Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

@Apoll0

I think in a game like arena Halo, with room based maps, and multi level structures that players operate within, pinging a location is not useful enough to warrant its inclusion in base traits.

Another method for visually sharing the location of enemies is tagging, where a targeted enemy is marked with a waypoint for the team for a short time.  This is not only useful but powerful enough where it couldn’t be a base trait, hence why only a single, relatively weak in vehicular gametypes weapon can perform it.  If you want to keep vehicles tagged, a few teammates are gonna be holding ARs, otherwise a team of 8 could literally keep a vehicle tagged all game long.  Is that how we want vehicular gametypes to be played, with a waypoint on the Warthog the whole time?

 

Anyway,

In a Halo game with no Reload, RT and LT are Fire and Scope.  Weapons without scopes use LT for other functions.  What do you think about a scopeless Battle Rifle that uses LT as a combo button like reload in RRX.  Like, an official double shot button.  The timing would be just as hard but literally the only purpose LT on a Battle Rifle serves is to combo shots and melees.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I actually like the idea behind giving XP, emblems, etc. this would give people an incentive to use game chat. If you ever play pubg squads or duos(random) 9/10 all your teammates have mics.”why” because pubg is all about communication. And it makes the game more enjoyable. I personally think it’s a console thing too since on many pc games I get teammates with mics. 

People didn't want to be forced to play in game chat in 2009 (Modern Warfare 2, SnD). And this was with party chat being extremely new. Don't force Halo to have game chat. Don't even give rewards for it.

What defines game chat? Just not being in a party? What if I don't have a working mic or I don't want to use it? 

If the only game chat requirement is to not be in a party, then I'll just mute everyone. 

If I have to not be in a party and have my mic plugged in, then you're punishing anyone who doesn't have a working mic. Or maybe I don't want to plug in my (only mic) Astro A40s because it drains my controller batteries much faster.

Giving out an emblem for using game chat? Who is actually going to use that emblem because of the significance? People are either going to use an emblem that they've always used, that looks really cool, or an achievement that's actually hard (like completing LASO).

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, JordanB said:

People didn't want to be forced to play in game chat in 2009 (Modern Warfare 2, SnD). And this was with party chat being extremely new. Don't force Halo to have game chat. Don't even give rewards for it.

What defines game chat? Just not being in a party? What if I don't have a working mic or I don't want to use it? 

If the only game chat requirement is to not be in a party, then I'll just mute everyone. 

If I have to not be in a party and have my mic plugged in, then you're punishing anyone who doesn't have a working mic. Or maybe I don't want to plug in my (only mic) Astro A40s because it drains my controller batteries much faster.

Giving out an emblem for using game chat? Who is actually going to use that emblem because of the significance? People are either going to use an emblem that they've always used, that looks really cool, or an achievement that's actually hard (like completing LASO).

TF you playing wireless for, get a pack of usb cables for like 8-12 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post

If you play Halo Reach backwards compatible right now you'll notice you can still hear game chat while you're in the Xbox one party chat. Which tells me the way chat also is packaged and networked changed between generations. Which makes me think it could actually be a good solution to everyone being in party chat nowadays - being that even while you're in party chat you can hear game chat players calling out or whatever. If you don't want to hear that there should be a global mute for game chat on a simple scoreboard command but at the very least you'll periodically hear people in game chat calling out and then make the effort to jump in with them. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arlong said:

TF you playing wireless for, get a pack of usb cables for like 8-12 bucks.

Regarding this?

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Or maybe I don't want to plug in my (only mic) Astro A40s because it drains my controller batteries much faster.

It was more of an example for the general person, not me specifically. But just for reasons anyhow:

1. I play wireless because I have two cats. The last thing I need is for one of them to run by and knock the controller out of my hand by running through the wires. And one of my cats used to chew on wires so I'd just rather not.

2. I've been stocked up on rechargable batteries for a while now. Mostly Eneloop. Supply of batteries aren't an issue for me. But it doesn't mean I want to be swapping my batteries out twice as much.

3. Micro USB cables fucking suck. I wouldn't even consider wireing my controller unless it was USB 3.0 (with or without me having any pets).

4. Not buying a USB cable just so I can get an emblem in Halo Infinite for using game chat.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

If you play Halo Reach backwards compatible right now you'll notice you can still hear game chat while you're in the Xbox one party chat. Which tells me the way chat also is packaged and networked changed between generations. Which makes me think it could actually be a good solution to everyone being in party chat nowadays - being that even while you're in party chat you can hear game chat players calling out or whatever. If you don't want to hear that there should be a global mute for game chat on a simple scoreboard command but at the very least you'll periodically hear people in game chat calling out and then make the effort to jump in with them. 

When I would play competitively by myself, in the pre game lobby I would shoot my teammates a party invite.  Most times, I would get an invite back and I would join their party chat for the game or however long we played together.  Streamline this process.  Have an invite teammates to party button and a “knock on teammates party” button that requests a party chat invite which they can grant or deny.  

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's actually great when you solo queue, match with a duo or trio, and do well enough that they invite you to the party to queue. I've had a few marathons of ranked games because of this. Do your part and invite ranked solos (if they do good of course).

Share this post


Link to post

People are sleeping on how useful it is to have a teammate in game chat that just listens. You don’t need a mic to benefit your team in game chat. Voice through speakers is a thing.

Its not a matter of being shy or reserved, it’s a matter of choosing to take part in your team’s comms, even if you don’t speak. That should be rewarded, since people can’t be bothered to do it on their own nowadays. Maybe not with unlocks, but I think an XP bonus is warranted.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The removal of charge times, the merge of scope and alternate fire, and the limiting of alternate fire through descope 

Magnum 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 4 shots (1.0 seconds) with a headshot or 8 bodyshots.  LT activates a 2x scope.

Plasma Pistol 

RT automatically fires homing projectiles that kill in 11 shots (1.5 seconds).  LT activates a 1.5x scope.  While scoped, RT fires a single EMP Bolt that deshields infantry and stuns vehicles.  

Mauler 

RT semi automatically fires a consistent, expanding spread of uniformly distributed pellets (7 pellets per shot, 10 pellets to kill).  LT activates a 1.5x scope.  While scoped, RT semi automatically fires Bruteshot rounds that kill in 3 direct impacts.  Extended melee range.  

Boltshot 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 7 shots (1.5 seconds) with a headshot or 10 bodyshots.  LT activates a 1.5x scope.  While scoped, RT fires a single bolt that kills with a headshot or does virtually no damage with a bodyshot.  Energy Shields, Shield Doors, Shield Barriers, Jackal Shields, Hardlight Shields, and Bubble Shields are ignored by the low damage but headshot capable bolt.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, JordanB said:

Regarding this?

It was more of an example for the general person, not me specifically. But just for reasons anyhow:

1. I play wireless because I have two cats. The last thing I need is for one of them to run by and knock the controller out of my hand by running through the wires. And one of my cats used to chew on wires so I'd just rather not.

2. I've been stocked up on rechargable batteries for a while now. Mostly Eneloop. Supply of batteries aren't an issue for me. But it doesn't mean I want to be swapping my batteries out twice as much.

3. Micro USB cables fucking suck. I wouldn't even consider wireing my controller unless it was USB 3.0 (with or without me having any pets).

4. Not buying a USB cable just so I can get an emblem in Halo Infinite for using game chat.

God Damn cats, they ruin the good things in life at times. But still they’re cute as shit.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Boyo said:

The removal of charge times, the merge of scope and alternate fire, and the limiting of alternate fire through descope 

Magnum 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 4 shots (1.0 seconds) with a headshot or 8 bodyshots.  LT activates a 2x scope.

Plasma Pistol 

RT automatically fires homing projectiles that kill in 11 shots (1.5 seconds).  LT activates a 1.5x scope.  While scoped, RT fires a single EMP Bolt that deshields infantry and stuns vehicles.  

Mauler 

RT semi automatically fires a consistent, expanding spread of uniformly distributed pellets (7 pellets per shot, 10 pellets to kill).  LT activates a 1.5x scope.  While scoped, RT semi automatically fires Bruteshot rounds that kill in 3 direct impacts.  Extended melee range.  

Boltshot 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 7 shots (1.5 seconds) with a headshot or 10 bodyshots.  LT activates a 1.5x scope.  While scoped, RT fires a single bolt that kills with a headshot or does virtually no damage with a bodyshot.  Energy Shields, Shield Doors, Shield Barriers, Jackal Shields, Hardlight Shields, and Bubble Shields are ignored by the low damage but headshot capable bolt.

I don’t like most of your ideas but I respect the fact you actually think of cool stuff, it’s mostly because I’d rather have simplicity back, and I just feel like some ideas over complicate stuff like 343s shit already does.

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

People are sleeping on how useful it is to have a teammate in game chat that just listens. You don’t need a mic to benefit your team in game chat. Voice through speakers is a thing.

Its not a matter of being shy or reserved, it’s a matter of choosing to take part in your team’s comms, even if you don’t speak. That should be rewarded, since people can’t be bothered to do it on their own nowadays. Maybe not with unlocks, but I think an XP bonus is warranted.

Exactly this? I don’t see a problem with an xp boost for using comms. And a helmet or something would be cool too. The communicator(I know lame name), but at least something, because people are less inclined to do something without a benefit. 

Easier chance to winning isn’t good enough if that player doesn’t give a rats ass about winning. 

Incentives are keys to everything, and that includes players staying. If this cool looking helmet requires a million xp, you’d best believe people will keep playing until they finally get it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Proper incentives to doing something is a good thikh, because otherwise people would stop playing. Sure you got your die hards, but they’re the minority and always will be, so you must add forms of progression in games which provides a unique incentive, and sometimes you add other forms of progression, just to add greater fuel. Gameplay isn’t enough sometimes, with sleight exceptions, but it won’t escape the fact people want an incentive to keep playing your game.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Easier chance to winning isn’t good enough if that player doesn’t give a rats ass about winning. 

And this is why winning needs to actually matter in every scenario, even social. I propose a currency used for unlocking cosmetics that can only be earned through winning. The faster/more efficiently you win, the greater the reward. Suddenly everyone gives a shit, and we’ve all but eliminated griefing/statting.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

And this is why winning needs to actually matter in every scenario, even social. I propose a currency used for unlocking cosmetics that can only be earned through winning. The faster/more efficiently you win, the greater the reward. Suddenly everyone gives a shit, and we’ve all but eliminated griefing/statting.

I’d be down for that. Here’s my proposal let’s have Sp and credits. Now SP you get by doing anything, and can earn “specific items” (armors only), now credits are earned by winning games(can’t earn them in any fun modes like infection, FF etc) credits get you armors, skins, emotes(if 343 decides to add them idk whatever floats someone’s boat I could care less) credits are earned through winning. If you have certain armors and especially skins behind a win only system people will definitely try more to win. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I added the fact you can still earn stuff through playing period, because there’s people who play mostly casual modes like FF, infection etc. like I mean if people who play ranked don’t care about winning then there needs to be a greater incentive. Now to put in simple terms I say 5 credits for winning a social game, where winning a ranked would be 15-20 credits(let’s jusr say cosmetic items would be 20+ credits depending on the armor or skin(some skins/armors would be like 500 I’ll add) .

Share this post


Link to post

It needs to be a fluid amount, based on performance. If you are capable of winning a CTF in 3min, then the game needs to incentivize that with credits to counter the temptation to stat and grief a team you outmatch severely. I think this is extremely important, and nobody ever really mentions it.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

It needs to be a fluid amount, based on performance. If you are capable of winning a CTF in 3min, then the game needs to incentivize that with credits to counter the temptation to stat and grief a team you outmatch severely. I think this is extremely important, and nobody ever really mentions it.

I think just being able to win in general should be rewarded, I don’t think taking that into account is important. Players are going to stat/grief less if it means getting the points they need faster. Like people stat to boost k/d, or to piss people off. But with a real incentive to win now. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Arlong said:

I think just being able to win in general should be rewarded, I don’t think taking that into account is important. Players are going to stat/grief less if it means getting the points they need faster. Like people stat to boost k/d, or to piss people off. But with a real incentive to win now. 

You’re not understanding me. I’m saying give more credits for winning faster. So if people want to drag a game out when they have the ability to end it, they lose credits. The game views it as a less efficient win, and rewards fewer points. Now there’s way less temptation to grief.

Share this post


Link to post

What do you think about linking alternate fire modes with scope?  The Light Rifle behaves differently when scoped and unscoped.  The alternate fire mode is gated behind the scope function.  The descope mechanic allows players to momentarily disable each other’s use of scope, and the alternate fire mode attached to it.  When alternate fire modes are linked with scope, descope can temper their power.

 

Light Rifle 

RT fires projectiles in three round bursts, killing in 4 bursts, 11 individual shots (1.4 seconds), with a final headshot.  LT activates a 3x scope.  While scoped, RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 3 shots (0.9 seconds) with a headshot or 6 bodyshots.  

Assault Rifle 

RT automatically fires projectiles that kill in 13 shots (1.6 seconds).  LT activates a 4x scope.  While scoped, RT temporarily tags a targeted enemy with a waypoint visible to the team.  

Sentinel Beam 

RT fires a continuous beam that kills infantry in 1.2 seconds (impacted vehicle occupants gradually lose health over time without harming the vehicle).  LT activates a 2x scope.  While scoped, RT charges then fires a single blast that kills and destroys any impacted players or vehicles but drains 85% of the battery.  

Gravity Hammer 

RT performs a short range attack that kills in 1 direct hit while producing a forward splash of knockback.  While airborne, LT hovers and displays the Ground Pound reticle.  RT while hovering activates Ground Pound.  While grounded, LT aims down the weapon’s shaft.  RT while aiming fires a single projectile, a Gravity Anchor, that drags down an impacted aerial vehicle. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Hard Way said:

You’re not understanding me. I’m saying give more credits for winning faster. So if people want to drag a game out when they have the ability to end it, they lose credits. The game views it as a less efficient win, and rewards fewer points. Now there’s way less temptation to grief.

Combine that with a "Vote to Forfeit" option that detects when players on your team quit or you are losing by X percentage

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

Nothing will stop farmers who do it because they're dicks. But the vast majority of people farm for stuff like credits, XP and nonsense like the Achilles helmet. Giving out more XP for winning faster and lowering the XP for kills, especially in objective games would be a massive step forward.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lightning Gun 

RT semi automatically fires shots that link from the target to proximate players, damaging them as well.  1 headshot or 2 bodyshots kill.  Headshots deal increased link damage to proximate players.  LT activates a 3x scope.  While scoped, RT produces a lightning bolt that strikes down vertically, from the sky to the ground, killing in 2 indirect explosions.  

Rocket Launcher 

RT semi automatically fires explosive projectiles that kill in 1 indirect shot.  LT activates HUDLink.  While HUDLink is active, the user views through the nose of the rocket, controlling its flight path with the Right Thumbstick.  

NOVA Gun 

Holding RT fires a single projectile, a Pulse Orb, that bounces off of impacted surfaces multiple times before slowing down.  Releasing RT produces a small Incineration blast surrounded by a large EMP blast.  LT activates a 2x scope.  While scoped, RT charges then fires up to 4 sticky explosives that home in on targeted enemies, detonating shortly after impact.

Share this post


Link to post

Not all weapons have their alternate fire mode linked with scope.  Primary fire and alternate fire are available simultaneously on scopeless weapons.

 

Tidal Rifle 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 6 shots (1.2 seconds) with a headshot or 9 bodyshots.  LT fires a single projectile that temporarily decreases the damage resistance of an impacted player or vehicle by 50%.  

Impacting an alternate fire projectile with a primary fire projectile creates a rapidly expanding and retracting sphere, a Black Hole, that swallows anything caught within, killing and destroying it.  A player killed by a black hole effectively has an increased respawn timer (+5 seconds) because he is temporarily trapped beyond the event horizon, experiencing time dilation before being killed by the evaporating black hole (target’s player model is removed from the map but still spectates through a ghost cam, target’s weapons appear to fire but do nothing to other players, finally a jump-scare visual/audio is played killing the target and beginning his respawn timer).

Plasma Rifle 

RT automatically fires projectiles that kill in 10 shots (1.2 seconds).  Successive headshots deal increasing damage (1.25x, 1.75x, 3x, 4x).  LT aggressively vents heat from the weapon in a narrow, short range, forward attack (higher heat, higher damage).

Spiker 

RT automatically fires projectiles that kill in 8 shots (1.0 seconds).  Vertical recoil and projectile drop over distance limit the weapon’s effective range.  Spikes penetrate light cover, ricochet up to three times, and momentarily knock back impacted infantry (increased knockback against airborne players).  LT fires a limited range Grappling Hook that quickly pulls the user to the point of impact.  Extended melee range.  

Shotgun 

RT semi automatically fires a consistent, expanding spread of uniformly distributed pellets (19 pellets per shot, 15 pellets to kill).  LT activates a Flashlight that illuminates dark areas and reveals players using Active Camo.

Energy Sword 

RT lunges at a proximate, targeted enemy, killing in 1 hit.  LT activates a Thermal Scan revealing recent enemy footprints.  

Tractor Beam 

RT fires a continuous beam that pulls in aerial vehicles.  LT picks up and carries a moveable object.  While holding a moveable object, LT drops it.  While holding a moveable object, RT launches it forward.  Different objects have different projectile speeds, effective ranges, impact damages, and effects on impact.

Gravity Bow 

RT charges then fires a single projectile that kills in 2 shots (1.2 seconds).  No cooldown after firing causes the weapon to behave like an automatic with a slow rate of fire if the trigger is held down.  Impacted players are knocked back (airborne players more so).  LT produces a wide, short range, low damage, forward moving Gravity Wave that knocks back proximate players, vehicles, moveable objects, projectiles and grenades.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/13/2019 at 5:21 AM, Hard Way said:

You’re not understanding me. I’m saying give more credits for winning faster. So if people want to drag a game out when they have the ability to end it, they lose credits. The game views it as a less efficient win, and rewards fewer points. Now there’s way less temptation to grief.

Ok I get it now, sorry the earlier comment was a little confusing. Now that I think of it, warzone made it so you couldn’t get max xp/req points unless the game lasted for ten minutes and I remember farming until that mark.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.