CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

This "it's good that they have so much time to make HI" talk brings me back to Goldenboy et al. defending h5 since there was a whole year to incorporate beta feedback into the final product. Game still sucked.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bungie lost their way long before Reach. Also, quit with the "neck beard hipsters" nonsense. You sound stupid.

Okay bungie ruined halo in your opinion, all I’m saying is 343 killed halo and that’s not an opinion that’s a fact.

Oh and 343 ruined halo as well IMO.

Tbh people that’s not liked halo since halo1/2, I really wonder what you people are still

Doing hanging around halo forums. it’s just never going to happen guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Okay bungie ruined halo in your opinion, all I’m saying is 343 killed halo and that’s not an opinion that’s a fact.

Tbh people that’s not liked halo since halo1/2, I really wonder what you people are still

If you could understand how some of us felt about those games and how much it impacted us, then you'd get it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yup. Thats exactly what they're doing, and if I see sprint its goodbye Halo forever, and this time I mean it. PUBG has been my game of choice for some time now and I really enjoy it. I have no idea whats going on in the Halo world since the last worlds, and sadly my interest is dropping. I will not buy a new xbox if Halo doesn't deliver. Its just not worth the frustration. What once was really does seem to never be coming back. Friend arent interested in Halo anymore. Im not getting my hopes up this time. Ill wait and see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 was very poorly executed MP gameplay-wise but most people that don't like it today still played the shit out of it.  RNG BR battles, shitty equipment, narrow af FoV etc all make going back to that game ROUGH.  The thing that bungie did that kept halo "good" was not fuck with the core mechanics of the game.  As soon as they started adding loadouts and differential abilities and bloom in reach, thats when they fucked it.

The people that don't like H3 still use it as an example of where we need to go back to because the design concept was solid, the execution was just bad. It still maintained all the core mechanics that made 1 and 2 so good despite just how different they were. Ever since then the core design philosophy changed, and the game has gotten less and less popular as a result.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This "it's good that they have so much time to make HI" talk brings me back to Goldenboy et al. defending h5 since there was a whole year to incorporate beta feedback into the final product. Game still sucked.

Nah we'd have to play the game first in some alpha/beta builds to start to draw that parallel. As it is we know they've had/have PLENTY of time to make this work well and really have no idea where they're going with it. That's an advantage if they follow through but its also the first point a lot of us are going to use to shit talk their final product if it doesn't go well. This really is where the franchise succeeds or dies. Not even in the sense of being the most played game on XBL or w/e that most people refer to. This is where they gain or lose having any relevance at all in the gaming world with their attempt at PC as well as on a faltering Xbox platform. Honestly I think Microsoft knows this and its where the extra time is coming from along with the more classic look. Its about their Xbox platform in some ways now

Halo 3 was very poorly executed MP gameplay-wise but most people that don't like it today still played the shit out of it.  RNG BR battles, shitty equipment, narrow af FoV etc all make going back to that game ROUGH.  The thing that bungie did that kept halo "good" was not fuck with the core mechanics of the game.  As soon as they started adding loadouts and differential abilities and bloom in reach, thats when they fucked it.

The people that don't like H3 still use it as an example of where we need to go back to because the design concept was solid, the execution was just bad. It still maintained all the core mechanics that made 1 and 2 so good despite just how different they were. Ever since then the core design philosophy changed, and the game has gotten less and less popular as a result.

I think what made Halo 3 so financially successful, as well as the one with the highest population peak, was its immense levels of content. There were a million game modes, everything from casual silliness to hardcore sweat, and for the first time you could create your own maps. Halo 3 still stands as the most revered Halo game among the general fandom for good reason.

• Upvote (+1) 5

343 only finished the job Bungie started in 2004. You can put all the blame on 343 if you want. But your precious Bungie has as much to do with this as 343, whether you like it or not.

Whenever I see someone ask why people who only like Halo CE are still around on the forums, I just roll my eyes. Sure, you'd like us to leave. You don't like different perspectives challenging yours. You'd rather everyone's love for crappy Halo games like H3 be unchallenged. But Halo CE fans are here to keep guys like you honest. You don't get to prance around simplifying Halo's trajectory.

Also, I just wanna point out that your "why are you still here" question answers itself. Halo CE fans are on a Halo forum because... Halo CE is a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think what made Halo 3 so financially successful, as well as the one with the highest population peak, was its immense levels of content. There were a million game modes, everything from casual silliness to hardcore sweat, and for the first time you could create your own maps. Halo 3 still stands as the most revered Halo game among the general fandom for good reason.

I mean Fortnite just added a replay feature a month or 2 ago. Something H3 debuted ELEVEN years ago. You could even view games in parties of 4 before whatever broke it. 4 player co-op/forge/fileshare were also pretty newish/nifty things. Modern Halo hasn't had any new or awesome features basically since Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Oh absolutely. There was a lot to like about H3 and I played the shit out of it. Honestly a lot of the issues have appeared to get worse over time as HD has become ubiquitous making blank shots easier to see, games have moved to dedis and the internet has gotten faster. It's easier to tell how shitty the hit detection is, how RNG occasionally fucks you and how bad the aiming is than it used to be. H1 and 2 never had those issues, so they are still a joy to go back to.

343 only finished the job Bungie started in 2004. You can put all the blame on 343 if you want. But your precious Bungie has as much to do with this as 343, whether you like it or not.

Whenever I see someone ask why people who only like Halo CE are still around on the forums, I just roll my eyes. Sure, you'd like us to leave. You don't like different perspectives challenging yours. You'd rather everyone's love for crappy Halo games like H3 be unchallenged. But Halo CE fans are here to keep guys like you honest. You don't get to prance around simplifying Halo's trajectory.

Also, I just wanna point out that your "why are you still here" question answers itself. Halo CE fans are on a Halo forum because... Halo CE is a Halo game.

I understand you guys so please don't think I'm trying to come off as a dick. I hated halo 3 for the shit it had as much as the next guy, honestly! But I can't lie man I did enjoy each bungie halo game. I've honestly tried so hard to like halo 4 and 5 that it hurts man. 

Anyway ontopic: Halo Infinite (:

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you could understand how some of us felt about those games and how much it impacted us, then you'd get it.

im in the camp of..

h3 was only successful because it rode h2's wave and reach wasn't good enough to hold onto our massive population.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I understand you guys so please don't think I'm trying to come off as a dick. I hated halo 3 for the shit it had as much as the next guy, honestly! But I can't lie man I did enjoy each bungie halo game. I've honestly tried so hard to like halo 4 and 5 that it hurts man.

Anyway ontopic: Halo Infinite (:

Yeah I hear you. I kind of just addressed this in my last post. 2 posts crossing in the night lol. I played the shit out of H3 back in the day but going back to it now is.... rough, while H1 and 2 are still a joy.

Yeah I hear you. I kind of just addressed this in my last post. 2 posts crossing in the night lol. I played the shit out of H3 back in the day but going back to it now is.... rough, while H1 and 2 are still a joy.

I don't even own MCC at the moment! I got my money back from M$ lol and then even sold my hard copy as well.  Hearing some good things tho so might have to get it again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

tbh that’s not a bad thing since halo infinite be the perfect console seller, halo infunite also won’t be held back by an outdated console(2013 retail Xbox one ring a bell). We’ll have to wait 2 more years but who knows it might be worth it.

Bungie's Halo games were at least tolerable to play, except default Reach. 343's Halo games are unplayable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you’re not perma banned on waypoint there’s a huge classic mechanics debate. And the most hilarious thing is how right i am about how sprint should stay but for only btb and warzone. Everyone in there keeps mentioning btb maps, and talking how slow moving on them was. And some even say bms(regardless of speed) is apparently boring but it’s something to take into account. Sprint is a need for btb where no sprint is a need for the small maps like sanctuary.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I still think Halo 5 has the best default settings of any Halo except Halo 1.

Also Halo 5 is way better than what most of you are giving it credit for, at least for 4v4. I only play doubles and 4v4 so I may be a bit biased, I understand the BTB community was screwed. 1v1s are also not great.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As much as Halo 5 should be at least “okay” on paper, I just can’t play that game anymore. It’s not even competitive 4v4s that lost it for me. I don’t have fun in BtB, infection, 2v2s, whatever.

-Maps with actually good infantry pathing like Sidewinder/Avalanche or Danger Canyon instead of large fields from one end to the other players are forced to walk straight across like Sandtrap or Blood Gulch.

Isn't Blood Gulch, like, the most iconic/beloved map in the history of Halo? They're never getting rid of it.

Also Halo 5 is way better than what most of you are giving it credit for, at least for 4v4. I only play doubles and 4v4 so I may be a bit biased, I understand the BTB community was screwed. 1v1s are also not great.

Upvoted for your bravery.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't mind sprint or any of the other stuff in BTB. That's mostly because BTB to me is the most casual and least serious mode imaginable so I just look the other way when you just have dudes trying to flip ghosts and stuff in the background and I'm not too focused on anything really. I think something like Warzone is the perfect place for cheesy third person animations and weird movement abilities. Please just stay away from maps like Midship with horribly designed movement and abilities

After the Xbox briefing, 343 clarified in a blog post that the trailer was for the engine, not the game, but this was not communicated on the stage itself

Welp I hope you guys are ready for 3 more years of H5.

i know what you mean and you're not wrong. halo 2 prepatch was pathetic, id play h5 over it

• Upvote (+1) 2