CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

42 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

No, I meant, why end the post on it. Is it the catchphrase of the gametype, or was it just for dramatic effect.

Dramatic effect, for now. Personally hope it does catch on

• Like (+1) 3

Don't listen to her, Soul. You end your posts however you want to man.

Medium fry...

13 hours ago, Xandrith said:

someone tell me I got robbed

giphy.gif

Sorry man that looked legit to me

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2019 at 7:32 AM, Xandrith said:

giphy.gif

How very Halo 5.

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/31/2019 at 5:13 PM, S0UL FLAME said:

I've got some videos I want you all to see.

A rag tag group of Halo fans came together to make a hybrid of classic and modern Halo gameplay on Halo 5 Guardians. The maps invoke the feeling that you've seen them before, but they're entirely new locations. You start with the H2BR and two frags, with a tweaked thrust and stabilize to spice up the original base movement formula. Assault and King of the Hill make a return. There is no radar.

Mythic...On.

Now why does this seem familiar....

4 hours ago, Killmachine said:

Now why does this seem familiar....

Those maps are really good wow

On 8/31/2019 at 7:32 PM, Xandrith said:

giphy.gif

You got robbed compared to what you are used to with H5 because 99% of the time  both those shots would be headshots but in reality.... looks like the hit detection is working the way it actually should.  Close misses.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

You got robbed compared to what you are used to with H5 because 99% of the time  both those shots would be headshots but in reality.... looks like the hit detection is working the way it actually should.  Close misses.

We've become so accustomed to H5's handholding, that when the sniper appears to miss NORMALLY is when we call bullshit. I don't know if I would call that sad, or funny.

• Like (+1) 3

Does the H2 br ever not hit all 3 shots?  I know it shoots straight, but i think the default BR might be better, as much as i hate to say that because i think the redesign was poorly executed.

Then again all you have to do to hit headshots with default is aim center mass.  Its really a shitty situation overall... The weapons in this game man...

Edit - Just use the pistol.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:20 AM, The Tyco said:

We've become so accustomed to H5's handholding, that when the sniper appears to miss NORMALLY is when we call bullshit. I don't know if I would call that sad, or funny.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:20 AM, The Tyco said:

Sounds like "you got robbed" with extra steps

The Injector is a Promethean Aerial Vehicle.  It looks like one of these:

841263p.jpg

Rather than entering this vehicle by climbing into it, players instantly teleport inside of a craft that appears too small to physically hold the number of occupants that it does.

It can carry up to 4 players: 1 operator and 3 passengers.  The operator moves the vehicle horizontally with the Left Thumbstick.  RB and LB increase and decrease altitude.  LT activates a brief Phase Shift, rendering the vehicle and occupants invulnerable for a moment.  

Each passenger can aim with the Right Thumbstick, Scope with R3, and Teleport with RT.  RT instantly transports the passenger to his reticle’s location, as if he was fired from the vehicle like a hitscan shot.

There are three ways to enter the vehicle.  By getting close to it and holding X to teleport inside, by pressing Up on the D pad during the respawn timer to spawn inside, or by pressing Up on the D pad while the Promethean Pistol is equipped to teleport inside from any distance (the Boltshot is equipped with a Transponder that links with the vehicle).

• Thonking (+0) 1

The Sphinx is a Mobile Promethean Base with many smaller “vehicles” attached to it, housed within it, and linked with it.

The Slider and the Rover are permanently attached to the Sphinx.  The Monitor is housed within the Sphinx but can roam away.  The Injector is an independent aerial vehicle, not tied to the Sphinx, but it is tied to the Boltshot, two of which spawn in the Sphinx.  Two Hoverbikes spawn within the Sphinx and can be ridden out.

The Slider is a semi mobile turret attached to the outer walls of the Sphinx.  It can travel along predetermined routes using the D pad.

The Rover is a semi mobile turret attached to the roof of the Sphinx.  It can teleport between four locations using the D pad.  

The Monitor is a mobile ground vehicle that can freely travel away from the Sphinx that housed it.

The Hoverbike is a mobile ground vehicle that can pass through solid objects in front of it, allowing it to drive straight out of the Sphinx housing it.

A Boltshot user can instantly teleport to the Injector by pressing Up on the D pad.  Two Boltshots spawn in the Sphinx.

The Boltshot 

While unscoped, RT and RB are Primary Fire and Alternate Fire.  Primary Fire fires a continuous, hitscan beam that kills in 1.2 seconds but will eventually overheat the battery.  

Alternate Fire semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 3 shots with a headshot (0.6 seconds) or 6 bodyshots (1.5 seconds).  The 6 shot magazine regenerates 1 shot every 0.2 seconds after last firing.

While scoped (1.5x scope), RT or RB fires a single projectile that begins dropping once past close range.  RT fires a projectile that instantly kills the target with a headshot, regardless of shield level but does virtually no damage with a bodyshot.  RB fires a projectile that instantly teleports the user to the point of impact.  Scoped Fire has a 7.7 second cooldown, disabling scope entirely until finished.

Up on the D pad instantly teleports the user to the Injector.

I'm not sure Microsofts strategy of waiting until E3 2020 is a good idea. That might not be enough time for hype. After Halo 5 being a swing and miss, and the Xbox One (original) launch being a PR disaster and MCC being the biggest joke in the history of AAA releases they need a big win here.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I'm not sure Microsofts strategy of waiting until E3 2020 is a good idea. That might not be enough time for hype. After Halo 5 being a swing and miss, and the Xbox One (original) launch being a PR disaster and MCC being the biggest joke in the history of AAA releases they need a big win here.

The Breaking Bad movie coming to Netflix wasn’t announced that far ahead and it kinda got me more hyped.  Like, there’s previews for movies in theatres that are nine months away.  Even if they look good, I don’t reserve a spot in my mind for them because it’s just too far away to be worth remembering for that long.  Something’s coming out in a month or two?  Every once in a while I can think “oh shit, two more weeks till ______”

What if Invasion was 6 Spartans and 6 Elites...

AGAINST 8 PROMETHEANS!

• Thonking (+0) 1

8 hours ago, darkstar said:

I would prefer if Prometheans instead disappeared from Halo entirely.   

Seconded.

13 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Seconded.

From a sandbox design perspective, it’s nice to have Prometheans in the game.  Human weapons are standard.  Elites have analogous weapons that look and behave more alien but are still familiar.  Brute weapons are typically technically inferior but more brutal in design.  Promethean weapons are superior and designed primarily to combat The Flood.  

I look at Prometheans not as they are but what they could be.  In my Promethean sandbox, not a single weapon has been carried over unchanged.  In fact, most Promethean weapons have been redesigned completely.  I want to make players feel like the designers of these weapons have truly mastered the universe (while at the same time not being too overpowered in gameplay).

Plus, it would make for a dope Invasion variant.  Invasion would typically be 10 Spartans vs 10 Elites but one map and gametype would be designed for 6 Spartan and 6 Elite Defenders against 8 Promethean Attackers.  The advanced Promethean weapons and vehicles would give them the ability to potentially beat back a larger force.

What changes to Prometheans would make them more palatable in campaign?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

From a sandbox design perspective, it’s nice to have Prometheans in the game

First, we already have Sentinels as an avenue to build on.  No uninspired terminator shit required.

Second, there's no reason you couldn't just have more exotic Covenant weapons.  I mean up to a certain point anyways, they're an advanced alien race that bases most of their technology on the "masters of the universe" so it's still largely believable.  Look at what SPV3 already does.

Third, and this ties into the second point, 343i isn't even exploring the possibilities that already exist.  Covenant sandbox is just blue reskinned human sandbox (there is zero benefit or point to this being the case, we don't need them to be familiar), and promethean sandbox is just orange skinned human sandbox on top of that.  And the Promethean sandbox is just...oh god is it fucking bad.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

What changes to Prometheans would make them more palatable in campaign?

Deletion.  I hate everything about them.  I hate their appearance.  I hate their lore.  I hate their stupid game design.

Fine.  If I have to begrudgingly be constructive:

Watchers catching grenades and summoning enemies is a neat addition.  Really anything that adds pros and cons to weapon choice and introduces target prioritization like classic Halo does is a good thing.  Jackals blocking bullets but being vulnerable to precision shots, grunts being poor targets for heavy weapons but good targets for weaker ones, hunters being the exact opposite, Elites being pretty strong against anything but energy weapons, etc.  Run with that mentality in mind when designing new enemies.

Knights do none of that.  They just absorb anything you throw out at them, teleport around obnoxiously, then fizzle out of existence on death.  Soldiers are less insufferable but still don't bring much to the table either.  Random idea off the top of my head, they leave a split second momentary wormhole behind when teleporting that if you react fast enough you can throw a grenade in or walk through to instantly kill them on the other side...which would in turn be countered by the aforementioned Watchers that need to be dealt with first.  It's something.  Achilles heels are good.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

First, we already have Sentinels as an avenue to build on.  No uninspired terminator shit required.

That’s fine with me.  If all Forerunner type enemies are now Sentinel variants instead of Prometheans, that doesn’t really change anything.  Just a rename and redesign.

36 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

Second, there's no reason you couldn't just have more exotic Covenant weapons.  I mean up to a certain point anyways, they're an advanced alien race that bases most of their technology on the "masters of the universe" so it's still largely believable.  Look at what SPV3 already does.

The Covenant no longer exist right?  This is good because it further splits the Elite and Brute sandboxes so they can each better reflect the values of their respective species (honorable Elites use a sword, berserk Brutes use a hammer, spikes are a particularly brutal projectile type, some brute weapons have blades attached, etc).  

SPV3 definitely does some interesting things but I don’t agree with the “Elite variant, Brute variant” approach they take with Covenant weapons like the Needler and Plasma Pistol.  What they did is a great achievement but not the direction I would take the sandbox.  There’s no need to have a brute variant of a weapon when Brutes can simply have their own weapon (I do like the idea of different, more powerful variants of weapons but I would handle that through a power up that uniquely modifies each weapon, not by having an elite variant and a brute variant of the same weapon).

50 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

Deletion.  I hate everything about them.  I hate their appearance.  I hate their lore.  I hate their stupid game design.

Fair.  I don’t particularly care for them either.  All I really need, sandbox wise, is some race that is technologically superior to humans and elites and whose weapons have anti-Flood traits.  

53 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

Really anything that adds pros and cons to weapon choice and introduces target prioritization like classic Halo does is a good thing.

Agreed.

55 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

Random idea off the top of my head, they leave a split second momentary wormhole behind when teleporting that if you react fast enough you can throw a grenade in or walk through to instantly kill them on the other side...which would in turn be countered by the aforementioned Watchers that need to be dealt with first.  It's something.  Achilles heels are good.

That sounds like a good idea.  I’m all for making AI more interesting to fight.

21 hours ago, Arlong said:

Whay was the lore behind promethions? 

Promethean's are composed ancient humans designed to combat the Flood and act as a form of punishment for fighting against the Forerunners.

3 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Promethean's are composed ancient humans designed to combat the Flood and act as a form of punishment for fighting against the Forerunners.

Tbh that’s not that bad. It’s avtua kinda cool when you think about it, especially since it was the Didact who did it because of his immense hatred of humans. He wanted to punish humans for the war they started, the killing of his people, and although not their fault, he blamed them for the flood finding the four runners, as the humans were fleeing the flood, but evidence shows that the floods creation is the result of the four runners killing the precursors.