CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Also, if we’re just giving out mechanic ideas, I had some dumb thoughts about button combos and a way to make fast movement take skill, instead of clicking a to go faster. What if they added a wavedash or waveland combo? Let’s say they keep thrust in the game but it’s quicker and much much shorter. As you’re about to land, if you perfectly time a thrust and crouch, you slide across the floor much farther than a thrust can push you, while also being able to shoot through it. Also since you land crouching, this could be used to carry your momentum into a spring jump. I could see this being used as a sick strafe mixup. And if you miss it you get punished as you’re just stuck crouching on the floor.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

37 minutes ago, andregr said:

Also, if we’re just giving out mechanic ideas, I had some dumb thoughts about button combos and a way to make fast movement take skill, instead of clicking a to go faster. What if they added a wavedash or waveland combo? Let’s say they keep thrust in the game but it’s quicker and much much shorter. As you’re about to land, if you perfectly time a thrust and crouch, you slide across the floor much farther than a thrust can push you, while also being able to shoot through it. Also since you land crouching, this could be used to carry your momentum into a spring jump. I could see this being used as a sick strafe mixup. And if you miss it you get punished as you’re just stuck crouching on the floor.

I honestly like this idea a lot, mostly the short distance thrust by itself would be interesting to see on its own.

The Hippopotamus is a Mobile Promethean Base with Attacker spawn points inside.  The driver maneuvers the vehicle.  One player can man the Slider turret, one player can man the Rover turret, and other players can fire themselves through the Teleporter turret.

The Slider is a Monitor sized turret that can travel along predetermined routes on the outer side of the base.  The Rover is a Monitor sized turret that can teleport between four locations on the outer side of the base.  The Teleporter turret teleports the user to the location of his reticle.

Driving and manning turrets are all activated from inside the base but give the user a view from outside the base while using them.  The driver’s view is pulled back into third person, above and behind the vehicle.  The turrets pull the user into first person view, inside of a turret that is mounted on the outside of the vehicle.  

The driver can dock the vehicle at various locations throughout the phases of an Invasion match.  Docking opens up doors, bridges, ramps, and gravity lifts that integrate with the geometry of the map, turning the vehicle from a mobile base into a stationary base for the time being.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On 6/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, Apoll0 said:

I would prefer the visible rankings of 1-50, with modern placement and matchmaking.

No. Making the picture bigger is the only thing it needs.  I still have nightmares about Promethean vision.

That’s because nostalgia blinds you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

A Reload Combo on the Utility weapon, where you press the reload button a second time a certain number of frames after the first to perform an accelerated reload, would it be too annoying for something you perform so many times a match or add a little mechanical skill to reloading under pressure?

Not against this, the less time you can spend reloading the better.  I'd say we could just introduce backpack reloads but a skill based element in it would be nice. Ive seen military shooters just do double-tap reload to drop the full mag and put a new one in faster. Lose more ammo, but faster reload.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How it would get fluffed for canon is beyond me, but a weapon cooldown (not overheat, mind you) I think would be better than a reload, thus playing into ^ the backpack reload thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, andregr said:

Kinda like the gears mechanic?

What they could do kind of already exists but exaggerate it more. Usually there’s a point in the reload animation that is the point where your gun is reloaded. After that point you can just YY to cancel the rest of the animation. I could see that being a mechanic where they purposefully bring that ‘point’ to earlier in an animation so YY’ing is more viable.

Few things in Halo feels as satisfying as YYing a BR reload in H2. This mechanic should definitely be explored more: It's skillful, not too powerful, fun to do and pretty straightforward to learn, unlike most of the other H2 combos or H5's jungle gym combos. One of my favorite Halo "tech" next to spring jumping, BLB and crouch jumping.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Few things in Halo feels as satisfying as YYing a BR reload in H2. This mechanic should definitely be explored more: It's skillful, not too powerful, fun to do and pretty straightforward to learn, unlike most of the other H2 combos or H5's jungle gym combos. One of my favorite Halo "tech" next to spring jumping, BLB and crouch jumping.

I don't think there is a better feeling in all of Halo than a perfectly executed double melee. Not really counting getting a 4v1 Overkill and stuff though.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Arlong said:

That’s because nostalgia blinds you.

I don't even understand what you are referring to honestly...

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

How it would get fluffed for canon is beyond me, but a weapon cooldown (not overheat, mind you) I think would be better than a reload, thus playing into ^ the backpack reload thing. 

They could always pull a Mass Effect 1 with its explanation. From the wiki:

In Mass Effect, to generate ammunition a weapon shaves a projectile the size of a sand grain from a dense block of metal contained within the weapon's body. The projectile is launched at supersonic velocities by decreasing its mass in a mass effect field. Thousands of these tiny rounds can be produced from a single ammunition block. Ammunition is never a concern because of this, but managing the weapon's internal heat is; if a weapon is fired too rapidly, heat will build up inside of the weapon and it will overheat, forcing the operator to stop firing long enough for the weapon to disperse that heat buildup.

• Like (+1) 1

A Sonic Pulse creates an expanding, invisible sphere that causes enemies struck by it to emit a sound that reveals their distance and direction.

• Downvote (-1) 1

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

A Sonic Pulse creates an expanding, invisible sphere that causes enemies struck by it to emit a sound that reveals their distance and direction.

Quick, someone photoshop Chief with bat ears.

11 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

I don't even understand what you are referring to honestly...

The 1-50 ranking system. There’s basically no one who plays other games that would prefer that over division ranking. Division ranking is far more balanced in the sense it puts you where you belong after ten matches. Why should we have a guy like Orge 2, Roy, etc be allowed to stomp all the way up to 50? And when they’ve made it to that rank what then? There’s no incentive to stay on that account. With division ranking you need to keep playing for a decent period of time or risk losing that max rank. 343 literally did division wrong by implementing it the wrong way, it also doesn’t help that they don’t have party matching, this would of changed the accuracy of placements. 

@beastprincess 

How would you feel about a pick up that increased the damage dealt by the utility weapon for a limited number of shots?  This pick up gives the Magnum 12 Explosive Rounds that kill in three shots with a headshot.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

@beastprincess 

How would you feel about a pick up that increased the damage dealt by the utility weapon for a limited number of shots?  This pick up gives the Magnum 12 Explosive Rounds that kill in three shots with a headshot.

No

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

@beastprincess 

I like it! I like it so much I say we spawn every player with the power up and it stays active the whole game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

The 1-50 ranking system. There’s basically no one who plays other games that would prefer that over division ranking. Division ranking is far more balanced in the sense it puts you where you belong after ten matches. Why should we have a guy like Orge 2, Roy, etc be allowed to stomp all the way up to 50? And when they’ve made it to that rank what then? There’s no incentive to stay on that account. With division ranking you need to keep playing for a decent period of time or risk losing that max rank. 343 literally did division wrong by implementing it the wrong way, it also doesn’t help that they don’t have party matching, this would of changed the accuracy of placements. 

I like Rocket League's system; they have 10 placement matches each season (it's usually a soft reset); then bronze-diamond + champ then grand champ. Once you're in grand champ you're still incentivized to play by having a top 100 leaderboard. You can get to #1 but if you stop playing you're likely to be passed. Each season gives out rewards depending on what rank you reached and if you got enough wins while in that rank.

If 1-50 is still wanted (maybe for nostalgia, idk) you can still have your 10 placement matches, it gives you a rank, and once you reach 50 just have a MMR number and/or leaderboard to keep people from just quitting and making a new (free) account. 

The Ammo Pack pick up gives one magazine of modified ammo to the weapon the player has equipped.  Pick a weapon and tell me what the ammo pack does to it.

6 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

I take it back

An Ammo Pack pick up gives the player one magazine of modified ammo for the weapon he currently has equipped.  The Magnum, Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, and Sniper Rifle can pick up up to four new types of ammo.  They are toggled between using the D-pad.

Explosive Rounds deal increased damage to players and vehicles.

Armor Piercing Rounds damage vehicle occupants and players behind light cover.

Stealth Rounds are quiet with no contrails.

Incendiary Rounds ignite shieldless players and kill them with damage over time.

The Rocket Launcher has its own selection of ammo packs.

Cluster Bombs create multiple, smaller explosions after the initial explosion.

Incendiary Rounds deal damage over time to the impacted area.

Bunker Busters pass through a layer of cover before exploding on second impact.

Remote Mines stick to the surface they impact without exploding.  Reloading the weapon detonates all active mines.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If nobody has figured it out yet, Boyo's suggestions are from other games. Absolutely none of those ideas are original. This is me just guessing, but I think he's been playing on the joke that Halo takes ideas from other games instead of trying to perfect what it already had.

Sorry not sorry

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

If nobody has figured it out yet, Boyo's suggestions are from other games. Absolutely none of those ideas are original. This is me just guessing, but I think he's been playing on the joke that Halo takes ideas from other games instead of trying to perfect what it already had.

Sorry not sorry

What other game has a pick up that uniquely modifies the weapon you are currently carrying?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What other game has a pick up that uniquely modifies the weapon you are currently carrying?

Quake.

• Like (+1) 1