CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

The DEEP Pistol 

While unscoped, RT and RB are Primary Fire and Alternate Fire.  Primary Fire fires a continuous, hitscan beam that kills in 1.2 seconds.  Alternate Fire fires semi automatic projectiles that kill in 3 shots with a headshot (0.6 seconds) or 6 bodyshots (1.5 seconds).

While scoped, RT becomes Scoped Fire and RB is disabled.  Scoped Fire fires a single projectile that kills if it’s a headshot and does virtually no damage if it’s a bodyshot.  A very long fire delay makes it effectively single shot.

Low overall aim assist.

Please stop. Your ideas are stupid. Everyone I’ve read sounds like something I’d never want in halo or any game period. I’m sorry boyo but your vision of halo is one the majority would despise. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Please stop. Your ideas are stupid. Everyone I’ve read sounds like something I’d never want in halo or any game period. I’m sorry boyo but your vision of halo is one the majority would despise. 

Maybe you could ask your coworker who worked on Shadowrun what he thinks.

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Maybe you could ask your coworker who worked on Shadowrun what he thinks.

I will, I’ll tell him some of your ideas and see what he says. Like some of these ideas sound weird man. They sound so random, and not something that’s ever been tested before. 

It’s best to make a hypothesis, and actually think how this would play out. 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:36 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

And to step back a few days. Saying "just don't play this" is faulty-ass logic. What if I like and want a big team mode, and just happen to hate the vehicles in it, lol. What if that's the ONLY option for a big team mode, as has been the case for every single game in the franchise. On one hand, as much as I hate them, I would say, "hey, BTB Lite when", because vehicles aren't actually mandatory for a big team mode, as even CoD shows, but they don't "need" to be fully removed for the whackos who like them. On the other hand, handwaving off a dislike of vehicles with the option to not play doesn't just suddenly eliminate the flaws with vehicles [superb ease of use and power], nor does it actually solve my issue if I want a big team mode without this bullshit in it. 

Second, there are ways to target the driver on every vehicle but a Banshee, barring Reach's. But, surprise, they're insanely hard to hit, be it due to speed, how they move, etc. And results in superbly increased survivability. Which given their ease of use on top of it (Requiring power weapons to do any semblance of quick damage in most cases), parks them on an OP level in comparison to spawners, lol.

Sure, they could design a bunch, and they could design them well. They haven't really done it thus far barring H4/H2A.

None of this really discredits my earlier points.  Being unable to actually target the driver in any meaningful way doesn't fit the criteria I setup. Having vehicles that are both super easy and super powerful also doesn't fit my own criteria.  I already said those things need to be fixed. A driver being "technically" exposed doesn't mean shit if they're still too hard to hit or, as is sometimes the case, the vehicle eats the shots despite aiming at the driver. The only concession i made is that there is a fairly wide range of "good" for vehicles compared to say, utility weapon balance.  They don't need to be nerfed into the ground or removed.  and i haven't been hand-wavey about shit.

Let me ask you this, do you really want a whole playlist that is basically big team with no vehicles all the time, or would you be OK with 1) better vehicles and 2) a small minority (10-15% of games) in the Big Team hopper had only things like mongooses (mongeese??) to get around on. Most people that play big team want vehicles.  I'm inferring you want them gone entirely or at least weak as shit.

13 hours ago, darkstar said:

Okay. So sprint was originally planned. By your own logic, sprint being in Halo is just “following original plans through.”

Also, not like anyone praises Wetwork as being a landmark BTB map. The rocks were pretty much a nonfactor. I’ve played quite a few matches and almost nobody ever shoots them down. 

Right.  Sprint was "planned" for Halo 2 but they couldn't get it right and were short on time so they dropped it.  Then when they had 3 fucking years to get it right they still didn't add it to Halo 3.  They didn't actually add it until their pre-destiny swan song experiment.  And even though reach was clearly an experimental title for them more than it was a Halo game, they still didn't add sprint as a base characteristic. Just because something is "planned" doesn't mean that plan isn't shit.... When you recognize its shit you change your plans as seems to have happened here.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Being unable to actually target the driver in any meaningful way doesn't fit the criteria I setup. Having vehicles that are both super easy and super powerful also doesn't fit my own criteria.  I already said those things need to be fixed. A driver being "technically" exposed doesn't mean shit if they're still too hard to hit or, as is sometimes the case, the vehicle eats the shots despite aiming at the driver. 

A zero bloom DMR that fires Armor Piercing Rounds that can damage vehicle occupants through the vehicle.  Shots that pass through vehicles deal 50% damage to impacted occupants but remain headshot capable.  

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A zero bloom DMR that fires Armor Piercing Rounds that can damage vehicle occupants through the vehicle.  Shots that pass through vehicles deal 50% damage to impacted occupants but remain headshot capable.  

I think i would rather just have aiming at an exposed driver actually work. Keep it simple. Its one thing i like about halo, there is nothing like in CoD where you can shoot through walls with reduced damage.  You never really know how much damage you are doing.  With Halo a hit is a hit and a miss is a miss. You're either exposed or you're not.  imo things like damage reduction from object penetration don't add depth or skill, just gray area.

What i would like is vehicles with more specifically target-able spots. ie you can blow the doors off to expose a driver more or a wheel off to stop the vehicle or make it harder to steer. Damage directly to the turret makes it shoot more erratically etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Damage directly to the turret makes it shoot more erratically etc.

Turret flinch?

Maybe enough damage could destroy a recoil compensator and the turret then has vertical recoil while firing after that.

• Like (+1) 1

Warthog gunners should have 4 side shields that are very weak to make it so the gunner isn’t immediately killed. The driver should be open game, aka the same as it currently is.

24 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Warthog gunners should have 4 side shields that are very weak to make it so the gunner isn’t immediately killed. The driver should be open game, aka the same as it currently is.

Warthog gunners have a shield mounted to the front of the turret already.  If they are getting shot from the side and dont turn to shoot back/protect themselves, thats on them imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Conduit grenade is not thrown but fired from the user’s left hand.  A short range, short duration (0.7 seconds), narrow, forward beam transfers Energy Shields from impacted players to the user.  

Shield Barriers (objects on maps that players cannot travel through) can be disabled with Conduit grenades.  Hardlight Shields and Bubble Shields are also highly susceptible to Conduit grenades.

Fusion coils can be drained of energy, rendering them inert.  Different objects give different amounts of extra shields to the user.  Time on target determines the amount of shields a player can transfer before before the burst runs out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

Warthog gunners have a shield mounted to the front of the turret already.  If they are getting shot from the side and dont turn to shoot back/protect themselves, thats on them imo.

I stole this idea from a waypoint post 

10 minutes ago, Arlong said:

LOL that explains it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

LOL that explains it.

Still I wouldn’t mind a gunner to be a bit safer. Future halos don’t have inaccurate precision weapons like h3.

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Still I wouldn’t mind a gunner to be a bit safer. Future halos don’t have inaccurate precision weapons like h3.

Protected gunners is more of an Elite vehicle trait.  Ghost, Banshee, Revenant.  Exposed gunners on Human vehicles is good for balance and adds variety to the vehicle sandbox.

BTB Lite would be dope. Who knows, maybe people would eventually prefer it to Heavies, which has always been dumb imo.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gobias said:

BTB Lite would be dope. Who knows, maybe people would eventually prefer it to Heavies, which has always been dumb imo.

5v5/6v6 with limited vehicles, like a Ghost and Warthog per side max, is a sweet spot in terms of mixing infantry and vehicle play together on maps that aren’t insanely huge.  There has to be an effort to design maps specifically for this player count though, it’s right between Slayer and BTB size so neither of those maps really do it justice.

Maps like Valhalla and blood gulch are great for vehicle play, they’re decent in terms of infantry, but clearly could use some improvements. 

A lot of the halo 4 BTB maps and reach were really good in this regard. Where vehicles could be good in terms of maneuvering and such, and not be blatantly overpowered.

6 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Let me ask you this, do you really want a whole playlist that is basically big team with no vehicles all the time, or would you be OK with 1) better vehicles and 2) a small minority (10-15% of games) in the Big Team hopper had only things like mongooses (mongeese??) to get around on. Most people that play big team want vehicles.  I'm inferring you want them gone entirely or at least weak as shit.

I would defo just dig a big-team gametype with no vehicles all the time. Or at the least, go to H2A standards where I can one shot a Ghost and borderline one tap a 'Hog that can in turn merk me.

Former more just because even at their weakest, vehicles can still give cheese kills and have a dumbass amount of presence.

today i wiould to shre you guys an idea i have regarging the state of halo 6. i have a revioluationry idea that even boyos little tiny insignigigant mid cannnot even fathom. we are in desperite need of new ideas for this as 343 hasnt anything besides a mega bloks lookin ass master chief. my idea is to craft and gernade (or throwable for those who prefer that word) that taps into a mechnaic seens since shellshock halo reach. I call it the throbing grenade. the way it works (essentialy) is wheen the throwable makes contact with the foe on the enemy team (consisting of many foes) it will transfer a loud throbbing feeling through the players headset which will make them feel doozzy. tbey will more than likely put their controllewr down to an asprin. tthis i believe to be a good idea as is allows teams to converge with less opposition oppsing them as most fopes do. thanks for listening to my feedback and please cionsider subscribing to your favorite martian or (as some of you him as THIS PROJECT HAS RETIRED) ok thank you guys halo shouldn't have power weapons.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Can y’all stop  offering weapons that do niche things(by niche they don’t kill) look understand EVERY weapon should be able to kill, or is a combo needed weapon like the plasma pistol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Can y’all stop  offering weapons that do niche things(by niche they don’t kill) look understand EVERY weapon should be able to kill, or is a combo needed weapon like the plasma pistol. 

Read this again, but slowly. You just contradicted yourself. The plasma pistol is an excellent example of niche, utilitarian weapon design where it's infinitely useful in spite of its hilarious inability to kill. How well a weapon can kill a player should honestly be the last thing devs look at when designing a sandbox. Otherwise you end up with everything as a variation of "it just kills shit" (11 Battlefield Assault Rifles anybody?), and everyone simply going for the most optimal weapon and ignoring everything else.

Honestly, the Plasma Pistol could stand to be more lethal; wouldn't hurt the sandbox if its primary fire wasn't ass every game.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

Assassinations are only available on melee weapons like the Energy Sword and the Gravity Hammer.  They are activated by meleeing (with the Melee button, not the Fire button) an enemy.  Assassinations can be performed from any angle, not just from behind.  Different animations occur depending on the weapon and the angle of attack.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

23 hours ago, Arlong said:

Please stop. Your ideas are stupid. Everyone I’ve read sounds like something I’d never want in halo or any game period.

23 hours ago, Arlong said:

Like some of these ideas sound weird man. They sound so random, and not something that’s ever been tested before. 

It’s best to make a hypothesis, and actually think how this would play out. 

21 hours ago, Arlong said:

:apg:

• Like (+1) 8
  • Simms (+1) 1