CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Nothing other than betrayals should ever extend your respawn time.  The respawn time is used as a tool to balance the flow of the game which is why traditionally slayer has been 5 seconds and objective has been 10. The removal of that in Halo 5 is imo a terribly underappreciated failing of their attempt at "universality".  its a purposeful pacing tool and nothing should randomly fuck with it.

In h5 it’s 7 second respawns in slayer which I hate! 

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Hmmmm getting the kill and still having positioning is enough of an advantage you say? Hmmmm that sounds familiar. 

Yes. It does.

image_cover.jpg?f=286&n=aa000da0-784b-11e7-8203-abacaa3272cd.jpg&h=320f3d243a4b96624c1e102a32a5cd37

10 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Yes. It does.

image_cover.jpg?f=286&n=aa000da0-784b-11e7-8203-abacaa3272cd.jpg&h=320f3d243a4b96624c1e102a32a5cd37

Too bad it has grenades

• Fire (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

43 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Yes. It does.

Not quite champ. Maybe next time. 

33 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Too bad it has grenades

Yea. I'll pretend both games are even close to having similar nade mechanics. For sure. 

23 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Not quite champ. Maybe next time. 

My dude, that game is the closest you are gonna get with what you want, and also having a healthy population to sustain it. I know it doesn't share the traits you like from Halo 5 (Perfectly accurate hitscan gun no matter the situation for example) but surely you could find it easy to grind it once you got a PC.

If not, I'd like to read your reasons why.

• Upvote (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

My dude, that game is the closest you are gonna get with what you want, and also having a healthy population to sustain it. I know it doesn't share the traits you like from Halo 5 (Perfectly accurate hitscan gun no matter the situation for example) but surely you could find it easy to grind it once you got a PC.

Sprinty boi better than weapon spray boi

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Boyo said:

Uh, why?

He practically negs everything, don't sweat it.

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Nah CS is insanely far from what I want in a game. And yea the main thing making it unrealistic is that I dont own a PC nor do I have any idea when I will. Yea I would probably have no issue grinding it. Game is fun with a solid skill gap. But it is way out of the picture.And not what I am looking for.

Blood worked super well in Halo 1 and 2. I understand why it was toned down for Halo 3 (the art style was fruity) but I want Halo to go back to being MA15+ rather than Megabloks ready PG/M.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Sprinty boi better than weapon spray boi

Oof, tough choice.  Not sure if I agree though.  At least with constant spread like Halo 3 you just accept there's nothing you can do about it and you continue to play the game in relatively the same way.  I dislike bloom WAY more than constant spread because even though you can technically 'negate' it, you feel cheated no matter what.  If you slow down to pace your shots and lose, you made the wrong choice.  If you continue shooting at max ROF next time and lose because of bloom, you made the wrong choice.  Even if you win, you're left wondering "Maybe I would've taken less damage if I did the other thing".  Sprint is very much the same way for me in that it feels like no matter what I do it very well might be the wrong choice and there's no great way of knowing or learning otherwise.  If you die while sprinting away, maybe you should've just stayed and fought, if you stayed and fought then the opposite.  It's like there's no right answer. Halo 3 you more or less shoot the same way you would in H2 (plus leading) because what can you do about spread; nothing, really.  It's one thing to screw me over from the backseat, but I think mechanics that take the wheel constantly are much more frustrating.

^ personally

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Damn, sprint with an accurate and reliable utility or no sprint and an unreliable utility.  Raise and lower an accurate weapon or always have an inaccurate weapon ready.  I guess the questions would be, how unreliable are we talking and how long does it take to pull your weapon up from sprint.  I think I would have to go with sprint and an accurate, reliable utility weapon because then at least some of the time, the game could feel good.

Maps and movement over the utility for me. H3 host BR (ideally LAN) would be just fine if I had to choose something "less reliable". In a perfect world I'd have the Reach ZB DMR, though.

• Like (+1) 2

I would take the H3 BR over Sprint any day. Not even a tough choice.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Fixing random bullet spread post launch is infinitely easier than fixing everything sprint does to the game.

• Like (+1) 8

Depends how much spread there is. Anything significantly above the H3 BR and I'd rather have sprint. Few things in gaming are as frustrating as watching your bullets curve around your opponent because of random bullet deviation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 level BR RNG - Has a real effect that changes the winner and loser occasionally in BR vs BR gunfights. Easily fixed 100% post-launch or significantly mitigated in other ways (ie MLG-esque damage increase).

Sprint - Has a real, pervasive effect throughout the entire design of the game.  Impossible to fix post launch. Map scale, BMS, aim assist, magnetism, RRR, average engagement distance, slower average scoring pace.  I know im missing a bunch.

So yeah, i'll take the H3 BR over sprint any day of the week.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Uhhhhhh it's not gonna be "fixed" if it's not viewed as a problem. And no it's not easier to fix lmao. One requires the dev to actually go in and fix it. If they don't want to you're fucked. You can literally play no sprint and you have an endless stream of forge maps. So you can at least play versions of the game. 

Also sick list if problems. Even though half aren't even directly tied to sprint. But guess what none of those things Do? Add RNG. But hey keep rockin. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Uhhhhhh it's not gonna be "fixed" if it's not viewed as a problem. And no it's not easier to fix lmao. One requires the dev to actually go in and fix it. If they don't want to you're fucked. You can literally play no sprint and you have an endless stream of forge maps. So you can at least play versions of the game. 

Also sick list if problems. Even though half aren't even directly tied to sprint. But guess what none of those things Do? Add RNG. But hey keep rockin. 

Thats part of the point... even if its not viewed as a problem and they don't fix it, its not as big of a problem as sprint is.  They're all tied to sprint. Just because they can be changed independent of sprint, doesn't mean sprint doesn't have OBVIOUS effects. If you want to practice some willful ignorance, go for it but i'm not going to play this fucking game again. 

1 minute ago, Apoll0 said:

Thats part of the point... even if its not viewed as a problem and they don't fix it, its not as big of a problem as sprint is.  They're all tied to sprint. Just because they can be changed independent of sprint, doesn't mean sprint doesn't have OBVIOUS effects. If you want to practice some willful ignorance, go for it but i'm not going to play this fucking game again. 

It's not a game. One is RNG that can ONLY be fixed by a developer. One is just a meta you don't prefer. But difference so stop pretending ease of fixing is an argument. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Removing spread on PC with mods is literally a 5 minute job, recreating an entire game to work without sprint when it has been designed for sprint is a nightmare.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1