CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

7 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Uhhhhhh it's not gonna be "fixed" if it's not viewed as a problem. And no it's not easier to fix lmao. One requires the dev to actually go in and fix it. If they don't want to you're fucked. You can literally play no sprint and you have an endless stream of forge maps. So you can at least play versions of the game. 

Also sick list if problems. Even though half aren't even directly tied to sprint. But guess what none of those things Do? Add RNG. But hey keep rockin. 

Well sprinting means you're more likely to get shot from behind, which I believe is random and shouldn't be in an FPS? So... 

• Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Well sprinting means you're more likely to get shot from behind, which I believe is random and shouldn't be in an FPS? So... 

No it doesn't. It's also still not random. But good try you were so close.

Another thing is that spread can be so small that it hard matters but sprint is pretty much always cancer no matter how much it is tuned. Sprint in H5 is a shell of what it was in Reach and still the maps are ass, weapon balance is ass ans people escape gunfights left and right. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Basu said:

Another thing is that spread can be so small that it hard matters but sprint is pretty much always cancer no matter how much it is tuned. Sprint in H5 is a shell of what it was in Reach and still the maps are ass, weapon balance is ass ans people escape gunfights left and right. 

And sprint can be a.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% movement increase. Also none of those things bar escaping are directly caused by sprint. And even with escaping strongsiding is one of the most broken escape tools Halo has ever seen lol. With no sprint.

• Thonking (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

No it doesn't. It's also still not random. But good try you were so close.

I seem to recall a different conversation from Ice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JordanB said:

I seem to recall a different conversation from Ice. 

No, you don't. This has been explained about 15x by now. You recall wrong. Stop.

22 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

More so putting emphasis on how your gun should work and that (For them) takes precedence over movement preferences.

> Puts 'emphasis on how a gun should work'

> Calls mobility while your gun doesn't work a 'movement preference'

:walshy::walshy::walshy:

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Basu said:

Okay, but why even tolerate it at all in an FPS, lol. Again, a first person shooter is literally about shooting your target. Why are we passing off your gun not working 100% of the time as hardly mattering, or trying to justify its non-severity in the first place when its very presence is a big issue to every gunfight in the game, especially Halo 3's. I think what bothers me is that justification. For something that is pretty unjustifiable for a comp, or rather, a wannabe comp game. I think we're the only community on the planet with that sort of Stockholm Syndrome to shit things, lol. And can't just outright say "this is shit" without some sort of "but".

Likewise, I'm ultimately indifferent to sprint, but do you really believe there are sprint exclusive downsides that don't occur on a different scale when you remove it? Like escaping. Do you think you just don't escape in older Halos? Or, rather, are unable to because sprint doesn't exist. Because we have strongsiding. And maps with corners, where you can just corner dip and escape. Or maps that are purely segmented. Why does sprint somehow introduce this, as if escapability isn't based on the map, lanes of engagement and kill potential, based on the varying scales the games are designed for.

Lastly, we know map quality, balance, and (again) escapability aren't based inherently on sprint. You can have good or bad maps with or without it, we have Halo 2 and its easy-ass BR showing you can have an older Halo that aims for you, and we know escaping occurs in prior Halos and isn't based on a movement mechanic specifically.

2 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

> 'Puts emphasis on how a gun should work'

> Calls moving while your gun doesn't work a 'movement preference'

Sprint isn't your gun failing to work. Big difference.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

No, you don't. This has been explained about 15x by now. You recall wrong. Stop.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification 

In a game about shooting people I'd prefer to be able to do it 100% of the time while moving at the intended max movement speed.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

In a game about shooting people I'd prefer to be able to do it 100% of the time while moving at the intended max movement speed.

100% of the time, with a ??% success rate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

100% of the time, with a ??% success rate.

Spit-balling numbers here but if we are talking H3 on good connection:

90-100% in close range

80-100% in mid to mid-long range

70-90% in long range

The spread affects these numbers the least. Primary culprits are how well I'm leading or if MCC wants to be gay and negate my shots every now and again. I actually get worse shot reg in H5 so I could honestly deal with it. However, I will admit it more has to do with my aim assist breaking once I pop someone's shields than actual blank shots.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

Spit-balling numbers here but if we are talking H3 on good connection:

90-100% in close range

80-100% in mid to mid-long range

70-90% in long range

The spread affects these numbers the least. Primary culprits are how well I'm leading or if MCC wants to be gay and negate my shots every now and again. I actually get worse shot reg in H5 so I could honestly deal with it. However, I will admit it more has to do with my aim assist breaking once I pop someone's shields than actual blank shots.

That's.... a lot of arbitrary, unproven success rates. At presumably arbitrary, user-defined ranges. Would love some empirical stuff on this.

Likewise to this weird aim assist breakage. Never heard of this before. How would I best replicate it to notice it/prove its existence. Wanna see this.

On the topic of escapability:

One of the reasons positioning and map awareness is so demanding in CE is that escapability is very low. I play CE on a higher sensitivity than every other Halo for the sole fact that when you get shot in the back 99% of the time your best option is to turn and shoot back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Sprint is exactly your gun failing to work. It's your gun failing to be on your fucking character at all. There's a top speed on this map and it may only be reached by expressly not playing a first person shooter, wherein, best case scenario, it's used to play passively and inspire passive choices - and that's when it's on a fucking decent map. It will always allow for shit positioning no matter the layout of objecitves or geometry or items because it fucks with the way player's interact without exception. If I'm penalized for moving aggressively 100% of the time you better fucking believe I'll drop that shit faster than I would being unjustly penalized a random amount of time. It's still stupid and ridiculous and should never be in the game at all - but there's a chance I won't be penalized. Maybe your mileage varies cause we've established you're wack, but SURELY this thought occurred to you before posting.

So please, elucidate how Sprint isn't literally the explosive theoretical extreme of one or multiple elements we all loathe about random spread. We can fucking hate both, you know? We get vocally pissed about both on a regular basis, and talk shit about Halo 3 for this exact goddamn reason. You say you're indifferent but idk what the point of this moronic false dichotomy is if not to lowkey be a closet Sprint apologist. :salt:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay, but why even tolerate it at all in an FPS, lol. Again, a first person shooter is literally about shooting your target. Why are we passing off your gun not working 100% of the time as hardly mattering, or trying to justify its non-severity in the first place when its very presence is a big issue to every gunfight in the game, especially Halo 3's. I think what bothers me is that justification. For something that is pretty unjustifiable for a comp, or rather, a wannabe comp game. I think we're the only community on the planet with that sort of Stockholm Syndrome to shit things, lol. And can't just outright say "this is shit" without some sort of "but".

Likewise, I'm ultimately indifferent to sprint, but do you really believe there are sprint exclusive downsides that don't occur on a different scale when you remove it? Like escaping. Do you think you just don't escape in older Halos? Or, rather, are unable to because sprint doesn't exist. Because we have strongsiding. And maps with corners, where you can just corner dip and escape. Or maps that are purely segmented. Why does sprint somehow introduce this, as if escapability isn't based on the map, lanes of engagement and kill potential, based on the varying scales the games are designed for.

Lastly, we know map quality, balance, and (again) escapability aren't based inherently on sprint. You can have good or bad maps with or without it, we have Halo 2 and its easy-ass BR showing you can have an older Halo that aims for you, and we know escaping occurs in prior Halos and isn't based on a movement mechanic specifically.

The thing about escaping in no sprint is because you truly earned to get away. You were so close to that corner where it makes sense you could get away. There’s times where sprint allowed you to completely get away which only caused frustration from the player. 

You know where Sprint could work in Halo?  Flood Mode.  A squad of ODST’s have to survive against wave after wave of various flood forms.  When your Flashlight is attached to your weapon, sprinting means not seeing well in front of you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

You know where Sprint could work in Halo?  Flood Mode.  A squad of ODST’s have to survive against wave after wave of various flood forms.  When your Flashlight is attached to your weapon, sprinting means not seeing well in front of you.

Define "Sprint" in this context.

Onto a better topic, whats the optimal (even if optimal is subjective) shield recharge rate and the delay for it to begin charging?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

None and none.  Because non-recharging health with map pickups is better.  Don't @ me.

Did you actually think there was any escaping this hell?

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

None and none.  Because non-recharging health with map pickups is better.  Don't @ me.

Oh shi-

9 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

Sprint is exactly your gun failing to work. It's your gun failing to be on your fucking character at all. There's a top speed on this map and it may only be reached by expressly not playing a first person shooter, wherein, best case scenario, it's used to play passively and inspire passive choices - and that's when it's on a fucking decent map. It's a crutch will always allow for shit positioning no matter the layout of objecitves or geometry or items. If I'm penalized for moving aggressively 100% of the time you better fucking believe I'll drop that shit faster than I would being unjustly penalized a random amount of time. Maybe your mileage varies cause we've established you're wack, but SURELY this thought occurred to you before posting.

So please, elucidate how Sprint isn't literally the explosive theoretical extreme of one or multiple elements we all loathe about random spread. We can fucking hate both, you know? We get vocally pissed about both on a regular basis, and talk shit about Halo 3 for this exact goddamn reason. You say you're indifferent but idk what the point of this moronic false dichotomy is if not to lowkey be a closet Sprint apologist. :salt:

1.) Play and understand Halo 5 and tell me you're punished for playing aggressive.

1.1) Play and understand Halo 5 and tell me sprint is purely passive and only inspires passive choices.

1.2) 100% of the time means nothing, it's yet another meaningless statistic. Means nothing.

2.) I went over how sprint isn't random and is purely user defined in when you do it, earlier. Random spread IS random. It's not defined by you, or someone else's actions. It's purely defined by an in game numerical generator, independent of you, determining your bullet to be shot off target when you aimed on target, actively, in combat. Someone sprinting is the result of an active player choice, or your own. As such, it isn't an extreme like random spread. It's a different potential issue than spread is entirely. Even then, it isn't extreme as we see with Halo 5. With that said, sprint isn't a crutch, lol. Refer to the response to Arlong below.

2.69) Chill out a bit.

Just now, Arlong said:

The thing about escaping in no sprint is because you truly earned to get away. You were so close to that corner where it makes sense you could get away. There’s times where sprint allowed you to completely get away which only caused frustration from the player. 

You do realize the only reason you can sprint away in the first place in newer titles is because you were close to that corner or piece of cover in that game, relative to its movement mechanics. It's the same in games before it, just different movement. You earned the right to get away, just as you did in the other game. I'd imagine people just notice it more because you're able to be more aggressive overall when you have abilities that can reel you in better. So you'll find more engagements with people escaping.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

Define "Sprint" in this context.

Go forward faster but can’t fire.

28 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Onto a better topic, whats the optimal (even if optimal is subjective) shield recharge rate and the delay for it to begin charging?

Short delay, slow rate.

22 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

+5% Health and +5% Shield pick ups in a gametype with non recharging health and shields would be cool.

20 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

I'd have Reach's health system with H2's wait times and recharge speeds.

I too like Reach’s health system.  This doesn’t sound bad at all.  Except how health packs recharge shields.

• Like (+1) 2