CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Really?

Doesn't take more than a minute or two on Team Slayer for me.

I don’t live in USA, I don’t get to play MCC. One of the main reason that the rest of the world can’t catch up to NA is because we’ll online gaming has most of the servers in NA, well good luck trying to play with 150 pong to your nearest server.

I don’t live in USA, I don’t get to play MCC. One of the main reason that the rest of the world can’t catch up to NA is because we’ll online gaming has most of the servers in NA, well good luck trying to play with 150 pong to your nearest server.

I feel your pain I played H3 on DSL in the state of Georgia. Think my ping was like 250 to Chicago so playing on LAN was like coming out of the hyperbolic time chamber lmao. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I live in the UK and it's fine unless I try and find a match in the middle of the day.

I feel your pain I played H3 on DSL in the state of Georgia. Think my ping was like 250 to Chicago so playing on LAN was like coming out of the hyperbolic time chamber lmao.

In H3 the few times I pulled host I felt like Neo while the rest of the party could barely play hahaha, Jesus that game online play was hot garbage.

Fireteam Raven accouncement hurts even more because there isn't even a new Halo game to play this year what the fuck. 

I really wonder what 343 did to make Marty so salty over the years. lol.

Make Halo games with music/sound design that sound nothing like previous Halo games

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want a Halo: Reach remake

The game doesn't need to be remade, it would however benefit massively from a resolution and frame rate boost.

I still don't see how a tech demo for an engine made by 343 is supposed to hype me up for the future of Halo. I'd be way more hyped if they announced that future Halos will take advantage of an established engine instead of again using a proprietary engine that will take away valuable development resources. Is Microsoft really this cheap when it comes to licensing fees? Just fire Frankie and use his salary towards a decent 3rd party engine so 343 can focus on making content for once. Let's also not forget that the Xbone is still an outdated piece of shit so no matter how good this engine is the game will look and run like ass.

This is such a weird comment. A large portion of MS’ 1st party leans heavily on UE4 so I don’t think they are against licensing fees.

This engine is obviously meant to scale across multiple hardware configurations.

Perhaps the 3rd party engines available to license aren’t strong in the areas needed for the game they are making...

Finally, someone addresses the elephant in the room.

yall thought i was joking but im really not

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not saying your reasoning is wrong but this is not how this industry works though.

The overwhelming majority of AAA games is still coming out september-november, sure some might come out in spring but it's usually stuff that either wasn't ready for a fall release or something the publisher doesn't have much faith in (there are some very few exections though.)

This is becoming less and less true as publishers realize that gamers play games all throughout they year and realistically would rather not buy them all at the same time.

Crowding the fall made sense when games were only sold physically and publisher made all of their money from retailers buying in bulk. It didn’t matter if kids ever got around to playing their Christmas games, all the money had been made. Now that digital sales yield bigger profit margins, and player engagement drives DLC sales, it’s becoming more important to publishers that games don’t have to share the limelight with the rest of the industry.

Uncharted 4 - May

God of War - April

Breath of the Wild - March

Horizon Zero Dawn - Feb 28

Mario Kart 8 Delux - April

Bloodboune- March

Honestly, it’s increasingly stupid to launch a shooter that isn’t Battlefield, COD, or Destiny in the fall. The audience you seek won’t have time for your game, so they won’t buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yall thought i was joking but im really not

A port that is given the MCC treatment (60fps, resolution/anti-aliasing boost, etc) would be fine.

A complete graphical overhaul...yeah, no.  Reach has a very distinctive art style and I don't trust 343i not to shit all over it.

This is such a weird comment. A large portion of MS’ 1st party leans heavily on UE4 so I don’t think they are against licensing fees.

This engine is obviously meant to scale across multiple hardware configurations.

Perhaps the 3rd party engines available to license aren’t strong in the areas needed for the game they are making...

I very much doubt that 343 of all developers will be the one to make an awesome engine that is stronger that others, even if for example UE4 isn't suited to open world games (I have no idea if this is the case I'm not a dev).

Even if this engine is great, I'd much rather see a decent developer creating it and therefore giving 343 more resources to create content and have some decent QA for once. 343 will just be hamstrung by this engine because 2 years into the game they will realize that they fucked up again and can't add more weapon skins and then they need another 50 GB patch to fix the entire underlying engine. 100% something dumb like this is going to happen.

And @IcePrincess (can't multi quote on mobile) yeah I agree games like DOOM and Gears 4 look stunning, but by the time the next Halo drops technology will have advanced again. MS really fucked up with the One X because they are still held back by the retail Xbox and we're pretty much guaranteed to have another fiasco like Destiny 2 being locked to 30 fps on both consoles.

Does this trailer remind anyone else of the first trailer for Alien Covenant that came out a while ago? 343 got me legit hyped just like the alien covenant trailer did. I ended up hating that movie tho so lets see if history repeats itsself. I mean, this IS 343 were talking about

I better be able to ride the rhinos. That's the innovation we need.

They showed mastodons in the trailer dumbass, not rhinos.

Don’t call yourself a “Halo fan”

They showed mastodons in the trailer dumbass, not rhinos.

Don’t call yourself a “Halo fan”

Halo: Infinite is a working title. We really want it to call it Halo: Wildlife Evolved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I very much doubt that 343 of all developers will be the one to make an awesome engine that is strong that others, even if for example UE4 isn't suited to open world games (I have no idea if this is the case I'm not a dev).

Even if this engine is great, I'd much rather see a decent developer creating it and therefore giving 343 more resources to create content and have some decent QA for once. 343 will just be hamstrung by this engine because 2 years into the game they will realize that they fucked up again and can't add more weapon skins and then they need another 50 GB patch to fix the entire underlying engine. 100% something dumb like this is going to happen.

And @IcePrincess (can't multi quote on mobile) yeah I agree games like DOOM and Gears 4 look stunning, but by the time the next Halo drops technology will have advanced again. MS really fucked up with the One X because they are still held back by the retail Xbox and we're pretty much guaranteed to have another fiasco like Destiny 2 being locked to 30 fps on both consoles.

I don't understand the insistence that 343 is full of incompetent blowhards.  Artists, engineers etc can only do so much with the tools that they are given and the direction they are told to go by their bosses.  There has been some additional by subtraction the past year and a half and significant changes in leadership style to go along with that, so hopefully that lesson has been learned.  With a new proper engine, they will then have the tools to execute properly.  I really don't see how

343 will just be hamstrung by this engine because 2 years into the game they will realize that they fucked up again and can't add more weapon skins and then they need another 50 GB patch to fix the entire underlying engine. 100% something dumb like this is going to happen

is even close to relevant?  Those issues were more than likely the impetus for taking on this project in the first place. That's the exact place they are in with Halo 5. Microsoft also owns the assets to Havok, so that team could be in on it and have been hiring a ton of engineers at 343.

I have said this already but i'll say it again, my take is that 343 is going to be to Microsoft what DICE is to EA.  The creator and maintainer of the Slipspace engine that will have a dedicated team, instead of people wearing multiple hats, and that any Microsoft studio can use.  If the first party studios that Microsoft just acquired and the brand new studio they just started aren't publishing games "featuring the slipspace engine" within the next few years, i will be SHOCKED.  You don't embark on a project like this and create totally separate branding just to make a "Halo only" engine.

• Upvote (+1) 5