CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

....wat

Like what was stated numb nuts, it means they’re good weapons. I don’t want some weapon in all honesty that’s only use is to pull an object towards me. I honestly just want guns that kill every time or combo like weapons. Like honestly make up a niche weapon that kills than does something stupid. 

23 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I don’t want some weapon in all honesty that’s only use is to pull an object towards me.

That’s not all the Gravity Hammer does.

Fire and melee function as they normally do.

Reload attracts a proximate, targeted objective to the user.

Scope while airborne activates Ground Pound.

52 minutes ago, Boyo said:

That’s not all the Gravity Hammer does.

Fire and melee function as they normally do.

Reload attracts a proximate, targeted objective to the user.

Scope while airborne activates Ground Pound.

Ok that’s improving the weapon, but some of the ideas here are just flat out ridiculous. This is a shooter at the end of the day people, that means the guns we pick up and spawn with better be able to kill. 

33 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Ok that’s improving the weapon, but some of the ideas here are just flat out ridiculous. This is a shooter at the end of the day people, that means the guns we pick up and spawn with better be able to kill. 

And sometimes "ridiculous" ideas like that work out really well. You'd probably be against a weapon having a stun effect? The plasma rifle in CE had a stunning effect before the port fucked it up. If 343 insists on adding so many weapons to the sandbox there's only so many roles they can fill before they're going to have to start adding "ridiculous" effects to the weapons to keep them unique.

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Arlong said:

No but it means they’re all good. 

Depends on your definition of "good". Good =/= everything kills fast

7 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

What's baffling is how there are people who AREN'T worried about Infinite.

Like, nearly 4 years after Halo 5 with barely anything to show for it doesn't instill me with confidence. If anything, it suggests that the game has gone through so many scrapped iterations that there's no time to slap together any sort of gameplay demonstration for the most recent build.

Because we all know that if Microsoft had anything impressive to show for its flagship franchise, it would have been there.

Phil Spencer said a couple years ago that they were not going to show extensive looks at games anymore until they were relatively close to release. H6 is a year and a half away. I would expect to get our first real glimpse at the gameplay early next year.  Im worried about Infinite just based on Halo's track record since Reach.  Though i am very much looking forward to playing Reach on PC since they are putting the TU settings in almost every playlist. They make it a much better game.

7 hours ago, Basu said:

Yup, if you aren't at least sceptical about Infinite you're doing something wrong. Nothing points towards this being a good game. New engine? Longer dev cycle? Classic art style? These are all red herrings and chances are the gameplay won't hold up. Halo 4 threw similar bones to classic Halo fans that didn't like Reach and that game was a complete disaster. Same goes for H5, "return of Arena combat", oh but you can't move and do literally anything else at the same time.

The only thing we know for sure is that 343 has a terrible track record, the game is taking way longer to come out than expected and that it will ship on the next Xbox in 2020. Anything else is wishful thinking.

Disagree. People have entirely different expectations for a new game coming out. No one's doing anything wrong by being purely excited by it, or the opposite, feeling potentially dejected/angry at said game/franchise. 

For example, I'm not skeptical for Infinite because I don't have any hardcore expectations of what Halo "should be" in heavy air quotes. I just wanna play a new Halo. It could be anything, and I would still play it and easily enjoy it. It could be something more like CE, or something like Guardians for all I care. Could just have Arena for all I care and I'd play it if it had good gameplay.

Different people. Different expectations. Imagine.

9 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

What's baffling is how there are people who AREN'T worried about Infinite.

Like, nearly 4 years after Halo 5 with barely anything to show for it doesn't instill me with confidence. If anything, it suggests that the game has gone through so many scrapped iterations that there's no time to slap together any sort of gameplay demonstration for the most recent build.

Because we all know that if Microsoft had anything impressive to show for its flagship franchise, it would have been there.

Arguably? I get the more nagging sense it's like E3 2014. Where Halo 5 had a CG trailer shown for its beta, but we didn't really get gameplay until late 2014, closer to its beta. We were mostly told what was gonna be a thing with it, with E3 2015 being the major showcase for it. How I'll feel mostly extends to when we see b-roll/gameplay demos for it. If that begins around December, gucci. If we're just beginning flighting/previews a ways into 2020? Whew. I'd imagine we could get more news during Gamescom, as we did with Halo 5.

Although, I don't disagree with the scrapped iterations of the game given the original trailer for Infinite was once rooted in Halo 5's aesthetic. I'd imagine there was gonna be the "true sequel to Halo 5" with plans shifting in 2016/17 to a subtle super soft reboot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Disagree. People have entirely different expectations for a new game coming out. No one's doing anything wrong by being purely excited by it, or the opposite, feeling potentially dejected/angry at said game/franchise. 

For example, I'm not skeptical for Infinite because I don't have any hardcore expectations of what Halo "should be" in heavy air quotes. I just wanna play a new Halo. It could be anything, and I would still play it and easily enjoy it. It could be something more like CE, or something like Guardians for all I care. Could just have Arena for all I care and I'd play it if it had good gameplay.

This isn't about nuHalo vs classic or any other philsophical debate. This is me as a consumer being sceptical after multiple sub-par games coming out of that studio plus an unexpected delay of at two years on top of that. People are just setting themselves up for massive disappointment but hey if that's what you want to do then go ahead.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Arguably? I get the more nagging sense it's like E3 2014. Where Halo 5 had a CG trailer shown for its beta, but we didn't really get gameplay until late 2014, closer to its beta. We were mostly told what was gonna be a thing with it, with E3 2015 being the major showcase for it. How I'll feel mostly extends to when we see b-roll/gameplay demos for it. If that begins around December, gucci. If we're just beginning flighting/previews a ways into 2020? Whew. I'd imagine we could get more news during Gamescom, as we did with Halo 5.

Although, I don't disagree with the scrapped iterations of the game given the original trailer for Infinite was once rooted in Halo 5's aesthetic. I'd imagine there was gonna be the "true sequel to Halo 5" with plans shifting in 2016/17 to a subtle super soft reboot.

Shut up, you’re literally the fan 343 or any company in general should NEVER listen too. If you’ll buy a game simply because it’s next in the series(outside of campaign reasons) then you have NO say in what should be in the next game. 

• WutFace (+0) 3

19 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Shut up, you’re literally the fan 343 or any company in general should NEVER listen too. If you’ll buy a game simply because it’s next in the series(outside of campaign reasons) then you have NO say in what should be in the next game. 

Yikes

• Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Double yikes

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

This isn't about nuHalo vs classic or any other philsophical debate. This is me as a consumer being sceptical after multiple sub-par games coming out of that studio plus an unexpected delay of at two years on top of that. People are just setting themselves up for massive disappointment but hey if that's what you want to do then go ahead.

The issue isn't your opinion. Its telling other people that they are "doing something wrong". There's really nothing wrong with knowing you're gonna play the next Halo game regardless. Cuz it's a franchise you've always enjoyed no matter the changes made. 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

I don't honestly get your point. I wasn't arguing for either side of Halo. I'm just saying it isn't wrong to not be skeptical of anything bar the lack of showing something MP based, and to me that's even a stretch as of now. Telling people they're doing something wrong if they're not skeptical here is to me, dumb, ironically enough. Not saying go for ignorance as a consumer. I'm just saying, I have no expectations of what the next Halo should be, given the franchise's history. And as such could take borderline anything gameplay wise. And alllllsooooo as such, my skepticism on "quality" or what the game will entail isn't really a thing. I don't worry for certain elements of Halo being in or out. Not doing anything wrong for that, I'm ironically enough, not gonna be disappointed either way. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Tell me more. You make riveting arguments. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

The issue isn't your opinion. Its telling other people that they are "doing something wrong". There's really nothing wrong with knowing you're gonna play the next Halo game regardless. Cuz it's a franchise you've always enjoyed no matter the changes made. 

8 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I don't honestly get your point. I wasn't arguing for either side of Halo. I'm just saying it isn't wrong to not be skeptical of anything bar the lack of showing something MP based, and to me that's even a stretch as of now. Telling people they're doing something wrong if they're not skeptical here is to me, dumb, ironically enough. Not saying go for ignorance as a consumer. I'm just saying, I have no expectations of what the next Halo should be, given the franchise's history. And as such could take borderline anything gameplay wise. And as such, my skepticism on "quality" or what the game will entail isn't really a thing. I don't worry for certain elements of Halo being in or out. Not doing anything wrong for that, I'm ironically enough, not gonna be disappointed either way. 

Tell me more. You make riveting arguments. 

Isn't that literally blind fanboyism though? Not trying to insult anyone here and I probably fall into the same category and won't ever be able to quit the franchise, but when looking at this from a neutral outside perspective this comes of as nothing but blind faith in a franchise. Maybe I'm just deflecting here, but I like to think I still hold these games to some kind of standard otherwise the developers can (continue to ) just walk over the fans and customers with no repercussions.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Basu said:

Isn't that literally blind fanboyism though? Not trying to insult anyone here and I probably fall into the same category and won't ever be able to quit the franchise, but when looking at this from a neutral outside perspective this comes of as nothing but blind faith in a franchise. Maybe I'm just deflecting here, but I like to think I still hold these games to some kind of standard otherwise the developers can (continue to ) just walk over the fans and customers with no repercussions.

If the developers are gonna do something, they're gonna do it regardless of what I say. And likewise they'd do it regardless of what people here say, if the past 9 years are anything to go off of. They may listen to a group, but I sure as hell am part of no real group with what I like about Halo. I'd be walked on regardless, and I know my feedback or criticism I hold would never be considered. It isn't that I don't have standards, I just know I'm a niche person to cater to, so I take what I get, and all I can do is put faith in the franchise, lol.

And it isn't really fanboyism given I'm not saying the game would be good, either. Nor am I praising the game, just yet. I just don't have an expectation of what it should be. It could have sprint, it could have abilities, it could have REQs, or it could have none of that and harken back to CE. I wouldn't care, either way. I'll just enjoy it for what it is, because in the end, it is that. Entertainment. And I won't just be denying a new title because it is/isn't like older titles. At best I'd be surprised if what I want is in/happens, at the least, I'll be entertained, because I enjoy almost every stroke of Halo, and I'm just excited to have more new stuff to dive into. 

I honestly hate it when someone follows something simply because it’s the next in the series or their next song etc etc. 

29 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I honestly hate it when someone follows something simply because it’s the next in the series or their next song etc etc. 

Cool, remain hating and miffed. I'm enjoying whatever the fuck I do, lol.

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Cool, remain hating and miffed. I'm enjoying whatever the fuck I do, lol.

Good for you. I won’t apologize to a sheep. 

Being a sheep isn’t a good thing people. If infinite has sprint and plays like ass, go back to mcc 

If someone genuinely enjoys playing something how are they sheep? Like seriously telling someone they're wrong for knowing they'll play the next game and enjoy it is pretty stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Good for you. I won’t apologize to a sheep. 

I didn't ask for a sorry. I don't need it. Again, you're getting weirdly worked up over nothing.

• Like (+1) 2

Anyone got any guesses on what Project Scarlett will actually be called?

10 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

If someone genuinely enjoys playing something how are they sheep? Like seriously telling someone they're wrong for knowing they'll play the next game and enjoy it is pretty stupid. 

Maybe you’re right, but I’m worked up over the fact people like that are listened too not just by 343 but in anything. Their criticism is almost pointless at that point. It’s like an abused customer, because you can do anything and they’ll support you, that’s ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Being a sheep isn’t a good thing people.

Why not?

• Thonking (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Maybe you’re right, but I’m worked up over the fact people like that are listened too not just by 343 but in anything. Their criticism is almost pointless at that point. It’s like an abused customer, because you can do anything and they’ll support you, that’s ridiculous. 

Listen to what, though. Again, it's not like they listen to me, given what Halo is, nor do I push out opinions hardcore on what a game should be. How can they listen to someone who just plays the games handed to them.