CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I hate the jumping in CE.

He asked what it added, and what it took away. Jumping in CE is pretty bad if you don't play it enough to adapt to the system, as bad as it is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think I mentioned it a long time ago, but it would be cool if you could see the spawn system in game. Halo 4’s spawn system (and probably others’) had a negative influence on spawn probability if a teammate was looking at that spawn, not just the enemy, because devs think that seeing players spawn takes away from immersion. So what if you brought attention to the system and instead showed a hologram where your teammate was most likely to spawn? I think this would teach a lot of players how the game works regardless of the exact math behind the system. It would be a toggle in custom settings just in case it became too distracting—maybe it could be a player preference. I don’t think many people would opt out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Arlong said:

There’s literally nothing wrong with division ranking you know, it’s just 343 did it poorly in h5. 

I would prefer the visible rankings of 1-50, with modern placement and matchmaking.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Scoping is a simple way to enhance a player’s vision.

Are there any other types of “enhanced vision” modes you think could work in Halo?

No. Making the picture bigger is the only thing it needs.  I still have nightmares about Promethean vision.

• Like (+1) 1

Who needs Promethean vision when you can crouch in a corner and hear every other Spartan TM crunching around on the map? I think movement sound cues work when movement is really fast and hard to predict, e.g. how Quake balances strafe jumping with more noise. Not really an issue if you're just walking in Halo. Unfortunately, as I was reading in an employee spotlight, the audio lead on H5 admitted to enjoying hiding and listening for enemy movement before attacking, in games such as Apex Legends.

Strafing should be crispy, not crunchy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How bout I'll crunch what I wanna crunch and you just leave me the fuck alone.

Yo @Boyo I have an idea to run past you. Spartans are able to decrease their field of view using Smart Link. Shouldn't there be a way to increase the field of view, perhaps to increase awareness? I call it Spartan Reticle Increasing Telemetry, or SPRINT for short.

18 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

How bout I'll crunch what I wanna crunch and you just leave me the fuck alone.

What do you want to crunch, nugget blubber?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

@Gobias

I had considered a way to allow players to increase their field of view (I believe H4 Speedboost increases it slightly already) but I figured that maps should be optimized for a single field of view for a game that is played on locked hardware like a console.

25 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@Gobias

I had considered a way to allow players to increase their field of view (I believe H4 Speedboost increases it slightly already) but I figured that maps should be optimized for a single field of view for a game that is played on locked hardware like a console.

Yeah I'm kinda disappointed that DOOM 2016 had an adjustable field of view on console. They could have just locked it and optimized the game for my 8k TV.

Speaking of sound design in Halo, what do you think about some sort of “Sonic Vision” where certain audible actions show up as visuals to the user.  Basically, you can temporarily see an enemy through a wall if he is firing.

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Speaking of sound design in Halo, what do you think about some sort of “Sonic Vision” where certain audible actions show up as visuals to the user.  Basically, you can temporarily see an enemy through a wall if he is firing.

no

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

If you can't tell someone is shooting on the other side of the wall either the sound design is bad or you have no awareness

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

I know you're just spitballing but that is one of your worst idea ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

insightfps.com

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Last update 2016. Big oof for me dawg.

That’s the way it goes with these Quake-lite games. Twitter account dead for over a year. But don’t worry, dozens have risen up to take its place. This was one of the more original projects, actually.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Props to @Mow for getting @My Namez BEAST back to actual discussion.

I mean, literally everything was going fine. Discussion was pretty civil. I had nothing to do with it turning to shit. I was fine speaking my piece. Until specific people decided that they were allowed to attack because they didn't enjoy the topic. 

You're uhhhh kinda faulting the wrong person here. 

I'd be willing to play more pistol only H5 if it didnt take up 100gbs on my xbox. I like my other games

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

no

What if it was limited to one weapon, like a sniper, that could only see when another sniper was fired?

2 hours ago, Gobias said:

Interesting concept.  Sound whoring visualized and indirect fire weapons.

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I mean, literally everything was going fine. Discussion was pretty civil. I had nothing to do with it turning to shit. I was fine speaking my piece. Until specific people decided that they were allowed to attack because they didn't enjoy the topic. 

You're uhhhh kinda faulting the wrong person here. 

I ain't blamin', just congratulatin'

• Downvote (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Gobias said:

That’s the way it goes with these Quake-lite games. Twitter account dead for over a year. But don’t worry, dozens have risen up to take its place. This was one of the more original projects, actually.

Looks like the project died when the kickstarter failed.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/545180/Muffled_Warfare__Echolocation_Shooter/

This has a similar gimmick, but relies more heavily on it and doesn't seem as Quake-lite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

I'd be willing to play more pistol only H5 if it didnt take up 100gbs on my xbox. I like my other games

Same. I don't even really play Xbox anymore. It'd be a waste to install the game but only play it every so often and only one gametype at that. My brothers have their games that they like.

A Reload Combo on the Utility weapon, where you press the reload button a second time a certain number of frames after the first to perform an accelerated reload, would it be too annoying for something you perform so many times a match or add a little mechanical skill to reloading under pressure?

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

A Reload Combo on the Utility weapon, where you press the reload button a second time a certain number of frames after the first to perform an accelerated reload, would it be too annoying for something you perform so many times a match or add a little mechanical skill to reloading under pressure?

Kinda like the gears mechanic?

What they could do kind of already exists but exaggerate it more. Usually there’s a point in the reload animation that is the point where your gun is reloaded. After that point you can just YY to cancel the rest of the animation. I could see that being a mechanic where they purposefully bring that ‘point’ to earlier in an animation so YY’ing is more viable.

• Upvote (+1) 1