CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Keep sprint in Warzone.

Keep Halo in Arena. 

Tourist gamers have their little 15 minutes of unbalanced, but chaotic and accessible fun.

Fans have a proper Halo to sink their teeth into. 

Win/win. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Keep sprint in Warzone.

Keep Halo in Arena. 

Tourist gamers have their little 15 minutes of unbalanced, but chaotic and accessible fun.

Fans have a proper Halo to sink their teeth into. 

Win/win. 

Stop with the good ideas, this is not what I spend my Xbox game pass on.

35 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Stop with the good ideas, this is not what I spend my Xbox game pass on.

You can have this pink Spartan skin for Gears 5 as compensation.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't give a shit about warzone. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seriously just leave sprint in campaign/warzone/firefight and have the regular matchmaking be classic..but we all know that’s not going to happen because of 343’s stupid decision that the multiplayer needs to be canon or whatever.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I don't want a button wasted on sprint.

My hands can't take another Halo 5.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

I don't give a shit about warzone. 

Exactly. What better place to have gimmicks for tourists.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Even if you hide sprint in bullshit modes, you still waste a button on it.  Just make a good game. Fuck.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

My hands can't take another Halo 5.

Just get a third hand and adapt or get out you fucking casual.

• Like (+1) 3

Fuck Borezone and its pay to win garbage. That 24 player count should have been for BTB and warzone should have been a gamemode extension of that, not it's own thing.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Fuck Borezone and its pay to win garbage. That 24 player count should have been for BTB and warzone should have been a gamemode extension of that, not it's own thing.

but bro it's not pay to win you get REQ packs by just playing the game /s

Still can't believe people let 343 get away with this garbage. Not only is WZ 100% P2W and encourages farming and partying up to pubstomp, it's also hilariously poorly designed. The maps are all of similarly bad design and all the bases are just copy n paste jobs. Do people just not notice this?

The REQ system enhances snowballing to the point where you might as well quit if the enemy team captures the center flag because there's realistically no coming back. Even within REQ tiers there are astonishing balance issues (Whiplash, Wasp, Ghosts, Banshees are insanely OP) and the worst part IMO are the permanent unlocks such as the rarer armor mods like Upgraded,Thruster  and the weapons like Tac Mag, Extended Mag, H2 BR and all the DMRs. It takes hundreds of hours to unlock these and they offer a permanent and significant advantage over first-time players. About as anti-Halo as a gametype can be.

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Basu said:

but bro it's not pay to win you get REQ packs by just playing the game /s

Still can't believe people let 343 get away with this garbage. Not only is WZ 100% P2W and encourages farming and partying up to pubstomp, it's also hilariously poorly designed. The maps are hilariously poorly designed and all the bases are just copy n paste jobs. Do people just not notice this?

The REQ system enhances snowballing to the point where you might as well quit if the enemy team captures the center flag because there's realistically no coming back. Even within REQ tiers there are astonishing balance issues (Whiplash, Wasp, Ghosts, Banshees are insanely OP) and the worst part IMO are the permanent unlocks such as the rarer armor mods like Upgraded,Thruster  and the weapons like Tac Mag, Extended Mag, H2 BR and all the DMRs. It takes hundreds of hours to unlock these and they offer a permanent and significant advantage over first-time players. About as anti-Halo as a gametype can be.

It really is poorly designed, the only map with a decent design was RAID in apex because it had those towers. A simple party matching could of fixed the farming issues done by 12 man teams, as for being anti first timing this is 100% true. If you’re coming into h5 months later you stand no chance! 

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Even if you hide sprint in bullshit modes, you still waste a button on it.  Just make a good game. Fuck.

What would you do exactly? There’s not exactly any games that incorporate this bizarre sprint that activates because you’re moving forward for a decent time. Sprint being wasted on a button is completely irrelevant we just need separate modes with sprint off and sprint on. The Only motherfuckers who want sprint are BTB people. So give them what they want! FUCK!  

Ive never felt like I needed sprint on guardian or lockout, but on blood gulch, standoff,Valhalla, I do.

Speaking of large scale game modes...

Promethean Turrets:  Turning the Base into a Weapon 

The Slider and the Rover are two Monitor sized turrets that the user teleports inside while manning.  The Slider can travel up, down, left, or right along predetermined paths while the Rover can teleport between four discrete locations.  Their size and mobility allow these turrets to “patrol” the base they are attached to, turning it from just a structure into a living weapon.

You know what I just realized about overwatch. It has several movement like abilities but majority of them allow something, ACTION. Every time you do something it’s mwant for aggression or you can shoot while doing it. This is probably one of halos greatest SINs. In halo you can’t shoot when sprinting, clambering, or sliding(in bo4 you can). 

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

In halo you can’t shoot when sprinting

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

tenor.gif

Lmao. I’m simply pointing it out as a whole. Heck’s even while thrustering we can’t shoot! 

15 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You know what I just realized about overwatch. It has several movement like abilities but majority of them allow something, ACTION. Every time you do something it’s mwant for aggression or you can shoot while doing it. This is probably one of halos greatest SINs. In halo you can’t shoot when sprinting, clambering, or sliding(in bo4 you can). 

In CoD you can only do that when you have the right loadout. As discovered throughout Reach and The 4, loadouts don't work for Halo.

In overwatch those are tied to abilities that can only be activated on a set schedule not at will. Unless you're playing Soldier, but in that case sprint takes the place of an ability slot.  Totally different gametype, style and intent.

You really can't have differential movement speeds in Halo, activated by a button, that both allow you to shoot.  The sprint speed would become the only speed anybody would use, so whats the point of even having a slow speed?  The irony is, with the way sprint forces maps to be stretched you really don't have a choice but to sprint whenever you're not in combat and it becomes the de facto base movement speed anyway, but makes you vulnerable.

They either need to find a way to implement momentum based movement speed that feels good, or ditch button-press sprint entirely otherwise Halo's gameplay will always suffer.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I think these abilities would be 50% less annoying if you could shoot while performing them. The reason escaping is so easy is because chasing the dude that's one shot leaves you without a gun and sets you up to getting cleaned up by his teammates.

With that said clamber and sprint will always be dogshit because they ruin map design and make jumps too forgiving, shoulder charge and ground pound will always be stupid because they're too forgiving and melee by itself is good enough that it doesn't need more shit on top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

25 minutes ago, Basu said:

I think these abilities would be 50% less annoying if you could shoot while performing them. The reason escaping is so easy is because chasing the dude that's one shot leaves you without a gun and sets you up to getting cleaned up by his teammates.

With that said clamber and sprint will always be dogshit because they ruin map design and make jumps too forgiving, shoulder charge and ground pound will always be stupid because they're too forgiving and melee by itself is good enough that it doesn't need more shit on top.

So Clamber, Sprint, Spartan Charge, Ground Pound are shit. Slide is an addition to Sprint. Smart scope and Stabilizer are all about shooting. 

So the only ability that would actually make sense to your original point would be Thrusters, no?

30 minutes ago, JordanB said:

So Clamber, Sprint, Spartan Charge, Ground Pound are shit. Slide is an addition to Sprint. Smart scope and Stabilizer are all about shooting. 

So the only ability that would actually make sense to your original point would be Thrusters, no?

I mean, that wouldn't be the first time someone said thruster was the best feeling ability and likely the most fair out of all the nonsense we got from 4/5.

22 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Now that I think about it yeah lol. Most of the abilities just gotta go period. Sprint if you could shoot through it would be 343-levels of redundant but technically it could work, CoD used to have a perk that allows shooting while sprinting and it wasn't that awkward IMO.

Slide would actually be cool if you could shoot while sliding, especially if they made it possible to slide down slopes like Apex (possibly a dumb idea but that shit's fun). Thruster is the biggest offender though. An ability that to this day people say can be used offensively btw. If they allowed shooting during thrust and made it more of a slight dodge than a ZOOOOOOOM ability I could actually get behind it.

If it had the distance and speed of something like the dodge in Toxikk

That would be 1) more balanced and 2) not feel so jarring to use.

• Like (+1) 1

Shooting while sliding would be interesting, but 1. I feel that would cause everyone to sprint/slide/shoot combo everywhere they go along the map as it would make them a harder target, and 2. You would absolutely have to make shooting while sprinting possible as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Basu said:

It's honestly baffling how many people continue to get tricked by the two trailers' art style. 343 has pulled similar tricks before. If there are no AAs and sprint then it will be ultimate abilities, wallrunning or some other bullshit. They just can't help but put their OwN SpiN on every new Halo game. 

There’s no way they’d put abilities into the game after they played the classic CE drum music.

• Thonking (+0) 1