CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

8 hours ago, NAK said:

But it would be a damn good game. 

Maybe, maybe not.

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Thank you for dissecting my top-level idea spitballing. I, of course, meant it should all be implemented with no testing whatsoever and exactly as I wrote it. No further thoughts about balance, purpose or design required.

I didn't say that or imply you did. I was just saying the elements brought up seem like one time wonders. Or sometimes somethings you wouldn't notice unless you put a weird amount of emphasis on it. You know, like "those people" who think of High Ground as an intense beach assault map, lol. Tis like gameplay, if added emphasis on movement abilities doesn't make one feel like a Spartan, I don't think adding larpy elements to map design is gonna immerse you, more. You may as well shift the team elsewhere.

Unless you can elaborate. 

5 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

I can't see the fundamental difference in getting flanked by AI in a firefight vs getting flanked by someone's teammate in a firefight.  Specific execution aside  (random banshee flying in and instakill bombing you is bullshit).

AI might actually be preferable here depending on how much you can influence who they decide to attack or even just their ability to attack in itself.  I don't know, random example, you shoot a barrel of honey next to an enemy and nearby angry giant bees swarm him.  

There's a big difference, one notable one being AI don't just hinge on the nearest person to them. AI can choose a target far off, a closer one, or someone in between, especially vehicular and sniper based AI. So you being melted by an AI mid-gunfight usually isn't because of a "predictable" maneuver. You didn't have to get too close, could've been with a group, etc, and it could still kill you of all people. As it could likewise aim to your enemy mid-fight and nuke them, despite being closer to you. It's another pretty unpredictable element we don't need to add to the game. A cointoss in a gunfight in any area around AI. With no proper takeaway.

The jar of honey example just feels like shooting an explosive barrel to kill someone with extra steps. Something we also know is cheesy shit, lol. Imagine not engaging someone in an actual fight but just luring an AI to them to fight them, so you could get an easier fight/cleanup. 

7 hours ago, Basu said:

Just because Halo 5s AI is fucking dogshit which made 343 turn them all into bullet sponges with literal aimbots doesn't mean PvE has to always be bad. Warzone is awful, no one is going to deny that, but with some mental effort behind it, a high playercount PvPvE mode can absolutely be fun. Dismissing the entire concept based on 343 incompetence makes zero sense. 

It isn't just 5's AI. Every single Halo in some way runs a poor extreme that makes PvPvE annoying. Where, again, it's a matter of being a literal laser, or just being an easy target. Obviously with "maybe" some effort (As if they didn't put effort into it now) behind it, they could make it work, but the past near two decades of Halo's AI being meh between two developers kinda says otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How many of you would be interested in the following Halo?

On 4/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, S0UL FLAME said:

The utility weapon, whatever shape and form it may take, should be a 100% accurate single shot, have a one second perfect kill time, and a two second max kill time. The skill it should take to get a perfect kill should be considerable, which would make its average kill time around 1.6 seconds. Now, for this to be ideal, the base movement speed and strafe need to be smooth and fast, so players can outgun their opponent, or opponents, thus giving a large amount of individual empowerment. Every other weapon needs to be balanced around this gun, and should not have a kill time faster than it, unless it is a Power Weapon. This essentially means that at a certain point, someone can be so good with this weapon that they won't need anything else other than Power Weapons or Power Ups. And that's where my next point starts.

Rockets, Sniper, Shotgun, OS, Camo. These are highly contested items in the sandbox, and are usually in places where teams frequently fight each other. In my personal vision of Halo, my tweaks are as follows; The Rocket Launcher would fire slowly, requiring a full second for the next rocket to fire, and would have decent splash damage. The Sniper Rifle would have a considerable but static upward recoil after firing, to teach players to aim for the head rather than doing two body shots. Shotguns will never kill in one shot, which means people will need to be close enough for a melee followup, or stay back enough for two shots, which gives the other player a chance to fight back. I want two versions of the Overshield, one that makes you invulnerable while it slowly gives you one layer, and the other will give you two layers instantly. Camouflage will only keep you fully cloaked when you are moving, and the noises you make aren't dampened by the Power Up, which means players have sound to look for it instead of straining their eyes.

Niche Weapons would have to be functionally easy, but their kill times nowhere near the perfect kill time of the utility. The Sentinel Beam would be this weak but incredibly suppressive poke at players to keep their shields from charging. The Plasma Rifle would need its stun back, along with its shots having no random spread. The Grenade Launcher will only kill a player if it is right on top of the grenade, and would have half of the splash radius of the Rocket Launcher. The Concussion Rifle would have its rate of fire and damage decreased, but its propelling capabilities doubled, effectively making it your own personal rocket jump or plasma wall climb from Quake.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, darkstar said:

They really need to bring back the party up feature on Matchmaking, both in MCC and Infinite. I made so many friends in matchmaking through party up. 

IKR 

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

How many of you would be interested in the following Halo?

Dream Halo right there.

28 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Worry+intensifies+httpstwittercombaseddrwormstatus1162809366996836353s19_68cbc0_7248514.jpg

Fuck

Former isn't a big deal. Happened with Halo 4. Game was great. To the microtransactions, unless they plan to do a weird extra currency thing for loot boxes for a loophole, we're not having microtransaction loot boxes, so AFAIC, it's fine.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 2

Keep in mind that Fortnite made $2.4 billion last year largely off the back of microtransactions. As a result, Microsoft simply isn't going to release a major game without them anymore. It's a pain, but people fed this business model, so we're stuck with it.

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Former isn't a big deal. Happened with Halo 4. Game was great. 

That is quite possibly the worst example to use on Teambeyond as reassurance that Infinite won't suck balls. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

That is quite possibly the worst example to use on Teambeyond as reassurance that Infinite won't suck balls. 

Okay? Love it or hate it, the game turned out functional, and as it was going to. This far in dev, and this "close" to release, there isn't gonna be a major shift in direction or development. If it's gonna suck, it was gonna suck regardless. If it's good, it was good in spite of this. Halo 4 didn't turn into MCC, or anything. It was just something people didn't like. Much different than a dip in functionality.

if 343 went right off the back saying infinite will not be classic halo i would be fine with it. because from the lasting few halo games what can you really expect? just get over it really. but with the 2018 trailer it really seemed to be calling back halo ce and brining back masterchiefs old armor and having a less of bionacles super hero feel to it all. but now they have raised a lot of peoples hope that it may be more of a classic halo game and will just cause people to be sad or angry if it turns out to be sprint town

• Like (+1) 1

Hot take: even a classic Halo from 343 would play like ass. They just don't get it on so many different levels. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thonking (+0) 1

5 hours ago, Basu said:

Hot take: even a classic Halo from 343 would play like ass. They just don't get it on so many different levels. 

343 Industries is the embodiment of a corporate game developer driven by nothing but profit. The were created specifically to continue milking the Halo franchise of money. I’ll never forget what Frankie said during Halo 4’s development, “We hired people who hated Halo.” The incompetence was clear from the start. 

I am still convinced the people over there like Bonnie Ross have never played a Halo game in their life. “We at 343 understand and share the fans’ love and appreciation for classic Halo... so here’s more advanced mobility, microtransactions and more stuff nobody asked for.”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1

7 hours ago, boogerman said:

having a less of bionacles feel to it all.

You watch your whore mouth. Bionicles were the shit.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Well, these are the same people that forgot to add pregame lobbies in Halo 5.

lebron-james-dwyane-wade-photobomb.jpg?q

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

Keep in mind that Fortnite made $2.4 billion last year largely off the back of microtransactions. As a result, Microsoft simply isn't going to release a major game without them anymore. It's a pain, but people fed this business model, so we're stuck with it.

To be fair, Fortnite implemented MTX correctly. Being "stuck" with an MTX system like that isn't necessarily a bad thing because it's just skins and emotes and crap like that. And on top of that, it's updated/rotated pretty much daily right? That's the type of MTX that people love; I definitely wouldn't have minded some in-game skins and stuff back in the Halo 2 days. I've played plenty of MMOs where I've dropped $5-10 just to get the cool ninja mask and Ginsu blade to carry on my back lol.

The problem lies in how Halo implemented MTX. "$99.99 for 100 Gold Req packs!" -- Assuming you have those cards that allow you to receive more of the item (I haven't played H5 in about 2 years so I forget the term), and you just load up on Wasps, Tanks, Nornfangs and other overly ridiculous weapons that you can use together in parties of 12... Yeah, that's a system that sucks to be "stuck" with lol.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The Infection Gametype 

Regular Zombies spawn with the Classic Sword, which mimics traditional sword behavior.

Alpha Zombies spawn with the Energy Sword.  They can Sprint with the Scope button and Evade with the Reload button.

Ammo Pack is a power up that modifies the behavior of the user’s weapon.

An Alpha Zombie that picks up the Ammo Pack power up can simultaneously Sprint and Phase Shift with the Scope button and Teleport with the Reload button.  Phase Shift reduces the opacity of the user’s player model and makes him immune to damage.  Teleport moves the user the same distance as Evade but does so instantly.

Humans spawn with the Shotgun and the Magnum.  The Assault Rifle is a pick up.

Ammo Pack allows the Shotgun to fire Electronets that can be used to block doorways.  Zombies who pass through Electronets are damaged.  Electronets can be destroyed by damaging them.

Ammo Pack allows the Assault Rifle to fire Incendiary Rounds that ignites zombies and kills them with damage over time.

Ammo Pack does not affect the Magnum in any appreciable way in Infection gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Micro transactions aren’t bad if they’re cosmetic only. Fortnites skins are cool and their emotes are fun which is why people spend so much on it. Heck’s when I played it I spent a total of 500$ worth of micros. I quit playing because I got bad at it after not playing for 2 months lol. 

Halo imfinite needs micros that are cosmetic only skins, armors(obviously not all but some). If you say NO to micros then don’t ask for patches and new content -_-

• Downvote (-1) 1

1999-2009:  Play almost any source game, someone makes a custom player model and hands it over to the server owner.  Everyone who joins downloads the model and can see it and use it freely...on custom maps...with custom modes...all for the base price of the game.

2029:  Purchase the base game licensed entertainment foundational asset platform for $60.  Buy the limited edition Pre-Order version for $70 and it comes with the option to buy Deathmatch for 50% off at the low price of $5, else pay the normal $10 for Deathmatch and then subsequently for all three of the remaining purely developer-defined official gamemodes.  Be represented as a MoCap stick figure and pay for lootboxes that contain sprays and secondary lootboxes.  These secondary lootboxes are then added to your account and require separate credits to unlock which can theoretically be grinded in-game but not really.  Finally once unboxed they contain an assortment of player models to choose from...but only if you also own the monthly battlepass that enables custom skins.

Me:  Crying in the corner of a padded room while creepily caressing my Hollowknight physical copy.  "c-carmack...w-why..."

• Like (+1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

I’ll never forget what Frankie said during Halo 4’s development, “We hired people who hated Halo.” The incompetence was clear from the start. 

I'll never forget the amount of times this line was taken out of context to suit a point, and how many times that quote's been cleared up already here. When it didn't refer to tanking a franchise (Obviously), but also bringing in people who'd never worked on Halo to bring a fresh, outsider's perspective or potential new avenues of improvement into the series. But you'd never hear that here. 

7 hours ago, Basu said:

Okay, what do they for sure not get about a "classic" Halo. These are the same people who worked on H2A. Pretty obvious they get it, and could imitate and improve upon it to a tee if they wanted to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

When Beast automatically upvotes every post seconds after it’s posted, everyone else should just dogpile on with downvotes.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

9 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'll never forget the amount of times this line was taken out of context to suit a point, and how many times that quote's been cleared up already here. When it didn't refer to tanking a franchise (Obviously), but also bringing in people who'd never worked on Halo to bring a fresh, outsider's perspective or potential new avenues of improvement into the series. But you'd never hear that here. 

Okay, what do they for sure not get about a "classic" Halo. These are the same people who worked on H2A. Pretty obvious they get it, and could imitate and improve upon it to a tee if they wanted to.

CA made H2A not 343.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

Under who's orders, I wonder.

Point is 343 has never made a classic Halo game. They told someone else too and it's a watered down Halo 2 with a slow strafe, H4 bullet magnetism, hit markers, and grenade indicators. 

• Like (+1) 5