CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Yeah that’s totally how that works...:stern:

I'm not saying it's every time obviously, but as I said in recent posts that weren't quoted, it can purely circumstantial sometimes. And given the prize, that doesn't sit right with me.

2 hours ago, The Tyco said:

I enjoy contesting rockets, and enjoy blowing players and vehicles the fuck up. I earned the right to do so, so my moderated fun is inoffensive to the competitive aspect of the game and perfectly fine. I don't know what you mean by what I do.

Okay, so, what makes you think you earned the right to blow the fuck out of players? Just a hypothetical. You're on Pit. Four of you push up, and win that initial push, slaying the enemy team. At what point do you just earn the right to stomp harder?

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'm not saying it's every time obviously, but as I said in recent posts that weren't quoted, it can purely circumstantial sometimes. And given the prize, that doesn't sit right with me.

Okay, so, what makes you think you earned the right to blow the fuck out of players? Just a hypothetical. You're on Pit. Four of you push up, and win that initial push, slaying the enemy team. At what point do you just earn the right to stomp harder?

right when the rocket launcher is in your hands

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay, why?

Because as a power weapon, its location is known and fought over, meaning if you acquired rockets, you either: won one or many battles/ timed it correctly, such that the enemy team lost track.

I say these two conditions does give you the right to have some destructive capability, for a certain amount of time at least.

Who sees who first is 90% circumstantial and that plays into almost every kill that happens in the game. A huge portion of the very basic gameplay of every FPS is circumstantial. 

Meanwhile, power weapons operate on a timer at a static location. Doesn't scream "circumstantial" to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Okay but if you're already outslaying the enemy why do you need even more things to snowball it out of control. How is the act of slaying out not enough already. If you're the better team you're already better lol why add even more. It's like streaks in cod honestly. And we all know how ass they are. 

But the main thing to me is how you find it fun to use or fight against. Like I hate everything about using rockets. It's boring as shit. Same with vehicles. It's also boring as hell to fight against. Since its basically up to the enemy to fuck up. 

Unfair fights and near skill-less pick ups are just so brutally unfun lol. 

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Okay but if you're already outslaying the enemy why do you need even more things to snowball it out of control. How is the act of slaying out not enough already. If you're the better team you're already better lol why add even more. It's like streaks in cod honestly. And we all know how ass they are. 

"If you're already going to win, why do you need to win harder" is a really, really fruitless question that addresses no actually existing problem. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

The goal of a game is to make people have fun by encouraging action. The three main ways to accomplish this are map design, incentive items, and objectives. Obviously base player capabilities have a huge effect, but these generally stay constant. On some maps like The Pit in the absence of an objective, no one would ever move if not for powerful incentive items. But that should not be an excuse to have bad map design and the lackluster counterplay potential with incentive items.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Because as a power weapon, its location is known and fought over, meaning if you acquired rockets, you either: won one or many battles/ timed it correctly, such that the enemy team lost track.

I say these two conditions does give you the right to have some destructive capability, for a certain amount of time at least.

Except you could also just walk across them. As has happened. Even in pro matches. Meaning you don't at all need to win or time something correctly to get a free weapon.

Even if you won, and every weapon was gained this way, why do you deserve to get more power when you're already the more dominant team. You've already won the initial push, and you could go on to win the next with your map advantage. So why do you need the uncontested power of rockets on top of it. 

19 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"If you're already going to win, why do you need to win harder" is a really, really fruitless question that addresses no actually existing problem. 

Uhhh I mean snowballing is a real thing and a real issue. Winning and losing isn't all there is to a game. The actual game is kinda a big deal. 

And again that's wasn't the only point. It's also just plain boring to use and fight free kill weapons. 

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Uhhh I mean snowballing is a real thing and a real issue.  

No competitive iteration of Halo has ever had an issue with snowballing. Barely any casual iterations had a problem with it either. A problem that doesn't exist. 

3 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Winning and losing isn't all there is to a game. The actual game is kinda a big deal. 

It doesn't matter how an ass-beating manifests, power weapons or team BRs or whatever, it always feels like shit to get your butt handed to you. That's why we have ranking systems, and that's why this argument should only concern teams of equal skill. 

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

And again that's wasn't the only point. It's also just plain boring to use and fight free kill weapons. 

Is this the part where I bring up the fact that Halo used to be the biggest competitive console title in North America with those "boring free kill weapons"? 

Nevermind the fact that in certain well-designed Halo games, the power items are not "free kills". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

No competitive iteration of Halo has ever had an issue with snowballing. Barely any casual iterations had a problem with it either. A problem that doesn't exist. 

It doesn't matter how an ass-beating manifests, power weapons or team BRs or whatever, it always feels like shit to get your butt handed to you. That's why we have ranking systems, and that's why this argument should only concern teams of equal skill. 

Is this the part where I bring up the fact that Halo used to be the biggest competitive console title in North America with those "boring free kill weapons"? 

Nevermind the fact that in certain well-designed Halo games, the power items are not "free kills". 

1) uhhhhhhh yea lol. All of them have. Literally every single one. That's what power weapons do. Allow snowballing. Just like killstreaks in cod. Ignoring that because you like it doesn't change that fact. 

2) There's a difference between losing to people that have the exact same shit as you and losing because they got the nuclear bomb pick ups. The same way losing a game in fiesta doesn't feel the same as losing a pure BR match. Its not the same feeling of loss at all. I literally do not care if I lose to a team that straight up beats me with the same gun. I know they just beat me with the EXACT same tools i had all the time. Every kill was earned the exact same way. There's a difference dude. 

3) circumstances exist dude. So moot point. 

You do have the exact same tools...

• Like (+1) 2

Dying from a Rocket Launcher just means you lost the fight within the fight. You had the same tools as the opponent to get them yourself.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

1) uhhhhhhh yea lol. All of them have. Literally every single one. That's what power weapons do. Allow snowballing. Just like killstreaks in cod. Ignoring that because you like it doesn't change that fact. 

Oh really. 

So the first team that gets rockets always wins? 

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

2) There's a difference between losing to people that have the exact same shit as you and losing because they got the nuclear bomb pick ups. The same way losing a game in fiesta doesn't feel the same as losing a pure BR match. Its not the same feeling of loss at all. I literally do not care if I lose to a team that straight up beats me with the same gun. I know they just beat me with the EXACT same tools i had all the time. Every kill was earned the exact same way. There's a difference dude. 

What do you not understand about the fact that you had access to the same weapon, you just weren't good enough to get it? They didn't kill you with rockets to get more rockets. They killed you with the starting weapon to get the rockets. You lost a duel over an objective. 

Once again, see:

41 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Who sees who first is 90% circumstantial and that plays into almost every kill that happens in the game. A huge portion of the very basic gameplay of every FPS is circumstantial. 

Meanwhile, power weapons operate on a timer at a static location. Doesn't scream "circumstantial" to me. 

5 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

3) circumstances exist dude. So moot point. 

You said it was boring. 

Millions of people disagree. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Every kill was earned the exact same way

Sounds exciting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

No competitive iteration of Halo has ever had an issue with snowballing.

Wrong.

In Combat Evolved alone, over half of the competitive 2v2 circuit are infamous for having one team grabbing Rockets and OS and dumping on the other team. You can't tell me you've never experienced getting ass blasted on the bottom half of Derelict until you somehow managed to finally nade down Camo or the Sniper. You can't tell me you've never had to play peek-a-boo on Red Two, OS 2, or Backwall 2/3 on Prisoner against a looming rocket-toting triple-shielded menace until the Camo showed up. You can't tell me you've never gotten pissed at being stuck in Shit Room on Dammy, because the other team has one player with Rockets & OS while the other has Snipe & Camo and you're just stuck there formulating a plan and grabbing the Plasma Rifle hoping you can somehow stun somebody, but oh wait! There is no stun on the PR because CE on the Chief Collection is busted! So now you're just twiddling your thumbs while you hop on the itty bitty bridges hoping you you don't get sniped or rocketed while you try to snag a fresh OS but now your head's gone because the Camo Snipe guy has been watching you this whole time.

Don't you lie ever again.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Wrong.

In Combat Evolved alone, over half of the competitive 2v2 circuit are infamous for having one team grabbing Rockets and OS and dumping on the other team. You can't tell me you've never experienced getting ass blasted on the bottom half of Derelict until you somehow managed to finally nade down Camo or the Sniper. You can't tell me you've never had to play peek-a-boo on Red Two, OS 2, or Backwall 2/3 on Prisoner against a looming rocket-toting triple-shielded menace until the Camo showed up. You can't tell me you've never gotten pissed at being stuck in Shit Room on Dammy, because the other team has one player with Rockets & OS while the other has Snipe & Camo and you're just stuck there formulating a plan and grabbing the Plasma Rifle hoping you can somehow stun somebody, but oh wait! There is no stun on the PR because CE on the Chief Collection is busted! So now you're just twiddling your thumbs while you hop on the itty bitty bridges hoping you you don't get sniped or rocketed while you try to snag a fresh OS but now your head's gone because the Camo Snipe guy has been watching you this whole time.

Don't you lie ever again.

CE is actually trash why do you think no one watches or plays it? 

4 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

CE is actually trash why do you think no one watches or plays it? 

What teh fuck did you just say about me?

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

That's why I think the next utility weapon for Infinite needs to be a somewhere between the CE pistol and the H2/H3 BR in kill time. Having a high skill, hard to use balanced utility weapon gives you a chance to fight anything off spawn. This can give you a chance to slow the stomp with your individual skill without having to secure a snipe or something off of spawn. Each Halo after 1 made it more difficult to get out of these situations, with the lack of spawn control and slower kill times of the utility weapon. 

23 minutes ago, pringles said:

That's why I think the next utility weapon for Infinite needs to be a somewhere between the CE pistol and the H2/H3 BR in kill time. Having a high skill, hard to use balanced utility weapon gives you a chance to fight anything off spawn. This can give you a chance to slow the stomp with your individual skill without having to secure a snipe or something off of spawn. Each Halo after 1 made it more difficult to get out of these situations, with the lack of spawn control and slower kill times of the utility weapon. 

I really enjoy how much you've committed to the pringles brand.

I gotta check out this logic from beastprincess.

Okay, so if the more skilled team wipes out the less skilled team, there shouldn't be power weapons on the map so that they can beat the less skilled team even harder? If that's correct, then lets apply it to power positions on maps. A more skilled team who wipes out a less skilled team shouldn't be able to gain a map advantage that allows them to win even harder against the less skilled team. Therefore, all maps should be symmetric and look like a competition paintball course.

Brilliant stuff you two, someone send this argument to 343 before they ruin infinite for everyone.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

17 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I really enjoy how much you've committed to the pringles brand.

The Kellogg's marketing department didn't share your enthusiasm when I inquired about them paying for my xbl subscription as a form of advertising for them. 

• Like (+1) 3