Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

I was running on a GTX 760 until recently. Could play any game at 60 FPS just had to sacrifice some visual fidelity. I bought that card 5 years ago. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

What do you think of an Ordnance style power up?

Custom Power Up would have the option to enable to user to pick between up to four different items to receive as their reward.  The item selection is pre determined by the map designer, like OS, Camo, Rockets, Sniper, for example.  There could be a time limit before the default selection is automatically given to the user.

This could give players a whole new layer of decision making and an element of unpredictability.  Reading the situation and deciding which item would give the greatest benefit and then executing that plan is a skill this pick up could promote.

Instead of traditional pick ups, you could have the user choose between different custom power ups like Vampirism, Speedboost, Body Armor, Enhanced Radar, etc.

 

Here’s what the power up might look like:

440px-ItemBoxMK8.png

  • WutFace (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post

The ability to select Ordnance can be obtained in a variety of ways.  Picking up a power up Invasion, killing the Alpha Zombie with a headshot in Infection, going on a killing spree in BTB, etc.  The rewards Ordnance provides can vary.  Weapons, power ups, even vehicles could be selected.  The D pad is used to make items materialize for the user, in certain situations.

You could even tie Ordnance into an optional Objective.  Capture a Neutral Flag to gain Ordnance.  Many possibilities.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

If we all ignore him, we won’t have to talk about it.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

If we all ignore him, we won’t have to talk about it.

The years have soured you.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Nokt said:

What does that have to do with anything? Snipe Three's comment said if you stop to build a top end computer you won't have to upgrade it for years and you refuted it. The GTX 750 is a lower-mid range card, not a high end card. The GTX 1070 is a high-mid range card, you don't even have to have a completely high end computer to achieve high frame rates with an older computer. I even went a generation behind with the GTX 970 and showed you can still achieve good frame rates.

 

My original argument was you couldn’t get those specs without spending more than you would on a console. Fun fact that GPU is going basically 500 at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Arlong said:

My original argument was you couldn’t get those specs without spending more than you would on a console. Fun fact that GPU is going basically 500 at best. 

Okay, but I'm responding to your response to Snipe. As far as I'm aware he wasn't directly responding to your argument about building a good PC for around the same price as an Xbox. He was responding to the fact that if you spend a little more money for a high tier computer its specs will be relevant for years to come. Our discussion about budget PC's isn't directly related. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arlong said:

My original argument was you couldn’t get those specs without spending more than you would on a console. Fun fact that GPU is going basically 500 at best. 

 

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

My original argument was you couldn’t get those specs without spending more than you would on a console. Fun fact that GPU is going basically 500 at best.  I have the GTX 1070 TI and i7 8700k. I got this two years ago and it cost me about 1300$ total in the end.  

 

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

My original argument was you couldn’t get those specs without spending more than you would on a console. Fun fact that GPU is going basically 500 at best.  I have the GTX 1070 TI and i7 8700k. I got this two years ago and it cost me about 1300$ total in the end.  

 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Glitch on the website. 

 

Nice Overkill Exterm bro.

  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/4/2019 at 4:34 AM, Basu said:

Maybe to you this wasn't a factor, but I know tons of people who would appreciate the fact everyone is using the same hardware when competing online. The 360 was sold for almost a decade and while chipset and stuff changed they never upped the specs for it. Consoles were known for having longer generation cycles and not requiring constant hardware changes like people say PC gaming does. The original Xbox One was made obsolete two years after launch and now scarlet is gonna make that obsolete as well next year. Meanwhile a good PC can last at least three to four years.

I mean yeah exclusives and ease of use are the other pillars consoles' success was built on, but in the last few years consoles lost the equal hardware aspect and made tons of steps backwards in the ease of use department. I can't remember the last time I booted my One and something didn't go wrong like the headset not working, party chat randomly disconnecting etc. And don't get me started on the constant useless updates that lock you out of the entire console for 20 minutes. As a whole this generation of consoles is a massive step down in perceived value.

Except they're not obsolete to all the people who don't need or want cutting edge graphics and fps. If the Xbox one is obsolete then I guess every pc that isn't bleeding edge is obsolete too.

Share this post


Link to post

The Team Duals Gametype 

The only two weapons in the game that can be dual wielded are the Mauler and the Spiker.  Players spawn with a set of each.  The Scope button toggles the left weapon between holstered and equipped.  Switching weapons does not drop or unequip the left weapon (players could switch back and forth from dual maulers to dual spikers).

There is an Ammo Pack Power Up that temporarily changes the behavior of the user’s weapons.  The Mauler goes from firing a shotgun spread of low damage pellets to firing a single, explosive, Bruteshot projectile.  The Stabilizer Spikes fired from the Spiker produce less recoil and drop less over distance.

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/7/2019 at 4:32 AM, Mow said:

Nice Overkill Exterm bro.

Didn't even want to remove them.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ripharambe said:

Except they're not obsolete to all the people who don't need or want cutting edge graphics and fps. If the Xbox one is obsolete then I guess every pc that isn't bleeding edge is obsolete too.

They are obsolete in the sense that people are at an advantage when playing online with the new consoles, something which was never a thing during the golden era. 

You can't change graphics settings or configs on console to get more fps or increase the draw distance while removing useless post processing. You're stuck with the same pos while people can see you from further away, in higher detail and more stable FPS on the "same console". If that technically not "obsolete" fine then just call it bullshit which is what it really is. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Boyo said:

The Team Duals Gametype 

The only two weapons in the game that can be dual wielded are the Mauler and the Spiker.  Players spawn with a set of each.  The Scope button toggles the left weapon between holstered and equipped.  Switching weapons does not drop or unequip the left weapon (players could switch back and forth from dual maulers to dual spikers).

There is an Ammo Pack Power Up that temporarily changes the behavior of the user’s weapons.  The Mauler goes from firing a shotgun spread of low damage pellets to firing a single, explosive, Bruteshot projectile.  The Stabilizer Spikes fired from the Spiker produce less recoil and drop less over distance.

What do you think?

Make a prototype and call me.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Basu said:

They are obsolete in the sense that people are at an advantage when playing online with the new consoles, something which was never a thing during the golden era. 

You can't change graphics settings or configs on console to get more fps or increase the draw distance while removing useless post processing. You're stuck with the same pos while people can see you from further away, in higher detail and more stable FPS on the "same console". If that technically not "obsolete" fine then just call it bullshit which is what it really is. 

You'd think they'd cater for things like this.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

A charge up weapon with no cooldown after firing will fire like an automatic with a slow rate of fire after the initial charge up.  Projectiles that deliver significant knockback can momentarily pin airborne players to walls.  2 shots to kill and a 0.6 second charge up time means, without pre charging, the killtime is 1.2 seconds but with pre charging, it can be as little as 0.6 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A charge up weapon with no cooldown after firing will fire like an automatic with a slow rate of fire after the initial charge up.  Projectiles that deliver significant knockback can momentarily pin airborne players to walls.  2 shots to kill and a 0.6 second charge up time means, without pre charging, the killtime is 1.2 seconds but with pre charging, it can be as little as 0.6 seconds.

I will never support anything that includes hero-shooter crowd control bullshit. And we know how shitty flinch is in Halo, so full on knockback i can't get behind either.

Share this post


Link to post

I like knockback on one weapon because it allows the environment to play a part in how the weapon functions.  Target is close to a wall?  Momentary movement stun when knocked into it.  Target is near a ledge?  Target is knocked off.  Target is approaching with a Sword?  Target is knocked out of lunge range.  Target is taking cover behind a crate?  Knock the crate into him.  

Not to mention, the ability to flip vehicles would make it a viable weapon in larger scale game modes.

@Apoll0

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Boyo said:

I like knockback on one weapon because it allows the environment to play a part in how the weapon functions.  Target is close to a wall?  Momentary movement stun when knocked into it.  Target is near a ledge?  Target is knocked off.  Target is approaching with a Sword?  Target is knocked out of lunge range.  Target is taking cover behind a crate?  Knock the crate into him.  

Not to mention, the ability to flip vehicles would make it a viable weapon in larger scale game modes.

@Apoll0

I just mean knockback against humans.  You can already move objects and flip vehicles with what halo currently has. You don't need a special weapon for that kind of stuff, you just need it baked into the physics of the object. Explosions moving me while im in the air is fine i guess.  I just don't want an explosion or weapon to knock me around when my feet are planted.  This might just be my preference as i have personal hatred for any kind of crowd control mechanics and thats what that sounds like to me.

Share this post


Link to post

I liked the Minigun from UT3, how it's alt fire was a slower rate of fire, but did more damage and knockback. I always found it pretty satisfying to pin someone in a corner and wail on them with that thing. But the movement speed is also a lot faster in UT, so maybe it'd be pretty rough in Halo. I'd be curious to play around with it though.

Share this post


Link to post

How about a vehicle where the driver can fire a projectile that temporarily creates a hole in whatever object it hits, like an outer wall of the enemy base, so his passengers can enter SWAT team style.

Inspiration:

 

Share this post


Link to post

Why didn't they just know down the door lol? I wouldn't be opposed to BTB maps having destruction, although at the same time that's a hugely overrated concept.

Share this post


Link to post

The Gravity Gauntlet allows the user to perform a Ground Pound by pressing A while airborne.  Meleeing a player or moveable object knocks it back.  Meleeing without an enemy targeted releases a Gravity Wave that knocks back proximate grenades and projectiles.  Meleeing a weak object destroys it.  Meleeing an immovable object knocks the user back.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The Gravity Gauntlet allows the user to perform a Ground Pound by pressing A while airborne.  Meleeing a player or moveable object knocks it back.  Meleeing without an enemy targeted releases a Gravity Wave that knocks back proximate grenades and projectiles.  Meleeing a weak object destroys it.  Meleeing an immovable object knocks the user back.

You seem to take a lot of inspiration from Hero shooters.... This is basically Doomfist from overwatch.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.