Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

I was looking for a pick up that could give melee more functionality.  Gravity Gauntlet gives the user many different types of melees.

Airborne melee, knockback melee, deflection melee, destruction melee, movement melee.  By jumping, looking down, and meleeing a wall, the user could perform a maneuver similar to Bruteshot jumping.  By meleeing a cracked wall, the user could open up a new route.  By whiffing at an incoming rocket, the user could send it flying in another direction.  By meleeing a crate, the user could splatter a player behind it.  By meleeing an enemy near the edge, the user could send him flying off the map.  By pressing A while airborne, the user could deliver a vertical strike down on enemies below.

Aside from Ground Pound, the Gravity Gauntlet requires no additional input from the user, his melees just gain unique properties.  There are many weapons and multiple grenade types.  Why not give melee something to enhance it?

@Apoll0

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

You seem to take a lot of inspiration from Hero shooters.... This is basically Doomfist from overwatch.

Doomfist is what made me quit OW for good. They spent 9 months nerfing Roadhog into the ground because "people don't like 1-shot heroes" and then released the most broken ez 1-tap mechanic I've ever seen in a video game. So much hype was built for such a dumbass hero.

Share this post


Link to post

The Promethean Hoverbike carries a lone rider.  It is fast, extremely maneuverable, and cannot be flipped or knocked over.  LT performs a single boost that recharges over time.  RT toggles on a headlight that creates a tunnel through objects in front of the bike, allowing the user to ride through.  Once the bike has passed, the tunnel behind it disappears.  

LB and RB release a short range blast, to the left or to the right, that damages and knocks other bikes back (for Race gametypes).  R3 decreases turn radius at the expense of speed.  Landing a jump uneven with the ground causes a temporary reduction in speed.  The Right Thumbstick adjusts the pitch of the vehicle while airborne.

Share this post


Link to post

With modern animation and with good enough variety, opposing Flood in Infinite could be really cool.

Also: Flood Firefight. Halo has it's own built in co-op zombie mode, why is this not a thing as a 3spooky5me event?

Share this post


Link to post

Zombies arent cool anymore. Fuck, zombies in cod has sucked for years now

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Zombies arent cool anymore. Fuck, zombies in cod has sucked for years now

Yeah but CoD is garbage. A total refresh of the series is needed. New engine, overhauled gun mechanics, singleplayer campaign that doesn't suck. A return to it's (slightly) more hardcore roo-

220px-CallofDutyModernWarfare(2019).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Yeah but CoD is garbage. A total refresh of the series is needed. New engine, overhauled gun mechanics, singleplayer campaign that doesn't suck. A return to it's (slightly) more hardcore roo-

220px-CallofDutyModernWarfare(2019).jpg

 

8 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Microtransactions.

As much as the new CoD interests for the first time in many years, the scummy way of selling the game and then adding gambling based MT's a month or 2 afterwards to abuse the Sunk Cost Fallacy from previous games put me on edge.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

With modern animation and with good enough variety, opposing Flood in Infinite could be really cool.

Also: Flood Firefight. Halo has it's own built in co-op zombie mode, why is this not a thing as a 3spooky5me event?

I want to see a cutscene that takes you from the production, through the delivery, and finally to the deployment of a Flood Spore.  Like the opening scene of Lord of War but a flood spore instead of a bullet.

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

What do you think about power ups that don’t activate until the user’s shields are full and if the user is killed before the power up is activated, then he drops it back onto the map?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think about power ups that don’t activate until the user’s shields are full and if the user is killed before the power up is activated, then he drops it back onto the map?

I prefer when they activate immediately.  There was nothing wrong with the way power ups worked as far as activation was concerned so why they changed it in 5 i'm not sure.  I believe it was because they wanted to stop people from just flying in and grabbing it, but players do that shit anyway because its still a better strategy to get a burn and die than let the other team have it.  The second half though i am totally behind, and is a better solution to the problem 343 was probably trying to fix in the first place. (not that that issue would exist in the first place if advanced mobility wasn't a thing.... but i digress).  If you kill someone before the powerup is used up, it should be available for pickup with whatever time was left on it.  OS would follow this same rule if you assassinate the OS user. This would stop burns from being a thing and allow the power up to always play a factor as it should.

 

My question is, if someone has camo and dies after 10 seconds with it, there are still 30 seconds on it.  Do you choose to display that on the power up as its laying on the ground, or do you let players take a best guess? Does the time left on it continue to decay as it lays there, or does it "Pause" until its picked up again? If its paused and nobody picks it up, does it stay there through the next round of power ups or does it disappear when the next one comes up?

Share this post


Link to post

Don’t display time, pause the timer, and make the dropped power up despawn after the amount of time left on it.  This way, if the power up is dropped with three seconds left, it won’t be sitting there for ages.  

If you were going to make power ups droppable at all times, which they shouldn’t be.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I prefer when they activate immediately.  There was nothing wrong with the way power ups worked as far as activation was concerned so why they changed it in 5 i'm not sure.  I believe it was because they wanted to stop people from just flying in and grabbing it, but players do that shit anyway because its still a better strategy to get a burn and die than let the other team have it.  The second half though i am totally behind, and is a better solution to the problem 343 was probably trying to fix in the first place. (not that that issue would exist in the first place if advanced mobility wasn't a thing.... but i digress).  If you kill someone before the powerup is used up, it should be available for pickup with whatever time was left on it.  OS would follow this same rule if you assassinate the OS user. This would stop burns from being a thing and allow the power up to always play a factor as it should.

  

My question is, if someone has camo and dies after 10 seconds with it, there are still 30 seconds on it.  Do you choose to display that on the power up as its laying on the ground, or do you let players take a best guess? Does the time left on it continue to decay as it lays there, or does it "Pause" until its picked up again? If its paused and nobody picks it up, does it stay there through the next round of power ups or does it disappear when the next one comes up?

Totally agree with this, powerups should be dropped on death. Not sure about pausing, they could display it similarly to how it's shown on the HUD tho. One thing I'd like to add is that the team that just lost the powerup should be locked out from picking it up for 5-10 seconds, similar to the Demon Rune in DOOM that can only be picked up by the team that killed the demon in the first 5 seconds. Otherwise I think holding hands with powerup users would become the new meta.This would also help against cheese situations like sniping camo on Guardian from S3 just to see the dude's teammate grab it and run away.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

A custom power up that allows the user to switch between three power up effects on the fly using the D pad.

Speedboost - 125% movement speed 

Vampire - 50% of damage dealt is returned to the user’s shields

Body Armor - 150% damage resistance to explosions and bodyshots 

In CTF, you could use Speedboost while positioning, Vampire while fighting your way in, and Body Armor while grabbing the flag.

On a tug of war map, this power up could be set to have an unlimited duration, be dropped on death, and to damage any teammates who touch it within 10 seconds of dropping.  This allows a team to push forward with the power up but if the power up user dies, the enemy can turn the tables on them.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Don’t display time, pause the timer, and make the dropped power up despawn after the amount of time left on it.  This way, if the power up is dropped with three seconds left, it won’t be sitting there for ages.  

If you were going to make power ups droppable at all times, which they shouldn’t be.

Oh no i don't want people to think that lol.  Power ups only drop on death,  you can't choose to.  I was thinking about this a little more earlier.  I think something like a 30 second despawn would be better, regardless of how much time is "left" on the powerup. It should be the teams responsibility to make a decision if its worth it to go for a 5 second power up, not have the game make that decision for them before they can get there.  

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Totally agree with this, powerups should be dropped on death. Not sure about pausing, they could display it similarly to how it's shown on the HUD tho. One thing I'd like to add is that the team that just lost the powerup should be locked out from picking it up for 5-10 seconds, similar to the Demon Rune in DOOM that can only be picked up by the team that killed the demon in the first 5 seconds. Otherwise I think holding hands with powerup users would become the new meta.This would also help against cheese situations like sniping camo on Guardian from S3 just to see the dude's teammate grab it and run away.

I think i want the time left on the power up to pause for the simple fact that it makes it more enticing to go pick one up that has been dropped.  People have to make a decision if its worth it.  That player had it for 20 seconds, so there are 20 seconds left. If it takes me 10 seconds to get there safely, and the timer on it doesn't pause then there is only 10 seconds left and its hardly worth it. I think if you don't pause the timer on the power up when its dropped, people will really only pick it up again if they are already right there so whats the point?

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

A custom power up that allows the user to switch between three power up effects on the fly using the D pad.

Speedboost - 125% movement speed 

Vampire - 50% of damage dealt is returned to the user’s shields

Body Armor - 150% damage resistance to explosions and bodyshots 

In CTF, you could use Speedboost while positioning, Vampire while fighting your way in, and Body Armor while grabbing the flag.

On a tug of war map, this power up could be set to have an unlimited duration, be dropped on death, and to damage any teammates who touch it within 10 seconds of dropping.  This allows a team to push forward with the power up but if the power up user dies, the enemy can turn the tables on them.

Custom power ups should be able to do this kind of stuff yeah.  I wouldn't want 343 wasting time trying to balance this thing. But give the community the tools to create it.  I stil really want a Haste power up in Halo.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Man imagine if 343 went as fucking batshit crazy with the vehicle sandbox as they went with the weapon sandbox in Halo 5.

 

Imagine if instead of 5 different magnums that sound and look different but all do the same thing, we got Elephants and Falcons and Hornets and Spectres and Revenants and Locusts and Grizzlies etc etc.

 

Infinite should expand the vehicle sandbox a fuck-ton more.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Man imagine if 343 went as fucking batshit crazy with the vehicle sandbox as they went with the weapon sandbox in Halo 5.

 

Imagine if instead of 5 different magnums that sound and look different but all do the same thing, we got Elephants and Falcons and Hornets and Spectres and Revenants and Locusts and Grizzlies etc etc.

 

Infinite should expand the vehicle sandbox a fuck-ton more.

It be real nice to have an Elephant or mammoth vehicle in MM/customs.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

If we have static timers on powerups every minute, the way God intended, then we wouldn’t need to pause the timer when one gets dropped.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Man imagine if 343 went as fucking batshit crazy with the vehicle sandbox as they went with the weapon sandbox in Halo 5.

 

Imagine if instead of 5 different magnums that sound and look different but all do the same thing, we got Elephants and Falcons and Hornets and Spectres and Revenants and Locusts and Grizzlies etc etc.

 

Infinite should expand the vehicle sandbox a fuck-ton more.

IcePrincess objects. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Man imagine if 343 went as fucking batshit crazy with the vehicle sandbox as they went with the weapon sandbox in Halo 5.

 

Imagine if instead of 5 different magnums that sound and look different but all do the same thing, we got Elephants and Falcons and Hornets and Spectres and Revenants and Locusts and Grizzlies etc etc.

 

Infinite should expand the vehicle sandbox a fuck-ton more.

What about the vehicle sandbox would you want added, removed, or changed?  Does Halo need its own version of an Armored Personnel Carrier or an Alien Motorcycle?  A massive mobile base as big as a Scarab down to a tiny piece of equipment, like a Hoverboard, that moves players around the map.

How could the vehicle sandbox be better?  What needs are not currently being met?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What about the vehicle sandbox would you want added, removed, or changed?  Does Halo need its own version of an Armored Personnel Carrier or an Alien Motorcycle?  A massive mobile base as big as a Scarab down to a tiny piece of equipment, like a Hoverboard, that moves players around the map.

How could the vehicle sandbox be better?  What needs are not currently being met?

I think Infinite needs to have every weapon (minus all the REQ’s) vehicle and gametype that has ever been in Halo. Not all of them necessarily need to be available in matchmaking, but they should absolutely be useable in forge and customs. 

This game absolutely must knock it out of the ballpark at launch. The biggest problem with Halo 5 besides bad mechanics that don’t appeal to the vast majority of gamers and Halo fans, was a total lack of content at launch, and most of the content added thereafter was piss poor at best. 

 

To answer your question, I think having a Covenant-equivalent mongoose would be neat, as well as a Covenant airtransport vehicle akin to the Hornet. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What about the vehicle sandbox would you want added, removed, or changed?  Does Halo need its own version of an Armored Personnel Carrier or an Alien Motorcycle?  A massive mobile base as big as a Scarab down to a tiny piece of equipment, like a Hoverboard, that moves players around the map.

How could the vehicle sandbox be better?  What needs are not currently being met?

Just give us more vehicles to fuck around with, the only difference between the current sandbox and the sandbox from 2001 is a Forerunner floaty thing, a mech, a UNSC floaty thing, and an atv. 

 

Elephants, Scarab's, Pelican's, Vultures, Locusts, Sparrowhawks, Falcon's, Seraphs, Phantoms, Rhino's, Grizzlies, if its been in a Halo game, it should be in Infinite and it should be available in Bigger BTB (32 vs 32, go big or go home.) New vehicles are way more fun than new weapons imo, and the vehicle sandbox has barely been touched, and a balanced Vehicle sandbox isn't really necessary if they create a large scale gamemode, give us a proper playground to finally use all the cool shit that we've been teased with game after game. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Pelican's

The problem with larger vehicles is, what do all the players aboard do?  A Falcon can already carry one pilot and two side gunners.  What more could you add to make the Pelican unique?  A primary weapon for the pilot, two rear facing jumps seats, and the ability to carry a Warthog underneath the Pelican?  Is that enough?

A flying vehicle that allowed passengers to fire themselves down onto the map could be interesting.  One pilot and four passengers.  Where the pilot positions the vehicle determines the general location that passengers can launch themselves down to and each passenger fine tunes the aim to pick their exact landing zone.  Each passenger is given an Overshield at launch that is depleted upon super hero landing.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Well yea vehicles suck 

What changes to vehicles would make them more acceptable?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.