CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

For your guys Oddball problem, the game clock never stops running, as to not affect weapon spawn times.  When the timer hits 0:00, if the losing team is in the Hill, the match goes into overtime and the timer counts into negative time (-0:01, -0:02, -0:03...).  If the losing team is out of the hill for more than 3 consecutive seconds during overtime, the game ends.  Your welcome.

• Like (+1) 1

3 seconds is too short, I say ten seconds is reasonable since we have to take into account of the hill changing locations. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Tbh I say we should replace king with overwatchs king of the hill, as that’s more fun and I think better competitively. Sure we’d obviously need maps designed around that, but that wouldn’t be hard for 343(I don’t think so) or forgers, or modders if halo infinite has full dev support.

10 minutes ago, Arlong said:

3 seconds is too short, I say ten seconds is reasonable since we have to take into account of the hill changing locations. 

For all intensive purposes, they already lost the game.  3 seconds of leeway is already generous (and included primarily so that players can strafe and engage in gun fights in and around the hill without the game immediately ending, not so they have time to move to the next hill, they should set a teammate up for the next hill if they are down by so much that they need multiple hills to win).

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Tbh I say we should replace king with overwatchs king of the hill, as that’s more fun and I think better competitively. Sure we’d obviously need maps designed around that, but that wouldn’t be hard for 343(I don’t think so) or forgers, or modders if halo infinite has full dev support.

I'm just imagining playing Halo KOTH on Ilios and not loving it. I've got a ton of time into Overwatch, and honestly find Halo's KOTH to be far more engaging. A static hill in the center of the map works well in Overwatch because of the dynamics between individual hero's and ultimates and such, but I feel like it would get boring for Halo really fast. Not to mention control is the most snowball prone gametype in OW, and I have to imagine that would be the case in Halo as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hully said:

I'm just imagining playing Halo KOTH on Ilios and not loving it. I've got a ton of time into Overwatch, and honestly find Halo's KOTH to be far more engaging. A static hill in the center of the map works well in Overwatch because of the dynamics between individual hero's and ultimates and such, but I feel like it would get boring for Halo really fast. Not to mention control is the most snowball prone gametype in OW, and I have to imagine that would be the case in Halo as well. 

You could be right about that. 

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

For all intensive purposes, they already lost the game.  3 seconds of leeway is already generous (and included primarily so that players can strafe and engage in gun fights in and around the hill without the game immediately ending, not so they have time to move to the next hill, they should set a teammate up for the next hill if they are down by so much that they need multiple hills to win).

Just in case you didnt know its intents and purposes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Just in case you didnt know its intents and purposes. 

Facts like that are a diamond dozen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Let me play doubles advocate for a second, boyo doesn't have to be the escape goat here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I could care less about this whole thing

• Like (+1) 3

What would you guys rather have as the utility in h6, BR,DMR, or pistol.

i say dmr because it’s long ranged weapon and is the most useful when fighting snipers.

23 minutes ago, Arlong said:

i say dmr because it’s long ranged weapon and is the most useful when fighting snipers.

Magnum is utility.  BR is pick up on arena maps.  DMR, Needle Rifle are pick ups on BTB maps.  

Battle Rifle 

RT fires projectiles in three round bursts, killing in 4 bursts or 12 individual bullets (1.4 seconds) with a final headshot.  LT acts as a “Combo” button that allows the user to perform Double Shots and BXRs.  Improperly executed combos cause the weapon to temporarily jam.  

Magnum 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 4 shots (1.0 seconds) with a headshot or 8 bodyshots.  LT activates a 2x scope.

DMR 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 5 shots (1.3 seconds) with a headshot or 8 bodyshots.  LT activates a 3x scope.  Armor Piercing Rounds can damage vehicle occupants directly (projectile damage reduced by 50% after passing through vehicle, still headshot capable).

Needle Rifle 

RT automatically fires projectiles that kill in 9 shots (1.4 seconds) with a headshot or 12 bodyshots by causing a supercombine.  Vehicles are also susceptible to supercombine attacks but certain sections, like the curved front end of a Ghost or Wraith, will deflect incoming needles.  LT activates a 3x scope.

Sniper Rifle 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 1 headshot or 2 bodyshots.  LT activates a 4x scope.  

Focus Rifle 

RT fires a continuous beam that kills in 0.8 seconds.  LT activates a 4x scope. 

I just want BR's. It's always felt weird to me to have multiple weapons that serve essentially the same purpose, just with slight variations. Mangum - Battle Rifle - DMR - Carbine. They're all mid range precision weapons, just slightly better or worse in specific situations. (Save for the carbine, which is basically just ammo) I don't like the idea of finding a map pickup that isn't a power weapon, that's better than my starting weapon. Just give everyone BR's and let's fight over powerups and power weapons. 

2 minutes ago, Hully said:

I just want BR's. It's always felt weird to me to have multiple weapons that serve essentially the same purpose, just with slight variations. Mangum - Battle Rifle - DMR - Carbine. They're all mid range precision weapons, just slightly better or worse in specific situations. (Save for the carbine, which is basically just ammo) I don't like the idea of finding a map pickup that isn't a power weapon, that's better than my starting weapon. Just give everyone BR's and let's fight over powerups and power weapons. 

Non-power weapons help direct the flow of players around the map in BTB.  Like, even if the DMR just spawns on the right side of your base, that means you are moving right to pick it up, and likely will continue moving right rather than backtracking back to the base and out to the left.  By placing non-power weapons, map designers can show players how to move around their map (player spawns, sees DMR off to the right, picks up DMR, sees route he can take to the right, takes route right).  

Plus, non-power weapon placements give different map areas natural callouts.  

On 9/15/2019 at 3:13 AM, Hard Way said:

This would screw up weapon timing, unless the weapons' respawn times were bound to the game clock. Even if that were the case, you would still have longer than intended periods between item spawns.

For KotH, just use Every Man Counts scoring in the hill to prevent most mathematical early victories.

For Oddball, just make it so the game can't end if the ball is still being held by the trailing team.  Actually, just do that for KotH too. No reason not to.

What about some kind of clinch clause (or whatever you want to call it) that ends the match once the game detects that the trailing team cannot mathematically come back?

Also once again gonna plug the double score powerup idea.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

3 shot pistol. The DMR is a drag and any BR-centric game is just going to be a worse H2 or H3.

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

DMR

1) Its functionally identical to the pistol

2) No "partial credit" like the BR

3) Shuts up the "MERRRR the pistol is just a SIDEarm it shouldn't do so much DAMAGE blurghhhhhhh" idiots.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

DMR

1) Its functionally identical to the pistol

2) No "partial credit" like the BR

3) Shuts up the "MERRRR the pistol is just a SIDEarm it shouldn't do so much DAMAGE blurghhhhhhh" idiots.

You can differentiate the DMR from the Magnum by its shots to kill, time to kill, scope magnification, and, most importantly, anti-vehicle traits.  The DMR’s Armor Piercing Rounds can shoot a Banshee pilot out of his vehicle in 10 shots (if all shots hit the player inside and the last is a headshot).  

Arena gets to keep a faster killing Magnum with a lower magnification scope and BTB has a weapon that kills slightly slower but has a longer effective range while also being effective against vehicles.

10 hours ago, Boyo said:

You can differentiate the DMR from the Magnum by its shots to kill, time to kill, scope magnification, and, most importantly, anti-vehicle traits.  The DMR’s Armor Piercing Rounds can shoot a Banshee pilot out of his vehicle in 10 shots (if all shots hit the player inside and the last is a headshot).  

Arena gets to keep a faster killing Magnum with a lower magnification scope and BTB has a weapon that kills slightly slower but has a longer effective range while also being effective against vehicles.

I would rather have a well-rounded DMR that functions as a solid, straight shooting, projectile utility weapon then fill in the sandbox around it.  If the weapon is projectile, it will be harder to use at longer ranges so the balancing for large scale maps takes care of itself as long as you set the projectile speed right. There is no need to have a different starting weapon with different TTK between modes when you use projectile weapons.

Reintroduce a gunfighter-style magnum as a pickup.  Have an AR secondary in most modes with no headshot multiplier and a patterned spread, not random. Remove the AR from the loadout for HCS, though i think if they make it right thats not even necessary.  If they make another RNG, headshot multiplier bullet hose like H5 well... no doubt the game will have a myriad of other sandbox issues because another AR design like that would just be a disappointing demonstration that 343 didn't learn their lesson the first time around.

• Like (+1) 1

One, all weapons should fire projectiles, even if they are effectively hitscan out to certain ranges.  Two, you really think arena needs a 3x scope on the utility?  

If you’re saying the DMR should have a 2x scope and just be a reskinned magnum, then is there another weapon that fills the DMR’s anti vehicle role in big team?

@Apoll0

25 minutes ago, Boyo said:

One, all weapons should fire projectiles, even if they are effectively hitscan out to certain ranges.  Two, you really think arena needs a 3x scope on the utility?  

If you’re saying the DMR should have a 2x scope and just be a reskinned magnum, then is there another weapon that fills the DMR’s role in big team?

@Apoll0

Yes. They should all be projectile.

A 2x or 3x scope is fine.  iirc the DMR in reach was 3x?  The problem with that weapon was the bloom and relatively slow kill time, not the scope. You don't need another weapon to fill the role in big team, the DMR would still be preferable.  Good players will be able to compensate at really extended ranges, but it wouldn't be so powerful from so far away that you could just trap people and farm them from halfway across the map.

One thing i would like to see with Infinite would be the option to pick your look sensitivity and your zoom sensitivity separately.  Or at least as a multiplier of your look sense. One thing i like about Blops4 is how i can set my look sense pretty high, then lower the zoom multiplier so i can still have some precision when scoped.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It really is best for the utility to be a rifle simply because of the people who don’t like the idea of a sidearm being so strong. 

I just like the dmr. 

The Plasma Pistol can knock out an Overshield and stun vehicles with a homing projectile.  We’re well past the point of pistols just being less powerful rifles or “sidearms”.  If anything, pistols being powerful is the norm in Halo (Mauler, Boltshot).  Can we drop this stupid argument for the Magnum not being appropriate as a utility weapon because it’s a Pistol?