CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I hope they add environmental objects that can splatter someone if they hit them in just the right way at the right speed. The H3 traffic cones on Pit for example.

9 hours ago, JordanB said:

Two things can be true:

1. Halo 5 doesn't play like CE/2/3

2. You like playing some/all these games.

And honestly you're lying to yourself if you think 343 is going to make a change due to what we're talking about here. 343 went with "classic CE shield sound" bec people on Reddit are even starting to ask for it. The "no sprint" crowd is starting to spread to Reddit. Our opinions spreading out and being the common opinion is how 343 is going to listen. But if every person not on this site wanted Sprint, Thruster, etc. then it would be in game no matter what we say bec this is a small community. They don't cater to us to make their game, and according to the last 10+ years of Halo, we aren't even catered to for competitive Halo.

They literally cater to 0 people in terms of competitive play. 

At least 3000 of Beasts posts are ramblings about grievances and pedantic debates about game mechanics and this dude is out here telling people "it's just a game and not that serious"

The hell is happening. Some serious pot and kettle going on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Arlong said:

343 may not come here often but it happens. If by any chance 343 takes you or someone who’s like you’s opinion of how the game should be then that is a problem. 

In the crappy Batman vs Superman movie, one thing stuck with me, was when Bruce argues with Alfred that if there’s even 1% chance he’s not on our side we need to act on it. I want peoples opinions who if something say were changed or removed or added etf etc to be taken into account. I desire a good halo as do you, but someone who’d still play after all the nonsense (sprint, abilities) it shows me you don’t care for this franchise. It’s people such as yourself are why 343 thinks a game like h5’s multiplayer was and I quote “well loved” 

Yeah, the one who'll play the next Halo game because they don't really mind any direction the games go in doesn't care about the franchise. The one with the playtime and money invested in the franchise's merchandise doesn't care about the franchise. The one who grinds Halo years after others drop it doesn't care. That's how it works, I guess.

And I'd imagine I am part of that group, given I enjoyed Halo 5's MP a lot. Sue me for enjoying something new.

But I wouldn't say I don't care about the franchise. I just don't generally give a shit about what "its collective community" wants, and will argue with, and go against its grain if I think it's worth it, or if I think what "the community" wants is dumb. Which in turn leads to what I say, which then in turn leads to this. Because of my contrast to you, and others. For better or worse. I care, just in a different way. We don't mesh. I'm not a problem because of it.

• Like (+1) 1

See, the difference is every Shield/Health system has been either great or fine. Not a very fair comparison.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

See, the difference is every Shield/Health system has been either great or fine. Not a very fair comparison.

About the level of arguing prowess I’d expect from a sprint advocate on reddit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

About the level of arguing prowess I’d expect from a sprint advocate on reddit.

I like halo Reaches shield and health systems lot, but I wish it’s shields start healing at 4 seconds than 6 or 7.

I hope we can get some more Arbiter levels, or at least levels from the perspective of some higher-up Elite. That was my favorite part of Halo 2.

2 hours ago, Exidrion said:

At least 3000 of Beasts posts are ramblings about grievances and pedantic debates about game mechanics and this dude is out here telling people "it's just a game and not that serious"

The hell is happening. Some serious pot and kettle going on.

Sick

34 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

@ExidrionYou fed him drama. That’s like getting a Gremlin wet.

Ah yes Im the one seeking drama. Not you for the third time. Peace

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

They literally cater to 0 people in terms of competitive play. 

Idk man, tell that to the millions of Warzone players who watched HCS.

Anyone here actually enjoy warzone? Cuz I don't.

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

Warzone has its moments but after the weapon balance update I hated it.the BR is garbage. The BRS accuracy should of stayed the same just a range and AA nerf would of been fine!  Warzone has so much potential. Better designed bases be great, less focus on middle base, make it so AI are constantly spawning and aren’t in designated areas, where they’re taking over bases(bosses too/especially). Give an incentive to destroy the core and not another Achilles thing which supports farming. If the enemy captures all 3 bases make it so every base has “3” escape roots(not counting the two side doors) so a team needs to be extra careful, no standing from a far with a sniper. Speaking of snipers we need a req balance in the sense there should be a limit to what you can have out. It shouldn’t be ok for a squat to have everyone with a Norfang or answer. There should be only 2 level 7+ Reqs.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Not really. I just can't get over how much I hate the map design. Hell, I probably wouldn't even say the maps themselves. It's the how the whole mode is designed. It just doesn't equal fun map design, IMO.

The Plasma Launcher can charge then fire a burst of up to four plasma grenades that home in on, and stick to, targeted players or vehicles before automatically detonating.

The Reload button semi automatically fires up to four plasma grenades that stick where they impact until remotely detonated by the user.  The Scope button simultaneously detonates all active grenades; the D-pad detonates individual grenades.  Grenades will explode if shot or exposed to explosive damage.

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I can't find matches in BTB anymore thanks to Menke fucking with the MM settings so I have to resort to WZ. The REQ system fucking blows, the bosses are a huge missed opportunity and no fun to fight against with their fucking aimbots and huge health pools, the maps are ass and the gameplay is stale and repetitive as hell, but I can't deny how fun to it to call in a Banshee Ultra or Hannibal Mantis and go to town. 

I really hope WZ doesn't return in Infinite and we get a real BTB again. Even starts, no REQ nonsense and especially no P2W microtransactions. AI can stay or go I don't care. Increased player count is nice but ultimately doesn't impact the game all that much.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:00 AM, MultiLockOn said:

Looks like Gears 5 is a hero shooter.

I was under the impression that it's just for this one mode, maybe horde as well at worst.

I'd be surprised if it extends beyond PvE

42 minutes ago, Basu said:

I can't find matches in BTB anymore thanks to Menke fucking with the MM settings so I have to resort to WZ. The REQ system fucking blows, the bosses are a huge missed opportunity and no fun to fight against with their fucking aimbots and huge health pools, the maps are ass and the gameplay is stale and repetitive as hell, but I can't deny how fun to it to call in a Banshee Ultra or Hannibal Mantis and go to town. 

I really hope WZ doesn't return in Infinite and we get a real BTB again. Even starts, no REQ nonsense and especially no P2W microtransactions. AI can stay or go I don't care. Increased player count is nice but ultimately doesn't impact the game all that much.

WarZone is definitely happening. You don’t get rid of a successful mode like that. WarZone just needs to not be loot box based. If I want a certification for a weapon,let me buy that specific weapkn. Also in order to have free dlc micros have to exist, they have to understand. So SKINS. Make it so Gun skins need to be purchased. Heck’s if there’s one or two I like I’d be cool with that. They’re the most successful system so far, that doesn’t split the community.

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

WarZone is definitely happening. You don’t get rid of a successful mode like that. WarZone just needs to not be loot box based. If I want a certification for a weapon,let me buy that specific weapkn. Also in order to have free dlc micros have to exist, they have to understand. So SKINS. Make it so Gun skins need to be purchased. Heck’s if there’s one or two I like I’d be cool with that. They’re the most successful system so far, that doesn’t split the community.

When success is defined strictly in terms of profit, then Halo 4 was a success. 

With how repetitive, unbalanced, and P2W Warzone is, I would hardly consider it a “success.”

51 minutes ago, darkstar said:

When success is defined strictly in terms of profit, then Halo 4 was a success. 

With how repetitive, unbalanced, and P2W Warzone is, I would hardly consider it a “success.”

The success they got isn't from the game mode itself, it's the REQ Packs that were connected to it. REQ Packs, and of course Warzone, will more than likely return. Whether they improve the map design or the function of REQs is yet to be seen.

4 hours ago, calberto said:

I was under the impression that it's just for this one mode, maybe horde as well at worst.

I'd be surprised if it extends beyond PvE

That was my impression as well until I watched that full video. Seems it's game wide.

4 hours ago, Basu said:

But I can't deny how fun to it to call in a Banshee Ultra or Hannibal Mantis and go to town. 

How?

14 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Yeah, sure. The opening rush with pure magnums is godly. Mostly because murdering every REQ spamming kid not used to shooting the weapon is funny and fucking entertaining. Using suppressed precision weapons is also fun as dicks.

34 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

How?

Because it's easy as fuck ? It's like calling in an Apache or AC130 in Call of Duty. Mindless sure, but can't deny it's fun.