rather than have to holster my Magnum? If not, that means I have to drop Rockets in order to use the Magnum again, or I would have to do something stupid like:

Spawn with AR/Magnum

Pick up PR as my second weapon

Swap AR with Rockets

Hold Y to swap PR with Magnum

I would change it to when I hold Y to equip the Magnum, it should drop the current weapon I have out instead of the "second" weapon, as well as the ability to drop current weapon for Rockets rather than holster Magnum for Rockets.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Arlong said:

I’m talking about the arena hcs radar you do know that correct? Radar isn’t a bad thing nor does turning it off require this insane awareness. It’s just the fact the halo radar usually is bad, but the new radar actually is a lot better. I’m fine with no radar, h5 wouldn’t of worked with no radar. The advanced movement radar was perfect. 

I knew what you were talking about and i wasn't responding to it because if Infinite still has a need for an "Ability Radar" the game is doomed. I agree, the ability radar was the better choice for H5 than no radar, but that is just a testament to how shitty advanced mobility is in halo from the top down. If competitively a halo game is actually worse with radar just turned off, that's a bad halo game.

11 hours ago, Boyo said:

Magnum is a 4 shot kill in 1 second.

Gametypes can be modified in two ways.  With an “Arena” prefix and/or a “Pro” suffix.  By default, Slayer spawns players with an AR primary, Magnum secondary, and Radar enabled.  Arena Slayer Pro spawns players with a Magnum primary and Radar disabled.  Arena means no Radar and Pro means Magnum starts.

Ok that makes sense.  The game needs to come with these gametypes from launch.  None of this "The social settings and competitive settings are exactly the same." nonsense.

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Snipers in MW are already a joke with how OP they are. If it wasn't for CoD's traditional hard-on for assault rifles everyone would be running around with a sniper. SMGs and shotguns are near useless with how much they nerfed movement. Footsteps are also cancer and ruin any sort of tactical gametype like SnD.

Agree about claymores and flashes. Shit's stupid. Claymores should at least give up a perk slot like the used to. I always detested any sort of mine in video games, from claymores to tank mines in BF. Literally a "give me undeserved kills now pls" button.

Claymores are just instant kills now.  iirc in past games there was a little "Click" then a pause then they exploded.  The claymores that killed me in the MW beta were just straight up instant, placed on the other side of closed doors so you didn't even have a chance to see the laser lights.  At least before, if you were paying attention and had any kind of idea where those claymore choke points were you could avoid them, but now it seems like you have no chance.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, JordanB said:

It's not a bad idea but I feel like it could cause problems. If I spawn with AR/Magnum and go grab Rockets, do I have the ability to drop my AR entirely rather than have to holster my Magnum?

No, you don’t currently have the ability to keep the Magnum as the secondary weapon when picking up a third weapon, it gets holstered.

Let’s say you can drop any weapon, except the Magnum, by holding Y.  You could drop the AR right before picking up the Rockets.  Or you could pick up the Rockets with the AR equipped, then switch to the AR and hold Y.  Both would end up with the player holding Rockets and a Magnum or vice versa.

39 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I would change it to when I hold Y to equip the Magnum, it should drop the current weapon I have out instead of the "second" weapon, as well as the ability to drop current weapon for Rockets rather than holster Magnum for Rockets.

You’re right.  This is how it should work.  The first part is easy to fix.  The second part, I’m just not sure how to accomplish being able to to swap the AR for the Rockets without holstering the Magnum because the X button used to pick up weapons is already a dual function button (tap X to do perform one function, hold X to perform another function).  I would suggest something like double tap and hold X to swap weapons without holstering the Magnum but that’s not ideal because, like I said, tapping X already has a function.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.