CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

You guys have been arguing over the same things for years. Can you all just shut the fraction up and discuss something new like how they confirmed black undersuits are back, and how we haven't seen the Target Locator since Reach?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

You guys have been arguing over the same things for years. Can you all just shut the fraction up and discuss something new like how they confirmed black undersuits are back, and how we haven't seen the Target Locator since Reach?

For real, it's mostly tiring because you guys keep restating the same stuff and making no progress on the topic. Just agree to disagree and move on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Pfft, what kind of FREAK quotes themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Crimson said:

For real, it's mostly tiring because you guys keep restating the same stuff and making no progress on the topic. Just agree to disagree and move on.

im just waiting for them to stop. i can do this all day

• Fire (+1) 1

I just imagine two people in an H3 lobby trying to out BR each other with invulnerability and 0% damage modifier.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

The problem is there's never going to be an agreement. When it was projectile vs Hitscan, "its the same shit". Power weapons or not, "its the same shit". 

So when does a discussion no longer become "the same shit" 

9 minutes ago, JordanB said:

The problem is there's never going to be an agreement. When it was projectile vs Hitscan, "its the same shit". Power weapons or not, "its the same shit". 

So when does a discussion no longer become "the same shit" 

The key point isn't "the same stuff", it's the respect the individuals have for each other and how they express it through their arguments. That in itself encourages them to have these circular arguments with no respect to their main point. 

The funny thing is that most people here would agree that the delta between starting weapon and map pickups has grown exponentially ever since H2 and that this is not a good thing. As Hardway and Multi have said very well, ideally players should walk over weapons unless they are the dedicated snipers, defense players, flankers etc. of their team. We never had this in matchmaking outside of broken MCC CE and CA Anniversary plus niche stuff like GP customs and Evolved settings (debatable given the ridiculous H5 sniper).

The only actual point of disagreement I see here is stuff like rockets and powerups (and shit like the H4 beam rifle) which is just a flat upgrade uber weapon. This is where the debate becomes more about personal preference and what kind of game you want. Do you think the incentive to move that these items generate outweighs the negative impact of their easiness and power and is overall healthy for the game? Can this be tweaked via spare ammo/powerup duration/respawn timer? I'd love to debate on that, and there have been some good posts the past few pages, but too bad the discussion usually mainly revolves around spamming the same old hyperboles, git gud arguments and the occasional humble brag about challenging powerup users.

• Like (+1) 4

@TheIcePrincess, I don’t have an hour to dissect this post, but I do want to address one thing. You misinterpreted what I said. I was not implying you’re incompetent. I’ve played with you enough that you can rest easy that I wouldn’t say that. I don’t believe that. I said you were being disingenuous about describing something you don’t like, and competent players know how much you’re exaggerating. So slow your roll on that.

Maybe over my lunch break or something I’ll give that post more time, but right now I have no more to give (drill weekend).

Talking about my feelings > talking about Halo 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Got any new weapon/mechanic ideas @Boyo?

The Reload button on the Energy Sword activates a single use, 0.7 second duration, 25% battery draw Phase Shift during which the user cannot receive nor deal damage, indicated by a reduced opacity player model.  During phase shift, players, vehicles, and projectiles pass right through the user.  Phase shifting in a moving vehicle causes the user to exit the vehicle. Phase shifting after being stuck sheds the plasma grenade.

• Like (+1) 1

Do us all a favor and block each other..

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lowkey I would never. This is way too entertaining for me. Sorry for the clutter to y'all tho. 

To be honest I am interested in some of the idea's your side puts forth regarding Halo mechanics (despite being neg bombed for no reason at one point), but without being able to test them these conversations seems to devolve into arguments which just boil down to "just trust me bro, this is the way things are/should be, I can't prove it but trust me" which obviously neither side is willing to believe, and in all honesty, is genuinely difficult to know who exactly IS right. I'm all for idea's which could improve Halo's gameplay, that's why personally I'd like to see people test their idea's when we have the opportunity on PC, in a similar way to how we tested Evolved Settings, instead of engaging in fairly pointless arguments which aren't going to be settled until people can back up what they're saying with some kind of proof.

5 minutes ago, Mow said:

To be honest I am interested in some of the idea's your side puts forth regarding Halo mechanics (despite being neg bombed for no reason at one point), but without being able to test them these conversations seems to devolve into arguments which just boil down to "just trust me bro, this is the way things are/should be, I can't prove it but trust me" which obviously neither side is willing to believe, and in all honesty, is genuinely difficult to know who exactly IS right. I'm all for idea's which could improve Halo's gameplay, that's why personally I'd like to see people test their idea's when we have the opportunity on PC, as we did for Evolved, instead of engaging in fairly pointless arguments which aren't going to be settled until people can back up what they're saying with some kind of proof.

And that's fair. And yo be fair we have played utility only customs. And we loved it. We even tried to get people here that said it wouldn't work to try it. That's how our first huge argument happened. I got told I only wanted people to try it so I could stat on them. Believe me we would LOVE for people to try utility only settings. At least once. But people are pretty adamant that it'll be awful without even trying. We don't want you to take our word. We don't even want you to like it. Just try it and form your own opinion. We have no issue with people not liking what we like. The issue arises when people shit on it like it's a ******** opinion. And not a "real" game. We view our opinion as our own and accept other sides. 

If you really wanna look back you'll see that we simply stated what we enjoy. And said everyone is free to their own opinion. But the opposite side took the stance of straight shitting on it. And not just agreeing it's all subjective opinion. Which it is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Fastest fingers in the West boi 

Lowkey you tryna play some NBNS when it drops? I want you to experience this massacre first hand lmao. If he actually plays. 

Anything other than mcc h3. I'd be shocked if we don't have at least one NBNS event after the travesty that was Dreamhack. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beast is the kid who always wanted to play Slappers Only in Goldeneye.

15 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

And that's fair. And to be fair we have played utility only customs. And we loved it. We even tried to get people here that said it wouldn't work to try it. That's how our first huge argument happened. I got told I only wanted people to try it so I could stat on them. Believe me we would LOVE for people to try utility only settings. At least once. But people are pretty adamant that it'll be awful without even trying. We don't want you to take our word. We don't even want you to like it. Just try it and form your own opinion. We have no issue with people not liking what we like. The issue arises when people shit on it like it's a ******** opinion. And not a "real" game. We view our opinion as our own and accept other sides. 

I'd be willing to try utility only customs on PC assuming you guys are willing to find a suitable Halo title to mod and truly make it feel the way you want it to, I haven't played my Xbox in a while now so there's probably no chance of me playing H5 or MCC on console again. I think a good place to start for utility only would be FFA instead of Team Slayer, mainly because Team Slayer has so many problems it might as well be completely redesigned at this point.

I wouldn’t have a problem with utility only FFAs either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mow said:

I'd be willing to try utility only customs on PC assuming you guys are willing to find a suitable Halo title to mod and truly make it feel the way you want it to, I haven't played my Xbox in a while now so there's probably no chance of me playing H5 or MCC on console again. I think a good place to start for utility only would be FFA instead of Team Slayer, mainly because Team Slayer has so many problems it might as well be completely redesigned at this point.

We don't play slayer at all lol 

25 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Anything other than mcc h3. I'd be shocked if we don't have at least one NBNS event after the travesty that was Dreamhack. 

Yea I feel that H3 Mcc is so incredibly ass I'm shocked we are still using it for HCS. Can't wait for it to swap over. 

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

We don't play slayer at all lol 

Would you not be interested in trying to 'fix' Slayer if you could, maybe even with the use of utility only settings?

3 minutes ago, Mow said:

Would you not be interested in trying to 'fix' Slayer if you could, maybe even with the use of utility only settings?

Utility only slayer with two flags and a hill.  Capping the flag gives you a rocket launcher and standing in the hill charges an Overshield.

• Thonking (+0) 1