CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Their biggest choke is that they don't take advantage of multiple pathways in SP and when they do attempt it they don't allow that to influence what comes next. You're never confronted with a decision like "Do I just fight everything in front of the base and maybe die but avoid a fight later or do I unlock a secret route in but let the Flood out?" or something to that effect. They just have you walking down hallways shooting bullet sponges basically the whole time

• Upvote (+1) 2

Their biggest choke is that they don't take advantage of multiple pathways in SP and when they do attempt it they don't allow that to influence what comes next. You're never confronted with a decision like "Do I just fight everything in front of the base and maybe die but avoid a fight later or do I unlock a secret route in but let the Flood out?" or something to that effect. They just have you walking down hallways shooting bullet sponges basically the whole time

See my edit. God I really hope someone here played Omega Strain. What an awesome mission structure that game had...

I think there's a gif somewhere comparing Halo 3 to Halo 5 and it actually took less time to move somewhere for Halo 3 then Halo 5.

Edit: Found it.

https://gfycat.com/dizzynegativeamethystsunbird

UUUUUUUURIUEHWGOHOEWIUHIUG it makes me so mad.

Increase the map size to cater for sprint and what do you get? 

- It takes the same amount of time to travel around the map, so the mobility part is pointless.

- Medium range engagements are now extra long, meaning that the "red reticutle" distance has to be increased, making aiming easier and reducing the skill gap (also bullet magnetism has been increased to make longer range shots easier to land, compounding the issue)

- Close range engagements become messy and inconsistent with characters flying around everywhere, this issue is compunded by Halo 5's terrible aiming system.

- Due to higher magnetism and aim assist as stated above, weapons are too powerful to have open environments (BTB and Warzone are dominated by snipers that can't miss) so the maps become closer range or have lots of walls and shit in the way (The Rig/Overgrown for example) and compounding all of the above.

Why is this numbskull mechanic in what used to be a really unique FPS?

Worst part is, I can tell you the amount of time that sprint will remain in Halo... Infinite.

Yes all of that was to set that pun up.

• Upvote (+1) 7

See my edit. God I really hope someone here played Omega Strain. What an awesome mission structure that game had...

You mean syphon filter omega strain

Still can't believe that this game doesn't come out until 2020. That means we're stuck with 343 for at least 2 more years. The day they hand the franchise over to competent game developers is the day I can finally turn my Xbox on again.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Still can't believe that this game doesn't come out until 2020. That means we're stuck with 343 for at least 2 more years. The day they hand the franchise over to competent game developers is the day I can finally turn my Xbox on again.

I don't think 2020 has even been confirmed. Could be wrong tho.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’d be alright with 2020 really. At first the idea annoyed me but I’m not fussed now. What really used to scare me were the rumours that we’d be getting main Halo titles every two years... that just wouldn’t sit well with me.

H.I. Needs no sprint period, 110% movement speed, good utility weapon(needs to be the Br), dev made btb maps, hire one of those forgers on forgehub to make maps, a good FOV (90 degrees or higher please), good ranking(just go back to the 1-50 from h3) party matching is a must for ranked and even some social need to have this(warzone and btb(yes even btb should force full party’s of 8 against one another).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd add Highlands to the list of maps with good infantry options. It was a little too big for the 6v6 DLC playlists they kept it confined to but in the rare event you got that full 8v8 CTF match it was pretty good.

And don't talk shit about Danger Canyon.

True, I've always enjoyed Highlands. Severely underrated map Too bad the DLC model for Reach and H4 was so garbage, we have some really underplayedmaps as a result of no DLC requirements and the shitty matchmaking.

I know Danger Canyon is a classic in many people's mind, but much like Blood Gulch the map falls apart as soon two evenly skilled teams face one another. Instant deadlock with a (literally) never ending tug of war in CTF. The map could be really good with a better spawn system and a few added paths though.

H.I. Needs no sprint period, 110% movement speed, good utility weapon(needs to be the Br), dev made btb maps, hire one of those forgers on forgehub to make maps, a good FOV (90 degrees or higher please), good ranking(just go back to the 1-50 from h3) party matching is a must for ranked and even some social need to have this(warzone and btb(yes even btb should force full party’s of 8 against one another).

Why does it need to be the BR? I like single shot weapons personally.  There is no "Partial credit" for sweeping shots like with the BR.  The problem i have with the H5 magnum is that it fires a little too fast and feels a little spammy for what it is.  For 4v4 i like the H5 magnum kill time, i just wish it was a 4 shot instead of a 5 shot, and still 7 body shots to kill.  Making it fire slower but keeping the delta between perfect ttk and max ttk the same would be stupid

When you say you want H3 style ranking, is that for the visual ranking system only, or do you want to bring back "The grind"?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok i'm committing a double post cardinal sin, but this is a totally separate thought and its been a half hour....

thinking about all the really coveted armor sets from prior games, NONE of them were coveted because of how they looked or because they came from some skinner box.  They were coveted because they were hard to get.  You had to actually do something to get them.  I am not an armor guy.  I kind of don't give a shit. I'll just wear Mark VI all the time but for some reason A LOT of people are really attached to that shit and that kind of unlock system needs to come back as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You mean syphon filter omega strain

That's what I said in the post I was referencing, so yes.

That's what I said in the post I was referencing, so yes.

Remember i played the game back in the day for a little bit. The mission structure was good

*spelling error

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always wanted to see that 360-degree camera view for Banshees where it goes upside down if you fly upside down, like Battlefield or GTA.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why does it need to be the BR? I like single shot weapons personally. There is no "Partial credit" for sweeping shots like with the BR. The problem i have with the H5 magnum is that it fires a little too fast and feels a little spammy for what it is. For 4v4 i like the H5 magnum kill time, i just wish it was a 4 shot instead of a 5 shot, and still 7 body shots to kill. Making it fire slower but keeping the delta between perfect ttk and max ttk the same would be stupid

When you say you want H3 style ranking, is that for the visual ranking system only, or do you want to bring back "The grind"?

the Br is because no one wants a pistol as a utility and I know none of you or anyone likes the dmr. It’s not even fun using a damn pistol over a rifle. And spammy? Bruh everyone here is a die hard h1 fan the pistol is a weapon you spam the shit out of. It just feels less op because it’s projectile.

And to answer your last question both. The competitive and social(but the social needs to be like reaches.)

To answer the 110% question just make the default movement speed the speed it be if we were playing halo 3 at 110%

• Downvote (-1) 4

Power is in the punch, not the looks. I'd take a Magnum over a BR any day, not to mention a Magnum takes up less screen space.

• Upvote (+1) 2

the Br is because no one wants a pistol as a utility and I know none of you or anyone likes the dmr. It’s not even fun using a damn pistol over a rifle. And spammy? Bruh everyone here is a die hard h1 fan the pistol is a weapon you spam the shit out of. It just feels less op because it’s projectile.

And to answer your last question both. The competitive and social(but the social needs to be like reaches.)

To answer the 110% question just make the default movement speed the speed it be if we were playing halo 3 at 110%

No, casual scrublords that want lore to inform everything about multiplayer and can't realize "oh hey its a fucking video game" don't want an extremely accurate, high-caliber, nimble "sidearm" as a primary, purely because of its geometry.  The whole "its just a sidearm" mentality is kind of ridiculous especially considering the context that you are pretending to be an enhanced, 7 foot tall power-armor-clad super-soldier that can SURVIVE A FALL FROM SPACE.  Being able to fire marine sniper-sized rounds quickly from a pistol with high accuracy is pretty BA if you ask me.  However, the other side of that token is that the look doesn't really matter for the people that like the magnum either does it?  I'm totally fine with throwing the people that can't suspend their disbelief a bone and make it a DMR skin instead.  Just make the damage, range, gun action etc identical to a properly tuned magnum and stick it in a DMR skin, problem solved.  Nobody "Hates" the DMR. They just hate the H5 DMR tuning.  EZ mode, differential aim assist along the length of RRR. It used to just be a much easier to use magnum, and now its just weird. A well designed DMR primary would be fine. Classic zoom though please.

The H1 pistol doesn't feel spammy because the rate of fire, projectile speed and movement speed all fit together nicely.  And the aiming system makes sense.

You never answered the 1-50 rank question.  Do  you want it for the grind, or to keep the current placement system and replace the ranks with 1-50?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Power is in the punch, not the looks. I'd take a Magnum over a BR any day, not to mention a Magnum takes up less screen space.

this is a good point that I hadn't considered before. Too much screen coverage is a bad thing. It's one of the reasons ads is stupid.