CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

18 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Yeah but if we have sprint we can have bigger maps and then marketing can say "largest Halo map ever made!!!1!" On the box.

Checkmate.

"Halo 5 was the biggest launch ever, it sold... ... ... ... ... ... ...$400 million!" 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nobody actually “desires sprint” because all the die hard fans who say they either want or don’t mind sprint will buy any game with Halo in the title, regardless of whether or not sprint is present. 

• Like (+1) 3

Make the Translocator an Equipment pick up with limited uses but recharges.  

• Like (+1) 1

Re: PC maps - I played a bunch of Danger Canyon CTF games back in the day that lasted probably 45 minutes, and I don't regret a second of it.

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

You want strike missiles on a fucking recharge?

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

Nobody actually “desires sprint” because all the die hard fans who say they either want or don’t mind sprint will buy any game with Halo in the title, regardless of whether or not sprint is present. 

Someone here suggested sprint to be put in the game but it gives you no movement bonus and the people that like sprint wouldn't notice.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Someone here suggested sprint to be put in the game but it gives you no movement bonus and the people that like sprint wouldn't notice.

The dedicated push stick forward button.

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

@Arlong, giving a percentage for a game that isn’t even out yet is pointless. I have no idea what the default speed will be, so I’m not going to throw out an arbitrary number. Going off of previous games, I think MLG’s setting helped BTB a lot, so i guess 110 for H3 if you want an example of what I’d like to see.

Basically I just want a BMS that is fast enough to make passing through vehicle lanes not feel like a slog. Vehicles should be used for their lethality, HP, and getting across the length of the map faster. They should never be necessary just to move through the map at all (see Hemorrhage). You should be able to move from segment to segment through the map easily without a vehicle.

I like to think of it like two different maps (vehicle and infantry) laid over top of one another, and there are various key points where they intersect and influence each other.

Ok and I can basically agreed with that opinion a lot, thank you. In halo 5 if you set the bms to 120% you move as equally fast if you were sprinting. I think a bms that lets you move as fast as sprint in halo would be great. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Just make it so when you press the button, you get those white streaks that make it so you know you are going fast! like in h5! Here is an example of said sprint button in halo 3.

SolDpJz.jpg

Wow! Amazing! Such speed!

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

Just make it so when you press the button, you get those white streaks that make it so you know you are going fast! like in h5! Here is an example of said sprint button in halo 3.

SolDpJz.jpg

Legit do this plus add more weapon sway and increase BMS to 120% and not a single fucking soul will ever complain about "Halo slow, how do I run bro" again.

7 hours ago, Riddler said:

SolDpJz.jpg

Don't forget to add a slight FOV zoom-out for that real "warp speed" sensation.

EDIT: Jesus Christ this might actually work

• Like (+1) 4

Puttin’ Speed Lines in my game.  Makes it go faster.

zll6M.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

If there was any ability that I feel isn’t bad in halo but kinda is would be clamber. It’s not exactly a bad mechanic, but it was done poorly in h5 because they forced maps to the point where it was use it or else. Now clamber obviously hinders skill jumps but it also adds a good chunk of them.

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How does clamber increase the skill gap in Halo?

It doesn't.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

It doesn't.

There were lots of skill jumps in h5 that are still difficult to do without practice. 

On 9/20/2019 at 1:37 AM, Shekkles said:

My top 5 Halo BTB maps:

- Last Resort

- Stone Town

- Zanzibar

Hohoho. But really, and this is not in any order:

1. Last Resort (I never feel like vehicles dominate, nor that I'm "caught in the open" by poor design but rather poor positioning by me)

2. Breakneck (yeah you heard)

3. Rats Nest (ugly af but plays well)

4. Valhalla (I get the laser hate though)

5. Terminal (I like city maps)

Nothing in Halo 3 is ugly you take that back.

• Fire (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Arlong said:

There were lots of skill jumps in h5 that are still difficult to do without practice. 

Clamber has nothing to do with the 'skill' part.

13 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Nothing in Halo 3 is ugly you take that back.

inset3_08_0424_legendary.jpg

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

inset3_08_0424_legendary.jpg

Can you name a night time map in any game with better lighting so that nothing is lost in shadows? Bungies lighting is goat. And I think the art looks really good there too - it's honestly a more believable theme than a forerunner structure. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Can you name a night time map in any game with better lighting so that nothing is lost in shadows? Bungies lighting is goat. And I think the art looks really good there too - it's honestly a more believable theme than a forerunner structure. 

There was no need to colorize everything on a map that already had established callouts.  Map looks stupid and the colors are pointless because no one is calling elbow yellow or Snipe blue.  Just looks tacky IMO.  Lockout was sleek.  Blackout is gaudy.

huUzGS.gif

1 hour ago, TeeJaY said:

Clamber has nothing to do with the 'skill' part.

Actually it does -_-. The jumps require you to use clamber and some of them aren’t easy to do, in the tournaments you’d see shottzy pull those off. You can’t walk in there and just do them like it’s nothing without practice. Clamber isn’t super bad, its a good thing tbh, it just needs to not be a forced mechanic where it’s needed in just about everything. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

41 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Actually it does -_-. The jumps require you to use clamber and some of them aren’t easy to do, in the tournaments you’d see shottzy pull those off. You can’t walk in there and just do them like it’s nothing without practice. Clamber isn’t super bad, its a good thing tbh, it just needs to not be a forced mechanic where it’s needed in just about everything. 

Clamber is nothing more than holding a button and looking in a broad direction. There isn't skill involved in it.

• Like (+1) 4