CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

13 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Read this again, but slowly. You just contradicted yourself. The plasma pistol is an excellent example of niche, utilitarian weapon design where it's infinitely useful in spite of its hilarious inability to kill. How well a weapon can kill a player should honestly be the last thing devs look at when designing a sandbox. Otherwise you end up with everything as a variation of "it just kills shit" (11 Battlefield Assault Rifles anybody?), and everyone simply going for the most optimal weapon and ignoring everything else.

Honestly, the Plasma Pistol could stand to be more lethal; wouldn't hurt the sandbox if its primary fire wasn't ass every game.

Oh I did, and even if it is like that I’m regards to battlefield or cod, it’s not like people hate the other guns. You’re giving me no reason to pick up that plasma rifle. The plasma pistol is such an effective niche weapon that picking it up supports your precision weapon. Every gun if not most should hold the ability to kill, or they become something that feels not really needed or desired. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Oh I did, and even if it is like that I’m regards to battlefield or cod, it’s not like people hate the other guns. You’re giving me no reason to pick up that plasma rifle. The plasma pistol is such an effective niche weapon that picking it up supports your precision weapon. Every gun if not most should hold the ability to kill, or they become something that feels not really needed or desired. 

Why won’t you pick up a Plasma Rifle?

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Why won’t you pick up a Plasma Rifle?

He’s probably racist against non-humans. Never forget #TheFutureIsOrange

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Assassinations can be performed from any angle, not just from behind.  Different animations occur depending on the weapon and the angle of attack.

So are you saying by pressing the (fire) button is not a 1 hit kill, only the (melee) button? If this is not what you're saying, then what's the difference between the two buttons, other than an animation (which in general is dumb).

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JordanB said:

So are you saying by pressing the (fire) button is not a 1 hit kill, only the (melee) button? If this is not what you're saying, then what's the difference between the two buttons, other than an animation (which in general is dumb).

Fire button is unaffected.  It’s still a one hit kill on the Sword and Hammer.

Rather than have Assassination animations on all weapons, that can get accidentally activated in game, only the melee weapons, which have a redundant button (don’t really need a melee button when the fire button performs a melee attack), can perform assassinations now.  Assassinations will never be accidentally triggered now that it’s a separate button.  

If you are close enough to melee someone with a sword or hammer equipped, they’re dead anyway.  

There can be multiple assassination animations due to the multiple angles of occurrence.  And melee weapons can have the coolest looking assassinations.

Assassinating an enemy could add a 10 second penalty onto his respawn timer if you wanted to give it a legitimate purpose in gameplay.  Risk getting killed by his teammate during the animation for the reward of knocking him out of the game for longer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Rather than have Assassination animations on all weapons, that can get accidentally activated in game, only the melee weapons, which have a redundant button (don’t really need a melee button when the fire button performs a melee attack), can perform assassinations now.  Assassinations will never be accidentally triggered now that it’s a separate button.  

Or just be a normal human being and turn them off in your settings. I've never enjoyed animating someone, not even for humiliation. Just a stupid waste of time and dev resources.

5 minutes ago, Basu said:

Or just be a normal human being and turn them off in your settings. I've never enjoyed animating someone, not even for humiliation. Just a stupid waste of time and dev resources.

Plenty of games have taunts that are pointless and people seem to enjoy them.  Assassinations are at least tied to gameplay in that they kill your enemy, just in a flashy, completely unnecessary fashion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I gotta say, I don’t mind the idea of assassination animations triggering longer respawn times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Since objectives are also technically melee weapons, you could have assassinations on those too.

I would have the option for Assassinations be brutal though.  Like if you were holding the Oddball and assassinated an enemy from head on, you would knock him on his back, mount him, and beat him with the Oddball like Bruce Willis did to that yellow guy in Sin City. 

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Since objectives are also technically melee weapons, you could have assassinations on those too.

I would have the option for Assassinations be brutal though.  Like if you were holding the Oddball and assassinated an enemy from head on, you would knock him on his back, mount him, and beat him with the Oddball like Bruce Willis did to that yellow guy in Sin City. 

That shit already exists, even with a 343 cringe medal attached to it ("flagsassination").

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Assassinating an enemy could add a 10 second penalty onto his respawn timer if you wanted to give it a legitimate purpose in gameplay.  Risk getting killed by his teammate during the animation for the reward of knocking him out of the game for longer.

Jesus fucking hell this would be infuriating

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, L377UC3 said:

Jesus fucking hell this would be infuriating

You could always get sucked into the Energy Sword, broken down into energy, and turned into an increase in battery level for the weapon.  All while you spectate from inside the sword for 10 seconds.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

37 minutes ago, Boyo said:

You could always get sucked into the Energy Sword, broken down into energy, and turned into an increase in battery level for the weapon.  All while you spectate from inside the sword for 10 seconds.

I think the spectate portion is not a strong idea, due to it having the potential of revealing where the sword user is for free. Though, I do think it is a comical idea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

One way to get around the gore issue is to blow apart robots instead of living beings.  Imagine blowing the legs off a Promethean and it’s still coming at you.

tenor.gif?itemid=11745819

• Downvote (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I gotta say, I don’t mind the idea of assassination animations triggering longer respawn times.

Well, that's a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

One way to get around the gore issue is to blow apart robots instead of living beings.  Imagine blowing the legs off a Promethean and it’s still coming at you.

Or, we could just put gore in. If done right, of course. I always like good gore physics, like older Gears titles, or the newer (hahaa) Turok

Still makes me sad we're focusing dev efforts for Halo on one studio. This is a series that could've thrived on CoD's three studio setup. With an altered release schedule, and different gameplay priorities. So we could get dark, grim Halo titles. On top of our normal, fluffy, PG-13 Halos, lol. Imagine a Visceral Halo title. Imagine Visceral still existing. Hahaa. I'm sad now.

• Like (+1) 7

Why is Assassinations giving a longer respawn a bad idea?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, Boyo said:

Why would promoting super passive, angle-baity, melee-based play (In a fucken' FPS with an already depthless melee system) be a good idea? Especially if you could guarantee a longer respawn for someone. The mechanic will grind the game to a halt at any competent level. It's horrible.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Nobody wants to spend more time in the respawn screen than is absolutely necessary. People want to play, not stare at their death screen for an extra 5-10 seconds because somebody pulled an animation on them. I don't care if they 'deserve' the extra punishment, that's just going to piss people off and push them into some other game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

An assassination already rewards you with a free instant-kill backsmack. If players want to turn that into a riskier 5-second kill for the sake of being flashy, then that's on them. There are no extra rewards needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Infection:  Weapons and Movement 

Zombies have two methods of opening blocked paths:

-destroy a destructible object with the Gravity Hammer 

-disable a Shield Barrier with the Conduit grenade 

On map pick ups for Humans include:

-an Assault Rifle that fires Incendiary Rounds that ignite zombies and kill them with damage over time 

-an Ammo Pack that gives the Shotgun the ability to fire Electronets that can block doorways, killing zombies who pass through (zombies can slash to destroy them) 

-a Gravity Gun that can pick up, move, and drop crates (for fortifying an area or making a jump accessible) as well send them flying forward (to splatter zombies) 

Human 

Primary weapon - Shotgun 

Secondary weapon - Magnum 

Fire - Fire 

Reload - Reload 

Scope - Flashlight on Shotgun or Scope on Magnum

Zombie 

Primary weapon - Classic Sword (White)

Secondary weapon - Gravity Hammer 

Fire - Lunge 

Reload - N/A

Scope - N/A

Alpha Zombie 

Primary weapon - Energy Sword (Blue)

Fire - Lunge 

Reload - Evade 

Scope - Sprint 

Zombie King 

Primary weapon - Enhanced Sword (Red)

Grenades - Conduit x1 (can disable a shield barrier)

Armor Ability - Teleport Boots (jump while airborne to teleport upwards, even through the ceiling)

Fire - Lunge 

Reload - Teleport (instantly move the same distance as Evade, even through walls)

Scope - Sprint and Phase Shift (invulnerable while sprinting, decreased opacity player model)

9 hours ago, Boyo said:

I would literally neg this post 500 times

• Downvote (-1) 1

10 hours ago, Boyo said:

That's literally what Germany did for old Nintendo games

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Vyrst said:

I would literally neg this post 500 times

Uh, why?

I don’t think halo needs some insane level of gore, but I wouldn’t exactly mind it. Longer respawns are stupid and like Larry said, no one wants to stare at their death screen any longer than needed. 

You over complicate things man, you desire to make things more unique, which just makes them a cluttered mess if you ask me. We don’t need any changes to the melee system except no lunge which is the simplest nerf ever. We don’t need to make up some combo technique that can make melee less brain dead, just for the sake of depth.

How about we just focus on getting back blood before gore? Baby steps people remember who we're dealing with here. Not to mention having gore tied to anything other than the Flood would look way out of place in the game's current art style. Maybe in Reach's art style (as we will soon see in Gears 5), but not anything else we've seen so far.

• Like (+1) 2