CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

What would be the benefits of locking the extra button to a single function instead of many possible functions?

A Halo game.

• Like (+1) 4

Pinging honestly be great, especially nowadays. Come on these days no one ever uses a mic in mm, it’s like once in a blue moon. Idc how long pinging last for it just needs to happen. Sure the in game spartan callouts could be improved only one problem. The pros usually make their own call outs, the in game spartan will use the names of the mini map displays where you are. 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, Apoll0 said:

As discovered throughout Reach and The 4, loadouts don't work for Halo.

No we didn't. We learned certain aspects to loadouts may not work. Being able to choose your weapon and your nade-type in a game with nerfed nades was a-okay. Armor abilities/perks themselves were the issue. 

Imagine (As hard as it may be) how much worse Halo 4's BTB would play if you could only spawn with the BR, and have no range or plasma pistols to disable vehicles/contest anything at range. It'd be dogshit. Simple. And we know this because of these "classic" settings existing in comparison to loadout-based slayer gametypes, lol. And they're, again, shit.

Loadouts were one of the best decisions made to be added to the game. Adding fluff to them wasn't. Being able to choose the good shit off the rip is a-okay, over being stuck with garbage like most Halos had us playing with.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, Basu said:

Slide would actually be cool if you could shoot while sliding, especially if they made it possible to slide down slopes like Apex (possibly a dumb idea but that shit's fun). 

Slide is one of the worst abilities that will never be cool with how console shooters and AA work. Just breaks hitboxes. Unless we shift to PC, I don't really wanna see it again. The idea of being able to shoot is noble, but if anything would exacerbate the issues if one person literally gets jankass aim, while the other is entirely a-okay to aim and fire at their opponent. You basically get Black Ops 4 garbage, lol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 2

Consider the following: Nothing made by 343 will ever have mechanical depth and truly great gameplay. Ever. We may as well stop talking about removing Sprint, Thruster and Clamber, and instead talk about making them better or at least bearable to use. Someone loves enhanced mobility so much that they have a deathgrip on it and are completely incapable of thinking critically of what it is actually doing to the game, and unfortunately they're calling the shots here. We could at least help them consider the flaws in them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

6 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

No we didn't. We learned certain aspects to loadouts may not work. Being able to choose your weapon and your nade-type in a game with nerfed nades was a-okay. Armor abilities/perks themselves were the issue. 

Imagine (As hard as it may be) how much worse Halo 4's BTB would play if you could only spawn with the BR, and have no range or plasma pistols to disable vehicles/contest anything at range. It'd be dogshit. Simple. And we know this because of these "classic" settings existing in comparison to loadout-based slayer gametypes, lol. And they're, again, shit.

Loadouts were one of the best decisions made to be added to the game. Adding fluff to them wasn't. Being able to choose the good shit off the rip is a-okay, over being stuck with garbage like most Halos had us playing with.

Slide is one of the worst abilities that will never be cool with how console shooters and AA work. Just breaks hitboxes. Unless we shift to PC, I don't really wanna see it again. The idea of being able to shoot is noble, but if anything would exacerbate the issues if one person literally gets jankass aim, while the other is entirely a-okay to aim and fire at their opponent. You basically get Black Ops 4 garbage, lol.

Stfu, slide is a great feature especially in BO4. You’re probably just fucking garbage.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, PolyG said:

Consider the following: Nothing made by 343 will ever have mechanical depth and truly great gameplay. Ever. We may as well stop talking about removing Sprint, Thruster and Clamber, and instead talk about making them better or at least bearable to use. Someone loves enhanced mobility so much that they have a deathgrip on it and are completely incapable of thinking critically of what it is actually doing to the game, and unfortunately they're calling the shots here. We could at least help them consider the flaws in them.

This is honestly how this chat should go. Most of these people from basic observation would rather discuss stupid niche weapons whom they know won’t ever make the cut because tbh most of them are stupid AF. There ain’t no modding any what you’re thinking of either weirdo @Boyo you make up most a lot of weird and I’m sorry the most stupidest ideas for abilities and guns.

im sorry for being a dick, but it needs to be said. Everyone else is too nice because they want to think your ideas be great but deep down they’re stupid as hell once you read em out loud. Here’s some reading advice people, when you read something you THINKS a good idea, say it out loud and then come back to me if you still feel the same.

• Thonking (+0) 2

2 hours ago, PolyG said:

This is stupid. If you care enough ask for what you actually want. If someone that doesn't like those mechanics does what you say they get a game that still sucks but maybe sucks a little less than it otherwise would have. In either case you just go play a game you actually enjoy afterward and forget about whatever they released. I guess you could stick around and continue to complain about it forever also but I hope people have been paying attention for the last decade. Get what you want out of the game or leave and do something else. Nobody owes the franchise or 343 anything. You're the consumer. 

343 is already filled with yes men and people obsessed with compromise. This forum is the last bastion of Halo fans that despise the fad-chasing mobility garbage and there's nothing wrong with stating that these "additions" are completely detrimental to Halo's core gameplay.

Also FYI 343 already "compromised" hard on sprint in Halo 5. They changed the speed bonus from the beta, they increased the ramp-up time, obviously no shield recharge etc etc. Honestly there is not much left to compromise on besides making it's boost insignificantly small or just removing it. Even if they further decreased the speed bost and allowed shooting while sprint, add more stopping power etc etc it will still have a detrimental effect on map design and gane flow, plus the CoD tourists we're trrying to attract with sprint will probably hate it too so no one wins.

It makes more sense to think about the general concept and design goal behind sprint: Why does it exist? Immersion. People want to feel like they're going fast. What's an easier way to achieve this? 1) Waste a button on the controller, add a problematic mechanic that requires 10 changes to the sandbox and another 10 band aids on to fuction correctly, stretch all the maps to oblivion and create custom animations for every single weapon OR 2) increase FoV, weapon sway, and base movement speed?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Stfu, slide is a great feature especially in BO4. You’re probably just fucking garbage.

Nah even pros will tell you it's pretty fucked. And specifically in Bo4 with it's weird ass aim assist the entire strafe in that game is "short sliding". Where you slide and Insta ADS. With the boost dexterity gives you it literally throws your reticle off target lol. Pretty known issue within the comp scene. Tons of players will tell you slide has been one of the worst additions to console FPS games. Not a radical opinion at all. 

11 hours ago, Arlong said:

You want to make that button for sprint replace it with something better but deep down don’t have any solution that isn’t niche or completely useless.

TIL equipment and ping are "useless". Okay.

I’ve only advocated for sprint to be in BTB and Warzone modes where sprint isn’t actually gameplay detrimental!

Yes it is, for the exact same reasons it's detrimental in 4's and 2's. Pointing to the most poorly designed BTB maps in history isn't helping your case.

you or anyone here isn’t even a BTB person you’re only the person who plays randomly with friends).

Wrong again. I've played quite a bit of BTB in every Halo. I enjoy it very much, as do a few other guys here. I have quite a few people on my friends list I would consider "BTB friends", and I'm in a discord with a bunch of the competitive BTB players. You make a lot of wrong assumptions about people.

Halo has a community of mixed fans. I’d like to say majority want no sprint, but I can promise you sprint not in BTB would be a complaint. You can’t honestly expect me to believe people preferred h1-3 BTB more than h4&reach

Really? You don't believe H3 was more popular, even isolating just BTB?  People liked BTB in H4 and Reach because it was the least offensive. The new BS they added had the least impact in that setting. That still doesn't account for the massive population hemorrhaging because people didn't like the game.  For some reason they never seem to get taken into account. Hmmmm.

• Like (+1) 3

The Lightning Gun is a battery operated, semi automatic, hitscan weapon with a 3x scope.  Ion Mode fires explosive rounds that originate in the sky and strike down vertically, limiting it to open air portions of the map.  In Arc mode, shots link from the target to proximate players, damaging them as well.  

If you want to get a good deal, you have to be willing to walk away from it.

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

whom they know won’t ever make the cut because tbh most of them are stupid AF.

Seeing as the last 3 or so mainline Halo games exist, I'd say being stupid is irrelevant to whether or not a mechanic makes it into a modern Halo game.

Sometimes I'd rather see an off-the-wall weapon idea than a discussion/rant about the billionth or so compromise to whatever movement system/gimmick creeps its way into the next game. It gives this forum some variety.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

You really got me there. I'm probably terrible without being observed. Thus, my point's moot. 

10 hours ago, PolyG said:

Consider the following: Nothing made by 343 will ever have mechanical depth and truly great gameplay. Ever.

Is this just a hypothetical hyperbole, or a legitimate view held by you here? 

All these people who have only played the MCC pc version talking like they're experts on CE's weapon balancing.

• Like (+1) 1

"Outshined by its successors" 

wat 

In my opinion, Reach was the first Halo to actually have decent balancing between all the weapons.

c107b80eb77d43c3285a5a975bf9db47--cartoo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"Outshined by its successors" 

wat 

c107b80eb77d43c3285a5a975bf9db47--cartoo

giphy.gif

I wasn't really paying attention the first time I read his post  The only well balanced and best balanced Bungie game was CE. Arguably also the best balanced Halo game period.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, xSociety said:

When someone thinks weapon balance means "all weapons are equally useful". 

giphy.gif

No but it means they’re all good. 

Daily reminder that no matter how bad things get, no matter what 343 does to Halo...

At least we have a release date for Cyberpunk 2077. Praise be to CDPR in all their majestic and lofty glory.

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

No but it means they’re all good. 

....wat

10 hours ago, darkstar said:

Favyn is back with based commentary as always. 

What's baffling is how there are people who AREN'T worried about Infinite.

Like, nearly 4 years after Halo 5 with barely anything to show for it doesn't instill me with confidence. If anything, it suggests that the game has gone through so many scrapped iterations that there's no time to slap together any sort of gameplay demonstration for the most recent build.

Because we all know that if Microsoft had anything impressive to show for its flagship franchise, it would have been there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlphaBenson said:

What's baffling is how there are people who AREN'T worried about Infinite.

Like, nearly 4 years after Halo 5 with barely anything to show for it doesn't instill me with confidence. If anything, it suggests that the game has gone through so many scrapped iterations that there's no time to slap together any sort of gameplay demonstration for the most recent build.

Because we all know that if Microsoft had anything impressive to show for its flagship franchise, it would have been there.

Yup, if you aren't at least sceptical about Infinite you're doing something wrong. Nothing points towards this being a good game. New engine? Longer dev cycle? Classic art style? These are all red herrings and chances are the gameplay won't hold up. Halo 4 threw similar bones to classic Halo fans that didn't like Reach and that game was a complete disaster. Same goes for H5, "return of Arena combat", oh but you can't move and do literally anything else at the same time.

The only thing we know for sure is that 343 has a terrible track record, the game is taking way longer to come out than expected and that it will ship on the next Xbox in 2020. Anything else is wishful thinking.

• Like (+1) 1