CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I hate people that like 2019 over 2018. 2019 is clearly worse and people need to stop living the lie that it's better than 2018 just because it's the latest.

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

At the end of the day it's literally a videogame. It's not that serious.

^ Person on forum created specifically to discuss the competitive side of games.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I hate people that like 2019 over 2018. 2019 is clearly worse and people need to stop living the lie that it's better than 2018 just because it's the latest.

2011 life. Fuck you post-2011 freaks.

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

^ Person on forum created specifically to discuss the competitive side of games.

Honestly its been nearly a decade since Reach was released. Some of you losers need to get over it.

• Toxic (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Honestly its been nearly a decade since Reach was released. Some of you losers need to get over it.

We still don't have playable Brutes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I don't have any hardcore expectations of what Halo "should be" in heavy air quotes. I just wanna play a new Halo. It could be anything, and I would still play it and easily enjoy it. It could be something more like CE, or something like Guardians for all I care.

I think a lot of people feel this way.  That’s why I am in favor of a Halo game with classic core gameplay.  Many people are going to play Halo regardless of the mechanics so there’s no real downside to creating mechanics that appeal to competitive play.  Flashy additions like Equipment add some pizzazz without affecting the core gameplay.  BTB maps can have built in gimmicks without affecting the core gameplay.  New vehicles and turrets can be added without affecting the core gameplay.  Niche gametypes can be further developed without affecting the core gameplay.

Halo could be so good if development was focused on the right areas instead of reinventing core gameplay based on the current flavor of the month.

• Like (+1) 2

Unrelated but not really.

4:00

Looks like Gears 5 is a hero shooter.

Also Gears 5 isn't short for Gears of War 5. It's officially being renamed to "Gears"

• WutFace (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

We still don't have playable Brutes.

At least the campaign players are loyal. A good campaign is still played decades after the original release of the game. All you MM kids dump a game as soon as the next new shiny one comes out. Zero loyalty.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Also Gears 5 isn't short for Gears of War 5. It's officially being renamed to "Gears"

They said "Everyone calls it Gears anyway" at E3 last year. Edit: Source.

23 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

They said "Everyone calls it Gears anyway" at E3 last year. Edit: Source.

Well that's just silly.

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

Well that's just silly.

Makes sense to me.

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Listen to what, though. Again, it's not like they listen to me, given what Halo is, nor do I push out opinions hardcore on what a game should be. How can they listen to someone who just plays the games handed to them.

343 may not come here often but it happens. If by any chance 343 takes you or someone who’s like you’s opinion of how the game should be then that is a problem. 

In the crappy Batman vs Superman movie, one thing stuck with me, was when Bruce argues with Alfred that if there’s even 1% chance he’s not on our side we need to act on it. I

want peoples opinions who if something say were changed or removed or added etf etc to be taken into account. I desire a good halo as do you, but someone who’d still play after all the nonsense (sprint, abilities) it shows me you don’t care for this franchise. It’s people such as yourself are why 343 thinks a game like h5’s multiplayer was and I quote “well loved” 

3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

At the end of the day it's literally a videogame. It's not that serious.

It’s a game series people have made deep and meaningful relationships with. Don’t say something’s just a VG when you know that’s how many of us socialize, meet friends or lovers, get joy you name it. This isn’t the 90s where gaming wasn’t the social norm, was something only a fat nerd would do. Gaming is a hobby I love and halo has such a place in my heart and I’ve gone through 3 disappointing releases in a row, part of it comes down these “I don’t care what happens” I’m staying people. 

Sure  I’m overreacting a bit to everything, but I honestly hate that phrase “it’s just a VG” 

Two things can be true:

1. Halo 5 doesn't play like CE/2/3

2. You like playing some/all these games.

And honestly you're lying to yourself if you think 343 is going to make a change due to what we're talking about here. 343 went with "classic CE shield sound" bec people on Reddit are even starting to ask for it. The "no sprint" crowd is starting to spread to Reddit. Our opinions spreading out and being the common opinion is how 343 is going to listen. But if every person not on this site wanted Sprint, Thruster, etc. then it would be in game no matter what we say bec this is a small community. They don't cater to us to make their game, and according to the last 10+ years of Halo, we aren't even catered to for competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Two things can be true:

1. Halo 5 doesn't play like CE/2/3

2. You like playing some/all these games.

And honestly you're lying to yourself if you think 343 is going to make a change due to what we're talking about here. 343 went with "classic CE shield sound" bec people on Reddit are even starting to ask for it. The "no sprint" crowd is starting to spread to Reddit. Our opinions spreading out and being the common opinion is how 343 is going to listen. But if every person not on this site wanted Sprint, Thruster, etc. then it would be in game no matter what we say bec this is a small community. They don't cater to us to make their game, and according to the last 10+ years of Halo, we aren't even catered to for competitive Halo.

Perhaps you’re right.  I am noticing a spike in no sprint reddit users. Perhaps 343 will listen to them. This sites reputation isn’t the best for halo. I was worked up over nothing in the end.

The Shredder is a Brute Chopper with the seat and handle bars removed.  Only the front wheel remains.

Upon deployment, this single-use weapon is rolled forward on the ground.  It instantly kills any players it runs over and destroys any vehicles it runs into.  Once the Shredder begins rolling forward, it never stops.  If it impacts a wall, it climbs the wall at the same speed it traveled along the ground at.

Once deployed, the user can remotely steer the weapon using the D-pad (Left turns left, Right turns right, Up performs an upward boost, and Down performs a forward boost).  The outer rim is impervious to damage; the weapon can only be destroyed by dealing sufficient damage to the broad sides of it.

Prior to deployment, the Reload button extends or retracts two spikes out from the center of the broad sides of the weapon.  The extended spikes create a wider path of destruction but also increase its turn radius.

Prior to deployment, the Scope button activates or deactivates two gravity generators, flowing out from the broad sides of the weapon.  The side facing gravity generators push away and flip proximate objects, players, and vehicles but disable upward and forward boost.

Once deployed, the weapon is removed from the user’s inventory.

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

The Shredder is a Brute Chopper with the seat and handle bars removed.  Only the front wheel remains.

Upon deployment, this single-use weapon is rolled forward on the ground.  It instantly kills any players it runs over and destroys any vehicles it runs into.  Once the Shredder begins rolling forward, it never stops.  If it impacts a wall, it climbs the wall at the same speed it traveled along the ground at.

Once deployed, the user can remotely steer the weapon using the D-pad (Left turns left, Right turns right, Up performs an upward boost, and Down performs a forward boost).  The outer rim is impervious to damage; the weapon can only be destroyed by dealing sufficient damage to the broad sides of it.

Prior to deployment, the Reload button extends or retracts two spikes out from the center of the broad sides of the weapon.  The extended spikes create a wider path of destruction but also increase its turn radius.

Prior to deployment, the Scope button activates or deactivates two gravity generators, flowing out from the broad sides of the weapon.  The side facing gravity generators push away and flip proximate objects, players, and vehicles but disable upward and forward boost.

Once deployed, the weapon is removed from the user’s inventory.

So it’s junkrats ult. Got it

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Nokt said:

So it’s junkrats ult. Got it

But it only splatters and doesn't explode

Increasing the number of unique methods of combatting vehicles increases the number skill sets required to be competent in vehicular gameplay.  Different maps could be tailored towards different types of vehicular play and counterplay, giving each a unique theme.  

A weapon should also show what species it was developed by.  You should immediately be able to tell the difference between a Brute weapon and a Promethean weapon, both in aesthetics and function.

Boyo my dude you really gotta get some help with that D-pad fetish.  Just have it follow the direction of your crosshair, so you can turn it more precisely and so you don't have to stop moving completely in order to turn it.  The whole gravity thing also feels tacked on and unnecessarily convoluted.

But otherwise not bad.  Not so great as an anti-infantry weapon but a pretty well designed anti-vehicle weapon.

• Like (+1) 1

The reason for the Gravity Bumpers is to combat vehicles that play chicken with the Shredder.  A good way to avoid the rolling weapon is to drive straight at it then turn away at the last moment.  The gravity bumpers make this a more risky maneuver as they could flip your vehicle over if you get too close.

Plus, it would be badass to roll down a walkway and send moveable objects flying off on both sides of you.  Now a walkway that had cover, no longer does.  Map evolution.

@Ramirez77

I can see that but why not just have a permanent, passive propulsion effect instead?  You're over-designing things here.

It would be neat to send objects flying but rather pointless unless they also respawned at the location after a period of time.

10 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

I can see that but why not just have a permanent, passive propulsion effect instead?  You're over-designing things here.

It would be neat to send objects flying but rather pointless unless they also respawned at the location after a period of time.

You absolutely could make the gravity bumpers a permanent effect.  That could even be the best thing to do.  The reason I choose to make them optional with trade offs is so the user could specialize the weapon prior to deployment.  Its core functionality stays the same but has a few configurations that offer fringe benefits.  The best configuration, in my opinion, would be default with neither attachment enabled.  You get the tightest turn radius and can still boost and jump.

Yes, moveable objects could be set to respawn so the map is not permanently altered.