CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

12 hours ago, Arlong said:

It really is poorly designed, the only map with a decent design was RAID in apex because it had those towers. A simple party matching could of fixed the farming issues done by 12 man teams, as for being anti first timing this is 100% true. If you’re coming into h5 months later you stand no chance! 

What would you do exactly? There’s not exactly any games that incorporate this bizarre sprint that activates because you’re moving forward for a decent time. Sprint being wasted on a button is completely irrelevant we just need separate modes with sprint off and sprint on. The Only motherfuckers who want sprint are BTB people. So give them what they want! FUCK!  

Ive never felt like I needed sprint on guardian or lockout, but on blood gulch, standoff,Valhalla, I do.

It’s irrelevant? No. No it is not. Sprint could be the equipment button. It could be grenade swap. It could be ping. It’s not irrelevant, at all.

Up the base movement speed and FOV, and add cosmetic screen effects to make the player feel fast. On big maps it’s pretty easy; don’t have giant open fields with no infantry routes. Weave the infantry/vehicle playspaces through each other. Use mancannons, lifts and teleporters. People make it sound like it’s impossible to make a BTB map without having to choose between moving and shooting, as if there aren’t tons of examples that disprove this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The BTB maps that require sprint to play good are just shit and overrated in general. Contrary to popular belief, BTB maps do not need miles of wide open areas with no cover just so you can justify the existance terrible mechanics like sprint and spread/recoil on the utility weapon (see the newest H5 BTB settings).

You absolutely do not need sprint on maps like Rats Nest, Headlong, Zanzibar and the like which allow infantry to navigate the map without getting slaughtered in the open.

and @Hard Way I would love if Halo had a ping or comms button. People sadly rarely use mics nowadays and games like Apex, Battlefield and OW have found ways to still communicate with teammates while us Halo players are still teabagging and shooting weapons on the ground to indicate to teammates to pick up a dropped weapon lmao.

24 minutes ago, Basu said:

The BTB maps that require sprint to play good are just shit and overrated in general. Contrary to popular belief, BTB maps do not need miles of wide open areas with no cover just so you can justify the existance terrible mechanics like sprint and spread/recoil on the utility weapon (see the newest H5 BTB settings).

You absolutely do not need sprint on maps like Rats Nest, Headlong, Zanzibar and the like which allow infantry to navigate the map without getting slaughtered in the open.

and @Hard Way I would love if Halo had a ping or comms button. People sadly rarely use mics nowadays and games like Apex, Battlefield and OW have found ways to still communicate with teammates while us Halo players are still teabagging and shooting weapons on the ground to indicate to teammates to pick up a dropped weapon lmao.

An Apex Legends style ping system would vastly improve Halo's multiplayer more than any gimmicky mechanic ever could. It would also be a far more effective solution towards curating better communication and teamwork than utterly ridiculous suggestions like forced game chat.

• Like (+1) 2

Ranked playlists absolutely should have forced game chat.  Or at the very least, some sort opt in or automatic detection so people with mics get matched together.  If you’re in favor of matching players based on skill, you should also be in favor of matching players who communicate.  I think the best way to do this is to just automatically switch all players in the match to game chat when it starts.

• Like (+1) 1

I think a friendly reminder in the message of the day to use your mic and a popup saying "Do you really want to stay in party chat? It is highly recommended to turn to game chat in competitive playlists?" that people have to comfirm when playing ranked in party chat would do more than an outright ban of party chat. People would just use 3rd party solutions like Skype or Discord on Xbox instead of party chat and on PC you can outright forget forcing game chat lol.

A better UI that actually lets you quickly mute idiots who blast music or scream down the mic would also help (looking at you H5 and MCC pre-game lobbies) would also make me more likely to use the mic.

On a similar note, if the spartan chatter wasnt' so cringy ("NICE SHOT BROOOO") it could actually do a lot of good for the game. Stuff like "picked up the sniper" and announcing weapon timers is a good push in the right direction for Halo and can potentially make them learn how to set up for power items more effectively instead of the "headless chicken" approach most randoms in MM love to take. This is something H5 deserves actual praise for, with both the weapon timers and pre-game videos showing where items spawn. I just with the Nav markers didn't give away people's position but that's an age old argument by now.

Giving players more information about their teammates movement, intentions what to do next and especially combat status would be great for Infinite and all games in general. I mean how many times have we all died with a teammate standing right next to you doing jack shit because they didn't understand you're fighting someone? Better sound clues, bringing back the H3 player tags that change color depending if your teammate is getting shot/shooting could really help make the game less frustrating to play with randoms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Completely off topic, but just wanted to throw this out there.

I think the "emergency ship voice" we hear in the trailer is the same emergency ship voice that is in Alien Resurrection.  Considering CE took alot from Aliens, I think it's pretty cool.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

If Equipment were to return, Thruster could be one of them.  This would be a great pick up on arena maps.

Some sort of sprint analog Equipment could also be included to reduce infantry travel times on certain BTB maps if that was necessary.

That’s the great thing about the mystery box button.  It could be anything, even a boat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Ranked playlists absolutely should have forced game chat.  Or at the very least, some sort opt in or automatic detection so people with mics get matched together.  If you’re in favor of matching players based on skill, you should also be in favor of matching players who communicate.  I think the best way to do this is to just automatically switch all players in the match to game chat when it starts.

That wouldn't work. I remember back in (I think) MW2 days where some playlists like Hardcore SnD wouldn't let you use party chat (and this was at the very beginning of party chat in general) and many times we wouldn't play that solely for this reason. 

10 years later, when party chat is the norm, and we have other tools to chat like the Xbox app or Discord... Forcing game chat will do nothing except annoy players and potentially prevent people from playing. It sucks but it's the world we live in.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Remember how Tartarus pulls Guilty Spark towards him with his Gravity Hammer in Halo 2?

How would you feel about the Gravity Hammer’s Alt Fire being able to pull an objective to the user from a short distance away?

• Upvote (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, JordanB said:

That wouldn't work. I remember back in (I think) MW2 days where some playlists like Hardcore SnD wouldn't let you use party chat (and this was at the very beginning of party chat in general) and many times we wouldn't play that solely for this reason. 

10 years later, when party chat is the norm, and we have other tools to chat like the Xbox app or Discord... Forcing game chat will do nothing except annoy players and potentially prevent people from playing. It sucks but it's the world we live in.

The reason for that in the first place was because when you died in SnD you could see the enemies location, so you’d be able to tell your team where they’re at.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/13/2019 at 4:18 AM, Hard Way said:

Even if you hide sprint in bullshit modes, you still waste a button on it.  Just make a good game. Fuck.

Dpad right aint much of a loss tbh. Or just make it a combo thats a toggle. Like lb and rb if toggled on. Halo doesnt need all the buttons for good play lol

Halo has one free button outside of core functions (not including the d-pad).

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Remember how Tartarus pulls Guilty Spark towards him with his Gravity Hammer in Halo 2?

How would you feel about the Gravity Hammer’s Alt Fire being able to pull an objective to the user from a short distance away?

A simpler idea would be to introduce an optional charging time for the hammer during which it would pull objects and players in. Good visual and audio cues would be key. Not that it needs to be a balanced weapon since it’s for casuals, but this would introduce some counterplay if you knew a hammer user (MP or campaign) were trying to pull you closer, since you could hold forward and get a melee off with the added speed. Also makes it not functionally identical to the sword (ignoring partial damage).

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gobias said:

A simpler idea would be to introduce an optional charging time for the hammer during which it would pull objects and players in. Good visual and audio cues would be key. Not that it needs to be a balanced weapon since it’s for casuals, but this would introduce some counterplay if you knew a hammer user (MP or campaign) were trying to pull you closer, since you could hold forward and get a melee off with the added speed. Also makes it not functionally identical to the sword (ignoring partial damage).

First, weapon charging should be reserved for extremely powerful weapons, not this.  I like how you have an effect going on during charging but even that isn’t enough to warrant a charge time in my opinion.

Second, I’m not sure how much simpler looking at an objective and pressing the Reload button while holding the Gravity Hammer can get.  Look at it, press a button, it flies into your hands and now you’re carrying the objective.  Simple.

I like the concept of your pull idea but I don’t know how practical it would be to try to pull an enemy towards you while he is melting your face off.

I wouldn’t mind audio visual cues but I don’t know how necessary they would be since this action would occur near instantly and the announcer already notifies players when an objective is picked up.  It’s literally just an extended range objective pick up.

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

The reason for that in the first place was because when you died in SnD you could see the enemies location, so you’d be able to tell your team where they’re at.

Yeah, I wasn't arguing why or why not it should/shouldn't have been in the game, just that it was something that did deter me or my friends from playing it, and it would definitely be something that deters players from playing it today if we forced game chat. 

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

Dpad right aint much of a loss tbh. Or just make it a combo thats a toggle. Like lb and rb if toggled on. Halo doesnt need all the buttons for good play lol

1. Who the hell wants to hit the Dpad to sprint?

2. Why are we arguing for new ways to keep sprint again? Also, then you run into button mapping problems like holding X and B at the same time on certain layouts, for example. Also, this could lead to another jumping melee delay type scenario where the game waits and checks to see what you're really trying to do.

3. Halo may not need every button to play well, but wasting that free button on something like sprint deprives us the chance to make it better.

Can't tell if you're arguing just to argue, or if you're serious. Either way, fuck sprint, and fuck any attempt to keep it.

• Like (+1) 2

Cant wait for Sprint to be in Halo Infinite so I can watch the developers scratch their heads because they just can't seem to understand why the game can't pull over 10K viewers on any streaming platform.  

It's almost like, something that works for one game, is irreparably harmful to another....crazy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1

If Sprint isn't there for that last button, I definitely think we should incorporate the Pinging system into Halo.

Make it simple, easy for the button to be pressed at a moment's notice for just about any control settings (would be nice if we finally get custom button mapping but anyway). Pressing it would highlight the area your reticle is aiming. A weapon, an enemy, or just a spot to suggest going to. Would only last seven seconds or so, and if players spam it, you can mute them and turn off their ability to Ping or Talk to you.

Shouldn't be hard to code. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

If Sprint isn't there for that last button, I definitely think we should incorporate the Pinging system into Halo.

Make it simple, easy for the button to be pressed at a moment's notice for just about any control settings (would be nice if we finally get custom button mapping but anyway). Pressing it would highlight the area your reticle is aiming. A weapon, an enemy, or just a spot to suggest going to. Would only last seven seconds or so, and if players spam it, you can mute them and turn off their ability to Ping or Talk to you.

Shouldn't be hard to code. 

Does every player need this all the time in every game mode?  If the answer is no then there should not be a button dedicated solely to it.  If this feature isn’t core to every aspect of the experience then it shouldn’t have its own universal button.

That being said, I think it would make a decent piece of Equipment.  You could even spawn players with it in certain game modes if you like.

41 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Does every player need this all the time in every game mode?

Yes. Universal use, no matter what.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, JordanB said:

Yeah, I wasn't arguing why or why not it should/shouldn't have been in the game, just that it was something that did deter me or my friends from playing it, and it would definitely be something that deters players from playing it today if we forced game chat. 

Lol it was the same for me too, one way to get past that was private chat back in the day😅

I'm honestly surprised a ping system hasn't been introduced to Halo yet. It makes complete sense from a gameplay and lore perspective. 

@Hard Way look I know you hate sprint, so do I. Dude back in h4 days I was the person who was trying to get players for no sprint customs! If that doesn’t tell you I hate sprint more than anything I don’t know what will. You want to make that button for sprint replace it with something better but deep down don’t have any solution that isn’t niche or completely useless. I’ve only advocated for sprint to be in BTB and Warzone modes where sprint isn’t actually gameplay detrimental! I’ve noted how maps like Valhalla worked better with sprint and in h4 that was pure proof. Sprint has never killed BTB for anyone(you or anyone here isn’t even a BTB person you’re only the person who plays randomly with friends) . Halo has a community of mixed fans. I’d like to say majority want no sprint, but I can promise you sprint not in BTB would be a complaint. You can’t honestly expect me to believe people preferred h1-3 BTB more than h4&reach(I won’t count h5 because it’s nothing but forge so h5’s BTB leaves a bad taste in people’s mouth) heck’s the only negative about reach BTB was the banshee was op

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Yes. Universal use, no matter what.

If Pinging was an Armor Ability instead of a base trait, you could have that ability in all the gametypes you wanted but that button could also be used for other abilities in other gametypes.  What would be the benefits of locking the extra button to a single function instead of many possible functions?