CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I don't really care. Xbox 360 and now the One systems have always been hardware devices to sell you services. MS make mad stacks from LIVE and Game Pass. It's always been the strategy, they just need to get the hardware in your hands to be able to buy those services.

Yeah hardware is almost always sold at a loss to bring you into the ecosystem. 

Just because Xbox is bringing their catalog to PC doesn't mean that those games won't come attached with XBL Gold. The games pass is already a good deal, hundreds of games for a low monthly cost. 

18 hours ago, Boyo said:

Is that really still true?  Isn’t the Xbox One X like 5 times more powerful than a standard Xbox One.  Personally, I know I will be more leery of consoles now that I know there is going to be a more powerful version released every six months.

I mean I understand but let's not over-exaggerate it. The Xbox One launched in 2013. The X launched in 2017. That's a 4 year gap. And while the X is a huge upgrade, the original still works perfectly fine today and will work fine for at least one more year, guaranteed. That's 7 years for a single console. And from what Microsoft has told us, the X isn't going to be obsolete when Scarlet comes around. The X should still be relevant, at the bare minimum end of 2021. Which would be 4 years minimum.

Now if you're looking to always have the most up to date graphics and best console available, then yeah you're going to be buying a new console in every 3-5 years. But that's more of a preference than a requirement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m just not a fan of two players on the “same” console where one can have a higher frame rate and longer render distances than the other.  These are real advantages and I thought the idea with consoles is that no one has a hardware advantage.  I’m sure this is an outmoded way of thinking but that was a selling point for me on consoles vs pc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

20 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I’m just not a fan of two players on the “same” console where one can have a higher frame rate and longer render distances than the other.  These are real advantages and I thought the idea with consoles is that no one has a hardware advantage.  I’m sure this is an outmoded way of thinking but that was a selling point for me on consoles vs pc.

AFAIK there is no frame rate difference between the og and X, as far as Halo is concerned. There are games, like Forza, which give you the option to increase frame rate instead of increasing the graphics. But it's not like we're talking about MCC having 60 fps only on the X and 30 fps on the og. The upgraded graphics does not provide an advantage. And there's no reason to believe that the X won't be able to handle 60 fps for Infinite.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

I don’t think any Halo maps are big enough for render distances to factor in. Also the first Xbox one already runs MCC say 60 fps, which is high enough that theres not much advantage to having it higher, just preference.

17 minutes ago, Haloleaks said:

Halo infinite dev confirms sprint, saying it is "sort of just expected of us (like hit markers and such)"

https://knockout.chat/thread/56/11#post-36884

nearly everyone on that thread makes me want to vomit.

It's been nearly 9 years, we've spent trying to debunk nearly every argument for sprint in halo, yet its here just to meet player expectations. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Haloleaks said:

Halo infinite dev confirms sprint, saying it is "sort of just expected of us (like hit markers and such)"

I hope thats some faker and not a real halo dev. 

That guy: I really like sprint

Also that guy: Halo 4 and 5 gameplay never really did it for me.

HOLY FUCK, do you not see the connection?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This is as far as I know just some small discord community?  Because I've never hard of this site before and doubt some dev would be posting on it just because.  I find it hard to believe he's a developer, and assuming he is he never explicitly stated whether it was in the game or not anyways, just offered his thoughts on it.

Not only should players be able to sprint but they should also gain a frontal shield while doing so and be able to kill enemies by contacting them while sprinting.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Not only should players be able to sprint but they should also gain a frontal shield while doing so and be able to kill enemies by contacting them while sprinting.

Isn’t that just a Ghost?

Just now, Boyo said:

Isn’t that just a Ghost?

Wait, do you mean to tell me that Halo has had sprint all this time, just implemented in a way that doesn’t fuck its core gameplay?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

LIterally who are these people? It's good to see though that Favyn's video gets posted even on "I like sprint" echochambers, there might still be hope for this franchise.

Also Boyo my man are you talking to yourself? lol

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JordanB said:

AFAIK there is no frame rate difference between the og and X, as far as Halo is concerned. There are games, like Forza, which give you the option to increase frame rate instead of increasing the graphics. But it's not like we're talking about MCC having 60 fps only on the X and 30 fps on the og. The upgraded graphics does not provide an advantage. And there's no reason to believe that the X won't be able to handle 60 fps for Infinite.

Halo 4 runs like ass on the One X in 4k60fps.

Which is fine by me because it is ass.

• Simms (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Haloleaks said:

This is literally the exact same bull shit excuse they used for justifying putting it in Halo 5 “Sprint is expected in a shooter”. I mean I’m not at all surprised I knew the chances of having sprint in this game was nearly 100% anyways.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Basu said:

LIterally who are these people? It's good to see though that Favyn's video gets posted even on "I like sprint" echochambers, there might still be hope for this franchise.

Also Boyo my man are you talking to yourself? lol

Hey man, Sprint defenders are enough to drive anyone insane.

• Like (+1) 2

I have no doubt that sprint will be in Infinite, that said I'm still going to be immensely disappointed when it's finally revealed...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I’m gonna stretch out your map and sprint all over it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 5

On 6/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, Boyo said:

The Ammo Pack pick up provides one magazine of modified ammo for the weapon the player had equipped on pick up.  Each weapon is modified in a unique and different way.

The Quad Damage Power Up quadruples the damage output of every weapon for 30 seconds.

@S0UL FLAME :

XFqHtXE.jpg

You're literally not introducing anything or innovating anything at all period. You're rearranging circus concepts. Have a Neg with your pity upvotes

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Glad we are truly embracing our inner 2008. Can't have the glory days without it.

I don't care if Infinite has sprint in it, I only care that it's not in Arena (or whatever the new marketing name will be).

But it will be. 

And Halo will die again.

• Like (+1) 1

Finally Vyrst posts and we can get revenge for all his drive by negs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1