Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

I think we can all agree that the Forerunner sandbox as a whole has been a massive letdown. I also don't get why from Reach to H4 they would keep the BR and DMR, which just creates problems in the sanbox, but then go and remove the Revenant and Falcon. Such fun vehicles, sure they had their balance issues but removing them outright is just stupid.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Well yea vehicles suck 

So there's no way at all to make vehicles fair/equal (whatever word you want to use)?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JordanB said:

So there's no way at all to make vehicles fair/equal (whatever word you want to use)?

The vehicle's suck argument is just hogwash in general.  Like, who cares?  More than half of the playlists can be played with 0 vehicles.

This is also one of those "We can have our cake and eat it too" scenarios.  They don't need to be totally fair or equal or have hard counters.  Certainly not in a rock/paper/scissor kind of way.  As long as there is a way to target the driver specifically, even if its hard to do so, they aren't totally OP and they feel good to maneuver they're fine. There's a lot of design wiggle room in there.

Vehicles are like power ups and weapons.  You can design a bunch, design them well of course, but still you can have as many as you want.  If they suck don't use them. Don't like vehicles at all? Play all the other shit that doesn't have them.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Boyo said:

The problem with larger vehicles is, what do all the players aboard do?  A Falcon can already carry one pilot and two side gunners.  What more could you add to make the Pelican unique?  A primary weapon for the pilot, two rear facing jumps seats, and the ability to carry a Warthog underneath the Pelican?  Is that enough?

A flying vehicle that allowed passengers to fire themselves down onto the map could be interesting.  One pilot and four passengers.  Where the pilot positions the vehicle determines the general location that passengers can launch themselves down to and each passenger fine tunes the aim to pick their exact landing zone.  Each passenger is given an Overshield at launch that is depleted upon super hero landing.

Pelican Gunship. Give everyone in it control of a gun and turn it into a flying death machine. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Pelican Gunship. Give everyone in it control of a gun and turn it into a flying death machine. 

We would definitely need a larger BTB player count and maps in order to properly implement a Pelican, at least 16v16 on Battlefield sized maps. 

I can’t think of one Halo BTB map that I think it would have actually been fun to use on. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

For pelicans to work we need 16v16 or 32v32. Pelicans can work in transporting a big group to a specific spot. 

Share this post


Link to post

I would love a epic scale BTB. Warzone could work if it wasn't utterly stupidly awful RNGsus REQ garbage.

This is what I've never understood. They can play with large game modes, vehicles, objectives and enemies to create new and exciting experiences.

But nah

Lets fuck with the core gameplay loop, audience expectations and immersion.

Let's have big, sprawling 64 player games. Elites vs Spartans. Ship boarding, planet invasions, city defences. Space combat, air combat, armoured combat. Base defence. Flood defence. Pelican retrieval/evacuation missions.Community conquest. Lead a squad of Grunts as an Elite, lead a squad of Marines as a Spartan.

There is SO MUCH THAT CAN BE DONE on Halo whilst keeping the core gameplay loop the same.

But nah.

Let's add sprint and thruster pack, change the soundscape to 100% crunch and replace the art style with Megabloks Ready plastic.

  • Like (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post

Don't forget "lets make all these different Warzone maps set throughout the universe but use the exact same bases in all of them."

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Idk how I feel about 64 player games. Before Warzone got announced I envisioned a sort of tier based Invasion resurgence with PvE elements and player controlled frigates and all that stuff. But, like, still 6v6 - you're just giving orders to and fighting against a lot of AI for the first two 'heats' so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I would love a epic scale BTB. Warzone could work if it's wasn't utterly stupidly awful RNGsus REQ garbage.

This is what I've never understood. They can play with large game modes, vehicles, objectives and enemies to create new and exciting experiences.

But nah

Lets fuck with the core gameplay loop, audience expectations and immersion.

Let's have big, sprawling 64 player games. Elites vs Spartans. Ship boarding, planet invasions, city defences. Space combat, air combat, armoured combat. Base defence. Flood defence. Pelican retrieval/evacuation missions.Community conquest. Lead a squad of Grunts as an Elite, lead a squad of Marines as a Spartan.

There is SO MUCH THAT CAN BE DONE on Halo whilst keeping the core gameplay loop the same.

But nah.

Let's add sprint and thruster pack, change the soundscape to 100% crunch and replace the art style with Megabloks Ready plastic.

Lol ikr, this new engine better be spectacular in bringing new content.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

A Pelican dropping off a Warthog is one vehicle breaking off into two independent vehicles.  Could this concept be delved into further?  A larger, core vehicle with smaller, secondary vehicles that can detach from the mothership?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A Pelican dropping off a Warthog is one vehicle breaking off into two independent vehicles.  Could this concept be delved into further?  A larger, core vehicle with smaller, secondary vehicles that can detach from the mothership?

Yeah just make Titan mode from Battlefield 2142, adjust it to better incorporate Halos gameplay style, add a bunch of AI squads and vehicles roaming around so gameplay is always moving.

First to destroy the event cruiser wins. Capture MAC gun stations or Covenant Artillery batteries. Elites vs Spartans. Asymmetrical teams (Covenant vs UNSC).

Not just AI sponges sitting in a corner waiting to be triggered but active AI teams that roll around the map causing epic skirmishes. 

I dunno. Just something that gets the scale of Halos lore in the multiplayer. 

Arena can have the core loop nice and simple. Warzone/BTB gimmick it up. Have pilots drop off 'hogs. Phantoms dropping off Wraiths. Spirits dropping reinforcements in. Just epic shit man.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Shekkles

A command system for AI could be interesting.  Approaching an AI squad would present the player with options like, Stay Here, Go There, Follow Me, or Search and Destroy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I would love a epic scale BTB. Warzone could work if it wasn't utterly stupidly awful RNGsus REQ garbage.

This is what I've never understood. They can play with large game modes, vehicles, objectives and enemies to create new and exciting experiences.

But nah

Lets fuck with the core gameplay loop, audience expectations and immersion.

Let's have big, sprawling 64 player games. Elites vs Spartans. Ship boarding, planet invasions, city defences. Space combat, air combat, armoured combat. Base defence. Flood defence. Pelican retrieval/evacuation missions.Community conquest. Lead a squad of Grunts as an Elite, lead a squad of Marines as a Spartan.

There is SO MUCH THAT CAN BE DONE on Halo whilst keeping the core gameplay loop the same.

But nah.

Let's add sprint and thruster pack, change the soundscape to 100% crunch and replace the art style with Megabloks Ready plastic.

Lotta this seems super larpy, and probably wouldn't be gameplay feasible. Or, at least, not in a way that would be "engaging" in the long term. Like, ship boarding, invasions, etc. That's a playspace, and there isn't really much you can do there past immersion. 

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

A Pelican dropping off a Warthog is one vehicle breaking off into two independent vehicles.  Could this concept be delved into further?  A larger, core vehicle with smaller, secondary vehicles that can detach from the mothership?

The question remains "why".

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Not just AI sponges sitting in a corner waiting to be triggered but active AI teams that roll around the map causing epic skirmishes. 

Also, this. AI do this in Warzone, and it's one of the most aggravating things to ever occur in a gametype that's primarily PvP. It isn't fun being melted by or engaged by AI in the middle of a fight with people. It's just corny bullshit. Guarantee you it'd get old really fast.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The question remains "why".

Uh, you don’t like vehicles, right?  And you’re asking me why I am riffing on new ideas for vehicles?  I’ll let you riddle that one out for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Uh, you don’t like vehicles, right?  And you’re asking me why I am riffing on new ideas for vehicles?  I’ll let you riddle that one out for yourself.

No, I'm asking why we need a vehicle that just separates into two. Why not just have the one and cut out a middleman that'll probably be redundant, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

No, I'm asking why we need a vehicle that just separates into two. Why not just have the one and cut out a middleman that'll probably be redundant, lol.

Would you form a Megazord with me?

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Devastator would kick any Megazord's ass.

Nothing beats the power of friendship. 

  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

The vehicle's suck argument is just hogwash in general.  Like, who cares?  More than half of the playlists can be played with 0 vehicles.

This is also one of those "We can have our cake and eat it too" scenarios.  They don't need to be totally fair or equal or have hard counters.  Certainly not in a rock/paper/scissor kind of way.  As long as there is a way to target the driver specifically, even if its hard to do so, they aren't totally OP and they feel good to maneuver they're fine. There's a lot of design wiggle room in there.

Vehicles are like power ups and weapons.  You can design a bunch, design them well of course, but still you can have as many as you want.  If they suck don't use them. Don't like vehicles at all? Play all the other shit that doesn't have them.

That right there is how you balance vehicles. We need to get it out of our heads that vehicles need to be overpowered "because they are vehicles." They need to be balanced, and that means throwing some realism out the window. The Scorpion was an indestructible, one-shot kill behemoth in CE, but it wasn't overpowered because you could snipe the driver right out of it. Every vehicle should give opposing players the opportunity to slay the driver with a few well-placed shots. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

NERD alert... stick to a kewl giant robot like Voltron next time mmmmkaaaay?

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Vehicles in my opinion should have high power but low armor. No vehicle should be so strong where you need 6+ players blasting it with pistols/BRS/DMRS(basically the utility weapon we spawn with) . 

64 players could totally work in halo, or maybe 20v20 like in battlefront 2? Large scaled modes would be great, especially in the halo sandbox. Now if this is the case I say the utility for BTB would need to be the DMR for many reasons, as we know they won’t make the pistol a long ranged weapon.

AI in warzone need to be a separate faction that’s constantly attacking and capturing bases, needs to be a neutral side, should be legendary style difficult etc. 

it should be something like TUSKEN raiders from the original(2004) battlefront where if you played on Tatooine, the raiders were a separate faction(their color would be yellow). 

As for the annoyance of being killed by AI or shot by them, don’t ignore the AI then and kill them 🙄-_-. Warzone is meant to be pvppve which it does decently well but in my eyes a bad way simply because the AI aren’t constantly spawning and killing your opponents or you and your allies. 

Now idk about you but I think they should keep sprint in but only for BTB and Warzone(even with a fast BMS(remember it can’t be ridiculously fast like quake) the BMS would need to be as fast as doom, which works great on 4v4 sized maps but I’d say sprint would be needed for BTB and Warzone especially in possible 32,40, or 64 player maps. I believe sprint has never been bad for BTB and most of its issues lie in 4v4. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Arlong said:

As for the annoyance of being killed by AI or shot by them, don’t ignore the AI then and kill them 🙄-_-. Warzone is meant to be pvppve which it does decently well but in my eyes a bad way simply because the AI aren’t constantly spawning and killing your opponents or you and your allies. 

Now idk about you but I think they should keep sprint in but only for BTB and Warzone(even with a fast BMS(remember it can’t be ridiculously fast like quake) the BMS would need to be as fast as doom, which works great on 4v4 sized maps but I’d say sprint would be needed for BTB and Warzone especially in possible 32,40, or 64 player maps. I believe sprint has never been bad for BTB and most of its issues lie in 4v4. 

1) They were talking about when AI gets triggered to spawn and rushes you while you are already engaged with a real player.  Not that it was being ignored before the battle begun.  That shit is annoying af in any game.

2) Regardless of scale its still totally unnecessary. Getting players from point a to point b quickly can be handled better than simply giving them a zoomy boi button.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.